Galactic Legends Criticism [MERGE]

Prev13456719
SemiGod
3001 posts Member
edited March 2020
Some issues I’ve seen so far,

1. Rock Paper Scissors in T3 is complete luck with the same base strategy. Completely boring and unfair for day one spenders.

2. Reys face looks god awful and yet I’ve seen many posts of the artwork being praised. Like what is that?

3. It didn’t take 4 months to make this event. It’s completely lacklustre in quality & content.

4. You literally placed a paywall right after a paywall with the ticket system.

5. We’ve practically got no content in the past 4+ months.

6. Galactic Legend Rey is way stronger than galactic legend Kylo.

7. Galactic Legend tickets are completely out of pocket. Considering the amount needed paired with the drop rates.

8. Tiers 4-6 are literally the exact same battle.

9. Tier 6 gives 1 / 10 of the ability materials required to get the ultimate ability. This is just far too much investment at this point (700 tickets on a 100% success rate) although nobody will be able to achieve a success rate near that.

10. We had to g13 and relic up many characters just to use the same 5/6 in the whole event.

And lastly but most importantly,

11. These events had practically no iconic moments or cutscenes from the actual movie.

Tier 3 had a decent background of the two regions changing back and fourth.

Although that wasn’t nearly as iconic as scenes such as, Kylo vs Rey on the Death Star ruins, the infamous Han & Ben scene and the Rey vs Palpatine scene.

Even other scenes such as, Rey vs Darth Rey or Kylo vs Knights of Ren would’ve been amazing.

But no, it wasn’t implemented at all.

The Galactic Legends idea failed.
Post edited by SemiGod on

Replies

• SemiGod wrote: »
    Some issues I’ve seen so far,

1. Rock Paper Scissors in T3 is complete luck with the same base strategy. Completely boring and unfair for day one spenders.

2. Reys face looks god awful and yet I’ve seen many posts of the artwork being praised. Like what is that?

3. Rey T1 is impossible.

I beat T1 Rey 3rd try....that's right it cost me 45 tickets to beat it....
  • Same. I used JTR, Old zFinn, BB8, RT and 3PO
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    My main criticism would be the stats of the characters. We all expected them to be better than current meta characters. I did not expect the devs to completely relieve themselves all over every character in the game up to this point. It’s like they let a 10 year old design the characters. They really don’t want any competition in the game at all. I can’t imagine hating their decisions about these characters and how to release them any more than I do now even if they were purposefully designed to make me sick.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Here my list.

Requiring poop toons to be geared up to extremely high levels just for them to ride the bench is insulting.

The gear for the GL’s is absurd.

Rock Paper Scissors is meh. Although the battle switching places was cool

The extreme hype for 4 months for an event that 1-3% of the player base gets to play while the rest of us get NOTHING new to play for months.

Almost 400 base speed at g13.

No reworks or touch ups for poo toons like Rose or Phasma

This poo took priority over fixing known bugs like the disappearing buttons bug which happened to me tonight in arena. Undying loyalty anyone?

Bottom line: we are starved for new fun playable content. Open the floodgates on this ocean of content you promised with a quickness as these GL’s missed the mark.
  • 4 months huh
  • Shaddes wrote: »
    4 months huh

That’s when they started teasing this “amazing cinematic” content

Oh yea I’m well aware; been foregoing relicing toons that would actually help my guild for rose Tico and friends. Watching all the videos of the battles, how to get tickets, rock paper scissor, gear req after unlocking, etc, really takes the wind out of ones sails.

Like I actually believed them when they talked about content; and this took four months?
  • Denizen_Kain
    92 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    ticket system is garbage. Such a horrible idea. Great way to ruin the fun this event could have brought.

Seriously. Requiring folks to farm tickets just to attempt the tiers is not fun. Doubling the ticket cost for each tier is not fun. No one enjoys that. Plus folks are reporting that if you die your tickets are consumed. So 500-600 energy just for one attempt at tier 1 and all that energy is wasted if you lose. How is that fun? The requirements to unlock the event were ridiculous and expensive enough and now we have to deal with this ticket farming garbage on top of that? At least make it so your tickets aren’t consumed unless you win your attempt and increase the drop rate for the tickets. Or better yet remove the ticket requirement for all tiers below unlocking the master ability.

