Rey and Ren - Is there a point to playing this game anymore?

1235Next

Replies

• jonnysiniwal
    675 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    I am not actually worried about either of these characters. The amount of gp required just to unlock them combined with the GP from 6 zetas and the characters themselves and I will ever see one in GAC. Arena will be a different story, but it has been a lost cause for a while now...

Also, by the time most people get them they will be obsolete.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    YetiYeti wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    This is the same question people asked when:

Jedi Knight Revan was released
    Darth Revan was released
    Darth Malak was released
    General Skywalker was released

Yet here we are

CG has done a good job of forming the meta, I'm sure it'll be fine. GAS was overwhelmingly powerful during kit reveal, and he's still a strong toon, but he has several counters (DR, Padme, Rebels etc) and not as bad as we initially thought

Players will find a way to survive

The thing is: Requirements are out of this world. It will take seriously about 2 years to get. Of course over those 2 years meta will change at least twice. So is there a point in playing? I have all the meta teams except gas, I will have all things needed soon. But this will take about half a year and I already had many of these characters. I have only 7 characters with relic in total. This gl alone requires 12 characters on relics. And I don't have many of them geared or even unlocked.

This is the central point that people are missing: CG have made the top of the arena completely Kraken only territory with the GL moves. Unless the 'current' meta (General Skywalker) can beat these teams on offense, then the game has locked off the top of the arena for the Krakens only.

This is a major problem. It's going to hit their bottom line. I understand that CG will only try to adjust things when they realize that a majority of the players aren't going to suddenly drop a few thousand dollars to secure Arena viability. Most will spend less and devote less time/energy to the game.

Were the previous metas including the current one any different?

I got traya pretty late, jkr the 2nd time, malak 2nd time, gas same. Curiously survived at the top with each of them as f2p. And due to arena incomes will get my gl even earlier than if this was something I was getting 2nd time around. Each meta shift will be especially hard for f2p pushing the top and hardly matters for peeps floating around 50-200. Nothing changed.

I think it did change quite a bit. Only in the sence that even if you are a spender, this is really far out of reach. Unless you are a Kraken. I spend plenty on this game. Still, I won't see these toons in my roster for a long time.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    YetiYeti wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

Darth Revan was released
    Darth Malak was released

Yet here we are

CG has done a good job of forming the meta, I'm sure it'll be fine. GAS was overwhelmingly powerful during kit reveal, and he's still a strong toon, but he has several counters (DR, Padme, Rebels etc) and not as bad as we initially thought

The thing is: Requirements are out of this world. It will take seriously about 2 years to get. Of course over those 2 years meta will change at least twice. So is there a point in playing? I have all the meta teams except gas, I will have all things needed soon. But this will take about half a year and I already had many of these characters. I have only 7 characters with relic in total. This gl alone requires 12 characters on relics. And I don't have many of them geared or even unlocked.

This is the central point that people are missing: CG have made the top of the arena completely Kraken only territory with the GL moves. Unless the 'current' meta (General Skywalker) can beat these teams on offense, then the game has locked off the top of the arena for the Krakens only.

This is a major problem. It's going to hit their bottom line. I understand that CG will only try to adjust things when they realize that a majority of the players aren't going to suddenly drop a few thousand dollars to secure Arena viability. Most will spend less and devote less time/energy to the game.

Were the previous metas including the current one any different?

I got traya pretty late, jkr the 2nd time, malak 2nd time, gas same. Curiously survived at the top with each of them as f2p. And due to arena incomes will get my gl even earlier than if this was something I was getting 2nd time around. Each meta shift will be especially hard for f2p pushing the top and hardly matters for peeps floating around 50-200. Nothing changed.

I think it did change quite a bit. Only in the sence that even if you are a spender, this is really far out of reach. Unless you are a Kraken. I spend plenty on this game. Still, I won't see these toons in my roster for a long time.

As I illustrated, it didn't change all that much for me. I think my GL will come in 40-60 days...maybe a bit earlier but I don't bet on it or did extensive calculation. On the 2nd half of this period while I'm trying to wrap RH Finn/poe shards I will also be hoarding gear for the GL itself.

This is what's left:
    yr8yspmqs853.png
  • We all fell in love with this game because of the way it was designed in the past.

The way it is now will easily push people away.

I’d love to know the name of the genius that decided to add g13/relics and these new incredibly difficult events such as LightSideTb and GL events.

