F2P GL Progress

Prev13456714
MaruMaru
3338 posts Member
I wanted to see f2p folks progress towards one of the GLs assuming you are actively farming for it. Doubt there is any that already unlocked the event, you're welcome to prove me wrong. It would be nice if you can note down how much crystal stash you spent also. Please refrain from f2p vs. spender discussions which we already have enough of elsewhere.

Replies

• Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Edward would have unlocked both.
    This is what he has been waiting for, all these years.
  • I have KRU, JTR, & Palpatine at relic 7. Then again, I had them relic 7 before the GLs were announced.
  • Not a true F2P, but haven’t spent since prior to second Malak event. 800-900 crystals daily from arenas, 10K in crystal stockpile (fluctuates between 8-12, but won’t drop it lower until gearing Rey herself).

Started with everybody but ReFi and RePo 7 stars, smugglers, rose, holdo, g8, everyone else g12.

Currently

75/85 RH Finn G9
    13/65 RH Poe G9

60/65 Raddus

G12+2 vet Chewie
    G12+3 Rose
    G12+5 BB8

R1 Holdo
    R1 Pilot
    R4 Poe

R5 Trooper
    R5 Finn
    R7 Scavenger
    R7 JTR

Making decent progress, I think - aiming for 3rd week of May unlock.
  • Shadowscream
    968 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    I’m going for GL Rey and accepting it will take 6 months....
    My advice is to do it in steps and not ruin your roster!
    I’m doing this:
    • Step 1 - Farming ships needed to unlock Raddus....Two were only at 6*. Remember you only need 5* Raddus.
    • Step 2 - Farm Hero Finn and Holdo —> Finn boosts up the JTR significantly and Holdo = a source of Stun Guns, has her ship and a decent kit.
    (I’m doing both of these steps and nearly done)
    • Step 3 - Relic JTR, BB8 and Hero Finn.
    • Step 4 - G12 Holdo, RP, Poe.
    • Step 5 - Shard farm Rose and Hero Poe (start this a soon as Holdo and Finn are 7*)

• Shadowscream
    968 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    My advantage is that several like normal Finn were already Relic’d and my “standard” JTR team = G12+5
    My other top tip is to make sure you can do ALL the challenge tier 1s and most of the tier 2s on the ABattles.
    I’m looking at having two solid teams for GAC and TWar whilst still farming Hero Poe and Rose.
    • Team 1 - JTR, BB8, R2, C3PO and Hero Finn (all Relic’d - this team can beat GAS and SE)
    • Team 2 - Finn, Poe, sRey, RTrooper and Holdo (I’ll waste a zeta on Finn)
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Edward would have unlocked both.
    This is what he has been waiting for, all these years.

He's not F2P though.
  • I am very close to finish Kylo requeriments; Miss one piece on Han and relics on Han (obvious), Soldier and Hux (already G13).
    Totally F2P. I hoard 70K crystals to that. Start when they announce the GLs.
    Thats cost me a lot of GAs, because I dont gear up some key toons.
    But F2Ps must do a chose and follow his plan.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    dalosto147 wrote: »
    I am very close to finish Kylo requeriments; Miss one piece on Han and relics on Han (obvious), Soldier and Hux (already G13).
    Totally F2P. I hoard 70K crystals to that. Start when they announce the GLs.
    Thats cost me a lot of GAs, because I dont gear up some key toons.
    But F2Ps must do a chose and follow his plan.

Whoah, I have a friend with previous 60k pile who is also about to unlock the event.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    I started with no pile and both arena incomes. This is what I have left. I feel I pushed gearing process too much and would have cut it down a few weeks ago while using everything for shards. But maybe this way I can build up the gear for Rey's own gear which is tremendous on it's own.

umo3pjqfhfys.png
    4e7euxqnkavx.png
    s7rw3zehh8yg.png
  • Been f2p since 2017 and only spent $55 before that, so count it how you will.

I should start getting Kylo tickets today or tomorrow. I’ve been saving gear, crystals, and store currency since August. Only spent energy on character shards from the new trilogy, ships for my fleet, and collecting gear in that timeframe. Unfortunately, I didn’t start collecting relic mats until after the first GAS event, so I’m finishing that up now.

This game has not been fun while hoarding this much, so it will be my last time doing it.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Been f2p since 2017 and only spent $55 before that, so count it how you will.

I should start getting Kylo tickets today or tomorrow. I’ve been saving gear, crystals, and store currency since August. Only spent energy on character shards from the new trilogy, ships for my fleet, and collecting gear in that timeframe. Unfortunately, I didn’t start collecting relic mats until after the first GAS event, so I’m finishing that up now.

This game has not been fun while hoarding this much, so it will be my last time doing it.

Wow good. People have been pushing the envelope.

I agree it's not fun at all. That's why I don't hoard regardless of the outcome. I have to balance the fun, immediate visible outcome aspect for myself since it's obvious the game won't do it for me, it will do the reverse of it.
  • 0ay03qr1wma7.jpg

I've never spent on this game, but I did have a head start - all my Resistance were G12 (except the Vets, but including Rose, Holdo, and RP) and RJT and BB8 were already R7 before the GLs were announced. No crystal stockpile (other than what I usually keep on hand, 3-5k) but I get 1st in fleet and top 3 (depending on rotation) in squad every day. A little behind on Raddus (20/65) but I'll refresh the next two events to get her to 5*.

Should have Rey in early-mid May, depending on how well my Poe farm goes.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Done:
    KRU, Kylo Ren, FO Stormtrooper, Captain Phasma, FO Officer.

