Developer Q&A - 04/23/2020

Replies

• Pile wrote: »
    "Q: Many players didn't find the duel between Rey and Kylo very compelling. Do you have plans to use this mechanic again? Are there any changes planned to make it more interesting to play?
    A: CG_Miller - The feedback on this feature has been fantastic and we are reading all of it. We definitely like the new way to engage with the game, and if we return to the Duel as a mode in a future event you can rest assured that it won't be an exact carbon copy of the way we did it in the Rey and Kylo GL events."

Where do they get their feedback?

From the same people EA pays to be their forum defenders, or people who just haven't played long enough to see how poorly this game is run compared to something else (like something with Exvius in the title as an example).

Wish they would take some hints from another EA game - Battlefront 2 - It doesn't even have "proper" microtransactions, but still produces interesting new game modes, characters, and immediately 100% accessible/playable content without first demanding that they be able to generate revenue before allowing it to be fun for players. The only microtransactions in BF2 are for some extra skill points you can quickly earn anyway on one of the many double or triple XP weekends. $60 or less and you get a full game with *new* stuff to do on the regular. $60 here buys you what? Half the gear needed for just one character to reach G12, maybe?
  • We had several players up and quit that I've been in a guild with for years simply based on this Dev Q&A and the disappointing responses from the devs. About half our guild says they're waiting for the road ahead next month and if it's just as disappointing, we are about to have a mass exodus out of our guild. Thank you for destroying the game I love so much CG.
  • TVF
    36575 posts Member
    Billiam wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    "Q: Many players didn't find the duel between Rey and Kylo very compelling. Do you have plans to use this mechanic again? Are there any changes planned to make it more interesting to play?
    A: CG_Miller - The feedback on this feature has been fantastic and we are reading all of it. We definitely like the new way to engage with the game, and if we return to the Duel as a mode in a future event you can rest assured that it won't be an exact carbon copy of the way we did it in the Rey and Kylo GL events."

Where do they get their feedback?

From the same people EA pays to be their forum defenders

@Kyno it's been thousands and thousands of posts now and I'm still waiting for my money, please check with Crumb on this again. Thanks.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36575 posts Member
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    So as others have pointed out it sounds like you're not working on anything interesting except something that 'benefits a wider range of players' i.e. something new players can do immediately also because thats where the money is.

There is no raid coming.
    There is no GAC i can play vs my guildmate because your applying false data to the idea of it.
    You didn't answer any 'hard' questions (despite ultra's opinion)
    And nothing accounts for what you have been doing this first quarter
    AND lets not forget, the dev tracker has been dead since the start of the year

I came here expecting nothing and i have been disappointed

So you got something?
  • Whatever they announce next month had better be worth the wait. If not, this game will die. The Road Ahead had better not get pushed back a third time, either. A lot of us won't make it to a 4th time.
  • TVF
    36575 posts Member
    The RA was pushed back?

Also the game has died every day there has been a forum.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »
    The RA was pushed back?

hq3jlcch3zhb.png
  • TVF wrote: »
    The RA was pushed back?

Yeah, it has been pushed back the past two months. Prove I'm wrong on that.
  • TVF
    36575 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    The RA was pushed back?

I asked a question.

Furthermore, they said one is coming next month, and they shifted this one due to GLs. I highly doubt you would quit based on a road ahead post being delayed, but sure, ok.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    I simply don't understand all the hoopla around a sandbox environment. It doesn't sound like something most players would use very often.
  • last Road Ahead was in November, right? Is there supposed to be a normal cadence?
  • Do you guys realize how utterly hollow and vapid it sounds to our ears, for you to say that making things we want for a game that has brought in a billion dollars in less than 5 years is too expensive? Add to that, the things you already said you were going to circle back to like the new raid and Mace reworks have now been shelved? As long as you continue to disappoint my wallet will continue to remain closed. This is unacceptable, and I've just about gone to actively hoping you lose the license.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    last Road Ahead was in November, right? Is there supposed to be a normal cadence?

