Galactic Legends Criticism [MERGE]

Replies

• WulW
    30 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    WulW wrote: »
    n6n7u0w4l7b2.png

Resoult of 4 attepmtds to Legendary Zeta tier 6.

And please spare me any comments

No. There are a million videos on how to do this.

git-gud-gif-7.gif

there is none made after HUX nerf/fix

consider this as a tip.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    n6n7u0w4l7b2.png

git-gud-gif-7.gif

consider this as a tip.

You can still beat it
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    n6n7u0w4l7b2.png

git-gud-gif-7.gif

consider this as a tip.

You can still beat it

With a under modded team i can do it due to the ultimate
    hwueu6cokdty.jpg
    tcqet1hc6uf1.jpg

• Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    n6n7u0w4l7b2.png

git-gud-gif-7.gif

consider this as a tip.

What? The fix to Hux only affected his leadership, which you can't use in this event anyway.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• I've been a player for almost three years, preferring Free-To_play and focusing on tactics to get the necessary advantage. When I started, the game was already quite heavy on P2W, but, if one had the skills to be somewhat relevant. But now things are different and not for the good. Capital Games, whether because of EA or Lucasfilm, or both, have made a series of questionable decisions which may be their downfall, and I am going to explain why:
    1. Usually, long-term players (veterans) should have an advantage over short-tenured ones due to the better tactics and the more knowledge. This is not the case here. We used to have to wait for events to come, so we can try to win the powerful heroes. There was competitiveness; there was this urge to know your sources and do the necessary research, so you can get Rey, Luke, Master Revan or Darth Revan. And now, with the Journey Guide has made all of this useless. It took me 6 months to build up the teams to even get access to the Malak event and even more to win it and upgrade it to 7 stars. And now it is included in the Journey guide. This is a major blow to us veterans.
    2. Also regarding Veterans Vs. Apprentices - Before there weren't so many powerful teams, one could build a team of losers powerful enough to compete. Now there are so many new characters that the old ones are pretty much usesless. However, they add up to the GP, making a major difference between veterans with 3 million GP and newbies with the same power - one has tons of losers, while the other has fewer characters, but all of them are powerful, giving the necessary advantage.
    3. I remember how back in 2017 Lucasfilm and EA in general received tons of critics due to the sense of "pride and accomplishment" to get certain characters. Here it was so - there were those who had immense power and give the player a significant advantage. The most famous example is Darth Traya, considered by many not only the most versatile Force user, but also the most powerful Sith. How do you get her at 7 stars? Only by going through the Sith Triumvirate. You need to be in a strong enough guild, you need to fight to have a chance to win more than 6 shards per week and in the end it takes you a year to get her in full (55 weeks to get 330 shards), because she cannot be bought. And now there are teams who crush her at PVP, making all this charade irrelevant. You cannot even have pride anymore, because you have played for years to get a certain hero and then you have a newbie who has been for 6 months but has paid thousands to get advantage over you. It **** me off.
    4. Continuing with the Whale rant - the Legends event. This was the cherry on the Cake of Greed.You need 28 characters, none of which are needed for the events, upgraded to Relic Level Pay-To-Get. Capital Games need to understand that 99% of the players are not Anhald101. Get the characters to 7 stars? Not a problem. Gear them to levels 12 and 13? Hard, but achievable. But to ask us to upgrade them to Max Relic Level? It is downright insulting and I have stressed upon this in the questionnaire. Because, let's face it - Kylo Ren and Rey are not the "legends" Lucasfilm forces us to think. One is a spoiled brat, strong with the Force, but not very knowledgable. The other is the wet dream of Kathleen Kennedy - make Rey the most powerful Jedi without training nor experience. This is an insult towards the fans, the lore and anything but the business model Lucasfilm follows. And it might not even be Capital Games' fault, it is a corporate decision from above.
    5. Regarding the lore - the previous events actually made sense lore-wise. The Sith Triumvirate is a force to be reckoned with and thus the event is stupidly hard, but understandable. Anakin and General Anakin are very powerful, but Anakin is the Chosen One, so it is a win. C-3PO is an "Ewok God", so it is logical the event should be with Ewoks. The same goes with Han and Chewie - they are caught by bounty hunters, so we need such to win the Falcon and Chewie. And then we have the Galactic Legends Mary Sue and Crybaby. You want me to re-live the disappointment of the Disney Trilogy? No way. This is the reason why for 2 years Rose Tico is at 3 stars and Gear 1, and I intend to keep her that way.
    6. The last thing that is very important to me - the rewards from the achievements and the free items. The Bronzium crates have not changed for the time I have played, and neither have the achievements. Capital Games need to make a major overhaul of these or re-introduce them to us with bigger and better rewards, so we can get the sense of accomplishment. Add new character shards, not only UROR'R'R'R and Lobot, better gear (finally add the notorious Mark V Stun Gun salvage, the one every single hero wants) and extend the amount of energy from 45 to 65. Whales gonna whale, but we need free players as well.
    Ultimately, Galaxy of Heroes has become a parody of itself - in most cases the more content means more versatility and more competitiveness, here it is the other way around. There are 5-6 teams everyone focuses on, while the others are now useless. I miss the times when you could use Phoenix, Nightsisters, Rebels, Empire, Sith, Jawa, Jedi and many more to get the advantage, instead of facing a thousand Revan+Malak teams and not the tactics but the relics and mods decide the outcome. Because everyone can buy relics and mods, but not everyone possesses the strategic mind to get an advantage. So Capital Games need to consider what this game is about - tactical gameplay or money, money and more money.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Because everyone can buy relics and mods

