F2P GL Progress

Replies

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Pulsipher wrote: »
    I am quite far behind on Kylo though, and I reckon I will need both GLs to qualify for the Ben Solo event...
    How's your progress? I'm actively working on my resistance right now myself and just want to compare
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Pulsipher wrote: »
    I am quite far behind on Kylo though, and I reckon I will need both GLs to qualify for the Ben Solo event...
    How's your progress? I'm actively working on my resistance right now myself and just want to compare

Still farming hux and troooper!
  • Night2
    23 posts Member
    3 months for Kylo ren or 6 months for Rey from now if i go all for it and use my saved gear and zetas. But in november i had no resistance or first order
  • 100% ftp going for kylo. All I have left to do is get ep from r3 to r7, and get hux 39 more shards and sit 48 shards. Then I just need to get them both to their relic levels once I secure 80 more mkxii furnaces and 130 kyros. Lastly I need 15 shards for finalizer so after refreshing once on his next event I'm hoping to be ready. I'm hoping 10 days from now.
  • I'm not in a hurry
    That's my progress so far5h09t1nigw9o.jpg
  • a lot of people in here that NEVER spent money on this game
    amazing
  • a lot of people in here that NEVER spent money on this game
    amazing

I mean, the thread title did specifically ask for FTP progress. What did you expect?
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    I spent $19.99 for a crystal pack about 4 years and 3 months ago, so it depends on how purist you want to be.

Waiting until the last day to dump RePo on us really hurt. It will be another 45ish days to farm him 15 times a day at which time I can start farming Rey. I’m just not willing to pay the crystals to speed it up since I’d have nothing left to gear Rey with at the end.

I haven’t ACTUALLY geared the required characters since they are mostly worthless trash and will ruin my GAC matches if I have all that filler and not yet unlocked Rey all-the-Jedi-but-without-the-tag Skywalker.

I’m still considering switching gears to use my massive, unwieldy hoard on Kylo. I could actually get him slightly faster. Waiting for the theory crafters to shake things out to be 100% sure.
  • Jpfit262
    545 posts Member
    Was going for Rey, then switched to FO, now wish I would have stuck with Rey. But the more recent videos have shown better results so I’m hopeful. I’m a dolphin I guess, I spend $5 here and there or use gift cards if I get them.

I’m assuming it’ll be like June or July til I’m ready.

Also not looking forward to hitting 5mil 2x03ckud0lbi.png
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Jpfit262 wrote: »
    Also not looking forward to hitting 5mil
    the higher the GP the better
  • Jpfit262
    545 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

I don’t want to hit YouTube vlogger land haha
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

You'd need to hit past 6m for that. It's pretty chill still at 5.7m where I'm at.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

don't shout or clickbait and you'll be fine
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Jpfit262
    545 posts Member

You'd need to hit past 6m for that. It's pretty chill still at 5.7m where I'm at.

Ok cool, where I’m at now it’s hit or miss still. I either get destroyed or I destroy haha. Not many close ones.
  • 85/330 Kylo without spending a cent sinces ages.
    Started with a 75k Crystal Stack from Arenas. Unlock will take a few days though and i dont have the mats for gearing him afterwards for a while.
    So dedicated hoarding with top arena spots gets you there but i spend pretty much everything i had hoarded since GAS.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    G13 Rey, Rey, Trooper, Finn, and Holdo. Just need finishers for Poe and BB8. Need finisher and one piece of other gear for Rose and Pilot. Veteran Chewie is G11, New Poe and New Finn are being farmed, but they'll definitely be the last pieces to fall in place.

All in all, not bad! It'll take time, but anything worth having is worth working towards.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • sloweagle
    485 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    spc8t4xt60xn.png
    Above are what remains to be done for both.
    100% F2P since start, and 6.25m GP. Never hoarding as I always aim for as high GP as possible for a purist F2P, lol:) I have less than 1k crystals when GLs were announced. I guess I will have Rey in another 2-3 months.
  • Not even trying
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Ok
  • I had very little gear on my Resistance, but I went for Rey anyway b/c I need far more help on LS Geo than on DS.

I've been working for about 2 months - I was working on GAS before that - and had maybe 8k crystals, which is what I usually keep around. Game lag caused me to accidentally buy a 2500 crystal pack a few days ago & I still can't get anyone from CG support to answer my messages, but I would still be about 8k crystals if I had that 2500 back.

Less than 7*:
    Resistance Hero Finn = 75/85, g8
    Resistance Hero Poe = 28/30, g1
    Raddus = 25/85, abilities all upgraded as far as possible.

