Zeta Hoarding vs Spending

I’m a returning player and still working on unlocking JKR and DR as my primary focus. 3PO, GAS, Malak, and JTR are a ways away for me and not really on my radar at the moment. What I’m wondering is if I should keep saving zetas (at about 40 right now) for when I unlock the Revans, or should I be spending more to be more well rounded in parts of the game like TW, TB, GAC, etc. If I were to spend them now, CLS and Separatists would probably be a priority since those are the most built up and viable characters I have, outside of my Padme team. Just not sure what the best option is and which teams I should focus on gearing up the most.

Here’s my roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/172678242/characters/

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member

As long as you spend your zetas materials on strong zetas on characters that you will actually use, you will be alright.

Jolee's zeta is a must-have for your future JKR team. You might as well zeta him now and benefit. GMY's special zeta is very good as well.
  • I’d finish your Padme team, first, assuming you use them in the arena (which I would do, since she’s better than JKR and arguably on par with DR). Specifically, zeta GK. You won’t hold on defense without it. It’ll make GK way more annoying to work around, and encourage players to target other teams.
  • Your immediate zeta should be Kenobi's Soresu. Like, right now. You should be running PadSokAniKenobi D2 for arena, modding Ahsoka and Anakin with offense type health offsets, CD or Offense primary. R2, mod as much offense as possible, health too. Do that and you won't regret it. R7 that team.
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    I’d finish your Padme team, first, assuming you use them in the arena (which I would do, since she’s better than JKR and arguably on par with DR). Specifically, zeta GK. You won’t hold on defense without it. It’ll make GK way more annoying to work around, and encourage players to target other teams.

Not sure I agree padme is better , but it certainly is a great team with more arena use currently. Or more high end arena at least.

I would save the zetas for a bit looking at your team. The kenobi zeta isn't going to Make a big difference for where you are in arena. But it's a necessary one eventually. As is yodas if going after revan. Id slap it on jolee before anything really.
    Bolsters your bastilla team for twar & grand arena
    Is required for when you get revan.
  • Your immediate zeta should be Kenobi's Soresu. Like, right now. You should be running PadSokAniKenobi D2 for arena, modding Ahsoka and Anakin with offense type health offsets, CD or Offense primary. R2, mod as much offense as possible, health too. Do that and you won't regret it. R7 that team.

You really recommend putting R2 in over yoda? I thought he’s a less viable character now than he was a while ago, at least compared to Yoda
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    Yung_Hen wrote: »
    Your immediate zeta should be Kenobi's Soresu. Like, right now. You should be running PadSokAniKenobi D2 for arena, modding Ahsoka and Anakin with offense type health offsets, CD or Offense primary. R2, mod as much offense as possible, health too. Do that and you won't regret it. R7 that team.

You really recommend putting R2 in over yoda? I thought he’s a less viable character now than he was a while ago, at least compared to Yoda

No. Not r2 over yoda. Unless it's a rebel team.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Worth noting that you can make the Geos a viable team with just GBA's unique zeta. His lead is optional and none of the other bugs have a zeta.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• I reccomend hoarding Zetas until you relic the character you are putting them on or will be soon. It will ensure the character will be a long lasting investment. Granted you end up with 10 zetas like me. But eventually you get to blow them all on GLs eventually
  • Yung_Hen wrote: »
    Your immediate zeta should be Kenobi's Soresu. Like, right now. You should be running PadSokAniKenobi D2 for arena, modding Ahsoka and Anakin with offense type health offsets, CD or Offense primary. R2, mod as much offense as possible, health too. Do that and you won't regret it. R7 that team.

Yes, but perhaps I am biased because I have R7 R7 R7 R7 CLS Han Chew R2 with g12 C3 for arena. My Padme team is only beginning relic and I am not ready to use it for arena, but my R7 R2D2 is modded for offense to boost Han Solo. Since Padme, Ahsoka, and JKA are all attackers I figured my R2 would be boosting the team more than C3 or GMY would. I might be mistaken though.
  • You’re still a ways from jkr So I’d say finish your padme team with GK and then zeta CLS and Han
  • You’re still a ways from jkr So I’d say finish your padme team with GK and then zeta CLS and Han

I really hate to tell people to zeta the CLS team. 10 zetas..

If I could climb to top 10, maybe I could compete with some GAS teams with my R7 CLS team, but so many resources. I'm at 156 k GP with them. I still might take C3PO to R1/R2 for extra survival.

Last night I was thinking about remodding the team. I can get CLS to 306 and 1 other to 305 speed. Now I got CLS at 291ish. Problem is still Bastilla Shan Fallen surviving opening salvo. Perhaps with making 2 members very fast I'd be able to kill more DR/Malak teams. With that said back to the zeta point, there are so many teams that go as far or more with less zeta. zzAssaj zDaka zMT at R7 probably counter just as many teams with less investment. If they could take out Rex 1st preventing Tenacity up I imagine top NS team is ez win vs. GAS. Shaak-ti clones are Rank 1 competitive, less investment required. You get 3 GR ships to go with Negotiator out of it.

Actually, that's the path I would recommend pursuing. Shaak-Ti led clones
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Stick wrote: »
    I’d finish your Padme team, first, assuming you use them in the arena (which I would do, since she’s better than JKR and arguably on par with DR). Specifically, zeta GK. You won’t hold on defense without it. It’ll make GK way more annoying to work around, and encourage players to target other teams.

Not sure I agree padme is better , but it certainly is a great team with more arena use currently. Or more high end arena at least.

I would save the zetas for a bit looking at your team. The kenobi zeta isn't going to Make a big difference for where you are in arena. But it's a necessary one eventually. As is yodas if going after revan. Id slap it on jolee before anything really.

Padme is absolutely better than jkr.

I agree jolee zeta is probably better in the short term, though.
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Stick wrote: »

Padme is absolutely better than jkr.

I agree jolee zeta is probably better in the short term, though.

Depends on what part of the game you're in. If you're in a 100mil guild looking to build to sith raid , revans more important I'd say , he's also able to complete the separatist challenge tier , which padme still has no event for. Revan has very widespread use in territory war & grand arena , is one of the best underfilled + full health protection teams for grand arena.

Padme wins arena , and is equality versatile , for the most part in territory war and grand arena. Just saying it's not plain black and white as to who is better for an older player who came back into the game recently.
  • A quick question - why don't people put zBindo in a Padme led team of JKA, AT, GK? For defense hold overnight...
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    SithAmer wrote: »
    A quick question - why don't people put zBindo in a Padme led team of JKA, AT, GK? For defense hold overnight...

Makes the team worse is why.
    Lowers your anakin damage , lowers stacks of protection up resulting in less courage.