Darth Revan or SLKR

Prev1
jawa7778
283 posts Member
edited April 2020
Hey everyone. So I’m at the point where I can go for either Darth Revan or SLKR. I’ve been saving crystals to buy the packs for darth Revan that give a lot of characters and shards. The pack for 2450 crystals. But now I am doubting myself. I have a feeling that I have to buy a bunch of these packs to make it worthwhile. I only have 1 or the 5 Darth Revan characters unlocked, so I need the packs to get started. But I have more progress towards SLKR than Darth Revan, so I wonder should I devote my energy and crystals to gear for SLKR or shards for Darth Revan?
My Characters: https://swgoh.gg/p/725233668/characters/
Post edited by jawa7778 on

Replies

• Go for one of the two strongest characters in the game, or go for an older meta?

Go for a character that can solo raids or go for a character that can unlock another character to make the team good once youve invested into another characters team?

Go for a character that will eventually requure you to stockpile GET1 so you can complete the team or go for a character that you can farm easier with tickets?

Is your question even real or are you trolling cause I sure fell for it :p
  • Go for one of the two strongest characters in the game, or go for an older meta?

Go for a character that can solo raids or go for a character that can unlock another character to make the team good once youve invested into another characters team?

Go for a character that will eventually requure you to stockpile GET1 so you can complete the team or go for a character that you can farm easier with tickets?

No, this question is serious. I'm technically closer to unlocking Kylo then I am for Revan, but I still have a lot of work for Kylo.
  • ZAP wrote: »
    SLK will require a ton more G12 pieces and relics and unless you have all 12 required chars at 7*, then some shards as well.

Also, the 2450 pack is an amazing value compared to most things in this game, especially if you don’t have any of the 5 at 7*.

So, it's not like a chromium pack where you have to buy numerous to get real value?
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    jawa7778 wrote: »
    Go for one of the two strongest characters in the game, or go for an older meta?

No, this question is serious. I'm technically closer to unlocking Kylo then I am for Revan, but I still have a lot of work for Kylo.

You're underestimating the requirements for SLKR. You're underestimating them A LOT.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Go for one of the two strongest characters in the game, or go for an older meta?

You're underestimating the requirements for SLKR. You're underestimating them A LOT.

I know the requirements are tough but I’m pretty sure I can handle it.

Good thing that there are people who think like you and I get some easy opponents in ga... They have full r7 on their gs team but miss 3 previous metas so I play with them. What about a kid that for whatever reason missed 1st grade and asked you should I go to first grade and learn how to add 1+1 or go to second grade and learn how to multiply? Would you tell him why learn to add?

OP just get DR then Malak, then GS if you do not have him and then see what you can do with GL characters. It's always best to have every good character in this game no matter how far behind you are. Even if you started a new account and you were a super kraken the best way to play the game would be to get every good character from cls, gmy, chewbacca, even jtr all the way to gl.
  • As ahnalds stream just showed, GAS can beat SLKR 1v5 even after the rest of the 501st have died. So In the time and resources it would take to get SLKR, you could probably get both Revans, GAS and padme which will be much more useful for GAC and TB/TW
  • TaTaKaS wrote: »

Good thing that there are people who think like you and I get some easy opponents in ga... They have full r7 on their gs team but miss 3 previous metas so I play with them. What about a kid that for whatever reason missed 1st grade and asked you should I go to first grade and learn how to add 1+1 or go to second grade and learn how to multiply? Would you tell him why learn to add?

OP just get DR then Malak, then GS if you do not have him and then see what you can do with GL characters. It's always best to have every good character in this game no matter how far behind you are. Even if you started a new account and you were a super kraken the best way to play the game would be to get every good character from cls, gmy, chewbacca, even jtr all the way to gl.

That advice makes sense, but the problem is that I am super far away from Darth Revan. I'd like to think that I could get Supreme Leader Kylo Ren, then move up in arena rank and earn more crystals, then reinvest those crystals into Darth Revan.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »

You're joking right?
    Seems like your guild is doing heroic sith raid but your roster pretty much lacks everything so you must be getting a very low rank in the sith raid (40+ I guess). The rewards there just suck and are not even close to being sufficient to build up any notable stack of g12, g12+ and finisher pieces that are required to gear up all the 12 chars to g13. On top of that it's not only the gearing from g12 to g13 but also the gearing up to g11 which includes countless amounts of stun guns, cuffs, carbs, etc. Your arena ranks are also not providing any significant amount of crystals with 60 crystals for 201-500 in squad arena and 100 for 11-20 IF you can get there which you seem to struggle with. So that's 160 crystals a day at best. A single g12+ piece costs 6500 crystals..or kyros at 1400 for 50 which you'll need A LOT aswell.
    Dude, I don't wanna sound demoralizing here but the tl;dr advice for you would be:
    1) get JKR and build up a solid Jedi team
    2) get DR and build up SE
    3) get Malak
    4) get GAS (you'll build up Padme + Grievous in the process which are also top tier teams)
    5) forget about GL Rey + Kylo and maybe start hoarding for the next GL pair
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    But I have more progress towards SLKR than Darth Revan...

It depends on what you mean by "more progress"...

Having all toons required for SLKR already unlocked is not "more progress"
    Having all toons required for SLKR already at 7 stars is not "more progress"
    Having all toons required for SLKR already reliced might be "more progress"..

