Galactic Legends base speed

Prev1
Kylo has 328 and Rey has 300. Dang.l

Replies

• Bruh I know. My fastest character only has 303 rn lol
  • Totally ridiculous.
  • Try to make rey 0 speed so she doesnt come out of her defense stance to quick lol
  • Bruh I know. My fastest character only has 303 rn lol
    Yeah, imagine that. A 328 base speed character with a bunch of speed mods. You may be looking at a 500-speed character.
  • GA_Phoenix
    368 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    393 at G13 for Kylo :o

560-600 Speed with Mods is doable
  • I am convinced they are railroading this game. There is no rational explanation to these base stats. Dumbest move theyve done...
  • Why didn’t they post the ability animations like they normally do?
  • That's asinine. I cannot fathom how they think that's a wise progression in terms of kit. Perhaps making up for weaknesses in their overall kit compared to the investment required?
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    That's asinine. I cannot fathom how they think that's a wise progression in terms of kit. Perhaps making up for weaknesses in their overall kit compared to the investment required?

You mean weaknesses like her 122,000 base health before mods or leader abilities or uniques or anything?
  • I'm honestly not surprised.

To be perfectly frank, the prereqs are so extreme that if the character wasn't a worldbeater there'd be no reason to put in any effort. You'd be better off just collecting other things and doing GL whenever you had nothing else to do. It wouldn't be a goal. It would be a side quest for when you're really, really bored.

With 500 speed on the table, there's enough value that even with the extreme costs you might want to actually prioritize a GL toon.
  • If rey can 300k hit right at the beginning, the GL have to be higher than that so they arent 1 shot killed. This is just insane.
  • Polinski08 wrote: »
    If rey can 300k hit right at the beginning, the GL have to be higher than that so they arent 1 shot killed. This is just insane.

Rey can't use her 2nd special right at the beginning though. Also GLs take reduced massive damage
  • ZAP wrote: »
    Power leap as opposed to power creep

5z4ln1icdgmy.gif
  • jawa7778 wrote: »
    Bruh I know. My fastest character only has 303 rn lol
    Yeah, imagine that. A 328 base speed character with a bunch of speed mods. You may be looking at a 500-speed character.

my calculatinos is that rey will get to about 622 speed with the best mods known
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    flux_rono wrote: »
    jawa7778 wrote: »

my calculatinos is that rey will get to about 622 speed with the best mods known

Don’t forget the +30 speed from her lead. A modest set will be well over 600 speed. An elite set could push near 650.

Personally I’d rather go all out for health and get that stat up near 300-400k.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Just checked their r7 states without mods. It's pretty clear they don't intend a GL to be beaten without one or other stuff that's not yet out there. Good luck to theory crafters. CG can invent annihilate 2.0 just to counter them any time they want. I wonder if they'll escalate this leap with non-gl (legs etc.) of the future.
  • CG: "We're going to make stats other than Speed matter!"

Also CG: "Here are these two characters that will be OVER 600 speed when you fully max them out and mod them!"

But then, they've been doing this consistently since before they said that. This is just the most ridiculously vast leap of speed craze they've done, not that they're really paying attention to what we already deal with.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    CG: "We're going to make stats other than Speed matter!"

Also CG: "Here are these two characters that will be OVER 600 speed when you fully max them out and mod them!"

But then, they've been doing this consistently since before they said that. This is just the most ridiculously vast leap of speed craze they've done, not that they're really paying attention to what we already deal with.

This makes stats other than speed on mods more important. The more they inflate a characters base stats the less important flat mod values become and the more important percentage values become.
  • Rey base speed is 398 according to swgoh.gg

393 for SLK.... easily over 500 for both of these.
  • It's ridiculous. There's not going to be a counter, aside from the other GL.
    They're both immune to stun so good luck controlling, I guess there's fear until some Krakens get upset about being controlled by fear and they do a kit update of course, so just brace yourself for that but basically they're not something you can control.
    They take 90+% reduced damage from % health effects so teams that use expose, Chewbacca/CLS, Padme teams, Malak, Rexecute, etc will do basically nothing..
    They take reduced damage from massive damage so even Rey trying to use her special to damage Kylo won't do much
    They have a damage cap of 99999 damage from skills like Annihilate
    They are so fast that you can't hope of controlling them with TM manipulation

So yeah, any ideas on how to counter? Let's ignore the fact that they can go immune to damage with their ultimate..
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »

This makes stats other than speed on mods more important. The more they inflate a characters base stats the less important flat mod values become and the more important percentage values become.

