Ads

Replies

• returnoftheewok
    469 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Pay to win players are going to have a fit seeing these ads, their profits are going to mean less and less to EA, and actually can hinder their profits. Think about it, if p2p take over this game it would definitely turn f2p players off which =less ads seen, but if f2p players can still compete their is a potential for a huge base of players that will make big profits for them on a daily.
  • I've only seen ads for EA games so far which makes sense. Doesn't bother me too much just a look and tap away.
  • Xyo
    52 posts Member
    Stop complaining about everything! nobody will die by spending less than a second by clicking the freaking X... Be thankful that they didn't make us wait 10 or 15 seconds to close the ad.
    925-327-551
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Yes, nobody complain about anything, ever. We are only paying customers. We have no basis to ever say anything about what we don't like. We must continue to spend money and be grateful for whatever scraps are thrown to us.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Kaat wrote: »
    One ad is not a big deal. However this is EA, if no one says anything they will assume we are ok with ads and they will keep adding more.

This is exactly why we should complain, he's right

Sure, 1 isn't too bad
    But it'll turn into watching a video before every battle if we say nothing
  • I've only seen ads for EA games so far which makes sense. Doesn't bother me too much just a look and tap away.

I think they should start giving us more ads, the more they make the more they can spend on the development of the game.
  • Ads are great, it's a way for them to make an extra income without dealing with the complaining of the barriss users and to show them that really their money doesn't mean as much as they think it does. Go to my old threads and I always said they can always go down the ad route. They'll make more money off f2p players with ads, than p2p players.
  • I've already invested in this game as well and also do NOT appreciate ads. I can accept announcements of new packs or in-store sales, but not unrelated ads. Ads do not belong when someone has already paid for in-game items. That is just wrong.
  • As far as I can tell they are letting me click the "X" to close the advertisement for free.

Until that changes I have no complaints.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Internal ads make them no money.... Just as a point of reference for the topic

But I doubt your going to get non ea ads in a game ever , mainly due to Disney license agreements which are very detailed ;)
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Vampire_X wrote: »
    Internal ads make them no money.... Just as a point of reference for the topic

But I doubt your going to get non ea ads in a game ever , mainly due to Disney license agreements which are very detailed ;)

Of course ti does, even if they're only advertising their own merch, advertisement=sales which=dollars. Like I said pay to win guys will have a fit.

• Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    edited December 2015
    Madden is free.....on mobile :expressionless:

And not mad , and ewok let the personal attacks on paid people go furry little buddy - when you weigh in is pretty much the admin death call, which is kinda a special ability :smiley:

I think offering items or gems for ads would be ok actually 8) and I'll take hate for that, transformers battle tactics which is a horrible game now btw don't do it!!!! But still Im still in The top 10 there ;) little plug for the reapers! They do play tokens for watching 5 ads with a max of 5 tokens a day max which everyone uses and must make them decent cash but ads with no incentive not as good and is an eyesore

Seeeee take the hate away and discussions happen!

And not mad , and ewok let the personal attacks on paid people go furry little buddy - when you weigh in is pretty much the admin death call, which is kinda a special ability :smiley:

I think offering items or gems for ads would be ok actually 8) and I'll take hate for that, transformers battle tactics which is a horrible game now btw don't do it!!!! But still Im still in The top 10 there ;) little plug for the reapers! They do play tokens for watching 5 ads with a max of 5 tokens a day max which everyone uses and must make them decent cash but ads with no incentive not as good and is an eyesore

Vampire_X wrote: »

So according to you they're only going to promote madden right :D, and madden has nothing you can purchase on it lololol. And no we dont even deserve items or gems for ads, this is a free mobile download game, there should be ads.

• Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Sigh

Ok ewok, you can't help but insult and be rude

Never said it would only be, disagree a mobile game must have ads, you ignored the rest of the post to be a **** and then laughed a bunch about a civil topic okie

Sorry tried to engage with you and move past the old stuff but this is why you fight with people your going out of the way to disagree when no one really is

• returnoftheewok
    469 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Sigh

Never said it would only be, disagree a mobile game must have ads, you ignored the rest of the post to be a **** and then laughed a bunch about a civil topic okie

Sorry tried to engage with you and move past the old stuff but this is why you fight with people your going out of the way to disagree when no one really is

"Madden is free.....on mobile"

You said this to try and disprove my theory about them being able to make money. Why write this if you're not basically saying that they wouldn't add any more different ads. What is the purpose of this statement?

You also said this without quoting me to try and get one up on me ! "Internal ads make them no money.... Just as a point of reference for the topic"", by trying to act like they won't make any profits, and that the pay to win players will be held to such a high standard that they will be forced to give you guys extreme compesnations for barriss nerfs. This is just not the case, I predicted ads didnt I? If you didnt see me post it go look at my thread history.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    edited December 2015
    Kumbaya my lord, no worries friend
    Sigh

"Madden is free.....on mobile"

You said this to try and disprove my theory about them being able to make money. Why write this if you're not basically saying that they wouldn't add any more different ads. What is the purpose of this statement?

You also said this without quoting me to try and get one up on me ! "Internal ads make them no money.... Just as a point of reference for the topic"", by trying to act like they won't make any profits, and that the pay to win players will be held to such a high standard that they will be forced to give you guys extreme compesnations for barriss nerfs. This is just not the case, I predicted ads didnt I? If you didnt see me post it go look at my thread history.