And don't forget the ships....
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

The requirements are set in stone. Either you know you are closer or you don't. Sounds like you don't.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I would have to agree with some of the above, if your roster is not at a place to have DR and malak, you are not "close" to the GLs.

it sounds like you are a newer player, which means the relics alone will be a huge undertaking, because you do not have stockpiles of gear to burn through just to get up to r4, which is "the easy part".

I would say to stay focused on more medium/short term plans like DR and the like before focusing on GLs.
  • jawa7778
    283 posts Member
    edited April 2020

You're joking right?
    Seems like your guild is doing heroic sith raid but your roster pretty much lacks everything so you must be getting a very low rank in the sith raid (40+ I guess). The rewards there just suck and are not even close to being sufficient to build up any notable stack of g12, g12+ and finisher pieces that are required to gear up all the 12 chars to g13. On top of that it's not only the gearing from g12 to g13 but also the gearing up to g11 which includes countless amounts of stun guns, cuffs, carbs, etc. Your arena ranks are also not providing any significant amount of crystals with 60 crystals for 201-500 in squad arena and 100 for 11-20 IF you can get there which you seem to struggle with. So that's 160 crystals a day at best. A single g12+ piece costs 6500 crystals..or kyros at 1400 for 50 which you'll need A LOT aswell.
    Dude, I don't wanna sound demoralizing here but the tl;dr advice for you would be:
    3) get Malak
    4) get GAS (you'll build up Padme + Grievous in the process which are also top tier teams)

Thanks for sharing. You've given me something to think about. Do you think the Revan packs for 2450 are worth it? Also, how did you know so much about me?
  • Kyno wrote: »
    I would have to agree with some of the above, if your roster is not at a place to have DR and malak, you are not "close" to the GLs.

it sounds like you are a newer player, which means the relics alone will be a huge undertaking, because you do not have stockpiles of gear to burn through just to get up to r4, which is "the easy part".

I would say to stay focused on more medium/short term plans like DR and the like before focusing on GLs.

I'm actually been playing for about 3 years, and I've just taken big breaks and missed the Revan metas. I already have some reliced characters, so although it is a long grind, I'm managing it. Otherwise though, this thread has given me something to think about where I want to go next.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member

You're joking right?
    3) get Malak

Thanks for sharing. You've given me something to think about. Do you think the Revan packs for 2450 are worth it? Also, how did you know so much about me?

Yes, they are actually worth it unless you would already have several of the chars at 7*. But if you're lacking most of the chars the pack is a good deal as ZAP pointed out.
    Many people are registered at swgoh.gg so often times you can search up people there.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    I mean, just post your progress towards SLKR and we will know what's the better option for you.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Legend91 wrote: »

You're joking right?
    3) get Malak

Yes, they are actually worth it unless you would already have several of the chars at 7*. But if you're lacking most of the chars the pack is a good deal as ZAP pointed out.
    Many people are registered at swgoh.gg so often times you can search up people there.

Yeah. I have HK-47 at 7 star and Bastilla Shan(Fallen) at 2 star. Everyone else is not unlocked.
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    I mean, just post your progress towards SLKR and we will know what's the better option for you.

https://swgoh.gg/p/725233668/characters/
  • jawa7778 wrote: »
    TaTaKaS wrote: »

That advice makes sense, but the problem is that I am super far away from Darth Revan. I'd like to think that I could get Supreme Leader Kylo Ren, then move up in arena rank and earn more crystals, then reinvest those crystals into Darth Revan.

Have you even gotten JKR or previous meta characters? Those characters are supposed to be end-game for a reason. Go with the progression of the game, don't try to get ahead and end up being disappointed when you can't defeat anyone in GAC.
  • jawa7778 wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »

https://swgoh.gg/p/725233668/characters/

I just looked at this, and let me tell you, you are very, very, very far away from any GL characters. You need to at least work on JKR, DR, Padme, Chewbacca, and their respective teams at the very least before going for SLKR.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Yeah, this isn't a "one or the other" situation. Darth Revan is easier to obtain by several orders of magnitude.

Just get DR. You don't need to worry about GLs until you have every legendary and journey character taken care of, imo.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »

You're joking right?
    3) get Malak

I took a break and missed the JKR meta, so when I came back I focused on other things that I was closer to like 3po, chewie and padme. Then I went back to grind JKR and that 2450 pack really speeds it up. If you get 100 shards, that’s 24.5 crystals per shard which is far better than the standard 80 crystals per shard.

Big if though.
  • Going to a GL before having a fully fleshed out roster is a bad idea. They require so many relics and gear to get, which will take an extremely long time, and will hurt you in all areas of the game. I would advise you to work on easy characters first, like DR, before pursuing the black hole of gear and relics that are the GLs
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

You're joking right?
    3) get Malak

I took a break and missed the JKR meta, so when I came back I focused on other things that I was closer to like 3po, chewie and padme. Then I went back to grind JKR and that 2450 pack really speeds it up. If you get 100 shards, that’s 24.5 crystals per shard which is far better than the standard 80 crystals per shard.

Big if though.

No it’s not a big if, I’ve gotten over 100 shards 5/6 times I bought it and like 98 the other time.

Even if you get the worst pull possible, 56+25, that’s 81 shards.

I guess I'm confused about what pack this is then. The only JKR one I saw for 2450 was one that gave 5-50 of several characters plus one two star character guaranteed.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    The odds of a 5 are only 2.42%, which probably explains why you haven't seen one. 10 is 36.32%.

Worst case would be 35 crystal / shard. You're right, that's an excellent deal.

EDIT: Odds on that 50 are 1.21%. Nice pull!

This discussion has been closed.