Developer Q&A - 04/23/2020

12345679Next

Replies

• Xhedao
    209 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    This is a joke. I even can not test new team compositions for new released chars, as the marquee mode is itself not suitable.

These are 3 lvl1 chars, on auto. This is just a minor scratch for the wrong argumentation for the comparability of a sand box mode to the data, how much players played 5 attempts in the marquee events...

60g01mt9ij0h.jpg

It is even hard to get the contract activated., cause most players have the BH with g8 already to high, to not kill the enemy to fast -.-
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    This marquee is for Cara not Mando so the purpose of this marquee isn’t being able to get the contract complete and test his kit
  • Ultra wrote: »
    This marquee is for Cara not Mando so the purpose of this marquee isn’t being able to get the contract complete and test his kit

If they're using these to gather data to gauge community interest in sandbox/ guildieVguildie type game modes then their complaint is valid
  • Xhedao
    209 posts Member
    I partially agree. This event is meant manly for Mando.
    However, they put a forced Mando lead inside. That way it is also meant to hype Mando.
    The whole purpose is just: Look, they are so awesome together, perhaps you want purchase a few shards?
    This has nothing to do with a sand box mod
  • Xhedao wrote: »
    However, they put a forced Mando lead inside. That way it is also meant to hype Mando.
    The whole purpose is just: Look, they are so awesome together, perhaps you want purchase a few shards?

Well this is where they said they’re deriving their data from. If you can’t have fun with the toons, even in Cara’s even or properly test her with higher level comps, let alone the low ones in this, then to say sandbox or the like isn’t viable because of the interest in replaying these events is hilariously off the mark.
  • Xhedao wrote: »

I know it has nothing to do with a sandbox mode, at least to the players.
    But if that is a point from which CG is drawing it's data then it is entirely relevant.
  • Xhedao
    209 posts Member
    Somehow I feel with the developers. They have to sell the companies plans, made by the higher-ups, to the community and have to try finding valid explanations for these plans. Despite the possibility, that there are no good explanations for the changes and new plans.

At least, I want to think this
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Xhedao wrote: »
    Somehow I feel with the developers. They have to sell the companies plans, made by the higher-ups, to the community and have to try finding valid explanations for these plans. Despite the possibility, that there are no good explanations for the changes and new plans.

At least, I want to think this

I go back and forth, must be hard to deal with EA over you, even if other companies that have the same limitation do it much much better, in many ways.

But then i remember how bad their communication is with the playerbase,
    When they shutdown or 'put aside' plans for things they were working on and told us about, we find out through having to ask the right questions that have to be picked out once a month or so, hardly proactive communication.
    They have a dev tracker that has stagnated for almost the entire year and don't seem to want to acknowledge anymore.
    They create a thread about "what information officers want" to appear to want to learn more about guild leaders want to see so that the player side of the game can be improved. And then they 'forget about the iron fleet', sorry i mean they forget to seem interested in it and bring it up in the Q&A like they're 'now working on it' which doesnt mean anything
    And they 'disappear' after every content drop they do that they know will be received with overwhelming negativity
  • Signs of a dying game and thanks CG for confirming it. Nothing new to make it exciting and interesting to play, only money grabbing new characters and way overpriced mod packs.
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    I've not posted here for a while but I've been playing the game. I stopped playing though about three weeks ago. There was simply nothing to do with it. Boring, tiresome, felt like a chore. Any new content was aimed solely at big spenders and hey, it looked terrible anyway. So yeah, it felt good to walk away.

Came here because I happened to catch Mobile's video about the new Q and A and fancied looking here to see what the player base thought of it.

I dunno...why is anyone surprised? At this point CG is like an alcoholic or a drug addict lying to his family..."I'll change"..."Tomorrow I promise I'm going to clean up my act"...how can anyone hear it now and going by past record, believe it? It's just nonsense - dreadful lies. This raid - "oh we started...we kind of gave up...but, er...we promise something even more amazing is coming! We promise!"...why should we believe you? We've all been listening and giving you the benefit of the doubt for so long...out of good will...because we love Star Wars and we love the game...but its got a limit. I've reached mine. CG has no respect for it's player base and no respect for it's game. Which is sad - we actually love the game more than the developers. And I think that's the fundamental problem here.

The players are being lied to. Strung along. Treated like fools. And it's not fair - they're good people that get perfectly pleasant, innocent and gentle pleasure by sitting down and playing this phone game. It makes them happy. They don't deserve to be lied to and treated like this.