I know I’m not alone with hating this new design of the game...had the game been like this from the beginning I never would have started playing.

I’ve been playing online games for 20 years...I’ve never seen a game change so much and pump up the difficulty level like I’ve seen with galaxy of hero’s.

Some people may find it fun but I find it extremely tedious, stupid and boring.

If I wanted play something tedious and difficult I might as well go back to playing MMORPGs.

This all seems a bit much for a simple turn based phone game.
  • TVF wrote: »
    I will probably get 1 GL but what is the point to have both ?
    I believe with only 1 it will be enough to climb in arena

Did you know there's more in the game than arena?

A whole ocean of new content is waiting for you!

Yeah there is other content but let’s be honest here....arena is the backbone of chasing the meta.

Without arena crystals....we’re talking progressing your roster at a snails pace.

Remove arena from this game and see how many people walk away.

Arena is the only reason why some people even play this game.
  • TVF wrote: »

Yeah there is other content but let’s be honest here....arena is the backbone of chasing the meta.

Without arena crystals....we’re talking progressing your roster at a snails pace.

Well, in designers’ point of view pvp is best way to entertain ppl: you don’t have to do anything special or invent some interesting mechanics... so you need to attract ppl with something. In our case - crystals. Without arena game would die in weeks - there is really nothing to do and almost none PvE content.
    So, it is laziest game design.

Arena is the only reason why ppl play this game is wrong. It is extremely boring and tedious. Ppl want crystals to level toons faster. Arena is ****.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Azza wrote: »
    They were announced three months ago. If you started hoarding then, you can't be far away from getting your first one.

*ROFLMAO*

I've been farming nothing but the requirements for GL Rey since the first lot were announced and I've still only got 4 characters done.
    Given how much farming is needed, 3 months is definitely NOT enough to get to a point where you are not "far away from getting your first one". If I get Rey before the end of summer, I'll be surprised.
  • Vinniarth wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Well, in designers’ point of view pvp is best way to entertain ppl: you don’t have to do anything special or invent some interesting mechanics... so you need to attract ppl with something. In our case - crystals. Without arena game would die in weeks - there is really nothing to do and almost none PvE content.

Arena is the only reason why ppl play this game is wrong. It is extremely boring and tedious. Ppl want crystals to level toons faster. Arena is ****.

I didn’t say arena is the ONLY reason people play this game.

I said arena is the only reason “SOME” people play this game.

You’re also contradicting yourself.

You said without arena this game would die in a few weeks then you said arena Isn’t the only reason people play this game.

So which is it?

You said without arena this game would die in a few weeks then you said arena Isn’t the only reason people play this game.

So which is it?

There is no contradiction. I saw it as a collectible game, but somehow this games punishes you more for the vast collection than you get benefits. This is Star Wars game. If it was not Star Wars I bet no one would play it at all. It is the only plus of it.
    So crystals are for collection and leveling purposes.
    Both pvp and pve is extremely bad and not entertaining anymore. Game reaaaaally lacks game able content.
    So, I said, it is not arena that keeps ppl playing, but crystals it gives. I don’t see contradiction.
    Vinniarth wrote: »

So which is it?

There is no contradiction. I saw it as a collectible game, but somehow this games punishes you more for the vast collection than you get benefits. This is Star Wars game. If it was not Star Wars I bet no one would play it at all. It is the only plus of it.
    So crystals are for collection and leveling purposes.
    Both pvp and pve is extremely bad and not entertaining anymore. Game reaaaaally lacks game able content.
    So, I said, it is not arena that keeps ppl playing, but crystals it gives. I don’t see contradiction.

I agree with the majority of what you said. If you go back and read what I said you’ll see I said basically the same thing as you did. Remove arena and or crystals and many people will walk away. I agree with 100%. And that goes to show how important arena is. Arena=Crystals. Crystals=Arena. They are one in the same. You can’t get one without the other.

The part I meant you are contradicting yourself with is when you said “arena isn’t the only reason people play this game then you said remove arena and see how many people walk away.

So you’re saying arena isn’t important but then again it is because without it the game would die, that is the contradicting part I’m talking about. Either it is important or it’s not.

What I’m saying is that arena “IS” important.
    You may find it boring or tedious which is your subjective opinion but honestly it is the number 1 reason people chase the meta that’s factual. People don’t chase the meta to do more damage in raids or just to say “I have it” and let the toons sit there and collect dust.They chase the meta to remain competitive in the versus modes of this game.