I've spent a fair bit on this game, and couldn't care less about the 1 or 2 ads I've seen. I am even rooted, so I could sic Adaway on 'em if I really wanted. They're super unobtrusive, so this entire thread is kind of moot.

But to your point, as the game's life goes on and on, we'll probably see a loosening of the energy generation rate in an attempt to keep leaving players, and more ads shown as an attempt to further monitize those that stay.
  • returnoftheewok
    469 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Kumbaya my lord, no worries friend

Thank you mod for editing his post, i dindt get to read what he originally wrote, but I think it was another attempt to belittle f2p players, and act like f2p players have 0 input, and can't make the devs any money.
  • Predicting ads in a "free" game is kind of like saying "There will be weather tomorrow".
    Just saying..

Can't we all just get along?
  • BentWookie wrote: »
    Predicting ads in a "free" game is kind of like saying "There will be weather tomorrow".
    Just saying..

It's hard to get along with pay to win players that cant accept that free players can make money for the devs too, and that our input does mean something to devs.
    Predicting ads in a "free" game is kind of like saying "There will be weather tomorrow".
    Just saying..

It's hard to get along with pay to win players that cant accept that free players can make money for the devs too, and that our input does mean something to devs.

</. Forrest Gump voice>

My Momma taught me "not to look at people as "P2P" or "F2P" because everyone has something valuable to bring to the table..."

She also taught me that " people are a lot like a box of chocolates, you never really know what you have until you stick your finger in the bottom"

My Momma was a very smart person...

/. FG off

• Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    I did not insult f2p I made flippant comment towards you personally and spoke to the mod it's all good now, I can accept I was wrong to be a **** and upset with you

I love gamers and f2p or not doesn't impact ads...the topic is ads not f2p or p2p , I don't mind ads if they bring value to the gamers , I think all players would love more gems to play if they could choose ads as opposed to being forced on them for nothing

I think cg/ea should be successful and hope they make a lot of money because the team is not huge and I love that they value work life balance and heard good things from the guys who worked contract jobs with them and something about ghost guy and coffee ?!? ;) you know who you are!
  • I heard that EA has free coffee and 3 ply toilet paper in all the employee bathrooms paid for with the $$ they got from the Barriss Pack.

I applied immediately.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Wait till the four loco ad pop and then you will understand how that fridge in the break room is so popular......say waaaaaaa :hushed:
    I heard that EA has free coffee and 3 ply toilet paper in all the employee bathrooms paid for with the $$ they got from the Barriss Pack.

I applied immediately.

Yeah but EA only supplies their devs 1 ply, and they have to work 28 hour shifts in a windowless basement. Oh, and instead of free coffee they get free water and stale bread
  • Idk how that argument above has any place here but
    The point is, ads make money
    That's needed if people aren't spending
    If we are,we paid our dues, don't show ads

Is the current ad for madden obtrusive? No
    So why make a big Deal? Because it's possibly a test run
    EA is throwing a weak ad at us to see our reaction
    If we are okay with it, they may put more ads, and make them more obtrusive
    We have to stop ads before they get bigger and annoying
    EA_jesse, why not tell us why ads are in the game?

I don't think anyone cares we got a silly ad, but we care that there might be more ads in the future
  • Xyo wrote: »
    Stop complaining about everything! nobody will die by spending less than a second by clicking the freaking X... Be thankful that they didn't make us wait 10 or 15 seconds to close the ad.

That's going to be what they do next
  • Yeah but EA only supplies their devs 1 ply, and they have to work 28 hour shifts in a windowless basement. Oh, and instead of free coffee they get free water and stale bread

:D

Also, since this is an off-topic board... My KOTOR name is better. B) I've seen a Carth (just Carth) and that's about it. There's a guy with a Darth Nihilus avatar, too. Nothing from first KOTOR that I've seen, though. Not even a Revan or Bastila. :(
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Pay to win players are going to have a fit seeing these ads, their profits are going to mean less and less to EA, and actually can hinder their profits. Think about it, if p2p take over this game it would definitely turn f2p players off which =less ads seen, but if f2p players can still compete their is a potential for a huge base of players that will make big profits for them on a daily.

And you say you aren't a Troll? By attacking p2w players unprovoked on a completely different topic? Seriously what is your problem? How does them spending money on a game effect you at all, are you jealous of their wallets or something?
  • Pay to win players are going to have a fit seeing these ads, their profits are going to mean less and less to EA, and actually can hinder their profits. Think about it, if p2p take over this game it would definitely turn f2p players off which =less ads seen, but if f2p players can still compete their is a potential for a huge base of players that will make big profits for them on a daily.

And you say you aren't a Troll? By attacking p2w players unprovoked on a completely different topic? Seriously what is your problem? How does them spending money on a game effect you at all, are you jealous of their wallets or something?

I saw several pay to win players cry about the ads, so I made that comment. And no I'm not jealous at all of their wallets, I have plenty of money and I can easily spend it to boost my stats but what's the fun in that? Pay to win players like yourself have this attitude of superiority and you think that f2p players have 0 input and that we get to play this game because of the pay to win players, you couldnt be more wrong.
This discussion has been closed.