GL Requirements vs. Recommendations

Grudgeling
9 posts Member
edited March 2020
So I got all my characters leveled so that I could do the Galactic Legends Rey content. Despite the "requirements" if you look at the mission "recommendations" it suggests Relic 7 for everything.

I'm not quitting but I am quitting spending money. CG have suckered everyone into applying relics to useless characters like Rose Tico only to move the finish line when the event goes live.

Also everyone enjoy collecting your random amounts of tickets for energy spent.

I expect a certain amount of shadiness from mobile games but this really takes the cake.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Haven't logged into the update, yet: Are the relic 'requirements' just suggestions? They're only necessary for the quests, not for unlock?
  • CampCosmos wrote: »
    Haven't logged into the update, yet: Are the relic 'requirements' just suggestions? They're only necessary for the quests, not for unlock?

The event is stupidly hard.
  • Recommendations /= Requirements

They always recommend more gear than is needed to actually complete the event.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Well yeah! What did you think? This is EA! And they want you to work for it.
  • You have to get the requirements complete to unlock the event. Then you spend all your energy for a random amount of tickets. So you can attempt 3-4 times a day using crystals to refresh your energy. Don't forget you have to do light side missions to get Light side tickets. So if the gear you need for something else is on a DS node you are out of luck.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    Well yeah! What did you think? This is EA! And they want you to PAY for it.

Fixed that for you
  • I am 85/330 right now. No god mods. Didnt move a single mod. I lost tier 1 try and changed my line up, no problems since. My issue is I have to buy all energy I can each day and Friday is the earliest to unlock her. Nothing else I can do. At the mercy of energy. Oh well.... so its 4 full energies of 2161 to get it unlocked. Will get rey done then go to SLK. That doesnt count tier 4,5,6 ultimate ability which is another week or so each I guess.
  • What am I missing???? I can’t launch the event. Says I have 5/6 ..... but I Have completed quests 1&2 of 4 ??? alnbih5m4no1.jpeg
    01zqek7o3m01.jpeg
    jdk8brsvavik.jpeg
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    ^^^ you need all 13 to unlock event grasshopper, no getting a head start.
  • Aaaah ok
  • I’m pretty sure they said the event was gonna be easier than the required gear level.
  • Censorship begins, no foul language in my title but, we've edited my title from GL Requirements Misrepresentation to GL Requirements vs Recommendations. Classy CG.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    Well yeah! What did you think? This is EA! And they want you to PAY for it.

Fixed that for you

They want to work to pay for it. ;)
  • Chewy88 wrote: »
    I’m pretty sure they said the event was gonna be easier than the required gear level.

I remember that something along those lines or easier than GAS anyway. Seems they altered the deal.
  • The events were supposed to be easier than Malak or GAS event. Ahah.... ah.
  • Recommendations /= Requirements

CG specifically said this event wouldnt be challenging when talking about the ticket system. They keep going back on their word, like how they said these GL prerequisites wouldnt all require relics.
  • Peteskeet wrote: »
    Recommendations /= Requirements

CG specifically said this event wouldnt be challenging when talking about the ticket system. They keep going back on their word, like how they said these GL prerequisites wouldnt all require relics.

This event is challenging? Everyone I am talking to is having no trouble beating the tiers you can control. Definitely sounds much easier than GAS.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    The relic 7 recommended is most likely for the final tier for the ultimate ability materials. You don't need relic 7 for tiers 1 to 3
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    Foxer wrote: »
    ^^^ you need all 13 to unlock event grasshopper, no getting a head start.

If you need all 13, shouldn't it say x/13 instead of x/6? (Not that I expect you to provide CG's logic on that one...)
  • Dagonsith
    206 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    I had that message (5 of 6) and all of the requirements were filled. I assumed that it was in regards to the recommendations not being fully fleshed out yet. Because I was able to play.
  • I just finished tier 3, first time. Tier 4 says I have4/5 characters. Do I have to finish tier 3 2 or 3 times to get Reys shard count up, or do I need to work up 3p0 and veteran Hanson to get in?
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    3PO and Vet Han aren't requirements for GL Rey, so no.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    I just finished tier 3, first time. Tier 4 says I have4/5 characters. Do I have to finish tier 3 2 or 3 times to get Reys shard count up, or do I need to work up 3p0 and veteran Hanson to get in?

Yep, finish tier 3 to its max amount of times. Unlock rey and gear her to relic level. You use her in the next tier so that's why you have 4/5 characters cause you haven't unlocked her yet.