Han Solo Bug?

Dinglord
61 posts Member
edited April 2020
Is Han’s Shoot First wai? It says it’s a bonus turn, so it makes sense that in places like TW, GAC, and GW any preloaded TM should still be there. Here are three sequential images from GW:
1. The first shows his TM at the end of a battle which GAS finishes on his turn.
2. The next is his bonus turn at the beginning of the next battle.
3. The third shows his TM right after that.
The other toons’ turn meters stay the same from image 1 to 2 and then advance after Han takes his bonus, but his seems to reset after his bonus.
5sgucke2lpxf.png
kp96fq6lsiqi.png
4nhcyxpf9zcp.png

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    What I see there looks correct. from image 2->3:

Han gets 100% TM, takes his turn, which sets him to 0 and starts the natural gain of TM which gets to vader and everyone being at the state they are in.

to clarify - his ability doesn't give him a bonus turn (like we are seeing with GAS), it gives him 100% TM, regardless of his previous amount of TM. After his turn everything happens like normal with natural TM gain.
  • Except the text clearly states it's a bonus turn.

28jkpp2bw1qv.jpg
  • Except the text clearly states it's a bonus turn.

The only real difference between 100% TM and a bonus turn is that a bonus turn takes priority. Han got his bonus turn, then went back to 0% TM like normal. WAI.
  • If you do a search of the forums there is a 2 to 4 year-old discussion about bonus turn, 100% TM, significance and 1 of the moderators chiming in.
  • If you do a search of the forums there is a 2 to 4 year-old discussion about bonus turn, 100% TM, significance and 1 of the moderators chiming in.
    Link?
  • If a “bonus turn” is meant to mean 100% turn meter, it should read “gains 100% turn meter.” Other TM effects specify that. A bonus turn means “additional, extra, on top of.” It’s not related to the next turn he would take. It shouldn’t affect his turn meter for the non-bonus turn. Maybe it’s wai; it’s definitely written-as-insensible.
  • Dinglord wrote: »
    If a “bonus turn” is meant to mean 100% turn meter, it should read “gains 100% turn meter.” Other TM effects specify that. A bonus turn means “additional, extra, on top of.” It’s not related to the next turn he would take. It shouldn’t affect his turn meter for the non-bonus turn. Maybe it’s wai; it’s definitely written-as-insensible.

if it were written as "Gains 100% TM" it wouldn't be a bonus turn and could thus be prevented by characters that shut down TM gain.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Yup. Which means it’s not related to the existing TM. It’s a “bonus turn” and therefore should not affect the next/existing turn, which in this case should happen almost immediately.

Here’s a related question. If Han is the fastest toon in the entire battle (no, I’ve never seen this be the case), does he go before any other toon after his bonus turn?
    Yup. Which means it’s not related to the existing TM. It’s a “bonus turn” and therefore should not affect the next/existing turn, which in this case should happen almost immediately.

Here’s a related question. If Han is the fastest toon in the entire battle (no, I’ve never seen this be the case), does he go before any other toon after his bonus turn?

He would, yes. Also, bonus turns don't care about current TM. They never have. You can trigger anyone's bonus turn while they're at 100% TM and they'll take their turn and go right back to 0%. It's never given you two turns back to back (unless you're using the Vets and it's spelled out in the kit)
  • Like a Martian talking to a fungo.
    I get it. It’s not a bonus turn. It’s just your turn...first.
    I’m sending CG a dictionary. I assume they’ll use it as an atlas, because words don’t matter.
    Yup. Which means it’s not related to the existing TM. It’s a “bonus turn” and therefore should not affect the next/existing turn, which in this case should happen almost immediately.

Bonus turns can't be prevented by daze. Different situation so different name. It's correct to call it a bonus turn because it's a turn you wouldn't have otherwise taken, consequentially lost TM aside. On a separate note, how have you unlocked GAS and not asked this question, or simply worked it out?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Except the text clearly states it's a bonus turn.

The only real difference between 100% TM and a bonus turn is that a bonus turn takes priority.

That's not true unfortunately. If some other character is preloaded with 100% TM the usual coin flip takes place. Han is not guaranteed to move first on his bonus turn.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Dinglord wrote: »
    If you do a search of the forums there is a 2 to 4 year-old discussion about bonus turn, 100% TM, significance and 1 of the moderators chiming in.
    Link?

If you do a search....
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    If a “bonus turn” is meant to mean 100% turn meter, it should read “gains 100% turn meter.”

100% TM gain can be prevented by daze/shock. A bonus turn can't - unless it's the special event ability in that BH/trooper assault battle type event.
    Maybe it’s wai; it’s definitely written-as-insensible.
    Agreed.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

That depends on which other TM manipulation takes place. Abilities like Zaul lead or B2's bonus TM gain (and others) can prevent Han from going next again.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Like a Martian talking to a fungo.
    I get it. It’s not a bonus turn. It’s just your turn...first.

Not even that. It's 100% TM which can't be prevented. Nothing more.

• Waqui wrote: »

The only real difference between 100% TM and a bonus turn is that a bonus turn takes priority.

That's not true unfortunately. If some other character is preloaded with 100% TM the usual coin flip takes place. Han is not guaranteed to move first on his bonus turn.

I thought they fixed that. I'm pretty sure that used to be true in, say, the smugglers event or the assault battle, but it isn't anymore - Han always takes priority.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

I thought they fixed that. I'm pretty sure that used to be true in, say, the smugglers event or the assault battle, but it isn't anymore - Han always takes priority.

Check out GA/TW. Coin flip.
    (or test it in GW)

Those assault battle type events often have some special mechanics. That's not what I'm referring to.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »

Check out GA/TW. Coin flip.
    (or test it in GW)

Those assault battle type events often have some special mechanics. That's not what I'm referring to.

Not according to CG:

"Bonus turns have priority over standard Turn Meter gain (both from natural Speed and from effects that grant Turn Meter).
    - When multiple units are at 100% Turn Meter due to natural Speed or standard Turn Meter gain, the game randomly selects one of them to go next.
    - When multiple units are at 100% Turn Meter due to being granted a bonus turn, the game randomly selects one of them to go next.
    - When only a single unit is at 100% Turn Meter due to being granted a bonus turn and other units are at 100% Turn Meter from other methods, the unit with the bonus turn will always act next."

From here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/217882/developer-q-a-11-01/p1