Grand arena/ TW/and arena are all player vs player aspects of the game and without chasing the meta...you’ll find yourself not performing as well as others with a competitive roster.
  • Well, the GLs are out now, and the event was really bad in every way. :( I'm so annoyed that I spent money on the game during the last few months. I won't be making that mistake again with SWGOH and CG.
  • Anarkid wrote: »
    R7 GAS doesnt have a counter, theres even videoams where underleveled and 5* gass can wipe out relic squads with defense mods

I can take out R7 GAS teams with my R7 CLS team G12 C3PO!

That is just false that GAS has no counters.
  • Ultra wrote: »

Darth Revan was released
    Darth Malak was released

Yet here we are

None of those had double the speed and health of every other character simultaneously.

You are NOT going to outspeed these characters, with any other character that's not a GL, period. This isn't even in the same league as those other characters you listed. This is truly gamebreaking, especially Rey.
  • Asifab
    140 posts Member
    Azza wrote: »
    They were announced three months ago. If you started hoarding then, you can't be far away from getting your first one.

You are kidding right? 3 Months as a f2p account is no where near long enough. Don't get me wrong f2p shouldn't unlock these at the start. However many f2p are easily 1 year off from unlocking either of these two characters. In that year yet another GL will be released because lets be honest...CG can't go more than a few months with out needing to hit the wallets of the whales and krakens of the game. They've made it so the gap between f2p and p2p is increasing at an overwhelming rate.

I myself think I am done with the game. I love star wars in general but this game is just no longer fun. Working for a year to unlock a character that is no longer at the top or no longer is super difficult to defeat in TW is just disappointing.
  • Malevolan wrote: »
    This is truly gamebreaking, especially Rey.
    Only if they do nothing to balance it out. They already suggested nerfing old Finn so he's worse with C3PO in HSTR
  • Anarkid wrote: »
    R7 GAS doesnt have a counter, theres even videoams where underleveled and 5* gass can wipe out relic squads with defense mods

I can take out R7 GAS teams with my R7 CLS team G12 C3PO!

That is just false that GAS has no counters.

The more you post this the more likely they nerf your CLS team
  • Calling it right now. Going for GL before you hit div 1 is going to screw you big time. Wait and see how the match making plays out
  • Only Rey will cause problems for anyone in GAC or arena bwcause SLKylos kit is so poor it cant even beat GAS.
  • The more you post this the more likely they nerf your CLS team
    Chewie will not assist anymore

That will be listed as a bug they're working on
  • The more you post this the more likely they nerf your CLS team
    Chewie will not assist anymore

That will be listed as a bug they're working on

For four months
  • I reckon I’ll have the Pre-Reqs in 5 months maybe 6 if I get bad luck without spending (4.2m GP
    —> I’m making sure I can Tier 2 each AB (need a couple of improvements and I’m done)
    —> Then do it in steps - I’m farming and gearing Holdo and Hero Finn
    —> Then I’ll farm and gear Rose and Hero Poe
    Make sure all the others are R3+

I think mastering the ABs shouldn’t be underestimated as a source of extra gear
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    DonBongo92 wrote: »
    Only Rey will cause problems for anyone in GAC or arena bwcause SLKylos kit is so poor it cant even beat GAS.

Each time a new meta is released we either get "too op" or "absolute junk" posts right out of the gate. It never turns out like that after a while once people learn the toons and their possible counters.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    Only Rey will cause problems for anyone in GAC or arena bwcause SLKylos kit is so poor it cant even beat GAS.

Each time a new meta is released we either get "too op" or "absolute junk" posts right out of the gate. It never turns out like that after a while once people learn the toons and their possible counters.

Well there probally is a few unnoticed bugs with kylo that will be fixed making him OP pretty soon.

Rey is already OP so maybe there is an unnoticed bug with her kit that gets tuned down in 4 months.

Once they release a character the o ly thing. We can count on is a nerf or buff later down the road
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »

Well there probally is a few unnoticed bugs with kylo that will be fixed making him OP pretty soon.

Rey is already OP so maybe there is an unnoticed bug with her kit that gets tuned down in 4 months.

Once they release a character the o ly thing. We can count on is a nerf or buff later down the road

Yeah, this time around I don't expect the GLs to be counterable with anything that previously existed, even soft counters. This is ofc once the things have settled and they are used in a premium way.