No mention of starforge showdown/malak coming to journey guide?

It's almost been a year since the malak event was released (4/12/2019) and they said they will bring events to journey guide a year after release. There was no mention of this in the patch notes, can we get a confirmation if its coming or not?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yes it is coming. No they didnt put a date on it.

These events dont get put on the calendar and will not be put on the Journey Guide untill it has been out for a year. Dont worry, it is coming, and it will end up on the Gude when it hits 1 year.
  • TayloRen
    121 posts Member
    Is that literally to the day, April 12, that we'll see it show up? I think we'd all appreciate an update on that from the devs
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Kyno literally just answered your question in the post above from last week
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Not quite. I want "It will be 4/12/2020, guaranteed"
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    TayloRen wrote: »
    Not quite. I want "It will be 4/12/2020, guaranteed"

What in their previous history makes you think CG is going to give you this date?
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

Oh, in that case the answer is no.
  • ImaSmakya wrote: »

What in their previous history makes you think CG is going to give you this date?

Nothing from previous history. However, I was hoping with the unprecedented disappointment over recent events, they'd be striving to improve communication. Maybe these little pushes such as asking basic questions and getting direct, specific answers would be a step in the right direction for them.

It's probably no help at all, but I figured I'd try.
  • TayloRen wrote: »
    ImaSmakya wrote: »

Nothing from previous history. However, I was hoping with the unprecedented disappointment over recent events, they'd be striving to improve communication. Maybe these little pushes such as asking basic questions and getting direct, specific answers would be a step in the right direction for them.

"Unprecedented disappointment"
    🤣
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • :D
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member

This comes up a lot. And it is inane.

Good communication does not mean telling you everything the second you ask.

You do not become entitled to information just by wanting it.

They will announce that Starforge Showdown is coming to the Journey Guide when they decide it is time to announce it. No sooner. It will come in the form of an announcement, not a random forum question. This question may not have an answer right now; it could be subject to change, and could be contingent on other things. You are not entitled to information that does not exist yet.

And if recent in-game events are an "unprecedented disappointment," count yourself extraordinarily lucky because you have lived one charmed life.
    Still not a he.
  • Star Wars Events has revealed the release date for Star Forge Showdown is April 17th, 2020
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

That is not how it works, ever. They add things in the closest update to change that needs to be made. They do not do or guarantee these types of cadences on a strict calendar schedule.
  • Kyno wrote: »

That is not how it works, ever. They add things in the closest update to change that needs to be made. They do not do or guarantee these types of cadences on a strict calendar schedule.

Well... by stating that events will hit the Journey Guide a year after their intial release is kinda guaranteeing it, is it not?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

Well... by stating that events will hit the Journey Guide a year after their intial release is kinda guaranteeing it, is it not?

That it will happen, yes. On the exact date, no. They have always operated the cadence to be "the closest update" to the timeline.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    c09hkj527s4y.png

correct, "after they have run as a scheduled event for one year", is that calendar date to the end of time. if it is added any time in that span they have adhered to that statement.

they did not state it will be added on the calendar date, or anything to that effect. We have been pressing them for this to be added to or a new release cadence be made that will include this. we use the release cadence as a reference for events and this shift from "new" to "legacy" and in reference to that cadence they have stated that it will be adjusted to the normal release schedule.

• Kyno wrote: »

correct, "after they have run as a scheduled event for one year", is that calendar date to the end of time. if it is added any time in that span they have adhered to that statement.

Um... wut? That makes no sense at all. Stop just trying to make them "right" no matter what they do.
  • TayloRen
    121 posts Member
    It's now showing on SWGOH Events as running on April 17th. I don't see that anywhere here on the official site. Where do they get their info, and is it accurate?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

Um... wut? That makes no sense at all. Stop just trying to make them "right" no matter what they do.

do you think it should be the exact time of day, exactly one year from first launch? serious q, bc I find this fascinating
  • Gifafi wrote: »

do you think it should be the exact time of day, exactly one year from first launch? serious q, bc I find this fascinating

Nah, just on the date. However, you bring up a good point. It could certainly be scheduled to be added at the time that the event would have gone live if it were being launched that day. That shouldn't be too hard to do. I hadn't considered that before. I just don't like the whole Gandalf approach of it arriving precisely when it intends to.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I am not. I am explaining to you how it actual is. Sorry if you dont like it or want it different, but they have never done anything like what you are saying. updates are done on a schedule and things change according to that, not the other way around.

the direct statement is that "after they have run as a scheduled event for one year"..... the time after that is true, is literally all time after that date and in no way implies or states that it will be done on a calendar date or even a specific time frame after that is true.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    It's now showing on SWGOH Events as running on April 17th. I don't see that anywhere here on the official site. Where do they get their info, and is it accurate?

Datamines, and yes.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • @TayloRen it shows on there as next 04/17/2020, just search starforge showdown event swgoh
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Datamine aside, it was on the content update

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/227393/content-update-04-09-2020#latest

8ymoqh9rr1e7.png

Guessing everyone missed it!
  • law2us wrote: »
    @TayloRen it shows on there as next 04/17/2020, just search starforge showdown event swgoh

I know. I posted that before the content update came later that day.