Galactic Legends pointless requirements

Replies

• EA_Joz
    4056 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone! We've removed a few comments that were deemed inappropriate for the forums. Please remember to keep things clean and constructive. No need to insult each other. We'll have to close the thread if this continues. Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/127295/forum-guidelines

~EA_Joz
  • Anarkid
    149 posts Member
    Still could be useful in GA/TW .. Sith raid maybe
  • TVF wrote: »
    Why does it matter? Vet Han and Vet Chewie were useless after the JTR event. So what if you use them or not during the event. They were a means to an end. No different this time.

Good point, but I have to ask, is this the first time we’ve had to level up characters and they are not even used in the event? I mean, at least the Vets were needed for the event
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Why does it matter? Vet Han and Vet Chewie were useless after the JTR event. So what if you use them or not during the event. They were a means to an end. No different this time.

Good point, but I have to ask, is this the first time we’ve had to level up characters and they are not even used in the event? I mean, at least the Vets were needed for the event

Going by memory, I might be wrong; it's the first time for unused reqs.
  • I agree - requiring rose et all and not using them boils down to the same thing and needing them for an easy early tier and then never using them BUT CG invites the criticism by not bothering to put them in a battle. Instead of 3 tiers played multiple times for shards we could have had more tiers with those others gatekeeper characters mixed in. I don’t see that as being difficult for them on the design side. It feels like a conscious choice NOT to do it.
    I am also disappointed that ships didn’t get at least a nominal battle. I feel like they were part of an earlier plan but were removed around the time that the required units were lowered...I guess they felt like the ships were needed for the raddus so there was no need to require them again. It was another blow to ships though- the Rodney Dangerfield of swgoh.
  • The trend for requiring things that have no connection to the event is annoying. That the GL event accelerates this is disturbing. It's bad enough that an event we've been hyped up about has resulted in, total meh, but I've actually spent time getting Rose to 7*. I will never get that time back, never...

Think of the poor souls that got her to relic! Oh, the pain.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Zalkalwe wrote: »
    The trend for requiring things that have no connection to the event is annoying. That the GL event accelerates this is disturbing. It's bad enough that an event we've been hyped up about has resulted in, total meh, but I've actually spent time getting Rose to 7*. I will never get that time back, never...

What trend?
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    The trend for requiring things that have no connection to the event is annoying. That the GL event accelerates this is disturbing. It's bad enough that an event we've been hyped up about has resulted in, total meh, but I've actually spent time getting Rose to 7*. I will never get that time back, never...

Meanwhile RP is meta right?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • JediMindTricks
    1077 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    This event has taking hoarding/crystal spending/money spending to a whole new absurd level.

It’s one thing for the game needing money to keep it running.....it’s another thing to make an event with prerequisites so ridiculously dumb that it turns off half if not more than half of the community.

If they wanted to go this route I would think Vader and JediLuke should have been a GL release 1st. Not some “7 year old movie Mary Sue and her boyfriend”. This franchise all began with Luke and Vader....instead this event is dealing with 2 characters of a franchise that a lot of people rally don’t like.

I agree with others saying the prerequisites are too much. Gear on this game isn’t the easiest thing to obtain no more. Most of us would rather use it on toons we will play in the future.But nope....CG decided to go this way for one reason only...to make more money. Hell, they’ve made over a billion dollars already, if that isn’t enough then there’s no telling how far they gonna go with this.

Sadly the people that leave won’t even affect CGs profits because this event is designed to drain every ounce of milk from the cows teat.
  • G1975
    110 posts Member
    I'm currently on level 67 so It'll probably be a long time before I can get into this
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »

Except you could G8 them and be fine. Farming them to 7* was a norm and expected but the gear wasn’t anywhere close to a R5/R7. The amount of bottlenecked gear is exponentially higher. The issue is that they aren’t even required like the vets were for some sort of story tie in. That’s why people are right in saying it was purely a paywall stop gap and nothing more. Why couldn’t CG tie the characters into a story based event like the hero journeys? Instead it was just a lazy and poorly designed event that fell flat

Thats a lazy criticism. Han solo is kylo’s father. He appeared to his son in the rise of skywalker. Thats how he ties in, cause he helped him on his path. What would you have for an event tie in? A stage where he talks to a figment of his imagination?

Unpaid lazy criticism as opposed to paid lazy development. See the difference?

Haha, bazinga!

And wanna explain how Rose, Phasma (who is dead at this point and barely utilized in the movies regardless), Palpatine, Resistance Pilot, Resistance Trooper, OG Poe....etc all tie in some passive way?

It’s not lazy criticism. It’s fact. They were implemented as paywalls. Plain and simple. They could’ve made it fun somehow using ALL of the characters somehow, but chose not to. Even with 4 months once announced and plenty of time before that, nothing.

