How to split resistance into 2 squads

Hey guys. Slowly gearing up the required toons for the gl rey event.

Based on what I got what would be the best 2 squads to make taking into account that I'd probably use r2 and c3po in rebel squad. Figure that jtr and finn would be leaders of both squads however not sure how to best fill the other 4 slots.

xatzn1ulgfs3.jpg

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    JTR + Droids is a very solid squad, I'd consider using them. Then Finn with whatever is left.
  • Hero Finn seems to be the real hero I keep seeing in vids.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    JTR, 3PO, BB-8, RH Finn, RH Poe

Finn, Res Trooper, Scav Rey, Poe, [Han / Chewie / Holdo]
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    1 - GL Rey, Ima Gun Di, Captain Han, Jedi Consular, ROLO

2 - JTR, BB8, Scavenger Rey, The Vets or The Heroes

3 - zFinn, Poe, RT, RP, Holdo
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    1 - GL Rey, Ima Gun Di, Captain Han, Jedi Consular, ROLO
    GL Rey and 4 Jawas surely?! :D
  • I second the idea of considering JTR + Droids

I use JTR, bb8, r2, chopper, T3-M4. The only premium character you need to pull away is r2, and he reaaaally rounds out this squad of underused, misfit droids. There is a ton of healing and it’s very easy to get 60 banners in GAC with a little practice.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Pretty much you'll only need two teams for GAC and maybe TW. Offense only for both, too unreliable on defense. For raids, TBs, and other content you either can only really use one team or you need such specific characters that only one team is viable.

What I do now is:
    Rey, Rey, BB-8, Holdo, (+R2)*
    Finn, Poe, Trooper, Pilot, (+Rose)*

The ones with asterisks can be swapped between the two teams or dropped entirely if you want R2 someplace else or want to go with 4-person teams to get understrength points.

This setup saves C3-P0 for Luke teams, so you have three strong teams that aren't coming at the cost of some other team.

The Rey team is extremely good against Bounty Hunters and can hold up against equal Geonosians, but that isn't guaranteed. There's quite a few other teams it wins against, but I usually need it for Bossk. Scavenger Rey can trash Nest as well, so any team with her is countered.

My Finn team is usually up against First Order or Old Republic. Rose's stun compliments Finn's and keeps the board from acting, while Poe's buff immunity shuts down reflexive taunts like Zaalbar's. The one flaw with this team is that you pretty much know if you're going to win or not after Poe's taunt. No exposes and you're basically screwed. So you're putting your fate in the hands of randomness, but between the stuns and multiple sources of expose you should be okay much, much more often than not.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • andoswgoh wrote: »
    Hey guys. Slowly gearing up the required toons for the gl rey event.

Based on what I got what would be the best 2 squads to make taking into account that I'd probably use r2 and c3po in rebel squad. Figure that jtr and finn would be leaders of both squads however not sure how to best fill the other 4 slots.

I've been wondering about this as well. Difficult to decide what to do. These are my thoughts so far:

Like you, I'd leave out R2 and C3po. Vet Han too, since he's not required for GL Rey. That leaves these nine characters I'd definitely use:

RJT, BB8, RH Finn, RH Poe, Holdo, Resistance Trooper, Finn, Poe, Scavenger Rey

And these three less than stellar characters:

Rose Tico, Resistance Pilot, Vet Chewie

To complete two teams, I'd have to choose to include one of these three characters. I suppose if one has the zeta on Finn's leadership, then Resistance Pilot would be best, due to the expose ability.

Anyway, the best resistance team would probably be:

RJT, BB8, RH Finn, RH Poe, Scavenger Rey

The other team would be:

zFinn, Poe, Resistance Trooper, Resistance Pilot, Holdo

With a fast Poe, this team should be able to get a tm train going. Holdo can't expose, but her AOE can damage several exposed enemies, so she can contribute to the tm train that way.

Without the zeta on Finn's leader ability, Vet Chewie might be a better choice than the Resistance Pilot, due to the higher damage, but not sure about this.