Developer Q&A - 04/23/2020

Replies

• Options
    Would you ever add General Riekkan to SWGOH he could lead a team with ROLO, captain Han, wedge and Biggs for example also would you ever consider adding rogue squadron and their x wings. Also wherea Luke's x wing it's one of the most famous ships from star wars and not in the game
  • Options
    Whens Master Kenobi Being Added
  • Options
    Will fulcrum ahsoka ever get a Phoenix tag and will hold rex be added
  • Options
    Where is the new content? You keep saying new content coming now you say no sandbox mode no new raid but give nothing on new content!! Where is something to do? I love this game and outside of grand arena we are all bored and tired of waiting for content
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    Options
    I'm glad you're not doing sandbox mode. It's not your responsibility to entertain the few people that have nothing better to do all day ;)
  • Options
    This Q&A Unfortunately confirmed to me my worse fears, after 4 years the game is no longer moving in the right direction, yet more disappointment topped with A few Excuses adding to the continued Frustration of the players...

If you really think this game can continue with just adding new characters, improving the art and changing up the meta every few months, you are completely out of touch. You seem to be ignoring the real issues and needs of the Players, either way as a community I am grateful to know where we stand so I am thankful as I will now only be free to play until the game moves forward.... or I get bored and move on, but unlike many who pass on their account my can go in to retirement....

Also I am Personally of the view that the fact that the forums has little interaction from the CG community of late, except on these few occasions Implies to me you know the general sentiment of the players, and are most likely constrained by the oversight from EA and maybe even Disney in what goes on behind the scenes and clearly the reference to development costs means the focus is purely a revenue driven decision, which I understand however this short term view will mean you miss the longer smarter game and is a missed opportunity to ensure longevity to the game by investing in some quick wins for the players and developers ..

If this is the case and your constrained then I get it, don’t like it but understand it, I hope the so called oversight if they were any good understand the customer experience of which Disney is big on and value for money, client satisfaction, retaining customers and all those important aspects that make a business viable for the long term, my fear is relying on the Star Wars brand alone has worked for 4 years, but I doubt that will continue if we continue to see little change towards a future that meets the players expectations.

Perhaps one of those puzzles we miss from crumb we can take as a confirmation ;-)

Otherwise stay safe and thanks for reading.

Gib
  • Options
    Where will they post the answers to the questions submitted via SurveyMonkey?
  • Options
    SuperLui wrote: »
    Where will they post the answers to the questions submitted via SurveyMonkey?

Those were put into the same pile as “fix the GAC join button”
  • Options
    You really have the audacity to say that something is "too expensive" to implement when you charge 5 times what a triple A game costs to 7 star one Marquee character? Unbelievable. Really shows how you feel about your playerbase.
  • botabu
    246 posts Member
    Options
    Why is anyone surprised? Honestly. You expected them to give you ANYTHING you actually wanted? Shame on you.
  • CT_2626
    2 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    We Need 212th Characters CG.
    Come On, We Have The 501st Legion With GAS We Need 212th Attack Battalion With Characters Like:
    -Waxer
    -Boil
    -Gregor
    And A Commander Cody Rework
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    TOPIC: Art/Sound

Q: @CG_AU-D10 How do you design sound effects? Does it frustrate you that most players have the sound turned off?
    • A: CG_AU-D10 - That's a big question that I can answer in many ways! The audio team utilizes the audio from the movies as well as make our own sound effects, especially for Force users where the movies don't have a lot a sound for the Force. That said, that doesn't mean we grab sounds from the movies and just plop them in. A lot of the recordings are from the 70s and 80s, so we try to process them to be more clean and vibrant. When it comes to designing a sound around a character we have to think what that character represents. So, when I designed Malak, he is an evil dude who sucks the life out of people. In general, lower tones represent evil, and since he uses the force to drain the lifeforce of Jedi, I used breathy voices in my sound to represent that. As for the frustration part, a little, haha! But being a mobile user myself I understand. A lot of the time when I play a mobile game I'm not in an area where I'd want my sound on to disturb others, unless I had headphones. It makes me appreciate it more when I see comments on the work the audio team does. Let's me know at least someone out there gets to hear our work. :)

Q: What was the toughest challenge the team had with the audio?
    • A: CG_AU-D10 - We originally were using a lot of the same sounds for lightsabers. We decided that we wanted to update them to all sound different. So we made a specific sound for Green, Blue, Red, Purple, and Yellow saber users. Characters who have special sabers that have unique sounds to them are Kylo, Traya, and Ezra. For the colors, we had to think what the saber color represented and made the sounds from there. For example, Blue represents justice so we made a higher and brighter hum for it. Another example is purple is a combo of blue and red saber tones so you get both the bright and gritty. It took a lot of thought and care to represent these colors and we hope it brings a bit of extra character to the sabers and their users!