Also why have folks spend money and time gearing and advancing relic levels on useless toons that can’t be used effectively to beat the event tiers?

Garbage. Shows you really could care less about your player base, krakens like myself included.
  • The ticket system sucks but it is what it is I can deal with that; I’m genuinely worried though that this poorly made event of “great story telling and animations” took 4 months. I mean ffs look at the rey model it’s atrocious.

I’ll just keep holding out hope that they have been spending a ton of time on fixing spaghetti code.
  • Dagonsith
    206 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    The biggest problem I personally have is the token system. Not that it exists but how we earn it. And that pure luck with drop rates. I can understand anl lot of the decisions that CG made (even if I'm not necessarily a fan of those) in trying to make it a longer term event but those tokens seem like a very bad idea. Tie it to the daily 600. Make it so that every level of galactic War gave some or even one. Making it rng dependent was just sh*tty.
  • Worst event ever: boring, useless requirements, useless ticket system.
    I'm ok for events that improve the cash income for the CG but at least make the events fun.
    I don't understand how the developers of this game have fun in their free time but moths of farming just to use 5/12 characters in boring stages that I have to repeat again and again and again and playing rock scissor paper (lot of apps in the store if you like it) it's not what I define "entertainment".
  • I don't mind the fact that you have to collect tokens to play the events. However, I won't need to worry about that for 8 months or so.

What completely has me annoyed is that you don't need to use the required toons. C3p0 seems to be a toon that those that can do the event are using. So add another toon to relic.
  • Only one positive thing about it is not even a kraken can unlock either one on Day One, unless s/he is lucky with the RNG of collecting the tickets, even Ahanld got stuck at the limit you can buy more energy refreshes in one day.

I know that they would throw in C3P0 in it even though he's not one of the requirements. He plays a huge part in ROTS. The characters you are forced to relic'd up end up not being used. Also you can use any characters from that faction, even though those characters aren't used in the actual scenes of the movie.

Four months of rolling out information, only to see this? It's plainly the WORST events already and it's only Day One!
  • R2d2 as well...
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    So, to sum it up, they are basically a guaranteed win unless the opponent has one too, we get to use a grand total of 5 out of 13 requirements and we unlock them via an awesome new game mode that is, uh, rock-paper-scissors? This game has jumped the shark so hard...
  • Swgohnado just as bad as the movie
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    thedrjojo wrote: »
    R2d2 as well...

Always thought he was already one of the requirements (was focused on the Supreme Leader KR)... so that's two extra characters to relic up (note you don't really need to, but it looks like it would make the events slighter easier.)

I'm so glad I stuck with the SLKR path...
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Also, you know the poodoo has hit the fan when not even the usual suspects are defending this mess.
  • I should have Rey by tonight provided I get 180 more tickets.
  • If the later tiers of this event are essentially more of the same as the first 3, then with the exception of the art team’s work on trying to push what’s a fairly outdated game engine for graphics etc, I will say that the imagination for these events from a gameplay standpoint is essentially stagnant. New character kits seem to be creative. This type of event on the other hand does not...

The devs should consider a sticky thread in the same vein of thought as the one that asks guild officers what tools they’d like, except in this case, the title would be more along the lines of what type of event structure or gameplay mechanics would players like to see.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    If the later tiers of this event are essentially more of the same as the first 3, then with the exception of the art team’s work on trying to push what’s a fairly outdated game engine for graphics etc, I will say that the imagination for these events from a gameplay standpoint is essentially stagnant. New character kits seem to be creative. This type of event on the other hand does not...

The devs should consider a sticky thread in the same vein of thought as the one that asks guild officers what tools they’d like, except in this case, the title would be more along the lines of what type of event structure or gameplay mechanics would players like to see.

That's assuming they care. Even the guild officer thread is just sitting there with no indication that it has any effect.