So now can we get pasted the Galactic Legends and get new content?

Prev1
The developers said in their own Q&A that new characters and new tiers to Assault Battle were not new content.
So the Galactic Legends will go live today, how long will it take, past this event, to get to the new content that was promised? What will come next? When will there be any communication from CG about the new content?

The last 5 months the only communication has been about the hyper drive bundle or the Galactic Legends.

What does the community think? New raid, reworks, new game mode, 1 vs 1 to more parts of the game than the new GL event?

Replies

• How about more Galactic Legends, such as Padawan Anakin and Master Kenobi?
    That'll take another 3-4 months and maximise profits.
  • khelzac
    335 posts Member
    Guess we'll get more info once the dust settles. Maybe first week of April or so.
  • I mean the GL events are new content so there you go. New content.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    1v1 sounds awful
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    1v1 sounds awful

UP mirrors.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • pasted?
  • The developers said in their own Q&A that new characters and new tiers to Assault Battle were not new content.

Fairly sure they didn't, but ok.
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Wait for the april post. They'll talk about it. It is something that we really wanna have. So I assume it'll be a sandbox Mode.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    ERRYBODY IN THE CLUB GET PASTED
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Akenno wrote: »
    Wait for the april post. They'll talk about it. It is something that we really wanna have. So I assume it'll be a sandbox Mode.

The Journey Guide is a bit like a sandbox mode. You can go play it any time you like and it costs nothing. Rather limited on opponents, though.
  • The developers said in their own Q&A that new characters and new tiers to Assault Battle were not new content.

Q: Could you please define what you consider “new content?” I believe that there is a significant disconnect between what CG thinks of as “new content,” and what a large part of the playerbase does.

A: CG_Vyeking - While we broadly term characters, ships, and their corresponding events as content, this is not the 'new' content that I referred to in previous Q&A's. Nor would I consider the addition of the Challenge Tiers in Assault Battles the form of 'new' content I think meets the needs of our players. When I say 'new' content I mean wholly-new and fresh experiences served up to our players at regular intervals.
    As we move through 2020, we are actively working on systems to aid in the authoring of interesting and 'new' content. These systems take time to build, but are expected to yield a fresh, new content landscape. I know, "hold on, it's coming"" can be cold comfort so I won't repeat that verbatim, but I will say, "we've heard you, we're working on it, and we think you'll like the results."
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    all the new stuff is clearly new content, just not the new content they've been promising, which is still coming. Can we stop having this discussion please? It's clear.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    1v1 sounds awful

Since they are showcasing a new battle type - “the duel” in GL events, it sounds like we are going to see more of this in the future.

Missed opportunity for the dual.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    early this year

and early means august
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Akenno wrote: »

The Journey Guide is a bit like a sandbox mode. You can go play it any time you like and it costs nothing. Rather limited on opponents, though.

And teams that can be used..

Q: Could you please define what you consider “new content?” I believe that there is a significant disconnect between what CG thinks of as “new content,” and what a large part of the playerbase does.

A: CG_Vyeking - While we broadly term characters, ships, and their corresponding events as content, this is not the 'new' content that I referred to in previous Q&A's. Nor would I consider the addition of the Challenge Tiers in Assault Battles the form of 'new' content I think meets the needs of our players. When I say 'new' content I mean wholly-new and fresh experiences served up to our players at regular intervals.
    As we move through 2020, we are actively working on systems to aid in the authoring of interesting and 'new' content. These systems take time to build, but are expected to yield a fresh, new content landscape. I know, "hold on, it's coming"" can be cold comfort so I won't repeat that verbatim, but I will say, "we've heard you, we're working on it, and we think you'll like the results."

Thanks for the confirmation, they did in fact not say that Assault battle tiers aren't new content.
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    But they didn’t say that Bundle packs aren’t new content....PACKS!!! Just what everyone has been asking for.
  • NikoSWGoH wrote: »
    I don't see any new content coming anytime soon or they would have talked about it.
    But today I did get to see the look of the 2 characters I will get in a few years, so that's something.

Because if you don't complete it day 1, it's not new content.
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    all the new stuff is clearly new content, just not the new content they've been promising, which is still coming. Can we stop having this discussion please? It's clear.

did they hire George R.R. Martin to be dev?
  • NikoSWGoH wrote: »
    NikoSWGoH wrote: »
    I don't see any new content coming anytime soon or they would have talked about it.
    But today I did get to see the look of the 2 characters I will get in a few years, so that's something.

Because if you don't complete it day 1, it's not new content.

Years are made of quite a few days tho.

They are?
  • TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    At this point it’s pretty clear CG can’t build a fun and challenging encounter. The next Raid will be infinitely worse than HSTR. These events are a joke. Too bad.... potential for a SW game is through the roof. But CG only wants that money....

Malak says hi.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    In 4 months we will get a brand new event.

Anakin looks like 144p Anakin and Kenobi looks like the Mr. Sandman version.

After the long 14-18 weeks we will get 2 tiers of random battles until the last tier, Where we will play thumbs war 3x.
  • You people still believe they have anything new coming? You are looking at another quarter of nothing at least. That is why they milked GL for so long.