Look to both hero Journeys. See how the cinematic and art played out? That was fun. That was immersive. Especially Old Ben vs Vader in CLS’s event. Even the Vets in JTR’s event had some sort of use in the story. CG made a terrible event. With terrible requirements that served no purpose except a paywall

Sure. Watch episode nine and you’ll understand why palpatine. As for the rest of the characters tie in because all the first order and resistance characters. Every one.
    You can use any of the characters to play the event. Not their fault you choose not to.
    Its lazy by citing paywalls simply to complain that you cant put in the minimal amount of effort and gear.
    Similar to the duel between kylo and rey?

Really? Where can I use Palpatine seeing as he isn’t able to be used?
    Have you seen the footage using Rose? She’s a wet noodle and her only useful tactic, stuns, don’t land due to high tenacity. Phasma doesn’t have any use either as she can’t provide and damage and she won’t do better than KRU, SiTrooper, Hux, FOX, FOST. FOO wont work either. Just like on Rey’s side you can’t replace RH Poe or RH Finn, BB8 or 3PO and R2. Sooooo remind me again how they simply weren’t paywalls?
    Again, they aren’t required for any event aside from just unlocking it. Their kits haven’t been fixed or touched up to make them more viable. Requiring over 2 dozen relic characters just to play, a good chunk of them useless, and not even tying them into the event is lazy and only a pay wall. Some of those characters like Hux, Sith Trooper, RH Poe and Finn are fine. They’re still solid toons. But others like rose, pilot, phasma, FOO....yeah useless.

If you want to start cherry picking evidence sure. Cant use palpatine fine.
    I can do that too. Both veterans were reworked.
    Maybe you should try reading. Never claimed there was or wasnt a paywall. Just stating that you are complaining cause you want to unlock the legends with as little effort as possible.
    It however is hardly a good criticism to say that phasma and the others you mention aren't better than other characters also needed

kff62jj09agj.png
    j18zu1n0j1jw.png
    078rx6g7uvjz.png
    6k0xoxn7cg7s.png

I posted just Kylo’s reqs. For the event, any tier throughout the premium characters to use here are Hux, Sith Trooper and KRU. Depending on what tier you’re playing then, you can use FOST or FOX. So that’s 5 characters used in the event. The other 7 (not including Finalizer because it’s only 5* and not a gear sink) have no value in this event. You can’t use palpatine and the mechanics render the rest useless. Ergo, requiring various relic levels for them was tedious, pointless, and a massive waste of valuable gear for just this event. The same stands true for Rey. Now out of those 14 useless for this event toons, maybe a couple are still useful beyond it. Palpatine, Finn, Resistance Trooper, BB8, and maaaaaybe OG Kylo. Otherwise? Nothing but gear sinks, so yes. Pointless requirements given that you can’t even use them in the event.
    It’s not a matter of figuring out how, it’s a matter if they will get demolished without reworks and can’t hold up in these events. Ergo, useless. Ergo, only paywalls. Nothing more.

As for the vets? Wooo added resistance tags and some synergy. However in most lineups, they still won’t be the first choices. Could make for some fun GAC matchups. Still not worth the gear sinks to relic them.

If they want people to gear up characters for events, the lazy people in CG should tie them into the battle, did we have to gear up all 12 old republic characters to get malak? No just 10 you wanted to use, did we have to gear up every single ship to get GAS? No the only ones that you needed for the battle.
    If they want to add in this huge of a paywall they should make the event massive and have the scenes from the movie play out in game just like how they did it with darth vader vs old ben in getting CLS

They probably left out most/all scenes from the movie so no spoilers.
  • Sewpot wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »

Except you could G8 them and be fine. Farming them to 7* was a norm and expected but the gear wasn’t anywhere close to a R5/R7. The amount of bottlenecked gear is exponentially higher. The issue is that they aren’t even required like the vets were for some sort of story tie in. That’s why people are right in saying it was purely a paywall stop gap and nothing more. Why couldn’t CG tie the characters into a story based event like the hero journeys? Instead it was just a lazy and poorly designed event that fell flat

Thats a lazy criticism. Han solo is kylo’s father. He appeared to his son in the rise of skywalker. Thats how he ties in, cause he helped him on his path. What would you have for an event tie in? A stage where he talks to a figment of his imagination?

Unpaid lazy criticism as opposed to paid lazy development. See the difference?

Haha, bazinga!

And wanna explain how Rose, Phasma (who is dead at this point and barely utilized in the movies regardless), Palpatine, Resistance Pilot, Resistance Trooper, OG Poe....etc all tie in some passive way?