You've figured out a way to buy good mod rolls? Please tell me your secrets.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    Because everyone can buy relics and mods

You've figured out a way to buy good mod rolls? Please tell me your secrets.

Where did he / she write you could buy good mod rolls?
  • I think my only real issue with the GL events, in general, is the fact that you need to spend days farming tickets to play the event, multiple times, after spending 2-3 months approximately farming gear on characters. It seems silly to roadblock progress, after having a giant paywall roadblock ahead of it.

The fact that the toons I had to gear for the event to unlock don't have a real need, other than a handful is irksome, but not quite as annoying.
    Obi-Wan: "It's over, Anakin. I have the high ground."
    Vader: "You underestimate my power."
    Obi-Wan: "Don't try it."

Discord: Ringer#6983
  • LegendSlayer
    1 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    I CANT BEAT THE EVENTS WITH THE CHARACTERS CG MADE ME RELIC?!??!

Whoever designed this event needs to find a new position cleaning toilets. Because then maybe they would know what it's like to deal with someone else's doody...

Not only do you have to relic VERY BAD characters, you cant use them to beat the event, or anything for that matter.

SO FRUSTRATING!!! CG!!! COME ON!!!
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • RezaTorin
    45 posts Member
    edited May 2020

Just use the right characters. I’ve made peace with it. A few days of grinding for tickets and marquee events that require fast characters and a bit of strategy, and then I’ll finally get rewarded for my efforts. They obviously didn’t want it to be a cakewalk even AFTER you spend months grinding the characters to relic levels. (And are we really that surprised it’s “challenging”, they made us relic 5 and 7 most of the characters needed - they need to do serious damage and have good survivability.)

Some people may want the “full” experience and feel that they deserve more, but it is what it is. I may be using guides and such to get my shards but it feels like I deserve the shards so I don’t really care if it’s silly or requires a certain stupid strategy / character makeup. My mods are completely screwed up until the event is done and I have Rey, and it is what it is.

Could it be done better? Absolutely. But it will be worth it in the end. At least that’s what I keep telling myself.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Olderaan
    179 posts Member

Whoever designed this event needs to find a new position cleaning toilets. Because then maybe they would know what it's like to deal with someone else's doody...

Not only do you have to relic VERY BAD characters, you cant use them to beat the event, or anything for that matter.

SO FRUSTRATING!!! CG!!! COME ON!!!

What did you expect from Capital Gunray, the masters of extorsion?