40th Anniversary of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes

Replies

• Dagonsith wrote: »
    Make the empire great again.
    Vader rework
    Stormtrooper rework
    Hell gimme a gar Saxon and imperial supercomando rework.

Rework those less used toons and I'll be happy.

If it's a death star raid with even just one level for ships then ground troops on endor I'll be pumped

Or, maybe rework Lando Calrissian and Lobot. And maybe add Cloud City Han/Carbonite Han (or both) just to add some more Han's. Would be great to give some use to such an iconic character like Lando.
  • Kelarn
    161 posts Member
    Maybe some Piett!
  • Likely something along the lines of....Tie Bomber, imperial guard rework, maybe another hunter or two (zuckass and 4-Lom).
    Unlike but exciting would be hoth Luke or maybe even a vehicle mode!
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Dagonsith wrote: »
    Vader rework
    Stormtrooper rework

If it's a death star raid with even just one level for ships then ground troops on endor I'll be pumped

It's ESB! So I expect rework of RO Leia, Cpt Han, Lando, Ugnaught and Lobot!
  • Antario wrote: »
    Vader rework
    Stormtrooper rework

It's CG! So I expect nothing.

This helps mitigate disappointment.
  • Pille
    125 posts Member
    I also expect nothing but random new toons with no use at all...and again there will be no new content...but a lot of packs...swgoh died long ago
  • It wouldn't be GL Luke/Vader.

Red 5 is a possibly.

Vader rework would be great, along with General Veers, Stormtrooper, Snowtrooper and perhaps Colonel Strack. Heck the lot, apart from Emperor and Thrawn.
  • Jenjhys
    272 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Antario wrote: »
    Vader rework
    Stormtrooper rework

It's CG so we should have a pack with training droide and 80 shard for Lando at 79$!!!
  • I expect new characters, coming along with reworks leading to the new GL (related to ROTJ) later this year.
  • I'm sure it will be more ships.
    • snowspeeder
    • tie bomber
    • X-wing for CLS

Not sure about 4-LOM and Zuckus..we already ahve two full BH teams, but if the new Mando chars have BH tags as well, they could be needed to round out 3 BH teams.

My guess is the above ships (can't think of others from the movie) and probably reworks for a bunch of ESB characters.

They talked about vehicles before...maybe we get some. Is a tauntaun a vehicle? :D
  • LastJedi13 wrote: »
    They talked about vehicles before...maybe we get some. Is a tauntaun a vehicle? :D

I would like to think so
    That's Mr. Oops to you!
  • The New Hope celebration was just titles and portraits if I remember correctly. That might be the extent of this one as well.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    LastJedi13 wrote: »

I would like to think so

Or is it a bed?
  • Nauros wrote: »
    LastJedi13 wrote: »

I would like to think so

Or is it a bed?

tm5415hyg5lc.gif
    That's Mr. Oops to you!
  • I think CG tends to shy away from reworks. From a return on investment perspective: they don't make as much money.

That being said, all the ESB characters need reworks besides CLS, Hoda, Han, Chewbacca, and the Bounty Hunters.

Other characters needing reworks that I haven't seen mentioned much in this thread (or at all):
    IPD
    Wampa

Other possible new characters:
    Luke's X-wing
    Han on TaunTaun (I would say Luke, but there are so many Luke's in the game already)
    Snowtrooper with E-WEB
    Mynock
    Scrappy Pilot Han
    Jedi Training Luke (with Hoda on his back)
    Rebel Hero Chewbacca (with C3PO on his back)
    Han in Carbonite
  • Han on TaunTaun (I would say Luke, but there are so many Luke's in the game already)

Actually, there are only 2 Lukes in the game (Farmboy and CLS). There are already 5 Hans (Raid, CHS, STHan, Vet Han, Young Han).
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    M.E.G.A
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    M.E.G.A

Make Ewoks Great Again!
  • Touch ups to Bossk, Dengar, 88, & Boba?
    4-LOM & Zuckuss? We're getting Greef and Mando, give us even more spice to BH.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I think CG tends to shy away from reworks. From a return on investment perspective: they don't make as much money.

They do? and they dont?

reworks are usually done on characters that didn't have much use before meaning that unless you were an older player you dont have them anywhere near a usable state. Where is the bread and butter at, gear and speeding up farms...... yeah reworks dont encourage those at all.

they have done a lot of reworks, yes they are usually tied to a bigger plan, but that doesn't mean they shy away, unless you mean they dont just do them regularly, or without a faction pass or something to that nature, which is different than shying away.
  • Red 5 standing by

Let’s get greedy with our dreams: Red 5, super star destroyer and tie bombers. Reworks for Lando, Lobot and Vader

Reality: daily release of $100 packs for a week
  • LastJedi13 wrote: »
    I'm sure it will be more ships.
    • snowspeeder
    • tie bomber
    • X-wing for CLS

Not sure about 4-LOM and Zuckus..we already ahve two full BH teams, but if the new Mando chars have BH tags as well, they could be needed to round out 3 BH teams.

My guess is the above ships (can't think of others from the movie) and probably reworks for a bunch of ESB characters.

Would be great for 4-LOM and Zuckus, as well as TIE Bomber and CLS X-Wing, but Snowspeeder is more of a land vehicle (Like Luke's speeder), so it wouldn't make sense to add it. The ships now are only those that can fly in space. Same reason why the speeder bikes and stuff don't exist. It would be great to see a ground ships battle, with snowspeeders, speeder bikes, even AT-AT's and Clone Tanks. But not in this update, I want them to add a Droid Gunship as well as a Tri-Bomber. And then Spider Droid and Hailfire Tank for the ground ships. Maybe for the Clone Wars rework time.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    If CG decides to do something more than just minor gifts/expensive packs for ESB, they have a great variety of things they could do.

New Characters: Admiral Piett, Captain Needa, 4-Lom, Zuckuss, General Reiken
    New Ships: Tie Bomber, Executor Super Star Destroyer, Red 5, Bespin Cloud Car (if the ship can actually go into space)
    Tune Ups/Reworks: Captain Solo, Rebel Leia, Wedge, Hoth Scout/Soldier, Veers, Snowtrooper
    Bonus Hoth TB during the month during a TW week

• Sice71 wrote: »
    Us F2P players need more events to catch up to the paid players. I actually started this game 2 years after it came out, so I'm super far behind. Only at 2.3 million GP

Behind who? your arena opponents started when you did, and you GAC opponents have similar Top/total GP as you. Catching up to others is a myth, and having that mythical thing be a goal is what gets people discouraged in this game. Its a journey, and you are on it. Only way to speed it up is money.

Behind the game itself I'd guess.