Kit Reveal: Finalizer

2Next

Replies

• Legend91 wrote: »
    Overall I really like it but I just can't understand why it has such underwhelming specials. Outside the 2 obvious abilities to always use (ultimate + reinforce) it seems to be far more appealing to use it's basic and call Silencer to assist than using one of the two specials. Could've definitely used some mass assist or some team cleanse there (maybe on that AoE special since it has a CD of 4 so it should have way more impact than it actually does).

Would you say a better option is a Malevolence fleet? In short I am close to maxing out Negotiator and need to figure out my next focus
  • Ultra
    11490 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »
    GA_Phoenix wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Unique: Two Steps Ahead

FINAL TEXT: At the start of battle the Finalizer gains 15 Speed for each other active First Order ally until the end of its first turn. All First Order allies active at the start of battle have +50% Max Health and have their Reinforcement abilities activated (debuffs from these abilities will not be inflicted).

First Order allies recover 25% Health when they critically hit an enemy. If a First Order ally defeats a Hunted enemy, that ally gains 25% Critical Damage (stacking, max 5 stacks) until the end of battle.
    eeodq8mptdxx.gif

KRU is going to single handedly destroy the meta

I think this is a bit aggressive. I know my r5 6dot mod KRU Tie Silencer is still one of the easiest to destroy ships out there. It'll have a lot more utility here but with no tanks the good fleets can probably wipe him really fast and that'll cripple this squad.

We'll see

R7 Silencer will have 170K Health due to the +50% Max health from Finalizers Unique and will heal itself for 42K with every crit he scores. Its one of the fastest ships out there and there are many options to make him even faster or let him attack out of turn to regenerate HP.
    Dont think he will be squishi in a Finalizer Fleet.

Let’s not forget the KRU will have Afterburner + Offense Up + Defense Penetration if finalizer goes first (seems like it will). This with command shuttle giving advantage and 100% TM should kill anyone with his special

Let's look at it from a Negotiator standpoint (which I'm familiar with... don't know about Malevolence). You'll get the opportunity to go first and wreck someone on the opposing team. If you target Anakin, you kill him, cause Unending Loyalty to go off, and put him in stealth. Now you can't hurt him and he's free to put the hurt on anyone in your squad. You're possibly going to get to go again, even with Tie Silencer potentially because of Command Shuttle feeding TM.

If your opponent's lineup has Ahsoka or Rex, you can kill either one of them pretty easily I imagine. But then Anakin gets a boosted attack, he may not get the TM gain but he'll still do a ton of damage. Might not kill Silencer in one hit, but probably could take out any of the other ships since there's really no tank. If you do have HT in the lineup, he can put buff immunity and healing immunity on it with his AoE which also does big damage to everyone else. Either way you'll have a huge chunk of damage taken off of pretty much everyone, especially if you have HT because you get less FO boosts with him in the starting lineup. Negotiator is free to put Unending Loyalty back up on Anakin and it starts again.

If your opponent starts with a lineup of Fives, HT, and Anakin, you may not be able to kill any of them in your opening hits, Fives is really tanky at high levels.

Combine all this with the fact that CG essentially refers to the fleet as a "second fleet for GAC or TW" and I'm not sure this one ends up unseating the top two of Malevolence and Negotiator. Maybe it's better than the HMF Rebels fleets, but probably not. It's a cool fleet and I like it certainly more than the Raddus, but I'm not holding my breath that suddenly this turns all the First Order ships (which were not great by any stretch of the imagination) into the top dog

https://youtu.be/8FRgVgfNslI

Don't question my boy kylo again
  • Ultra
    11490 posts Moderator
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Overall I really like it but I just can't understand why it has such underwhelming specials. Outside the 2 obvious abilities to always use (ultimate + reinforce) it seems to be far more appealing to use it's basic and call Silencer to assist than using one of the two specials. Could've definitely used some mass assist or some team cleanse there (maybe on that AoE special since it has a CD of 4 so it should have way more impact than it actually does).

Yeah I always opt for basic over his other two specials.

Offense down AOE seems useful when a lot of enemy ships are in play and all of them are about to go or you have daze on your team or one of your ships is about to die soon and is dazed but very situational on when to use it

Just don't think the AOE that does more damage for each hunted enemy is that good, and not a fan of AI choosing that special over basic
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member

Would you say a better option is a Malevolence fleet? In short I am close to maxing out Negotiator and need to figure out my next focus

Malevolence is definitely the better overall option for pvp. The Finalizer is great as an offense option to beat those Ackbar fleets in GAC / TW.
    For the future raid we'll have to see which of the 2 offense monsters (Malevolence, Finalizer) is going to be performing better. Both have an increadible dmg potential with Melevolance now having all Vultures assisting on buzz droided enemies (not to forget the Geo Spy swarm attack with all the overcharge on the field - that's just brutal) and the Finalizer ramping up Silencers dmg through the roof (with killing several hunted enemies and getting the full 5 stack bonus for +125% CD I could see the Silencer delivering 1mio+ crits with his special).
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Hortus
    621 posts Member

Maybe because it's enough? It's already completely shuts down rebels and kills Negotiators on offense without fully maxed fleet. And we still don't know if other FO ships will be introduced. Let's suggest, for example, that GL will come with their ships - it can completely redefine the entire faction fleet as HMF did with rebels.
  • Ultra
    11490 posts Moderator
    edited March 2020
    Delete post
  • In excelent
  • I don't know whether to cry or close my wallet over that Ultimate ****😭😥😢😡