New player Going separatist route

Just started game couple days ago. Been seeing things about going separatist rather than Phoenix. That being the case, I still need some light characters to make it through the table battles. Which characters would you recommend? Was thinking qui gon jinn. Any other recommendations? Or thoughts on going separartist.

Replies

• i mean you could still do phoenix for the light side aspect... otherwise QGJ jedi followed by bastilla jedi then revan is a good way to go.

QGJ, ezra, ashoka, jedi consoler/luminara, kaden
    decent jedi team that has a tank healer and DPS. and you could farm them relitively soon and work up to a bastilla with GM yoda

but how far into the missions are you? your starting 5-7 light side characters should be able to pull you through pretty well as you gear them for a while
  • Phoenix is always a good start. Go after them first and kinda do seps if you want on the side. Anhald is testing theory with starting with separatists on a new account. Dont follow that for he doesn't even know if it's a good idea. Phoenix themselves nets you thrawn, EP, and 2 jedis for GMY
  • Thanks for your input. Currently level 36. F2P. Working on level 4 on tables. Trying to figure out balance between getting good squad together and working on the table games.
  • If there is a major change in stores, the Phoenix team may lose viability as a starting team. Although the Arnolds' hyper drive tests were of high quality, the theory of starting with the separatists is poorly elaborated.

The main flaw is that going after the separatists themselves ignores that you are leaving behind the fragments of the Ground War event. There are 30 character fragments plus 12 ships per event that you complete, plus the first times that comes the prize for completing the first the event. The event has an average of 30 days of cycle.

Rebels, Jedi and Phoenix do 3 of the 8 cyclical events that give fragments with specific requirements. Separatists do not attend any of these events.

Starting with the phoenix is ​​having 5 phoenix, 5 Rebels and 2 Jedi.

As for your concern to open the table, this is done with level 85 allies. Look for characters with area attack, Wedge, JKR, Lando. They can give you the point on the third star quietly up to level 6 without much effort. On the dark side Look for Asajj.

All of this can simply change since the absurd difficulty of the TB Light side of Geonosis indicates that it was designed for another level of equipment and modifiers. A brutal change in stores may even occur, but with what is worth today phoenix is ​​still a better start.
  • dvegas wrote: »
    That being the case, I still need some light characters to make it through the table battles.

Get a good ally from one of the ally code sharing posts. I’m full atm. That helps clearing the tables quickly.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Thanks again for your input camper. I have run a rag tag group right now and hover around 250 is squad arena, but getting harder daily. Probably have 75 hyperdrive bundles in my shard. Other squads that are more complete just demolish me, also some with Dooku which do very well. Not sure which way to go right now, back to Phoenix or just wing it.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    If you want to go Separatist that early, Nute lead and some combo of Dooku, Poggle, Magnaguard, Geo Soldier & Geo Spy. No idea how far that will get you vs meta teams of your level but all those toons have uses in endgame content.
  • Hi guys, any recent feedback about going all the way into Separatists team like Rath_Tarr said?
    tnx!
  • I'm just started a new separatist F2P account and I might be able to help. Basically you don't need a lot of light side toons, as the only place you really need them are light side battles. But I agree that you do need a team.
    When you're farming Separatists, you don't need to farm anything in Cantina shipments. Go for Ashoka Tano there. She's way better than Qui-Gon after her rework, an amazing pilot, dispel on basic, synergy with Anakin and Padme and Kenobi, and is needed for General Skywalker. Definitely farm her.
    As a lot of people out there talk about getting JKR early, Old Republic is a good choice as well. Farm Bastila and Jolee Zaalbar in Hard nodes if you have the time. T3 and Mission are farmable in Cantina Battles.
    Or you can go for Anakin, as he's pretty much must-have on a Padme team.
    Remember to farm them only after you complete Separatists, as you need Padme!
  • I started a new account and am doing the sep route myself. The idea for going seps is to be ready for Padme at level 85. For a Padme team, you'll need JKA, Ahsoka, and GK. There's 3 jedi right there. Two are easily farmable. Also, you'll probably be going Galactic Republic in ships, ao you'll probably want to farm Plo Koon, Jedi Consular, and Mace Windu. There you have 5 jedi for GMY. Then you can farm Bastila for your lead spot, and your light side team is ready until you unlock Padme.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Sadly there is no good reason to farm Windu. He and his ship are both dead weight.
  • LordGrahck
    344 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    I disagree, Rath. Mace and his ship along with ships like the hounds tooth and Clone Sergeant's ship create an effective defensive fleet that can be very hard to kill. Also, it sets up everything for the Negotiator. All you need to do is plug it right in and side line Mace. Not only that, Mace auto unlocks at 4 star by doing the pre60 ship missions, making him an easy grind to 7 star to use to unlock GMY. Besides, he can't stay crappy forever.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    LordGrahck wrote: »
    I disagree, Rath. Mace and his ship along with ships like the hounds tooth and Clone Sergeant's ship create an effective defensive fleet that can be very hard to kill. Also, it sets up everything for the Negotiator. All you need to do is plug it right in and side line Mace. Not only that, Mace auto unlocks at 4 star by doing the pre60 ship missions, making him an easy grind to 7 star to use to unlock GMY. Besides, he can't stay crappy forever.

why would you set up for Neg if you are going Sep route?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Oh gee ... I don't know ... Perhaps it's because the goal is to unlock Padme?? And the standard Padme team has GK (who has a capital ship), JK Anakin (who has a ship), Ahsoka (who has a ship)? And Negotiator fleets often use other Galactic Republic ships that are easy to farm?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Oh gee ... I don't know ... Perhaps it's because the goal is to unlock Padme?? And the standard Padme team has GK (who has a capital ship), JK Anakin (who has a ship), Ahsoka (who has a ship)? And Negotiator fleets often use other Galactic Republic ships that are easy to farm?

op didn't mention padme, but even if that is the goal if seps are built up Sep fleet/Mal takes way less resources to be good overall. I mean, he's so low level it might not matter at this point, but where exactly is he going to get GK shards? He'd have to join a much higher than him guild and still wait a long time. A sep fleet will get him more crystals than a partial padme squad will in arena
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Oh gee ... I don't know ... Perhaps it's because the goal is to unlock Padme?? And the standard Padme team has GK (who has a capital ship), JK Anakin (who has a ship), Ahsoka (who has a ship)? And Negotiator fleets often use other Galactic Republic ships that are easy to farm?

op didn't mention padme, but even if that is the goal if seps are built up Sep fleet/Mal takes way less resources to be good overall. I mean, he's so low level it might not matter at this point, but where exactly is he going to get GK shards? He'd have to join a much higher than him guild and still wait a long time. A sep fleet will get him more crystals than a partial padme squad will in arena

Maybe he could join one of those 2M+ requirement guilds that has open invites and then hope the one doesn't notice.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Mace is outclassed by just about every other Jedi and once you unlock Negotiator, Endurance is about as useful as a Jawa bellydancer. :D