@Jakdnels
    oggeh6mg2x6f.png

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/213082/state-of-the-galaxy-september-2019#latest

yes and no. They dont state a cadence for the Road Ahead, just that it will outline the broader picture and the SoTG will be monthly check ins (when not posting a RA)
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Do you guys realize how utterly hollow and vapid it sounds to our ears, for you to say that making things we want for a game that has brought in a billion dollars in less than 5 years is too expensive? Add to that, the things you already said you were going to circle back to like the new raid and Mace reworks have now been shelved? As long as you continue to disappoint my wallet will continue to remain closed. This is unacceptable, and I've just about gone to actively hoping you lose the license.

18c6g3lj4mul.png
    Another WALLET CLOSED
  • Jakdnels
    787 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    ok. Because the State of the Galaxy mentioned a 'schedule' and I was wondering if it was a regular thing or they just meant their internal schedule...

"We’ve shifted the Road Ahead schedule around to accommodate for the lead up to Galactic Legends. Next month’s update will be a Road Ahead covering some of our bigger plans for the upcoming quarter and the next Title Update. We also will have plans to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back next month, so it should be an action-packed quarter.

I don't suppose you know when their quarters run? Jan-Mar, Apr-Jun, Jul-Aug, Sep-Dec? Would this mean we're seeing action in Q2 or Q3?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    ok. Because the State of the Galaxy mentioned a 'schedule' and I was wondering if it was a regular thing or they just meant their internal schedule...

"We’ve shifted the Road Ahead schedule around to accommodate for the lead up to Galactic Legends. Next month’s update will be a Road Ahead covering some of our bigger plans for the upcoming quarter and the next Title Update. We also will have plans to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back next month, so it should be an action-packed quarter.

I don't suppose you know when their quarters run? Jan-Mar, Apr-Jun, Jul-Aug, Sep-Dec? Would this mean we're seeing action in Q2 or Q3?

originally it was following the quarter, and they did seem to be keeping that going, which is why they said it that way (I think).

not sure on which quarter we are in.
  • Day late, I know...

Can you make all 4 TB variants available to choose from during each TB cycle?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    4rch4nge1 wrote: »
    Day late, I know...

Can you make all 4 TB variants available to choose from during each TB cycle?

That would make it harder for them to pretend that people enjoy LS Geo TB...
  • Darion
    75 posts Member
    I am going to begin by saying I am a day 1 player (pretty close to at least I remember old ben meta, dooku) and love the game. With that said most of this post is not very positive, but is mostly constructive criticisms.

You stated that your feedback has been mostly positive for duels, do you understand that is deeply concerning, seeing as you have made beautiful scenes come to light (Old ben vs. Vader) beautiful! and then you add a rock paper scissors mechanic. I feel as though not only was this event a missed opportunity for the battles within but this might be the MOST disappointing thing the game has ever done.

1. With that said do you recognize your feedback does not match the sentiment of the community and that the community does not want such a mechanic in the future?

2. What is the expected release of Galactic Legends, yearly quarterly... In past you have highlighted adding Jedi Luke would be the pinnacle point and a symbol the game is over, with that can we expect his event to be a galactic legends symbolizing the end of the game or an new event well into the future?

3. Why would you force the community to farm all those terrible characters with relatively no utilization (Prime example: ROSE TICO) and then not make them be a playable part of the GL events (Heroes Journey Style)? This was on par with disappointment related to duel mechanic.

4. with the addition of relics to the game, is there any intention to move the under 7* max tier to 12 seeing as a gear 11 is almost impossible to utilize in TB's and most aspects of the game?

5. You have highlighted you have no intention of doing reworks (IN NO WAY SUPPORTED BY THE COMMUNITY *cough* *windu* *cough*), with that said and mando content on the way what is CG's plan for the next quarter, considering not much was added for ~95% of the gaming community besides an increase in assault battle difficulty.

6. Does CG recognize many of the past transgressions GL, Packs galore, etc.. have left the community with sour feelings towards yourselves (CG), is this recognized and are any attempts going to be made to fix this besides the ill-received promise of more content to come in the future.

7. Comments in the galactic war report were made about more things to come with the addition of the Clone wars season 7, its been out for a month, you had luminara as character of the month, did GL take precedent over this, and now it is postponed? or is there a near future expectation of Clone wars content to come (Less than 2 months)?