What does it matter if you have 250000 health and protection (which both of them by far exceed maxed out), when they will be attacking 2, 3, or even 4 times before you even get one move of your bulked up characters with "other" stats on them?
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    flux_rono wrote: »
    jawa7778 wrote: »

Don’t forget the +30 speed from her lead. A modest set will be well over 600 speed. An elite set could push near 650.

Personally I’d rather go all out for health and get that stat up near 300-400k.

thats already factored in: ... using a speed set, with the highest mods speed on SWGOH (398 base, +30 lead, +39.8 speed set, +155 mod speed)

so unless someone has even more ridiculous speed sets somewhere. i dont see it going much higher
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    Malevolan wrote: »
    It's ridiculous. There's not going to be a counter, aside from the other GL.
    They're both immune to stun so good luck controlling, I guess there's fear until some Krakens get upset about being controlled by fear and they do a kit update of course, so just brace yourself for that but basically they're not something you can control.
    They take 90+% reduced damage from % health effects so teams that use expose, Chewbacca/CLS, Padme teams, Malak, Rexecute, etc will do basically nothing..
    They take reduced damage from massive damage so even Rey trying to use her special to damage Kylo won't do much
    They have a damage cap of 99999 damage from skills like Annihilate
    They are so fast that you can't hope of controlling them with TM manipulation

So yeah, any ideas on how to counter? Let's ignore the fact that they can go immune to damage with their ultimate..

droideka might be helpful for that speed difference damage boost
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

What does it matter if you have 250000 health and protection (which both of them by far exceed maxed out), when they will be attacking 2, 3, or even 4 times before you even get one move of your bulked up characters with "other" stats on them?

Are you playing with an army of droidekas? While certainly op across the board, it's not even 2 times with mods of equal speed. Talk about hyperbole.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Everyone is forgetting that Rey and kylo won’t be alone. You got 4 more teammates to deal with as well lol
  • MaruMaru wrote: »

Are you playing with an army of droidekas? While certainly op across the board, it's not even 2 times with mods of equal speed. Talk about hyperbole.

You say that as if you're ONLY facing that one GL character, not the rest of their team that can give TM boosts, speed ups, stun, reduce TM, and so on and so on.

It's not hyperbole to say that it will be possible to do more than 2 turns. My JTR team can take 3 turns before a Jango BH team with more stat speed because of TM boosts, BB8's extra speed, stuns, tm removal, dazes, and so on. And that's just with my JTR at 240ish speed. Wanna guess how many turns my EP Tarkin Thrawn DT team can take vs certain teams because of all the TM Boosting from debuffs expiring? (hint, it's a lot.)
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »

You say that as if you're ONLY facing that one GL character, not the rest of their team that can give TM boosts, speed ups, stun, reduce TM, and so on and so on.

It's not hyperbole to say that it will be possible to do more than 2 turns. My JTR team can take 3 turns before a Jango BH team with more stat speed because of TM boosts, BB8's extra speed, stuns, tm removal, dazes, and so on. And that's just with my JTR at 240ish speed. Wanna guess how many turns my EP Tarkin Thrawn DT team can take vs certain teams because of all the TM Boosting from debuffs expiring? (hint, it's a lot.)

It's rather obvious GLs won't be beaten by anything but another GL at this point. But it's also obvious there's no situation you'll be facing a GL by anything less than your meta team of the current era with your best mods slapped onto them. It'd be such a relief if your opponents used GLs to beat a jango bh team.