Q: I like the audio for Grand Arena Championship league promotion / mod upgrades, are those original sounds? What other original sounds have you developed? Like the rancor sound or any blaster effects or anything were in-house? Who voiced Darth Nihlus?
    • A: CG_AU-D10 - Thanks! Those are original! A lot of the force abilities are originals as well since there aren't a lot of sounds in the movies to represent them. Pretty much all of the UI buttons are originals as well. The song in the ship cantina is an original (you'll also see that the musicians are in time with the music!) The Rancor and blaster sounds are from the movies, but a lot of them are old recordings so we did spruce them up a little. Nihilus was one of us reading the Sith Code that we reversed and added a ton of effects to it to make it dark and mysterious.
    These were great responses. Amazing to learn about the level of thinking that goes into sound in this game. I'm not huge on sound but I do appreciate how the process of sounds of each lightsaber colors were made, and the part about villains having lower tones and stuff like that

Is this bait? It looks like bait.
  • Options

Reminder: These Q&As are not for announcing new content or features. This is an opportunity to ask the development team question about the game.

With that being the case, you should consider renaming the section about content. It’s misleading and it implies you will answer questions about content, present content or future content. Might consider changing the category to “Currently Released Content”.
  • Options
    At this point I’d be ok if they made the cycles 30 minutes per phase. That should give everyone enough time to dump deploys and then go spend money on another game.

Ultra wrote: »
    Q: You mentioned once that Geo TB would go to a 4 24 hour phase cycle, to total 4 days. Is this still planned, or has this idea been scrapped?

A: CG_Coffee - Personally I love the idea but we've heard conflicting opinions from the community. I'm happy to hear from players which setup they prefer and why.
    I was initially against 24 hours but seeing as most of the LS TB is GP dump, and battles are quick, I am starting to prefer 24 hour format as long as that opens the calendar for 4 Territory Battles per month with 1 TW after each TB end (one TB / TW per week)

Can Crumb make a poll on this so that everyone has a chance to weigh in on their preference?

• Options
    How does a billion-dollar company have the audacity to say that something is too expensive? If you kept in touch with game-changers or content creators, you would realize that more than just a few players want a sandbox mode. But apparently, if you can't monetize the sandbox mode then there is no reason to do it. "No money, no time."
  • Options
    Basically what they are telling is that they have no plan for anything
  • Jenjhys
    272 posts Member
    Options
    Still the same question at every Q&A (since september 2019) who find no answer:
    when will make easy gearing to reach G12?
  • Jenjhys
    272 posts Member
    Options
    Q: Why is GL Rey not tagged as a Jedi?
    • A: CG_Miller - This is a two part answer. The first is that while Rey identified herself as "All the Jedi" at the end of Rise of Skywalker, up until that moment she was on a unique path all her own, and can be argued isn't ever a Jedi in the traditional sense. Second is that after Jedi Knight Revan we have to be incredibly careful about who gets the Jedi category, as he is always looking for another Jedi to strengthen that team even more. When taken together I hope you can see our reasoning behind not giving Rey the Jedi category.

And what about tag for JKR : Jedi of the old republic
  • Options
    Jenjhys wrote: »
    Q: Why is GL Rey not tagged as a Jedi?
    • A: CG_Miller - This is a two part answer. The first is that while Rey identified herself as "All the Jedi" at the end of Rise of Skywalker, up until that moment she was on a unique path all her own, and can be argued isn't ever a Jedi in the traditional sense. Second is that after Jedi Knight Revan we have to be incredibly careful about who gets the Jedi category, as he is always looking for another Jedi to strengthen that team even more. When taken together I hope you can see our reasoning behind not giving Rey the Jedi category.