All below are 7*:
    Vet Chewie = g9+5

Rose = g10+4
    Poe = g10+5

BB-8 = g11 + 3
    Holdo = g11+5

Trooper = g12 + 2
    Pilot = g12 + 3

ScavRey = R1
    JTR = R1
    Finn = R2

I'm only getting about 600-650 crystals a day. I'm farming Resistance Hero Poe & RH Finn the slow way for now, since I still need to spend 2800 crystals on each toon for the Kyrotech on the g12 finisher. That's a lot of crystals = about 25k - that I still need, and at 400/day after refreshes, that's 60 days - whatever I can shave off that from the crystals I get from events and login bonuses.

I might be able to do things just a little bit faster, especially farming RHPoe & RHFinn, if I dropped my other farms and saved those crystals or spend them on more node refreshes for the RHs. But Hux and Sith Trooper are also long farms, and I'm unlikely to have 2800 lying around for RHFinn's g12 finisher even when I get him to 7* (~33 to 38 days away at average rate), so hurrying him along doesn't seem to make sense unless I wanted to spend money. Meanwhile I can finish off my Y-wing and keep up minimal progress on Hux and ST without paying node refresh costs, so that seems the best long-term FTP strategy.

Currently I'm bulking up on the hardest signal data to farm. I can take as many toons as I want to r4 right away as far as the salvage pieces, but I need to spend 600 crystals for each tier after that for the Holo Projectors. Still, I have a TON of that cheaper salvage built up. Once I have the signal data, I'm not worried about getting folks to r5... but that is another 600 x 8 = 4800 crystals, or about 8 days. (Depending on where I am with gear farms, I might pick up all/most of that through the Guild Store via raid income).

Currently everyone below G12 is waiting on a Stun Gun except RH Poe (who is still g1). I'm trying to get my crystals back up to around 8k before I buy any more SG prototypes with crystals. I am bulking up on Carbantis from the guild store in anticipation.

If I buy 4 out of 5 of the stun guns I need, and I need about 16 more stun guns, that's about 12 x 1274 = 15k more crystals, or 25 more days of crystal income. (Other stun guns would come from raid income & shard shop)

So unless I get particularly lucky with my raid income, I'm looking at about 80 to 90 days for all the gear, after I've already been working on them for 60 days, so a little less than 6 months, maybe a little less than 5 months is what it's going to take for me to do this FTP and starting from a trash squad with no large horde of crystals.

It's a lot of investment, but not that much more than, say GAS.

• What the heck? My comment disappeared.

I've been working towards GL Rey for about 2 months. I need about 60 days crystal income for the Kyrotech I need and another 25 days for other things I'm buying with crystals (primarily Holos for Relic 5+ and Stun Gun prototypes). That gives me plenty of time to farm RH Finn & RH Poe the slow way while keeping up minimal farming (no refreshes) on Sith Trooper and Hux.

Since I've been farming for 2 months and need another 85 days (estimated), it's looking like a 5 month project for me, though I started out with only about 8k crystals in the bank and I'm trying to keep that many on hand for emergencies (like Galactic Chase events). it goes up & down, of course, but I don't let it hit 10k. I'll buy a stun gun prototype before that happens. Mostly I'll buy something expensive (SG prototype or 50-100 Kyrotech) as soon as my stash hits 8k, then wait a couple days until it gets back to 8k before buying again.

But also I think it's good to know that most of my Resistance were g10 or below when I started. Only JTR was g12 and only bb8 was g11. (none were relic'd) So although they did have a few Stun Guns on them already, which saves a bit of effort, and i did have everyone except the Resistance Heroes already at 7*, this is close to worst case for an established player. If you're at the point where you can move all efforts to Resistance, you should be able to get GL Rey in less than 8 months even with substandard crystal income, about 5-6 for average-good crystal income, and faster than that if you are competing for top 5 in both arenas. (I'm barely top 50 in squad, but I'm #1 every day in fleet).

Current state of my farms.

Less than 7*:
    RH Poe = 25/30 - g1
    Raddus = 15/85 - all abilities upgraded as far as possible with tons of prestige stored up.
    RH Finn = 37/85 - g8

Already at 7*
    Vet Chewie = g9 + 5

Rose = g10 + 4
    Poe = g10 + 5

bb8 = g11 + 3
    Holdo = g11 + 5

Trooper = g12 + 2
    Pilot = g12 + 3

Scav Rey = r1
    JTR = r1
    Finn = r2

=============
    It's hard to know how long it will take after GL Rey to get GL Kylo, but since my ST and Hux farms will be farther along by another 120 - 160 shards (ST is at 55/65 and Hux is at 60/65), they should be at 255 minimum, or 15/100. Also, I can bring along those FO toons below g12 as soon as I've got all Resistance to G12 minimum, so that time working on finishers & such should get my FO into better shape than my resistance was.

