rant against events

Jenjhys
272 posts Member
edited March 2020
The world is in fight against COVID.

People lose their job because of containment.

But the only preoccuppation of CG/EA is to make more and more dollar by lauching a pay to win event.

Please CG/EA, delay your event...

Replies

• You mean the Legends?

It was announced a LONG TIME AGO before this pandemic happened.
  • How would that help anything?
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    What exactly are you proposing they do instead?
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    So are you saying CG shouldn't release any content anymore?

The excuse they were looking for!
  • Free rewards!!! 10,000 crystals!! But no they wont delay the event cause of the virus
  • You can't buy tickets or a win here and it's going to take time to fully unlock a GL so no, it's not pay to win.
  • Jml727
    114 posts Member
    Yea I have not defended CG and it pains me to do so but you do realize they are in this to make money? As much as it sucks you either accept that's what almost all game creators do or quit. It might stink to see non stop packs but again that doesn't change you can ignore them. Their p2p events that you call can be done by playing freely. Just might not happen immediately (but it could with smart farms). It is really rude that you are bringing in a world event to include in your argument. Get over yourself!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    This event has been on the books (at least since it was announced to us) for months. Why should they delay this event, due to totally unforeseen circumstances that we are all currently facing?

They have also mentioned they are working on something to give players (all players) something to do during these interesting times.

also this:
    You can't buy tickets or a win here and it's going to take time to fully unlock a GL so no, it's not pay to win.

as always anyone who has $$ to advance the hands of time in this game will have an advantage, but many of the toons required for this even have been out for a while and many of them (no not all) have been or are useful in many game modes.

We also have not seen them in action, and even after we have, I'm sure we will see counters come around that are usful at keeping some semblance of balance.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »

I think OP wants CG to give everyone jobs.
    Jenjhys wrote: »
    The world is in fight against COVID.

People lose their job because of containment.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

Would that mean we get paid extra?
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

CG ain't running a charity.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

CG ain't running a charity.

Should make a thread.
  • You cannot make this stuff up. Some people have no shame.
  • GALACTIC LEGENDS WORST EVENT IN GALAXY OF HEROES HISTORY! I feel absolutely terrible for anyone who decided to put money into this event because it was an absolute waste putting gear and relics on garbage characters that they seem to have no intention of reworking. I actually can't believe CG hyped up this for FOUR FREAKING MONTHS. So CG, let me spell out for you why this was the worst event you ever put out in the history of this game:
    1. You made us relic characters that we didn't even use. What was the point of giving relics to characters like Scavenger Rey, Holdo, or Rose Tico, Resistance Pilot, Phasma, Vet Han and Chewie, Emperor Palpatine, etc. if we weren't even going to use them? Why did the requirements have 24 characters with relics and 2 capital ships (combining both Rey and Kylo requirements), but in reality you only use about 10 of those characters? For the event requirements, you easily could have just put 5 characters for each event at least relic 5, because that's literally all it was/is.
    2. There's barely any lore involved. One of the awesome things about the Journey events and even Epic Confrontations was being able to relive the events in Star Wars. CLS was amazing especially with the Old Ben vs Vader scene. This event missed out on so many moments like Palpatine vs Rey and Kylo, Vet Han moment with Kylo, Kylo Ren fighting his way to get the Sith Wayfinder, Holdo Kamikaze and MANY MORE (makes me wonder if they even watched the last couple movies). Was it really that hard to work those things into the event?
    3. What's with the crappy rewards for tier 4 and 5? These require event tokens but all you get are a display picture and title? You're making people waste time and resources fighting these tiers and they don't even get gear or zetas? Only tier 3 of GS's epic confrontation was like this, but that was ok because it was basically a GS test run.
    4. Extremely lazy work. Tiers 4-6 are the same thing with ramped up difficulty. Tier 3 is glorified rock paper scissors. For 4 months of working on Galactic Legends, that's all you could come up with? I thought Galactic Legends were supposed to be the pinnacle of what SWGOH had to offer! This is like saying you're going to give someone chocolate ice cream with sprinkles but instead being given a scoop of poop drizzled in ****.
    5. Ticket system is stupid. I don't think there would be complaints about the tickets if the event was actually interesting and engaging, but it just isn't. Drop rates are terrible, but what's new.
    6. Not gonna lie, the art was also pretty bad. No offense CG, but GL Rey doesn't look better than Scavenger Rey. Only thing the art team did well was the transition from Kijimi to Kylo's room. All I'm trying to say is that the art is nothing to brag about. With the amount of time they had, it should've been a lot better.

