GAC matchmaking is wack

OK, I know the matchmaking in GAC is a little wack, has weird and unknown ruled. But it's really going out of bounds. I am a F2P 2.69M player in Division 4 (1.49M characters, 1.2M ships), and got to play as the very first match (easiest right, as I haven't promoted to next league) against a player of 3.02M power (1.71M characters, 1.3M ships).
Maybe he is really spread out right? Not really. At the top I have 1 relic7 and 7 relic4 guys. He has 6 reclic7, 1 relic4, 1 relic3, 1 relic2.
Meta characters? He has both Revans, Malak, Grievous G11, Padme G11, Geos G12 all, sith trio, no GAS, and a not so high Negotiator fleet. I don't have any Revan unlocked, no GAS, Grievous R7 (main team), Padme G12, no geos, no sith trio, good rebels (Han + Chewy R4) and a good rebel fleet.

Could he be a spender so the game gives him good matches to keep him happy. Or to punish me for not spending? Is this the direction of the game? Matches predetermined?

Replies

• It just so happens that you are at the bottom of your bracket and your opponent is at the top of it. Raw gear or GP isn't the deciding factor of these matches. Have fun with the challenge. You aren't always going to be placed with and easy win.
  • As a knowledgeable f2p player in this game it is hard. But the game doesn’t change odds or probabilities for pay 2 play so it just happened u ended up with a player like this.
  • Could he be a spender so the game gives him good matches to keep him happy. Or to punish me for not spending? Is this the direction of the game? Matches predetermined?

As a spender, my matches are ridiculous too. My meta-ish teams with 3 or more relic characters are Padme, JKR, GG and CLS. My current opponent has all of those plus DRM, as well as vastly more g12 characters and more zetas.

If anything, you only shoot yourself in the foot by spending larger amounts of money on this game because your zetas and your mod collection don't keep up with your rapidly growing GP. At this point, my F2P opponents have 2 years of experience on me. 2 more years of mod and zeta farming make one hell of a difference.
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Could he be a spender so the game gives him good matches to keep him happy. Or to punish me for not spending? Is this the direction of the game? Matches predetermined?

As a spender, my matches are ridiculous too. My meta-ish teams with 3 or more relic characters are Padme, JKR, GG and CLS. My current opponent has all of those plus DRM, as well as vastly more g12 characters and more zetas.

If anything, you only shoot yourself in the foot by spending larger amounts of money on this game because your zetas and your mod collection don't keep up with your rapidly growing GP. At this point, my F2P opponents have 2 years of experience on me. 2 more years of mod and zeta farming make one hell of a difference.

Thats true! They should change the matchmaking and make it based upon GAC points in general.
    Why matching people twice around GP? You do the GP seperation for the divisions. Now do the matchmaking based upon points.
  • Akenno wrote: »
    Thats true! They should change the matchmaking and make it based upon GAC points in general.
    Why matching people twice around GP? You do the GP seperation for the divisions. Now do the matchmaking based upon points.

So in the first round it's a free for all?
  • Sounds like a reasonable match up, with many paths to victory for either side.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    No idea what you mean by -weird and unknown rules-. You get matched by top X (depending on the slots you have at your division). So if you got matched your and your opponents top X match almost perfectly. If not please showcase it doesn't to us.

I have thought about that to be appropriate. It would make sense for the higher ranks to fight each other, not those 400k below.

I am a spender, although I get the matchup with many opponents 400k+ but their rosters and placements are not very good. The harder opponents for me have usually been closer to my gp
  • They stink at the match ups. I have 5.3 million. Going agains a member or MAW with 6.34 million and 16 more g13s how that frick does that happen. Ea your more than welcome to delete this post again but honestly. You guys stink at matchmaking. No curses so now you can’t delete my post. Figure it out you guys make tens of millions of dollars a month and you just fired a ton of people. Hopefully who ever you hired has a clue. No mater what bracket your in the match ups are horrid.

Makes no difference with them separating divisions, I'm in division 11 an I'm against a division 10.
  • thecarterologist958
    1111 posts Member
    edited April 2020

Makes no difference with them separating divisions, I'm in division 11 an I'm against a division 10.

Is there a screenshot?
    Could have changed mid-GAC,
    Then they won't have moved.
  • I took a screenshot of us both, and it's the first round of GAC.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    I took a screenshot of us both, and it's the first round of GAC.

You should show us then. Cross division matchups are not possible.
  • I took a screenshot of us both, and it's the first round of GAC.

Could you... show us it?
    It's third round of GAC,
    First round of GA.
  • BengelEngel
    26 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    The GAC is pretty much kitten. I have no problem against a difficult try, but if i matched again a player who is allready at kyber(place 4), and i am at 15k whateveverplayer in aurodium, u cant be serius abaout fair matchmaking.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    The GAC is pretty much kitten. I have no problem against a difficult try, but if i matched again a player who is allready at kyber(place 4), and i am at 15k whateveverplayer in aurodium, u cant be serius abaout fair matchmaking.

They weren't in kyber at the beginning of the week. That's when you got matched.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • And i wasnt Aurodium as it starts, so what?
  • No offense, but if u call it "challenge", even a end 3rd aurodium isnt a "challenge" for a player who is close to kyber.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Matchmaking works within the same league. You were in the same league at the moment the week began. Or if you are claiming otherwise, we would need some proof of that.

*Despite it working within the league, I agree that leagues are way too broad.
  • Proof is allways a problem. In my case, place Squads ... enter Aurodium... end of story ... i dont care about more ... no screenshots needed. (Aurodium, case closed for me) The other Point is, if u promise someone a challenge, i can see mine, cant see the one for my opponent. (im just no match, more like someone, who know someone, who sparring against someone, who know someone out of the top 100 boxing ... and im the unlucky guy who met him in the back of a club, and everyone call the meeting of drunks "clash of titans")
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    You were in aerodium when the weeks draw was made I bet. MM works within the same league, without exception. This is the last week. You and all your opponents were successful enough to make it to aerodium.
  • U miss the point. I can only say about my plan, if i place squads and im in Aurodium, all cared. The point is, what is a challenge? Is it face the one close to you, or is it "face someone who just subscribe"(?) and call it challenge? In second point you right, in first u just not. (its just against the point "challenge")
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    You were in the same league when matchmaking occurred.

You are matched by your top {x} character / ship GP. How you allocated that GP is completely under your control. None of this is new.
  • Ally
    47 posts Member
    Yup it sucks.....I'm on the left, my opponent the right, not sure how im supposed to win this one.

8b2pr1tedsxv.png

• Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Ally wrote: »
    Yup it sucks.....I'm on the left, my opponent the right, not sure how im supposed to win this one.
    Same way you win any other match: by studying his roster and GAC stats (and perhaps GAC history) and using your brain.

Those stats are worthless.