So if GL Rey takes about 5 months of focussed effort, which is my best estimate, GL Kylo should finish up maybe 3 months behind that.

Considering what you get and how much effort GAS took, 8 months (maybe 9 if I can't jump start FO as much as I think and at most 10 if both Resistance and FO take longer than I think) for both as FTP doesn't seem horrible.

Okay, it seems horrible. It just doesn't seem as bad as it did before I did the math and realized I'm a bit closer than I thought.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I guess I could have just taken a screenshot
    k10odboxrwbc.png.
    The New Nasty Farms are going to take a while. Luckily that'll make gearing them a lot simpler and less stressful. I also need to gear up Veteran Han, but he can be on the back burner for now since he isn't needed for the farm, just for a team I'm planning once the farm is complete.
  • Artumas
    324 posts Member
    Been 100% F2P since I started playing, as I personally don't technically have an income to spend.
    Been actively grinding since I finished grinding for 3PO in late december.

JTR, Finn, RT done.(finn relic 7 because HSTR lol)
    BB8 Relic 1.
    Scav/Poe/Pilot at G12, Holdo at 6.5 stars, G11.
    Chewie at G9, Rose at G10, 33/100 shards to 7*.
    RH finn/poe at G9, 4/3*.

Raddus is probably going to be the biggest thing holding me back though. Still working on Ebon hawk and Hound's tooth because my fleet shard literally hasn't cared about fleets the entire time I've played the game, so never had a reason to 7* it, but they're both at extremely low shard counts so it'll probably be another month or 2 before they're actually ready.
    Will most likely either be fully ready or be waiting on a raddus event or 2 by the time I get RH poe to 7* though.
    Consistently placing #2 in HSTR helps a lot with gearing chars, and I just really don't have a reason to work on anything else atm so the rey grind is getting everything I have.

Probably won't bother going after Kylo until sometime next year though. Gotta get the other worthwhile dark side teams finished first since the GLs were announced halfway through grinding them... Brood alpha's been sitting at 5 1/2 stars for 4 months lol.
  • 100% f2p. Get 1st in arena and fleet daily, and top 3 in hSith when I participate which is about 75%. Started hoarding materials about 1 month before GL announced. Think I had around 10k crystals when GL was announced.

I still haven't given gear to anyone so I can be flexible on who to go for. Since poe node released I've been spreading my farming between the 4 latest characters which has slowed me down but gives me flexibility. If I go all in for kylo or rey I'm:
    - 8 days for kylo
    - 45 days for rey

I cutrently have 32k crystals banked and would need to use about 14k on gear to meet the tomes listed above. If i spent crystals on characters as well i could speed up my readiness.

GP = 5.5
    I have most of the main characters at an adequate level. Haven't sacrificed that much but would like to invest more in GR (avg is relic 3) and shakti (g12) for the lstb which I'll consider after getting a GL.

With a bit of luck to be on the right arena and fleet shard and good resource management and discipline, f2p can still compete although it's been much more difficult since Carrie was terminated and that new guy is running the show.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    6Delara6 wrote: »
    Carrie was terminated

I love baseless speculation.
  • TVF wrote: »
    6Delara6 wrote: »
    Carrie was terminated

I love baseless speculation.

Well... then may I direct you to the SWGOH YouTubers? They excel in that category!
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    The way the "fan" base in this game treated her, I'm amazed she didn't move on sooner. It's a testament to her character and leadership that she stuck around as long as she did before getting a better job at a bigger company near her family.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    DONE: KRU, Kylo Ren, FO Stormtrooper, Captain Phasma, FO Officer, FO Executioner.

Emperor Palpatine: Relic 6
    FO Tie Pilot: XII+3
    General Hux: 6* XII (29/100)
    FO SF Tie Pilot: XII
    VS Han Solo: XI+4
    Sith Trooper: 4* XI+3 (47/65)

Finalizer: No progress. (KR's Command Shuttle 5*: 62/85)
    Post edited by khdelboy on
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    I'm down to this. Another poe 50 pack and 4 raddus refills on the 23th event should get me there before the end of the month.

mavvm8vp2o40.png
    83aor7gwl03e.png