In general, if I were to give the amount a rating from 1 to 10 with 1 being the worst and 10 being the best, it gets a 1. The letdown that we got was too great given the way the event was rolled out from it being hyped, the information being slowly trickled out, and CG basically tricking the entire player base by forcing them to get more than what was actually needed/was necessary for a **** event. Anyways, I think those are the major things I can think of. CG, next time you hype up something for 4 months, why don't you actually make it something worthwhile instead of pulling this load of garbage on us?
  • Tazzz
    62 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    jman1234 wrote: »
    GALACTIC LEGENDS
    HEROES HISTORY! I feel absolutely terrible for anyone who decided to put money into this event because it was an absolute waste putting gear and relics on garbage characters that they seem to have no intention of reworking. I actually can't believe CG hyped up this for FOUR FREAKING MONTHS. So CG, let me spell out for you why this was the worst event you ever put out in the history of this game:
    1. You made us relic characters that we didn't even use. What was the point of giving relics to characters like Scavenger Rey, Holdo, or Rose Tico, Resistance Pilot, Phasma, Vet Han and Chewie, Emperor Palpatine, etc. if we weren't even going to use them? Why did the requirements have 24 characters with relics and 2 capital ships (combining both Rey and Kylo requirements), but in reality you only use about 10 of those characters? For the event requirements, you easily could have just put 5 characters for each event at least relic 5, because that's literally all it was/is.
    2. There's barely any lore involved. One of the awesome things about the Journey events and even Epic Confrontations was being able to relive the events in Star Wars. CLS was amazing especially with the Old Ben vs Vader scene. This event missed out on so many moments like Palpatine vs Rey and Kylo, Vet Han moment with Kylo, Kylo Ren fighting his way to get the Sith Wayfinder, Holdo Kamikaze and MANY MORE (makes me wonder if they even watched the last couple movies). Was it really that hard to work those things into the event?
    3. What's with the crappy rewards for tier 4 and 5? These require event tokens but all you get are a display picture and title? You're making people waste time and resources fighting these tiers and they don't even get gear or zetas? Only tier 3 of GS's epic confrontation was like this, but that was ok because it was basically a GS test run.
    4. Extremely lazy work. Tiers 4-6 are the same thing with ramped up difficulty. Tier 3 is glorified rock paper scissors. For 4 months of working on Galactic Legends, that's all you could come up with? I thought Galactic Legends were supposed to be the pinnacle of what SWGOH had to offer! This is like saying you're going to give someone chocolate ice cream with sprinkles but instead being given a scoop of poop drizzled in ****.
    5. Ticket system is stupid. I don't think there would be complaints about the tickets if the event was actually interesting and engaging, but it just isn't. Drop rates are terrible, but what's new.
    6. Not gonna lie, the art was also pretty bad. No offense CG, but GL Rey doesn't look better than Scavenger Rey. Only thing the art team did well was the transition from Kijimi to Kylo's room. All I'm trying to say is that the art is nothing to brag about. With the amount of time they had, it should've been a lot better.

In general, if I were to give the amount a rating from 1 to 10 with 1 being the worst and 10 being the best, it gets a 1. The letdown that we got was too great given the way the event was rolled out from it being hyped, the information being slowly trickled out, and CG basically tricking the entire player base by forcing them to get more than what was actually needed/was necessary for a **** event. Anyways, I think those are the major things I can think of. CG, next time you hype up something for 4 months, why don't you actually make it something worthwhile instead of pulling this load of garbage on us?

1fzilhs6krno.gif
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Rhunne wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    This event has been on the books (at least since it was announced to us) for months. Why should they delay this event, due to totally unforeseen circumstances that we are all currently facing?

They have also mentioned they are working on something to give players (all players) something to do during these interesting times.

also this:
    You can't buy tickets or a win here and it's going to take time to fully unlock a GL so no, it's not pay to win.

as always anyone who has $$ to advance the hands of time in this game will have an advantage, but many of the toons required for this even have been out for a while and many of them (no not all) have been or are useful in many game modes.