It’s not lazy criticism. It’s fact. They were implemented as paywalls. Plain and simple. They could’ve made it fun somehow using ALL of the characters somehow, but chose not to. Even with 4 months once announced and plenty of time before that, nothing.

Look to both hero Journeys. See how the cinematic and art played out? That was fun. That was immersive. Especially Old Ben vs Vader in CLS’s event. Even the Vets in JTR’s event had some sort of use in the story. CG made a terrible event. With terrible requirements that served no purpose except a paywall

Sure. Watch episode nine and you’ll understand why palpatine. As for the rest of the characters tie in because all the first order and resistance characters. Every one.
    You can use any of the characters to play the event. Not their fault you choose not to.
    Its lazy by citing paywalls simply to complain that you cant put in the minimal amount of effort and gear.
    Similar to the duel between kylo and rey?

Really? Where can I use Palpatine seeing as he isn’t able to be used?
    Have you seen the footage using Rose? She’s a wet noodle and her only useful tactic, stuns, don’t land due to high tenacity. Phasma doesn’t have any use either as she can’t provide and damage and she won’t do better than KRU, SiTrooper, Hux, FOX, FOST. FOO wont work either. Just like on Rey’s side you can’t replace RH Poe or RH Finn, BB8 or 3PO and R2. Sooooo remind me again how they simply weren’t paywalls?
    Again, they aren’t required for any event aside from just unlocking it. Their kits haven’t been fixed or touched up to make them more viable. Requiring over 2 dozen relic characters just to play, a good chunk of them useless, and not even tying them into the event is lazy and only a pay wall. Some of those characters like Hux, Sith Trooper, RH Poe and Finn are fine. They’re still solid toons. But others like rose, pilot, phasma, FOO....yeah useless.

If you want to start cherry picking evidence sure. Cant use palpatine fine.
    I can do that too. Both veterans were reworked.
    Maybe you should try reading. Never claimed there was or wasnt a paywall. Just stating that you are complaining cause you want to unlock the legends with as little effort as possible.
    It however is hardly a good criticism to say that phasma and the others you mention aren't better than other characters also needed

kff62jj09agj.png
    j18zu1n0j1jw.png
    078rx6g7uvjz.png
    6k0xoxn7cg7s.png

I posted just Kylo’s reqs. For the event, any tier throughout the premium characters to use here are Hux, Sith Trooper and KRU. Depending on what tier you’re playing then, you can use FOST or FOX. So that’s 5 characters used in the event. The other 7 (not including Finalizer because it’s only 5* and not a gear sink) have no value in this event. You can’t use palpatine and the mechanics render the rest useless. Ergo, requiring various relic levels for them was tedious, pointless, and a massive waste of valuable gear for just this event. The same stands true for Rey. Now out of those 14 useless for this event toons, maybe a couple are still useful beyond it. Palpatine, Finn, Resistance Trooper, BB8, and maaaaaybe OG Kylo. Otherwise? Nothing but gear sinks, so yes. Pointless requirements given that you can’t even use them in the event.
    It’s not a matter of figuring out how, it’s a matter if they will get demolished without reworks and can’t hold up in these events. Ergo, useless. Ergo, only paywalls. Nothing more.

As for the vets? Wooo added resistance tags and some synergy. However in most lineups, they still won’t be the first choices. Could make for some fun GAC matchups. Still not worth the gear sinks to relic them.

If they want people to gear up characters for events, the lazy people in CG should tie them into the battle, did we have to gear up all 12 old republic characters to get malak? No just 10 you wanted to use, did we have to gear up every single ship to get GAS? No the only ones that you needed for the battle.
    If they want to add in this huge of a paywall they should make the event massive and have the scenes from the movie play out in game just like how they did it with darth vader vs old ben in getting CLS

They probably left out most/all scenes from the movie so no spoilers.

Movie is over 3 months old, and now out on digital. I would assume that anyone who has played the game long enough to get a gl has seen the movie.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

At least she has a ship for use with Raddus
  • TVF is Kyno's alt account, right? RIGHT?!
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member

Yeah and I'm sure if Rose had an equivalent ship no one would complain about her ever again.

Also Rose's kit is better than RP's.

Yeah and I'm sure if Rose had an equivalent ship no one would complain about her ever again.

Also Rose's kit is better than RP's.

More like Rose’s kit still is relatively useless just like RP. The point was that at least RP being relic helps the ship which is actually used with Raddus. Doesn’t mean her kit or use in a squad will be better than Rose, who also won’t ever see a lineup. As stand alone toons, both are useless and bringing them to relic levels wont change that.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Glad we aren't overreacting.