8. There has been growing sentiment over Sandbox, I rather disagree with it and recognize the 'high work low reward' stance you have taken and would rather that focus be on more contributing content. Noting your competitions Disney Sorcerers Arena Implementing PVP mode, has there been a new found jolt to produce something similar?

I wish the game a long future and hope this quarter turns around for the better.
  • TVF wrote: »
    The RA was pushed back?

I asked a question.

Furthermore, they said one is coming next month, and they shifted this one due to GLs. I highly doubt you would quit based on a road ahead post being delayed, but sure, ok.

My point is that as each day goes by, my desire to play the game is reduced. If I have to wait two more months to even hear about something new coming to the game; I might not make it. I'm very tired of the same ole same ole, if you know what I mean. When the most exciting thing I do is look in shipments to see what pops up at refresh... that's an issue. I just want something to actually do other than hoard and gear.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    No raid, no reworks, no sandbox, no nothing... watch the next road ahead be an ad for their new game.
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    So as others have pointed out it sounds like you're not working on anything interesting except something that 'benefits a wider range of players' i.e. something new players can do immediately also because thats where the money is.

There is no raid coming.
    There is no GAC i can play vs my guildmate because your applying false data to the idea of it.
    You didn't answer any 'hard' questions (despite ultra's opinion)
    And nothing accounts for what you have been doing this first quarter
    AND lets not forget, the dev tracker has been dead since the start of the year

I came here expecting nothing and i have been disappointed

So you got something?

I did, they gave me nails for coffins and slaps for faces. I didn't even know they had a sale going.
  • dsdsds
    72 posts Member
    so.... nothing is happening... when was the last new content? Sith raid?
  • dsdsds wrote: »
    so.... nothing is happening... when was the last new content? Sith raid?

If the Geo TBs and any Legendary/Heroic/Epic/GL characters are not new content, then we haven't had new content since the game launched.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Ok so i was looking at the Q&A and you guys say that its too expensive to make a sand box mode. Well this logic is pretty flawed since there are countless krakens that empty their wallets every time a new character comes out.

And it is total bull that you guys have stopped working on the new raid, people have been saying they want a new raid FOREVER. Not working on a mace rework is stupid since cg teased us about it a while ago.

We arent getting reworks for USELESS characters like rose and phasma that people had to relic up to get the GL's which i mean come on cg, are you kidding me? First you have people pay a butt load to relic those useless characters, and now they will remain useless.

Now, you're logic on the art. You want this game to be playable on a wide variety of devices. Thats all well and good, but that all makes no sense since raid shadow legends and marvel strikeforce are available on the SAME AMOUNT OF DEVICES AND THEY STILL RUN WELL. Both marvel strike force and goh require iOS 10 to run and strike force looks waaaaaay better. And heres the funny part that you "glossed over" cg, RAID IS AVAILABLE ON EVEN MORE DEVICES.

Stop making excuses and make your game better
  • "CG_Tophat - We were doing initial development on one last year, but we've paused work on it for the moment. We've been working on something that we think will have a wider impact on the overall playerbase that we'll discuss in more detail in next month's road ahead."

Will this new content be similar to the Mythic level of the raids that were spoken about last year? Or the new content promised in the December Q&A? We don't care what you have worked on an abandoned. What are you actually going to do in the game, not in the road ahead post? Since GAS all we have received is information on the Hyperdrive bundle and Galatic Legends. I lead a 260M GP guild and have lost 3 long time player to retirement recently. Please give us new content to help keep people.
  • So you want us to spend money but you guys wont spend money on anything to create these modes? I never post on these Forums but this Q&A is awful, maybe even the worse ive seen, this is becoming a Joke, you guys are looking like a joke, I hope if they have another game in the works None of us play it... seriousl boycott their next game.
  • BCJRen
    2 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Definitely feeling flat and disappointed with the SWGOH team at EA after reading this. Saying things like sand box and live PvP isn’t free. Do they not realize how expensive their game is to play if you want to compete. Feel like there are a lot of excuses and some of them contradict each other. Feel like some of the responses are made as if we are meant to be silly. Shame I love Star Wars the team behind the game could do more for the players. :(
    Post edited by BCJRen on