We also have not seen them in action, and even after we have, I'm sure we will see counters come around that are usful at keeping some semblance of balance.

Dude how can you even defend them.. No seriously, I need to know? No sane person can defend this garbage and call it anything but. This is classic bait and switch. You as the clowns at cg told everyone that 26 characters where needed to unlock this event, but you can run through with the same 5, and you don't even need a frikken ship on top.. This is trash, this is lazy, this is an abomination of what could have been. Did these developers even watch the movie? Their **** poor attempt.. If you can even calm it that, is laughable. A coding student could have designed better.. And don't even get me started on the arts department; the highly touted arts department that is a hilarious joke, sorry but did they have a color blind monkey with tourettes?

Anyone who paid for this garbage I am sorry for. You where tricked and deceived in the requirements for this event only for none of it to be true or required. Capital games blatantly deceived us, deceived the whales and krakens into spending a crap ton for nothing.

The event was garbage, the characters/design is garbage. Cg is cowering where ever clowns go to cower. Stop defending this garbage as OK content which it is far from it.

can we see pics of your GL's stats?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Rhunne wrote: »
    Dude how can you even defend them.. No seriously, I need to know? No sane person can defend this garbage and call it anything but. This is classic bait and switch. You as the clowns at cg told everyone that 26 characters where needed to unlock this event, but you can run through with the same 5, and you don't even need a frikken ship on top.. This is trash, this is lazy, this is an abomination of what could have been. Did these developers even watch the movie? Their **** poor attempt.. If you can even calm it that, is laughable. A coding student could have designed better.. And don't even get me started on the arts department; the highly touted arts department that is a hilarious joke, sorry but did they have a color blind monkey with tourettes?

Anyone who paid for this garbage I am sorry for. You where tricked and deceived in the requirements for this event only for none of it to be true or required. Capital games blatantly deceived us, deceived the whales and krakens into spending a crap ton for nothing.

The event was garbage, the characters/design is garbage. Cg is cowering where ever clowns go to cower. Stop defending this garbage as OK content which it is far from it.
    If the game were as bad as you and people like you pretend it is, you wouldn't be playing it. I do not believe you would continue playing a game you sincerely believe is that bad. A game that elicits this kind of passion from people has to have some sort of merit, and it's not just the IP; plenty of things with the Star Wars name have flopped in the past.
    Still not a he.
  • ZAP wrote: »

Since you like saying, “people like you”, then I’ll say it too. People like you think it’s black and white, you either love everything about the game or you hate everything about the game and should just quit. People like you are wrong.

First I've heard of it, I'd say people like you aren't paying attention, but being called a shill presumably makes you people like me now...
    Since you like saying, “people like you”, then I’ll say it too. People like you think it’s black and white, you either love everything about the game or you hate everything about the game and should just quit. People like you are wrong.
    Black and white or precluding more nuanced opinions includes things like...

"Dude how can you even defend them," "This is trash, this is lazy, this is an abomination," "did they have a color blind monkey with tourettes?" "The event was garbage, the characters/design is garbage."

There is a difference between having negative opinions about some aspects the game and that kind of vitriol. That ain't dislike for a new feature in a free phone game kind of language.
    Still not a he.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Black and white or precluding more nuanced opinions includes things like...

"Dude how can you even defend them," "This is trash, this is lazy, this is an abomination," "did they have a color blind monkey with tourettes?" "The event was garbage, the characters/design is garbage."

There is a difference between having negative opinions about some aspects the game and that kind of vitriol. That ain't dislike for a new feature in a free phone game kind of language.

While I do agree that some posts around here do cross a certain line, especially the ones that get personal and I’ll speak out on those when I see them, I honestly don’t think the CGDF care about or even recognize nuanced criticism. The focus is always on these over the top, overly emotional posts, cause they’re low hanging fruit.

Only a colorblind monkey with tourettes would agree. Find some nuanced criticism and you’ll see (well, not in color I guess, but still)
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
    People like you think it’s black and white, you either love everything about the game or you hate everything about the game and should just quit. People like you are wrong.

Perhaps you're looking at too small a sample if this is all you care about? Must need better data.
    The focus is always on these over the top, overly emotional posts, cause they’re low hanging fruit.