Mods 101

EmpressOrgana
218 posts Member
edited March 2020
I'm about to go through and totally revamp my mods. Here's what I know:

-Ignore any arrow that doesn't have a speed primary.
-Ignore any mod that doesn't have a speed secondary.
-Use the bot on Discord to tell you what sets and which primaries to choose.

Is there anything else I need to know? Is there a certain number of dots/certain colour that I shouldn't go below?

Thanks for any advice. Mods are so diificult but I like the depth they provide.

Replies

• EmpressOrgana
    218 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Also, are flat boosts or percentage boosts better for primaries?
    Post edited by EmpressOrgana on
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited March 2020

-Use the bot on Discord to tell you what sets and which primaries to choose.

Is there anything else I need to know? Is there a certain number of dots/certain colour that I shouldn't go below?

Thanks for any advice. Mods are so diificult but I like the depth they provide.

No, you need to mod very thoughtfully. "Bad mods" are confused mods. Mods that think they can do everything unrelated. I would argue the only mod that should be thrown away immediately is a Speed type mod missing a speed secondary. There are places for no-speed-containing mods. Droideka and Enfys Nest to begin.

Pre-G11 characters flat-boosts are better. G12 < % based better

3 of 5 of my Jawas' arrows are defense-type with crit avoidance primaries. Those Jawas have killed lots of teams. The team is still 81k GP with no G11. All of the losses below I ended up winning the round (I think). Speed arrows would get a lot more losses for the Jawas.
    lw6s0bz1pzwp.png
    zc5cp056rrbh.png
    gjkkxp6o9rvw.png
    qs9l4183d15h.png
    488iwc7dnm0s.png
    278nw4e9188b.png
    The current GAC I just took these Geos with them, 3 survivors. I think I am winning the round. He might still be thinking through how he is gonna out-banner me.
    k8mkl05eidw6.png

There are other places for Offense% Primary arrows, and health% primary arrows. Some people put Offense% primary on GMY and JKA and Health% on GG.

It all has to make sense though.
    Post edited by Mephisto_style on
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member

While these are the most widely useful mods, there are characters that don't need speed or don't need a ton of it. Grievous, Sith Trooper (both the red and Sith-Empire versions), L3-37, General Anakin, and Droideka are just a few off the top of my head that can do fine without crazy amounts of speed - and in Droideka's case, it's often actually detrimental to put lots of speed on it.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• @Mephisto_style
    I like what you said about "bad mods = confused mods"

You suggested matching primaries and secondaries. Does this also mean aligning stats like offense and crit boost and avoiding a mod that gives, for example, defense and crit damage?
  • @Mephisto_style
    I like what you said about "bad mods = confused mods"

You suggested matching primaries and secondaries. Does this also mean aligning stats like offense and crit boost and avoiding a mod that gives, for example, defense and crit damage?

Yes, unless you can think of a tank that needs crit.