Carbonite circuit board

Anyone else see this relic crafting piece (first one) becoming an issue relatively soon? I had thousands at the beginning of course. I can't imagine having to farm white gear pieces soon in order to fulfill this requirement. Way too many other things needed for regular energy.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    anything can/will become a problem if you do not focus on managing it. relics and their mats are the next crunch and deciding who to use them on should always be a choice of "do the ends justify the means".

For me, currently, no. but I imagine that those lower end pieces will not be as much of an issue for older players, at least not for a little while.
  • I've been playing for 4 years man and I can tell ya, they're becoming a problem. I'm also well aware of resourse management and find that argument pretty dated. And with relic requirements for the galactic legends characters there really isn't a choice about who you relic is there. Not if you want to maintain even the slightest bit of competition.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    bisto_760 wrote: »
    I've been playing for 4 years man and I can tell ya, they're becoming a problem. I'm also well aware of resourse management and find that argument pretty dated. And with relic requirements for the galactic legends characters there really isn't a choice about who you relic is there. Not if you want to maintain even the slightest bit of competition.

as I said, even with looking at both GLs, I am not seeing the issue, I am also a roughly day one player. That doesn't mean others are not, its just my situation and how I have managed things throughout the game, each player is different.

That will never be a "dated answer" as that is the backbone of the game. To stay in the competitive realm has always required a keen eye on management and development, or you fall behind. This current scenario is no different, just reskinned. The relic crunch is here to stay, and it will effect each player differently.
  • I've only used relic materials to advance top end characters so would argue nothing has been squandered and the materials have been managed very well. I'd agree with you if I was advancing garbage characters then asking why I'm running out of materials. Again, the new galactic legends are the tip of the competitive edge and in order to get them I MUST relic certain characters, including what most would consider garbage or 2nd tier characters. So how is the game about resource management when to remain competitive you're forced to use materials on lesser characters. It's not resource management at all, it's simply a boring uncreative bottleneck which will make me use energy on something that to this point has been worthless.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    bisto_760 wrote: »
    I've only used relic materials to advance top end characters so would argue nothing has been squandered and the materials have been managed very well. I'd agree with you if I was advancing garbage characters then asking why I'm running out of materials. Again, the new galactic legends are the tip of the competitive edge and in order to get them I MUST relic certain characters, including what most would consider garbage or 2nd tier characters. So how is the game about resource management when to remain competitive you're forced to use materials on lesser characters. It's not resource management at all, it's simply a boring uncreative bottleneck which will make me use energy on something that to this point has been worthless.

over the past how many ever years, what was your plan regarding gear? Personally I buy all credit gear that I do not have about 400 of, when I'm on the plus side of my credits.

right now I am burning low end gear to make all the relic parts. I am only going down to 1k on most of the low end parts. I am now buying all credit gears that fall into the first 2 tiers of relics.

what is your plan?

this can also be effected by how you manage the ratio of buying vs farming gear. buying gear over the years would have landed you with less of the ancillary stuff that would drop.

I'm not saying that this is the only way to do it or that I am doing it the right way, but to say you can't manage and plan for how to play towards the future is not true.
  • bisto_760
    236 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    I've bought all credit pieces everyday for approximately 3.5 years, when I figured out they were worth it. I still have maybe 1.5k of several of the pieces. What I'm saying is, these are going to run out in short order. At which point I'll have to farm them and for an end game player that is a massive leap backward for no reason. It's just poor/lazy design to make pieces which have been redundant for years into a new bottleneck. I'm totally ok with r5-7 being a bottleneck cus that's high end gear I need to convert and I can work on that by doing better in activities such as the raids etc.. but running out of r1-4 materials (carbonite) just means I have to farm them.

I'm not out to convince you personally man cus frankly I think you've drank a bit too much of the koolaid. If you think farming white gear components with your energy is the way forward, then this conversation is redundant.