And what about tag for JKR : Jedi of the old republic

I'm sorry, that would be too expensive to implement ~ CG
  • Ferus_Olin
    13 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Alas you DON'T KNOW canon at all. Mandalorians are not just population of Mandalor, or society. It's a complex culture with strong rules, laws and hierarchy, that has developed over many millennia in Star Wars University. To not knowing such basic things is just ridiculous. For the beginning, you can read wookieepedia article, and after that, comics and books about Mandalorian culture. Only after that you can make such ridiculous statements about Boba and Jango. They are Mandalorians without your opinion.
    You have many heroes from Knights of the Old Republic game. It means you must know, who are the Mandalorians without stupid ignorance of this fact.
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Options
    Ferus_Olin wrote: »
    Alas you DON'T KNOW canon at all. Mandalorians are not just population of Mandalor, or society. It's a complex culture with strong rules, laws and hierarchy, that has developed over many millennia in Star Wars University. To not knowing such basic things is just ridiculous. For the beginning, you can read wookieepedia article, and after that, comics and books about Mandalorian culture. Only after that you can make such ridiculous statements about Boba and Jango. They are Mandalorians without your opinion.
    You have many heroes from Knights of the Old Republic game. It means you must know, who are the Mandalorians without stupid ignorance of this fact.

Calm down there bud.
    You sure have said a lot here for someone who is wrong. They're not mandalorians.
  • Options
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Calm down there bud.
    You sure have said a lot here for someone who is wrong. They're not mandalorians.
    This is not a discussion. This is for developers who are not aware that we are not only interested in the next Rey Sue or Kylo Ren, but classic Star Wars.

• Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Options
    Calm down there bud.
    This is not a discussion. This is for developers who are not aware that we are not only interested in the next Rey Sue or Kylo Ren, but classic Star Wars.

This is in "General discussion"
    You also just berated them with insults that don't make sense.
    Jango and Boba aren't mandalorians and it is a confusing topic for many players so it makes sense that they don't want to go near it at the moment.
  • Options
    Jango and Boba aren't mandalorians and it is a confusing topic for many players so it makes sense that they don't want to go near it at the moment.
    I give them my money for the development, so it makes sense for me as for other people.
    If you haven't read books, this does not allow you to “appoint” Boba and Jango as "non-Mandalorians" and judge about it.

• Options
    Mandalorian is a culture, and it is correct for both Legends and New Canon. If you don't know, Din Djarin, our "The Mandalorian", was not born on the planet Mandalore:
    - "Mandalorian isn't a race."
    - "It's a Creed."
    Can you see? What else arguments do you need??
    And yes, we insist, we strongly require the Mandalorian tag been added to the game, for characters who are refer to mandalorian culture.
    "No real pressing need", you say? But there is "real pressing need"! A lot of characters, which can have a synergy, which are united by ancient culture, rules, phylosophy, which are brothers! It is the important chapter of Star Wars Universe, and you have no right to ignore it! It is the same if you ignore the "Jedi" are "Sith" groups.
  • Options
    I give them my money for the development, so it makes sense for me as for other people.
    If you haven't read books, this does not allow you to “appoint” Boba and Jango as "non-Mandalorians" and judge about it.

Well i guess you're right. You read some fan fiction books and so they must be mandalorians. Here i was, foolishly just going off what the guy who created the characters themselves said. The guy who made star wars. The guy who stated they weren't mandalorians.

But thank you, now i know for next time.
  • Options
    So, Lucas Books now "fan fiction" books for you? Okay, got it. It shows your "awareness" load and clear.
    So why we have a lot of heroes in GoH from old canon, such as Darth Nihilus, Visas Marr, Canderous Ordo and others? You mean Canderous is not Mandalorian too? If Dave Filoni and new "canon" is your authority in the last resort, there's nothing to say more.
  • Options
    So, Lucas Books now "fan fiction" books for you? Okay, got it. It shows your "awareness" load and clear.
    So why we have a lot of heroes in GoH from old canon, such as Darth Nihilus, Visas Marr, Canderous Ordo and others? You mean Canderous is not Mandalorian too? If Dave Filoni and new "canon" is your authority in the last resort, there's nothing to say more.

Going further and further off topic for the q&a now so happy for all these to be deleted when they are.
    But George Lucas has explicitly and precisely state ad nauseam, that they're not mandalorian. I don't need more than that.
    So yes what you read was effectively fan fiction.
    I'm probably just gonna leave it at that for this line of convo
  • Options
    Pile wrote: »
    "Q: Many players didn't find the duel between Rey and Kylo very compelling. Do you have plans to use this mechanic again? Are there any changes planned to make it more interesting to play?
    A: CG_Miller - The feedback on this feature has been fantastic and we are reading all of it. We definitely like the new way to engage with the game, and if we return to the Duel as a mode in a future event you can rest assured that it won't be an exact carbon copy of the way we did it in the Rey and Kylo GL events."

Where do they get their feedback?

Feedback that is negative is still fantastic to get as it allows you to adjust. However, CG won't adjust anything and just keep on keeping on. This isn't our first CG hosted rodeo.