Kit Reveal: Cara Dune

Prev1
CG_SBCrumb
604 posts EA Community Manager
edited April 21
lslwranyyzxl.png


UNIT NAME: Cara Dune
ALIGNMENT: Light
CATEGORIES: Light side, Tank, Rebel, Scoundrel
A Scoundrel/Rebel Tank who gains benefits when being led by either.

[Developer Insight - Kit Reveal]

ABILITIES:

Basic: BAR ROOM BRAWLER

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If there is a Scoundrel ally in the leader slot, Cara Dune gains Stealth until the end of her next turn. If there is a Rebel ally in the leader slot, Cara Dune loses Stealth and gains Taunt for 2 turns.

Special 1: IMPROVISED STRATEGY (Cooldown 2)

FINAL TEXT: Cara Dune gains Potency Up for 1 turn then deals Physical damage to all enemies and removes 50% of their Turn Meter. Empire enemies are Stunned for 1 turn.

Unique 1: INFILTRATOR

FINAL TEXT: While Stealthed, Cara Dune has +100% critical chance and +50% critical damage. When Cara Dune loses Taunt, she gains Stealth for 1 turn at the start of her next turn.

Unique 2: EX-REBEL SHOCK TROOPER

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Cara Dune gains Critical Hit Immunity for 2 turns and +100% Turn Meter whenever an Empire enemy is defeated, and half that amount for non-Empire enemies. If Cara Dune has Potency Up when she is defeated, she is revived with 50% of her Max Health and gains Potency Up for 1 turn.

Replies

  • I can see her doing well in the Hoth TB.
  • CamaroAMF
    1067 posts Member
    So what happens when she uses her basic and it’s ST Han lead?

    Copied from the developer insights post:
    If you put a Rebel who is also a Scoundrel in the leader slot, Han Solo for instance, Cara Dune will gain stealth first but immediately lose it due to the Rebel lead so there effectively no advantage to having both faction categories in the leader slot
  • So what happens when she uses her basic and it’s ST Han lead?
    Read the developer insights. They cancel each other out.
  • Alright, didn’t read that part. Thanks by the way!
  • flux_rono
    1333 posts Member
    So what happens when she uses her basic and it’s ST Han lead?

    she gains taunt. taunt has priority over stealth
  • Alright, didn’t read that part. Thanks by the way!

    No problem!
  • Good toon for anyone doing Hoth. Maybe we see her utility shine when the celebration of ESB takes place.
  • Where are the skill animations for the two new characters?
    Lets be honest, Lego Star Wars the Skywalker saga is going to be more polished, fun and overall better than Swgoh could ever be
  • From this, not very impressive; only having Potency Up half the time really hurts the viability of her self-revive.
  • So basically she's a tank for rebel, and an attacker for scoundrels? Interesting.
  • "Ex-Rebel Shock Trooper" Kind of oxymoronic, no? Shock troopers are an imperial unit. As read in this format, it is saying she is not long a rebel, but now a shock trooper. Is my syntax off?
  • HK22
    571 posts Member
    Her kit is very underwhelming compared to Karga's. The anti-Empire stun/tm removal could be good if Empire was used more defensively, but most of the time I see them on offense. However, should CG decide to give the Empire some love next month because of ESB's anniversary then her kit might be of greater use to players. Time will tell.
  • jawa7778
    269 posts Member
    edited April 21
    Pengwin479 wrote: »
    "Ex-Rebel Shock Trooper" Kind of oxymoronic, no? Shock troopers are an imperial unit. As read in this format, it is saying she is not long a rebel, but now a shock trooper. Is my syntax off?
    Technically, you may be right grammar wise, but shock trooper isn't an Imperial term. Shock trooper is a general term used by various military groups. The Empire had them, as did the Republic. Also, **** used German shock troopers in World War II. I believe it's just a term for a special forces group better than normal infantry.
  • HK22 wrote: »
    Her kit is very underwhelming compared to Karga's. The anti-Empire stun/tm removal could be good if Empire was used more defensively, but most of the time I see them on offense. However, should CG decide to give the Empire some love next month because of ESB's anniversary then her kit might be of greater use to players. Time will tell.

    Yeah. I expect this is hinting at future Empire content, I just don't know where they are going with it. I feel like we already have all the Empire troops from the movies. My hope is for inquisitors or Moff Gideon.
  • HK22
    571 posts Member
    jawa7778 wrote: »
    HK22 wrote: »
    Her kit is very underwhelming compared to Karga's. The anti-Empire stun/tm removal could be good if Empire was used more defensively, but most of the time I see them on offense. However, should CG decide to give the Empire some love next month because of ESB's anniversary then her kit might be of greater use to players. Time will tell.

    Yeah. I expect this is hinting at future Empire content, I just don't know where they are going with it. I feel like we already have all the Empire troops from the movies. My hope is for inquisitors or Moff Gideon.

    Besides reworks/tune ups to a few of the existing Empire characters, Admiral PIett and Scout Trooper are two of the classic characters missing from the game. The Empire lacks a non-tank healer/reviver/buffer which would be the perfect fit for the Admiral who Vader did not kill (and prior to Rogue One the only Imperial officer that had speaking lines to be in two movies). Scout Trooper has often been requested for the Trooper faction to give it some love. There are options, but we will have to wait and see what CG does.

  • I can see her doing well in the Hoth TB.

    Lol. She definitely won't be helpful in geo tb
  • In my memories the only char that give potency up to an ally and is a rebel or a scoundrel: Bodhi Rook

    qg28zzi28b9q.jpg

    W.I.N
    bwahahahahaha
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    In my memories the only char that give potency up to an ally and is a rebel or a scoundrel: Bodhi Rook

    qg28zzi28b9q.jpg

    W.I.N
    bwahahahahaha

    wn72gbolj26u.png
    LOL. Good point.
  • Compared to Greef, it's a bit underwhelming, but I can imagine she's going to do massive amounts of damage like the sith trooper but for rebels. At the end of the day, if you look at Sith troopers kit, hers and his isn't that different apart from he can mass cleanse and she can self-revive constantly.

    This could potentially make young lando useful with quira, who knows.
  • jawa7778 wrote: »
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    In my memories the only char that give potency up to an ally and is a rebel or a scoundrel: Bodhi Rook

    qg28zzi28b9q.jpg

    W.I.N
    bwahahahahaha

    wn72gbolj26u.png
    LOL. Good point.

    I'm gonna shoot for kit fisto instead.....lol
  • Ouch forgot young lando can give pot up too but....
    Well shes stealthed most of the time in a scoundrel team and if shes dying...well others will die first probably
  • Will she still gain buffs from her basic if the leader is dead?

  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

    removes 50% of their Turn Meter.

    Pit raid viability
    I know it's not most people's focus, but I'm only lvl 77 and I want to be able to solo any pit asap
  • I mean... You could just go for CLS, and then solo it with just him.
  • So, what happens when she's under Lando lead? He's both Rebel and Scoundrel? lol
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • So, what happens when she's under Lando lead? He's both Rebel and Scoundrel? lol

    she gains stealth, then gains taunt right after, making her only taunt
  • 4nl31kxmbkat.jpg

    Well this gives me something new to do with my excessive scoundrel fixation. 💁🏻
  • Kit Fisto FTW!

    v1v9ag8txqkk.png
  • OMG, Finally! Bodhi Rook has a purpose!
Sign In or Register to comment.