Imagine thinking that people who spent thousands in preparation for this event, voicing their displeasure is properly seen as overreacting. Perhaps CG shouldn’t have hyped up this event as much as they did claiming amazing immersive content, artwork and great rewards only to deliver lazy mechanics, paper scissors rock, shoddy artwork outside of the background of Kajimi and the Death Star, and no rewards at all outside of a title and portrait.

To add to this, the GL event was almost the entirety of “new content” for Q1 of 2020. And that’s after promising us a better effort on new content for this year. What else were they working on for the last 4 or 5 months? I can’t imagine it takes a lot of developer time to create the hyperdrive bundle.
  • MntMan
    281 posts Member

Imagine thinking that people who spent thousands in preparation for this event, voicing their displeasure is properly seen as overreacting. Perhaps CG shouldn’t have hyped up this event as much as they did claiming amazing immersive content, artwork and great rewards only to deliver lazy mechanics, paper scissors rock, shoddy artwork outside of the background of Kajimi and the Death Star, and no rewards at all outside of a title and portrait.

To add to this, the GL event was almost the entirety of “new content” for Q1 of 2020. And that’s after promising us a better effort on new content for this year. What else were they working on for the last 4 or 5 months? I can’t imagine it takes a lot of developer time to create the hyperdrive bundle.

It didn't take all that time to create the bundle. Don't be silly. The lion's share of work was creating the icon that stays on the main screen the whole time letting you know it's there to purchase. Now that's where the heavy lifting came in for content development............

<Wait's for TVF's insightful commentary>

Regardless I guess I'd have to say it is new content. A new event that has come in, but it was lazy as pointed out and really a shame if we're to wait another 3-6 months for anything else major to drop. After all this was the big one that they've been building up right? It seems that most of that time was spent on the characters as opposed to the journey to get them. Probably for the best if they had to pick one over the other, but it's a shame they had to pick and not roll out a meaningful and well thought out event as well. Instead a paywall and a lazy stab at making you jump through a few hoops.
  • Yet again CG sanitizing its forums of accurate posts, what a surprise, no wonder we get no new content and ridiculous new characters: they're all too busy removing super accurate forum criticisms!
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Yet again CG sanitizing its forums of accurate posts, what a surprise, no wonder we get no new content and ridiculous new characters: they're all too busy removing super accurate forum criticisms!

Which posts?

Might just be the spam filter.
  • Ultra
    11490 posts Moderator
    Yet again CG sanitizing its forums of accurate posts, what a surprise, no wonder we get no new content and ridiculous new characters: they're all too busy removing super accurate forum criticisms!

What’s the difference between an accurate and super accurate posts?
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    MntMan wrote: »

It didn't take all that time to create the bundle. Don't be silly. The lion's share of work was creating the icon that stays on the main screen the whole time letting you know it's there to purchase. Now that's where the heavy lifting came in for content development............

<Wait's for TVF's insightful commentary>

*waits*
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member

The only posts I’ve seen removed from this thread had to do with a fire and someone’s moms (sic). Not sure it was accurate or a criticism of CG.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    ImaSmakya wrote: »

The only posts I’ve seen removed from this thread had to do with a fire and someone’s moms (sic). Not sure it was accurate or a criticism of CG.

Don't worry, I can confirm Ultra is doing fine.
    ImaSmakya wrote: »

Don't worry, I can confirm Ultra is doing fine.

And his mum? Lol
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    The point of this system was to allow them to have a use for more gear, and I bet we will see an increase in gear moving forward that will allow us to get up past current crunches to relics faster, but relics will start to be the focus. once relics are the focus, just like gear the low levels will be fairly easy (R4) and moving up will be "the choices" we need to make.

Increase in gear... Good one. :D

I envy your limitless positivity, Kyno.

While I wish that was the case, I don’t see it. They said this months ago. We got a higher influx of kyro’s from finishing dailies and the assault tiers. The assault tiers also yield extra G12 finisher salvage. Great.

They changed the refresh time for fleet battles and added G12 gear in there. Great, however the drop rate is terrible and is roughly 20%. So double edge sword in my mind.

Carbantis, cuffs, golden eyeball components and salvage have multiple stores to grab them in but the currency is limited so it’s not unlimited. Still the carbantis are the best to farm because of the challenge tiers too. Could use some extra drops from challenges regarding stun cuffs and components.

The biggest gear crunch they’ve done nothing to fix? Stun guns. It is the absolute worst bottleneck in the game. One store has it and it costs GET1 which NEEDS to be hoarded for any future epic confrontations since the devs refused to acknowledge the disdain for GET1 farms and said more will come in the future. Until they release this bottleneck, getting relic will be a massive achievement. So many characters need stun guns. Heck, the new GL’s require 400 salvage a piece! That’s insane.

Not really tho. Not that I disagree with the "stun fun" crunch. inl8huhickd0.jpg