What mechanic about Nute lead allows the teams to defend so well?

6d9avj6dem73.png
and just so you know, a Nebit JE JS team at g10/11 beats it in 1 battle.

I am curious though why it works so well.

Replies

• Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Extortion is a massive speed debuff to his opponent and a speed buff for him and all his allies.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    Extortion is a massive speed debuff to his opponent and a speed buff for him and all his allies.

This, plus many players don't actually know kits very well and/or think "oh it is just nute, I can go in with a cheap team"
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    I'd watch a show called "It's Just Nute"
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    I'd watch a show called "It's Just Nute"

His voice always annoyed me.
  • Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    Current fave is nute lead with dooku and either nest or malak.. good for a laugh and cheap couple of defends in 3v3
  • Dwinkelm
    765 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    I currently use Nute/Dooku/Nest to great effect. Either opponent ends up overkilling, or I get a few defenses.

The extortion mechanic allows for massive speed manipulation. Nute can stealth and revive, so you have to both target and kill him twice to get rid of him and his annoying leader ability, which is more difficult in a 3v3 setup.

Finally, as already stated, unfamiliarity and false-confidence play a major factor in his successful defensive role.

lervjarytrwi.png
  • Denizen_Kain
    92 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    To the OP, that Nute team in the pic you posted is hardly the ideal comp for him defensively. Much tougher to beat at higher gear and relic levels when paired with Dooku and Nest in 3v3. But like folks have already said, his leadership manipulates speed, but it also debuffs offense, and whenever the opposing team gets debuffed they lose 5% HP. Folks often go in and underestimate the team and lose.
  • I always get a couple of defends with Nute/Magna/Droideka
  • In GeoTB, I used Nute, B1, Magna, Droideka and B2.

Nute/B1/Magna worked great together. B1 kept feeding protection to Magna, Magna would taunt, and Nute would do his thing. Not sure if Defense AI would feed protection to Magna instead of Nute though.

I'm 3v3 GAC I got 9 and 6 defends by using Nute/Dooku/Poogle.
  • Moorebid wrote: »
    I always get a couple of defends with Nute/Magna/Droideka

I've been using Dooku L, Droideka, Magnaguard with pretty solid success. Might try your team and see how it goes. I recently put some more speed on Droideka and am loving it
  • Nute/Dooku/magna is my preferable. 2 of them stuns, which is very nasty with distortion...
  • I have been using Nute lead, Dooku, Old Daka Assajj, Zombie recently and i love it ! It's like a double trio of Separtists and Nightsisters. Got my Nest built up now and i wonder what to try next... NS + Nest, Sep+Nest ??
  • I get several defenses every gac with nute L, dooku, wat, st han, and wampa.
  • yankeeh8er wrote: »
    I get several defenses every gac with nute L, dooku, wat, st han, and wampa.

I'm a huge fan of Stormtrooper Han in this group. His survivability is pretty good thanks to the zeta and you can overcome his huge flaw of rarely having taunt thanks to Dooku's "stealth Seps" move. I use Asajj since I don't have Wampa and I do have Asajj r4 thanks to the GAS event, and it works perfectly fine. I'm finally about to unlock Wat this TB too so I can put Jango back with the Bounty Hunters, but no matter what it's a sneaky good team
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    daka def works as a necro
    Maybe End Game isn't for you

I'm a huge fan of Stormtrooper Han in this group. His survivability is pretty good thanks to the zeta and you can overcome his huge flaw of rarely having taunt thanks to Dooku's "stealth Seps" move. I use Asajj since I don't have Wampa and I do have Asajj r4 thanks to the GAS event, and it works perfectly fine. I'm finally about to unlock Wat this TB too so I can put Jango back with the Bounty Hunters, but no matter what it's a sneaky good team

Honestly any tank that helps protect Dooku and Nute, paired with another heavy attacker work great. Assaj works well, Old Ben is actually awesome in it.

I still keep telling people and they don't want to believe me, my g11 Plo Koon lead against Nute teams is useful. If I face a nute team, I just rearrange my Bastilla team Plo leading GMY Basty Jolee and Old Ben. Within 2 Jedi going Nute is unstealthed and GMY Insta-kills him. Oh, a taunter is present you say? Funny thing about Plo Koon's basic.

Honestly any tank that helps protect Dooku and Nute, paired with another heavy attacker work great. Assaj works well, Old Ben is actually awesome in it.

I still keep telling people and they don't want to believe me, my g11 Plo Koon lead against Nute teams is useful. If I face a nute team, I just rearrange my Bastilla team Plo leading GMY Basty Jolee and Old Ben. Within 2 Jedi going Nute is unstealthed and GMY Insta-kills him. Oh, a taunter is present you say? Funny thing about Plo Koon's basic.

Use zombie in the team and it's even more nasty with asaj
  • Treeburner wrote: »
    yankeeh8er wrote: »

But then you are totally breaking up your ns team. I was trying to find characters I dint really use with other teams like st han, wampa, dooku, and nute.
    Treeburner wrote: »

But then you are totally breaking up your ns team. I was trying to find characters I dint really use with other teams like st han, wampa, dooku, and nute.

Who said I had a nightsister team .....🤔
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

You're the one who suggested it...
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

You're the one who suggested it...

Yeah I have asaj and zombie geared but the rest of my ns are slacking never got into the team all that much .so I don't break a viable GAC team to make a sep one