Double Kam Shards!

Prev1
@CG_SBCrumb why has this been ignored?

So many players have had double Kam shards, arguably the rarest commodity in the game, and absolutely NOTHING has been done to balance this.

Why has this not been addressed? This is a balance issue, if nothing else, you're usually all over this kind of issue.

It's been outstanding for a LONG time, and has been happening as recently as the last Geo LS TB.

Replies

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    You know why
  • Rosstheboss89
    373 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    I didn’t get double Kam shards 😢
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Is it threatening the latest meta char Rey? No? Who cares then?
    - CG
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    KAM shards? Can I eat them?
  • Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    If it hasn’t been fixed I’m getting two, depressing or joyful.. not sure actually lol
  • Is it still possible to do? If people have done it and get to keep their shards it should be made public knowledge.
  • Apparently it is.
    And they dont care, it is more important to fix asap an obscur loop in a very specific combination involving the p2w toons
  • Just change the shard drop rate to 2 like it was for so long. Beleive it or not, people are still farming ROLO and IPD. WAT has been around for a while so just crank up the drop rate to 2 per win and everuone is happpy
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Goku_Black wrote: »
    Just change the shard drop rate to 2 like it was for so long. Beleive it or not, people are still farming ROLO and IPD. WAT has been around for a while so just crank up the drop rate to 2 per win and everuone is happpy
    People exploiting him will get four times the shards but yeah, I do think it needs to be 2 shards per win
  • Shiftyund wrote: »
    It's not being fixed because the only guilds that are getting them contain whales

I’m in the whaliest whale guild. We’ve had no double shards. That’s why it’s particularly a balance issue. It’s favouritism to allow others to keep them, or to not compensate those who didn’t receive them.
  • I thought this bug was fixed.
  • I thought this bug was fixed.

The bug may have been fixed, but the extra shards have not been taken back. It’s a very bad sign if CG no longer cares about balance/fairness in the game, or simply thinks, “It’s too hard to fix, we can’t be bothered.”

A year ago, this would have been fixed already. Now, zero communication and it gets brushed under the carpet.
  • Bartek
    116 posts Member
    In any other game you would expect to get a reply form someone from the staff. In any other game.
    Sad to see devs abandoning their own forum:(
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Bartek wrote: »
    In any other game you would expect to get a reply form someone from the staff. In any other game.

I've read somewhere it's a sinking ship.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Just change the shard drop rate to 2 like it was for so long. Beleive it or not, people are still farming ROLO and IPD. WAT has been around for a while so just crank up the drop rate to 2 per win and everuone is happpy
    People exploiting him will get four times the shards but yeah, I do think it needs to be 2 shards per win

“Exploit” = be in a guild where someone has beaten the mission?
  • Meh. It's not like KAM is shaking up the meta any time soon. The entire GR Jedi faction needs a touch up, and KAM alone did not revitalize the faction. By the time CG got around to offering some kind of compensation, most decent guilds will have KAM at 7* and we'll still be waiting for a GR Jedi rework.

*shrugs*

I guess those who got the double shards now will be slightly ahead of the rest of us in terms of when they start turning those SM shards into shard shop currency.

No bothers given.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    kello_511 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

Nope.
  • Waqui wrote: »

Nope.

Well I’m not sure what theory you have about this.
    I’ve gotten double shards several times. If it’s through an “exploit”, it’s one that I don’t know about. Which means that I somehow “took advantage” of it by playing the game normally.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

Nope.

Well I’m not sure what theory you have about this.

Being in a guild where someone has beaten the mission != "Exploit"
    I’ve gotten double shards several times. If it’s through an “exploit”, it’s one that I don’t know about. Which means that I somehow “took advantage” of it by playing the game normally.

So, would you say, that your guild mates took advantage of an exploit? No? Well, there you are, then.

• We got double shards last time. I let the second set of shards in my inbox so I couldn't be accused of exploitation.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Jpolson43 wrote: »
    We got double shards last time. I let the second set of shards in my inbox so I couldn't be accused of exploitation.

Didn’t want to 7* him?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    We got double shards last time. I let the second set of shards in my inbox so I couldn't be accused of exploitation.

Didn’t want to 7* him?

Felt wrong. My integrity wouldn't allow me to enjoy those ill gotten gains.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Is it still possible to do? If people have done it and get to keep their shards it should be made public knowledge.

They did get it for 3 tbs if I'm correct. I did get it 1 time too. CG never addressed it directly and silently released a patch with no further repercussions or compensation for the rest.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

Didn’t want to 7* him?

Felt wrong. My integrity wouldn't allow me to enjoy those ill gotten gains.

I thought about it, but then I remembered the Malak fiasco and I didn’t want to get left out of any compensation again by not collecting the extra shards.
  • EmpressOrgana
    218 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Meh. It's not like KAM is shaking up the meta any time soon. The entire GR Jedi faction needs a touch up, and KAM alone did not revitalize the faction. By the time CG got around to offering some kind of compensation, most decent guilds will have KAM at 7* and we'll still be waiting for a GR Jedi rework.

*shrugs*
    Yeah but not all of us are in a cutting-edge guild. Also, many players will be starting in coming months and will want the character, and won't get double rewards.

I understand where you're coming from, but for many it's about the principles of fairness and accountability as much as it is about some pixels on a screen in a freemium mobile game.

Personally I won't be seeing KAM shards until 2021 at least, but I feel invested in the resolution of this because I feel that it's important.

I realise the oxymoronic aspects of simultaneously wanting to see equality and also negating the importance of the issue as I did in the second paragraph. To clarify, I think overall that this sort of petty in-game issue is unimportant in the scheme of things, but I believe that certain ideals should still be upheld.

Ok I sense I'm on a tangent so I'll bring this to an unceremonious fini--
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Would be nice and go back and reward all the failed attempts due to bugs guild wide. This character needs to be reevaluated and mission it’s becoming unachievable
  • Bartek wrote: »

Don't worry starwars.com will come in with the exclusive.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    We got double KAM shards this time. Last time we only got 4!