New GL Mod Packs: What’s the roll guarantee?

Replies

• TVF
    36597 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    Crowny wrote: »
    they are showing you the stats you are purchasing, so there are not odds to reveal.

That might make sense if people didn't upgrade mods. Nobody cares if they have a level 15 mod with +6 speed, they care about what the eventual speed will be once they fully upgrade the mod. But I hear where you're coming from, lawyer speak and what not, make it sound like this ISN'T just gambling.

I guess it is lawyer speak, but that's because the question was speaking to a law that requires the statistics on purchased items to be listed. But this doesn't apply here because there are no odds in this pack you are buying what is shown.

this is the same as buying a toons packs, there is no guarantee that the toon you get will have any use beyond what you can see at the time of purchase.

I was just trying to clarify that we shouldn't confuse the 2 things when talking about what needs to be done "legally".

I thought they did list odds on character packs, when the possibility of shards is a range.

Let’s say a character pack offers 5-330 character shards. You buy the pack and then it auto rolls for you and the odds of how many shards you get are listed by clicking the odds tab.

How is that different than these mod packs, aside from the fact that when you buy the mod pack you have to manually roll to find out how the mod ends up?

There’s still a range involved in what you purchase and what you end up with, it’s not a what you see is what you get.

not when its a guaranteed number of shards. This is similar to that, not the 5-330 packs.

These packs and the ones with guaranteed number of shards list exactly what you are buying and are therefore not subject to those laws.

Ok, so you’re saying when someone buys one of these mod packs, it’s what you see is what you get and there is zero element of chance after the purchase?

So when you buy one of these packs, those mods do not and can not be upgraded with chance rolls?

No, there is no, zero, zilch degree of chance in the purchase, which needs to be revealed, because that is what the law pertains too. they make no guarantees or anything about the evolution of your purchase after it is made. just like any purchase you make without a warranty.

Kyno, but do you “feel” they should display the odds of the future potential of the mod, to be open, honest, and fair to the players, or continue to always use non-disclosure unless there is a specific law that requires otherwise?

Folks, here’s some odds to really put things into perspective:

wq7jkrbfsp1i.jpeg

Honestly, I am a data junkie when it comes to information, but statistics for things like this dont really serve a purpose. It doesnt change the outcome. Knowing what the rate of upgrade is not helpful since we have no way to gain advantage from knowing, it doesnt change how we farm, choose to upgrade or anything relevant to the mod itself.

I also dont think that those being available for this would make any real changes to the number of purchases. Do you?

Kyno, I do agree with much of what you said, however I do feel, to be open and most fair to the player base, they could have added a simple statement on the purchase screen that the mods themselves do not have any guarantee or a roll probability, that they are no different than any other mod.

Why would you assume anything else?

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36597 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    they are showing you the stats you are purchasing, so there are not odds to reveal.

That might make sense if people didn't upgrade mods. Nobody cares if they have a level 15 mod with +6 speed, they care about what the eventual speed will be once they fully upgrade the mod. But I hear where you're coming from, lawyer speak and what not, make it sound like this ISN'T just gambling.

I guess it is lawyer speak, but that's because the question was speaking to a law that requires the statistics on purchased items to be listed. But this doesn't apply here because there are no odds in this pack you are buying what is shown.

this is the same as buying a toons packs, there is no guarantee that the toon you get will have any use beyond what you can see at the time of purchase.

I was just trying to clarify that we shouldn't confuse the 2 things when talking about what needs to be done "legally".

I thought they did list odds on character packs, when the possibility of shards is a range.

Let’s say a character pack offers 5-330 character shards. You buy the pack and then it auto rolls for you and the odds of how many shards you get are listed by clicking the odds tab.

How is that different than these mod packs, aside from the fact that when you buy the mod pack you have to manually roll to find out how the mod ends up?

There’s still a range involved in what you purchase and what you end up with, it’s not a what you see is what you get.

not when its a guaranteed number of shards. This is similar to that, not the 5-330 packs.

These packs and the ones with guaranteed number of shards list exactly what you are buying and are therefore not subject to those laws.

Ok, so you’re saying when someone buys one of these mod packs, it’s what you see is what you get and there is zero element of chance after the purchase?

So when you buy one of these packs, those mods do not and can not be upgraded with chance rolls?

No, there is no, zero, zilch degree of chance in the purchase, which needs to be revealed, because that is what the law pertains too. they make no guarantees or anything about the evolution of your purchase after it is made. just like any purchase you make without a warranty.

Kyno, but do you “feel” they should display the odds of the future potential of the mod, to be open, honest, and fair to the players, or continue to always use non-disclosure unless there is a specific law that requires otherwise?

wq7jkrbfsp1i.jpeg

Honestly, I am a data junkie when it comes to information, but statistics for things like this dont really serve a purpose. It doesnt change the outcome. Knowing what the rate of upgrade is not helpful since we have no way to gain advantage from knowing, it doesnt change how we farm, choose to upgrade or anything relevant to the mod itself.

