Galactic Legends Criticism [MERGE]

Replies

• Their world is on fire right now and nobody is saying anything
  • Kyno wrote:
    They had a focus on the GL release and are still working on future plans for an update on the previous statement. Unfortunately they did not meet this deadline of 6 days.
    Yeah, it's hard to sit bored at home and nothing to do

It's sad you have nothing else to do with your time besides complain on the forums and say how bored you are
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    I’m positive that this is my least favorite moment in the history of the game.
    Why? It’s just a ticketing gate that is 2 weeks long opposed to 3+ month GET gate where you end up using all your currency

No. It’s also the largest collection of worthless trash characters needed to unlock ever. It’s the highest bar ever set for putting expensive gear and relics on the aforementioned unreworked garbage. Then you get the privilege of doing a sad, sorry excuse for a boring RNG fest that was lazily thrown together. Months and months of them guzzling in relic money from the whales and they give us nothing new to do besides this, and moving some damage sliders on assault battles. I would be ashamed to give my customers this kind of blatant disrespect.

Oh, and it’s true you can just skip the GL characters if you want to... but then you’ll be competing in arena with characters sporting 2-3x times your base stats. Because they let a 10 year old on stimulants design these absurd kits.

It’s also true that if I don’t like it I can just quit. I’m strongly considering it. Thanks.
    Don’t you think the trade-off is fair?

No.

Why would that be fair?
    They're just more OP toons, we've always had those. This time they require more than they ever have and they deliberately require you to gear bad toons that aren't used in the event.
    That is comparitively the worst trade-off the game has had to date, so no it is not fair.

Also,
    Why? It’s just a ticketing gate that is 2 weeks long opposed to 3+ month GET gate where you end up using all your currency

"It's just a ticketing gate..."
    To reduce someone's complaints about anything in game to this point of absurdity is disingenuous.
    Even at it's best this is still a lazy event.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Welcome to EA
  • They made such a fuss of this event. I was expecting some massive content with 50 tiers or something... some large progression to unlock the toon. What we have been given is trash. It gives trash a bad name.
  • Why did they make us relic rose tico ?
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member

No. It’s also the largest collection of worthless trash characters needed to unlock ever. It’s the highest bar ever set for putting expensive gear and relics on the aforementioned unreworked garbage. Then you get the privilege of doing a sad, sorry excuse for a boring RNG fest that was lazily thrown together. Months and months of them guzzling in relic money from the whales and they give us nothing new to do besides this, and moving some damage sliders on assault battles. I would be ashamed to give my customers this kind of blatant disrespect.

Oh, and it’s true you can just skip the GL characters if you want to... but then you’ll be competing in arena with characters sporting 2-3x times your base stats. Because they let a 10 year old on stimulants design these absurd kits.

It’s also true that if I don’t like it I can just quit. I’m strongly considering it. Thanks.
    Don’t you think the trade-off is fair? If I’m going to work on worthless toons to this extent, I better be getting my money’s worth. Just looking at the kits tell me that they are worth the investment.

I don’t think it’s that bad after looking at the kit and stats, I’m ready to farm 5 useless toons for a game breaking toon. The fact that it’s difficult for players to invest on the bigger picture makes this toon much more valuable imo

I don’t think most of the required toons are that worthless. Some definitely are but eh

No, I don’t think the trade off is fair. That’s too many pieces of trash. They could do some mild reworks on a few like Rose, Res Pilot, or Phasma. But instead the trade off is you are destroyed in GAC. Fielding crap with relics.

And it also isn’t a fair trade that they gobble up the relic money from the Krakens, and give them a lazy, boring, ****-poor, **** event. And nothing for almost everyone else to do. Because they cannot even be bothered to screw us over if we don’t spend 6 figures. They only abuse, and disappoint the big money players.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Why did they make us relic rose tico ?

They didn't.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Isn't one of the prequisites a r5 Rose Tico (for GL Rey)?
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    TVF wrote: »

They didn't.

No?
    Then explain please why people complain about her to be a requirement to unlock the event

You don't have to unlock anything.

And you don't need Rose to unlock half of the GLs.
  • TVF wrote: »

They didn't.

No?
    Then explain please why people complain about her to be a requirement to unlock the event

Awful argument and you know it.

They didn't.

No?

What a pathetic line of argument. Truly risible.
  • Beyol
    328 posts Member

They didn't.

No?

You kidding, right?
    The event is locked and isn't playable if you don't have relic'ed the required toons
    You even aren't able to farm for tickets

He's right. You don't have to do Rose to get half of the GL's, you can still get Kylo without her.

They didn't.

No?

You kidding, right?
    The event is locked and isn't playable if you don't have relic'ed the required toons

He's saying that nobody is making you relic rose. You can choose to go after the GLs or not, therefore not forcing you to relic rose. He's just being a pedantist because unlike the criticism he has for others, he spends way too much of his time arguing just to argue on the forums.
  • The force of gear crunch is strong in this one. More lies on relieving it.
  • IS THIS IT?!?!?!?! IS THIS ALL YOU CAN CONJURE, CG?!?!?!?!?!

