A Suggestion

You know what's not fun? Paywalls. You know what is? Gearing up our favorite characters. Too bad there isn't a way for you kind folk to stop wasting your energy on new and creative way to bury us in paywalls, and keep us wanting. Oh wait; you could stop all work on mods, new gear, and relics and use that energy on toons and leave the gearing as is. Instead of boring us with walls, entrap us with want. Just seems like good marketing 101 to me. I dont want to collect zetas, I want Jedi Luke, st. Luke, grand Inquisitor, Snoke, Mandalorian, Bill Burr, or the hundred other toons you've left out of the universe. Instead of requiring us to gear up toons that we dont want, like Rose.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    unfortunately they have done things similar to that before and everyone also complained that there were too many characters to farm.

They also dont have ultimate control over the characters that come to the game and it can take a lot of approvals to get a toon in game.
  • Oguleya
    76 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    I feel you're off on the controls. Not entirely because it most likely true about new characters like the Mandalorian, but I dont feel Lucas would even bat an eye at Stormtrooper Luke. I also remember the complaining about Marquees and never understood it. Are relics better than gearing toons? Most people who've endure 4 years or more are collectors. This game plucks at the heartstrings of me kind of like Pokemon. It's a collection based game. I know I'm not alone here.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Oguleya wrote: »
    I feel you're off on the controls. Not entirely because it most likely true about new characters like the Mandalorian, but I dont feel Lucas would even bat an eye at Stormtrooper Luke. I also remember the complaining about Marquees and never understood it. Most people who've endure 4 years or more are collectors. This game plucks at the heartstrings of me kind of like Pokemon. It's a collection based game. I know I'm not alone here.

I'm not saying you are alone, I'm saying you are on one side and there are others on the other side. when they go right, the left speaks up, when they go left, the right speaks up. they are trying to talk the line, but it is most certainly not a simple 101, as to how to do things.

its hard to say what most have done, and if they were all collectors there would be no real challenge at the top end in TW, but there is. so its not that simple.

every and I mean every character that gets introduced goes through the same process and none of it is simple. if anything the more ancillary characters probably catch more flack, because they dont want to muddy the waters on things like the Mando and that string of "new and shiney".

Things will come, but its never a simple as we all think it is to make "everyone happy" with things like releases and "what to grind"
  • Oguleya
    76 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Actually there are toons developed that have been shelved. You heard the game changers talk about it in the earliest of days. Whole capital ships too. Hell, you could take the face of farm boy luke, put it on the body of st han, give him synergy with Leia and st. Han, and you've boosted another faction. They have to do something cause the current model is kind of in a spiral.
  • Also, I cant believe its 50/50 anymore. There's been such a character drought. And 50% are happy with relics? New tier of mods? Or this zeta 2.0 cubsfan han talks about?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I'm not saying it is or is not 50/50, I'm saying its not as simple as Do x and "everyone" will be happier. its never that simple and the whole background of the process makes it even more time consuming and difficult to do that.

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    no such thing as a paywall
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »

Haha
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

Haha

You may want to look up what pay wall actually means.
  • I gave 3 examples, new mod tier, gear tier, or relics, or countless things no one asked for ever. Someone basicly said swings. It been a long time since someone complained a out too much marquee.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I gave 3 examples, new mod tier, gear tier, or relics, or countless things no one asked for ever. Someone basicly said swings. It been a long time since someone complained a out too much marquee.

the only reason they haven't had complaints about it is because they keep the rate very low right now.

I'm not saying they couldn't adjust the balance, but as ZAP said (and I think many would agree) it would be nice to have a use for them, and more ability to gear up the ones we have and to use the ones we like would also be nice.
  • Yeah, I just wish we had more to do, and I feel the game is missing some retro characters. I've spent money from time to time in game. I'd like to see not only a use for stormtrooper han, but a reason for him bye adding a stormtrooper Luke, jedi luke, and the grand Inquisitor. Sorry I got so bombastic.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yeah, I just wish we had more to do, and I feel the game is missing some retro characters. I've spent money from time to time in game. I'd like to see not only a use for stormtrooper han, but a reason for him bye adding a stormtrooper Luke, jedi luke, and the grand Inquisitor. Sorry I got so bombastic.

I think we all want that, but a secondary issue is that you are saying no one wants more "stuff" (gear,zetas,ext...) but you want more characters to use. if they started dumping characters into the game you would need more "stuff" to make them usable.... its a vicious cycle.... they adjust things at a slower pace than the player would like.
  • Oguleya
    76 posts Member
    Moment of honesty, I dislike the new trilogy very much. That being said I could come up with 10 toons off the top of my head from said trilogy. So many missing but fun toons. They should do Jedi Leia, as well as Captive Leia. I may even gear JarJar if necessary. My hope is for a baby Yoda, Mandalorian, Bill Burr team soon. Wishlist includes Grand Inquisitor (more than all), Snoke, St Luke, and Jedi Luke. They do those I'll shut up.