I also dont think that those being available for this would make any real changes to the number of purchases. Do you?

Kyno, I do agree with much of what you said, however I do feel, to be open and most fair to the player base, they could have added a simple statement on the purchase screen that the mods themselves do not have any guarantee or a roll probability, that they are no different than any other mod.

How about the fact that 2 of the packs say “great mods” on them and the most expensive pack says “powerful mods” on it.

What does that even mean?

Beats me. People should always do their research before buying something. Advertising is always deceptive.
  • Options
    Two points :

First kyno is right the pack is not subject to the law because you now what you buy. This is even more scandalous that CG use this kind of tricks to bypass the law.

Second the real problem is the people buying this kind of pack, i mean 80$ for 2 mods with only a starting +6 speed ?? What the hell is wrong with these people. I am so happy when i see post with 0 up speed. They deserve this kind of crap because of the toxicity they brought to the game.
  • TVF
    36597 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Y

wq7jkrbfsp1i.jpeg

How about the fact that 2 of the packs say “great mods” on them and the most expensive pack says “powerful mods” on it.

Beats me. People should always do their research before buying something. Advertising is always deceptive.

While I agree advertising can often be deceptive, it’s certainly not always deceptive and definitely not always this deceptive.

Mostly disagree.

I'm watching Super Size Me 2 atm and the entire industry does this.
  • TVF
    36597 posts Member
    Options
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    Two points :

First kyno is right the pack is not subject to the law because you now what you buy. This is even more scandalous that CG use this kind of tricks to bypass the law.

Second the real problem is the people buying this kind of pack, i mean 80$ for 2 mods with only a starting +6 speed ?? What the hell is wrong with these people. I am so happy when i see post with 0 up speed. They deserve this kind of crap because of the toxicity they brought to the game.

They who, the devs, the players buying, or the mods themselves?

Regardless, the only toxicity comes from the people complaining. Every single person posting here has the ability to ignore these packs like all other packs, and they are not affected by it one bit.
  • Options
    CAVEAT EMPTOR on these packs, do not buy them. I had two 6 speed mods and when I leveled them one stayed at 6 speed the other went to 9 speed. Epic waste of money. I regret spending. CG ought to be embarrassed but they won't be because they have no ethics or soul.
  • TVF
    36597 posts Member
    Options
    CAVEAT EMPTOR on these packs, do not buy them. I had two 6 speed mods and when I leveled them one stayed at 6 speed the other went to 9 speed. Epic waste of money. I regret spending. CG ought to be embarrassed but they won't be because they have no ethics or soul.

Again, what were you expecting?
  • Options

Again, what were you expecting?

I don't know, I should have known better. I figured with the high cost it was going to be another P2P thing to help OP GL Rey or Kilo
  • TVF
    36597 posts Member
    Options
    Y

wq7jkrbfsp1i.jpeg

While I agree advertising can often be deceptive, it’s certainly not always deceptive and definitely not always this deceptive.

Mostly disagree.

LOL ok, I certainly understand advertising and tricks. Not all products require tricks and deception in their advertising.

All I'm hearing is that you've been deceived in the past without even realizing it.
  • Options

wq7jkrbfsp1i.jpeg

It means the start with "great" base stats, as evidenced by the +6 speed rolls. these type of starting secondary rolls are very rare, that is what they are selling: designer base stats on mods. other than that, they are just mods that work like any other mod.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Y

wq7jkrbfsp1i.jpeg

Mostly disagree.

LOL ok, I certainly understand advertising and tricks. Not all products require tricks and deception in their advertising.

what are the "tricks and deception?" serious q

wq7jkrbfsp1i.jpeg

I don't understand why anyone would think these are somehow new, magical mods with guaranteed rolls that were introduced with no explanation that they were indeed some new type of mod that guaranteed good rolls
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Y

wq7jkrbfsp1i.jpeg

Mostly disagree.

wq7jkrbfsp1i.jpeg

I don't understand why anyone would think these are somehow new, magical mods with guaranteed rolls that were introduced with no explanation that they were indeed some new type of mod that guaranteed good rolls

Well mods are programmed when bought in stores or gained to already have a predetermined roll to them. How you upgrade it is irrelevant as it would just be the same mod in the end, ergo 3 levels at once or upgrade to 12.

People figured that CG, selling a pack of mods for $100, would include mods they programmed to have at least a certain amount of speed boosts to them or boosts to the stats they’re advertising.