Still to do:
    Emperor Palpatine Relic 5.
    FO TIE Pilot: XI+5
    General Hux: XII (70/85)
    Sith Trooper: XI+3 (18/65)
    FO SF TIE Pilot: X+5
    VS Han Solo: IX+3

Finalizer: 20/80 locked. NEED: Kylo Ren's Shuttle. (43/85).

I'm doing the General Hux and Sith Trooper shard farming first, then focus on the shuttle so I can complete the Finalizer event.

Stun Guns are the biggest hurdle at the moment, as weeks has gone without a Stun Gun material to appear in the Shard/Guild store.

Update: Emperor P goes up by 1 relic, VS Han Solo up to IX+3.
    Post edited by khdelboy on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    To all of those making this work F2P:
    bnko13vkgcwq.png
  • I started hoarding in late December, gone through 40 or 50k in crystals, at least, and I’m about 3 weeks away.
  • 19nwdhmej9vr.jpg

FTP Since start, february 2016. My initial crystal stash was 20k and been using every new crystal ever since. Hope to unlock the event this month
  • EdSolo
    410 posts Member
    I have gone Resistance first, but I'm also farming Sith Trooper and Hux.

JTR, Finn, and RT are done
    Scavenger Rey is R2, BB-8 is R4
    Poe is G12 +5, RP is G12 +3
    Holdo is G11 +4, Rose is G10 +5, Chewie is G8 +5
    Hero Finn 19/85 G8 +5, Hero Poe 14/30 G9 +4, Raddus 40/65

Not actively working on FO per se, but they are on my list

KRU G12 +4, Kylo G12 +3, ST G12 +1, Phasma G11 +5, FOO G11 +5, Hux 24/100 G10 +5, Sith Trooper 10/85 G8 +5, FOE G11 +5, FOTP G11 +3, FOSTP G8 +4, Han G8 +4, Palpatine G12 +3, Finalizer 30/65

It is difficult because I have things like Clones, GAS, etc going by the wayside. Would really liked to have put this gear towards those toons instead.

I have 12.1K crystals. Doing the 3 50's, and 1 100 regular energy refresh per day (still farming Y-wing and Hyena bomber). I have spent 800 crystals of shards (I think). Just need so many stun guns at this point it is crazy. I assume I'm at least three months away from being able to get the Rey requirements done.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    As a completely FTP player when I'm not spending money, I have FO side g12+ but only 3 relic'd so far
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited April 2020
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    I wanted to see f2p folks progress towards one of the GLs assuming you are actively farming for it. Doubt there is any that already unlocked the event, you're welcome to prove me wrong. It would be nice if you can note down how much crystal stash you spent also. Please refrain from f2p vs. spender discussions which we already have enough of elsewhere.
    Was able to meet the requirements of Kylo by the day of event start

I had all FO at g12+3 before the Galactic Legends were even announced.

Started at 71k Crystals and ended up around 40 something

Was farming and hoarding gear since October after GAS. Outside of ARC and GAS, I didn’t gear up any other toon that wasn’t FO or Resistance

I’m already working on Resistance but that will take a long while

EDIT: unlock wasn’t the right word
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Was able to meet the requirements of Kylo by the day of event start

I had all FO at g12+3 before the Galactic Legends were even announced.

Started at 71k Crystals and ended up around 40 something

Was farming and hoarding gear since October after GAS. Outside of ARC and GAS, I didn’t gear up any other toon that wasn’t FO or Resistance

I’m already working on Resistance but that will take a long while

EDIT: unlock wasn’t the right word

Wowza, you proved my assumption wrong. Crazy hoarder ftw! xD Gz. I also stopped work on all else, but no gear or crystal hoard.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Good luck guys. Its a large hill to climb f2p.

As a whale, id say its not worth the money. So you guys are doing it right
  • I'm basing my gearing on 1) A usable GA team, and 2) timing the 'bad' characters to gear them only when I have Heroes Poe and Finn at 7* and can take everyone to their required relic levels:

GA/TW/TB Res Team:
    Jedi Training Rey: R7
    Scavenger Rey: R7
    BB8: R5 (of R7 - waiting on more G13 finishers to crunch into salvage)
    Res Trooper: R5
    Holdo: R5

Currently Farming Shards for (1 node refresh per day for the heroes while I finish Hux, ST, BLT, and Hyena):
    Res Hero Poe: 4* (3/65) G9
    Res Hero Finn: 5* (15/85) G8
    Raddis: 4* (50/65 - in the bag by the time the heroes are done)

In descending order of how much I'm looking forward to gearing them:
    Vet Han: 7* G8
    Vet Chewie: 7* G8
    OG Finn: 7* G8
    OG Poe: 7* G8
    Res Polit: 7* G8
    Rose Tico: 7* G7

Sitting on around:
    1200 cuffs
    800 guns
    800 carbantis
    600 eyeball challenge pieces
    300 of each kyrotech
    100-300 of each G13 finisher
    400/300/250 of the levels of signal data

Still need some gear, but have a good amount of time to farm that while I finish the heroes.

Maybe start getting tickets in 3-5 months, depending on how quickly I can finish Hero Poe?
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    1kdptzdf0lcz.png

My progress.
    At least i have a squad of full G13 FO
  • Unlocked this morning f2p ... still have to juggle some mods but it almost doesn’t matter :)ekfbgl250amq.png

I am quite far behind on Kylo though, and I reckon I will need both GLs to qualify for the Ben Solo event...
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Pulsipher wrote: »
    Unlocked this morning f2p ... still have to juggle some mods but it almost doesn’t matter :)ekfbgl250amq.png

I am quite far behind on Kylo though, and I reckon I will need both GLs to qualify for the Ben Solo event...

Wow you even had enough to max it after unlock.