Let's be real, you guys. The new Galactic Legends event is trash. That's it. Short and sweet. But in the immortal words of Harvey Dent, "but Your Honor, I'm not done." Let's go back aways, shall we?

The past few months have been one of the all time lows of this game, I think everyone can agree with me. Little to no new content has been coming out this year... that is, unless you count some characters. And packs. Oooo, those packs. You sure love those packs, don't you CG? Well let me remind you: packs aren't content! But I digress; packs are for a whole other discussion. Anyway, the occasional message would appear, trying to get us hyped for the new GL event, and throw in some new requirements for the event, at which nobody got hyped for. More requirements do not a fun event make.

Then came the event we were promised. Here it was. Teased at for months, supposed to be the deus ex machina of the year, heck, the game at large! This was to be the epitome of all events. Today was the day of reckoning. The day of all days. The event to end all events. And what do we get? A FREAKIN' GAME OF FREAKIN' ROCK-PAPER-FREAKIN' SCISSORS? Goodness, CG! Whoever came up with that should be... y'know what? I won't even go there.

But seriously, who came up with that idea, thought it would be fun, got it APPROVED, and still kept their job? It's absolutely nuts, guys. The idea of basically gambling on getting past or achieving something IN AN EVENT is just ridiculous! And gear, shards, etc. doesn't count.

Now let's look at previous events for big characters: Darth Revan, Jedi Knight Revan, Commander Luke. Those events were great! Why? Because the event was won on strategy, not some RNG bot. And I think we can all agree, that once you complete the event, tiers, whatever the case may be, you get a sense of fulfillment, right?

Well, that sense of accomplishment is virtually non-existent here. The new Duel mechanic introduced in this event completely kicks strategy off the airplane. It's clicking a button and praying to the gods of chance you made the right decision. There's no sense of fulfillment in winning that. There's only a sigh of relief and a lot of questions of which life choices brought us to this moment in time.

Also, we were required to relic how many characters, like 15 per event? People paid thousands upon thousands to gear these toons up, gearing up deplorable characters in the process like Rose Tico. So what is the point of relics on Rose Rico? It's not for a specific level like General Skywalker, not for a ship for some fleet combat, but to pass an artificial hurdle to earn tickets. Put Rose back on the shelf now to collect dust.

So in summary, this event was simply not great. You did promise us a great event, CG, but you didn't deliver. Lazy design coupled with a bad game mechanic sealed the deal in making this a poor event. If this is the model in which you design future GL events, just don't. Please don't make that event.

Sincerely,
    TevlodiObight1
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member

They didn't.

No?

You kidding, right?

Farm for Kylo. Or just don't.
  • Let's never criticize the game again because we dont have to play it.

Fantastic point to make.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Let's never criticize the game again because we dont have to play it.

Fantastic point to make.

Not the point I made.
  • SemiGod wrote: »
    2. Reys face looks god awful and yet I’ve seen many posts of the artwork being praised. Like what is that?
    It's like CG has given a computer to a 8 years old boy to "improve" JTRs artwork
    I've seen Ahnalds video right now where he compared the artwork with other mobile games
    What a big slap in our face
    And CG is so **** proud of their polygons
    Are we a joke to you, CG?

okldqpxe3wx9.jpg

They are very proud of their artwork even if we can not tell if it's a man or a woman based on the pixelation resolution...

they are doing a very good job because they made something at all even a successful reskin is an accomplishment.

Even if the graphics on a 1980s arcade game are superior, they are doing their best and should continue to focus all efforts on artwork.

Fantastic point to make.

Not the point I made.

It is the logical conclusion of your point.

"You dont have to unlock anything"

Top post right there, truely eye-opening stuff.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member

They didn't.

No?

You kidding, right?

That's some awful Nike and Yoda advertising

I'm not an advertiser. I'm a realist.

Fantastic point to make.

Not the point I made.

No, the point you made was that you don't technically have to farm/gear/relic Rose. Which is a valid point. However, the implication that you create by arguing against these posts that bash the event is that you're for the event.

We both know that's likely not the case, as you're probably neutral on the matter. Instead, you feed off arguing against very minor (and winnable) points on the forums. I strongly suggest that you find a book to read every time you feel the urge to reply to someone's post. [Referencing one of your other posts].

They didn't.

No?

You kidding, right?

That's some awful Nike and Yoda advertising

I'm not an advertiser. I'm a realist.

Then be realist and say that CG lied with the Kyros and the gear crunch, with the requirements for the event and a lot other things...
    But hey, at least Rey doesn't need MK V Furnaces, those were scarce back in 2016!!

I've called out the Kyro lie many times before.

And this is CG/EA we are talking about, everything is related and this event is the awful result of Kyros, Geo LS and other scrap that got past the radar and wasn't even tested (Kylo minus Ultimate ability barely beats Padme). I gave up with this game long ago and gave my account as a gift to my guild, but I stay in touch and keep entering the forums just to see if it's worthwhile coming back, and it's clearly not the case

You’re not missing out on much.