I do agree though, expecting it without them telling us is setting yourself up for failure if you have any dealing with CG and their tactics just this year alone. Unless it’s spelled out for you, don’t assume they’re doing the right thing lol
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Two points :

by CG you mean everyone, every advertiser /seller of a product uses many ways to make something sounds good/or better than the alternative all of them are designed to skirt the laws that keep them in line about what they can and can't say.

you realize that to some people $80 isn't anything, right? and no, no one offering a service/product for free and giving those who can the ability to purchase things to support said business deserves any of this. its literally a choice they offer, why bring in toxicity at all? why not just be civil and constructive.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

wq7jkrbfsp1i.jpeg

why dont you tell us, since you think they are being overly deceptive, what do you think it means?
  • Options
    Two points :

by CG you mean everyone, every advertiser /seller of a product uses many ways to make something sounds good/or better than the alternative all of them are designed to skirt the laws that keep them in line about what they can and can't say.

you realize that to some people $80 isn't anything, right? and no, no one offering a service/product for free and giving those who can the ability to purchase things to support said business deserves any of this. its literally a choice they offer, why bring in toxicity at all? why not just be civil and constructive.

You are right i apologize for my rant (sincerely)

That being said I should not interfere in this forum that is dedicated to how CG roxx his game, listen to his community and try to make a great game not just a cash machine. Because it cant be both right, it can only be a cash machine. My bad.

Everything is awesome.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Two points :

You are right i apologize for my rant (sincerely)

That being said I should not interfere in this forum that is dedicated to how CG roxx his game, listen to his community and try to make a great game not just a cash machine. Because it cant be both right, it can only be a cash machine. My bad.

Everything is awesome.

or be civil and constructive, so we can all actually have conversations and try to reach our goal. but sure you can do what you said too and get nowhere. I'm pretty sure I didn't say it can't be both, I just dont expect it to be catered to my budget.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Y

wq7jkrbfsp1i.jpeg

Mostly disagree.

wq7jkrbfsp1i.jpeg

Well mods are programmed when bought in stores or gained to already have a predetermined roll to them. How you upgrade it is irrelevant as it would just be the same mod in the end, ergo 3 levels at once or upgrade to 12.

People figured that CG, selling a pack of mods for $100, would include mods they programmed to have at least a certain amount of speed boosts to them or boosts to the stats they’re advertising.

I do agree though, expecting it without them telling us is setting yourself up for failure if you have any dealing with CG and their tactics just this year alone. Unless it’s spelled out for you, don’t assume they’re doing the right thing lol

I'm confused, are you saying cg knows what each mods will end up as? So they know if that +6 speed will roll or not, or how many times?

@Kyno is this right?
  • KM1
    145 posts Member
    Options
    If only there were an option to not buy these.

If only there was an option for CG not selling out everythinh to be P2W. Now even Mods are sold. Soon there will be toons that you have to buy. Why not? CG would sell their mother (if it was not illegal)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Y

wq7jkrbfsp1i.jpeg

Mostly disagree.

wq7jkrbfsp1i.jpeg

They have stated that that is not how it works. they are not predetermined. they are rolled when you hit the upgrade button.

any assumption based on what you are saying is not based on any stated information.
  • Khyron
    43 posts Member
    Options
    They should have put a simple disclaimer along with these packs that no secondary stat is guaranteed to be maxed out upon upgrade of these mods.

That is all. Simple, to the point, and honest.

This cash grab is almost as bad as the subhumans hoarding PPE to sell on eBay during the pandemic. CG knows more people are at home and playing their game and released a purposely deceptive pack of mods in the hope of ripping people off.

Sorry to those who were tricked. I for one was not.

Do the right thing and put in a disclaimer about these mods having NO guarantee of any secondary stat being raised to max after purchase.
  • Options
    KM1 wrote: »
    If only there were an option to not buy these.

If only there was an option for CG not selling out everythinh to be P2W. Now even Mods are sold. Soon there will be toons that you have to buy. Why not? CG would sell their mother (if it was not illegal)

the point is you don't have to buy these mods, just like you don't have to buy the characters, or anything else in this game. I will never understand why people question a business selling a product. Is it because they also offer the same product for free, you just need to wait/work for it?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Khyron wrote: »
    They should have put a simple disclaimer along with these packs that no secondary stat is guaranteed to be maxed out upon upgrade of these mods.

That is all. Simple, to the point, and honest.

This cash grab is almost as bad as the subhumans hoarding PPE to sell on eBay during the pandemic. CG knows more people are at home and playing their game and released a purposely deceptive pack of mods in the hope of ripping people off.

Sorry to those who were tricked. I for one was not.

Do the right thing and put in a disclaimer about these mods having NO guarantee of any secondary stat being raised to max after purchase.

why would you think these mods are somehow different than every other mod in the game?