Have some decency, self-respect and integrity CG. Treat your players as you would wish to be treated yourselves.

Listen to your players - give them cool new stuff to keep them playing. Make even cooler, newer stuff for the spenders to get first time round. Keep us engaged - let's have fun with this cool game! And when people scream and scream for relatively simple things like a sandbox mode don't lie and say "oh it's too expensive" or "nobody wants it"...neither of these are true. We know it, you know it. Don't treat your players like fools...

Or one day you won't have any. Simple.

Post edited by CoastalJames on
  • That was well put. Can you help me with my english essay?

I've not posted here for a while but I've been playing the game. I stopped playing though about three weeks ago. There was simply nothing to do with it. Boring, tiresome, felt like a chore. Any new content was aimed solely at big spenders and hey, it looked terrible anyway. So yeah, it felt good to walk away.

Came here because I happened to catch Mobile's video about the new Q and A and fancied looking here to see what the player base thought of it.

I dunno...why is anyone surprised? At this point CG is like an alcoholic or a drug addict lying to his family..."I'll change"..."Tomorrow I promise I'm going to clean up my act"...how can anyone hear it now and going by past record, believe it? It's just nonsense - dreadful lies. This raid - "oh we started...we kind of gave up...but, er...we promise something even more amazing is coming! We promise!"...why should we believe you? We've all been listening and giving you the benefit of the doubt for so long...out of good will...because we love Star Wars and we love the game...but its got a limit. I've reached mine. CG has no respect for it's player base and no respect for it's game. Which is said - we actually love the game more than the creators. And I think that's the fundamental problem here.

The players are being lied to. Strung along. Treated like fools. And it's not fair - they're good people that get perfectly pleasant, innocent and gentle pleasure by sitting down and playing this phone game. It makes them happy. They don't deserve to be lied to and treated like this.

Have some decency, self-respect and integrity CG. Treat your players as you would wish to be treated yourselves.

Listen to your players - give them cool new stuff to keep them playing. Make even cooler, newer stuff for the spenders to get first time round. Keep us engaged - let's have fun with this cool game! And when people scream and scream for relatively simple things like a sandbox mode don't lie and say "oh it's too expensive" or "nobody wants it"...neither of these are true. We know it, you know it. Don't treat your players like fools...

Or one day you won't have any. Simple.

:)
  • Ally
    47 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    BeralCator wrote: »
    Serious development for this game seems to have ended in early 2019, after which they've coasted along with things that were either far down the pipeline already (Geo TBs) or hastily done junk (Galactic Legends).

I'd like them to prove me wrong, but I've traced the introduction of new characters and game modes since launch, and 2020 is so far tracking to be similar to the latter half of 2019.

For reference, here is the number of characters/ships introduced per year.
    2015: 71
    2016: 53
    2017: 45
    2018: 37
    2019: 22
    2020: 8 (so far)
    I could include re-works, but those seem to have stopped in June 2019 as well, a few minor touch-ups notwithstanding.

The last new raid was released on March 1st, 2018(!). The last new-ish game mode was Grand Arena in December 2018, which was rehashed as GAC in June 2019.

Geonosis TB Dark Side was launched with a fully reworked Separatist faction in June 2019 (and is actually pretty fun). Geonosis TB Light Side was sloppily launched in December 2019 with no reworks (and is still barely playable for 95% of the player base).

The last new recurring event was (correct me if I am wrong) Galactic Bounties II in August 2018.

It's painfully apparent that this is the new normal; it's been this way for nearly a year and the game is still raking in cash, so why would you expect anything to change? The people who continue to spend hand over fist on the new "progression" schemes like Relics have pretty much guaranteed it.

I've personally stopped worrying about it. There's no urgency to spend if you really think about it; all it gets you is harder GAC opponents, some extra crystals in squad arena, and an extra star or two in TB. You can easily finish Top 100 in Squad arena and Top 20 (or even Top 5) in Fleet arena without spending a dime; IMHO, spending thousands of dollars on Galactic Legends to "earn" an extra $20 USD in crystals a week is stupid.

To me, there was nothing surprising about this Q&A as it's been this way for 10 months already. I think it's also pretty easy to see why this happened if you look at the timeline, but that's admittedly speculation.

This can't be quoted enough.

well said, i also think with this notable disparity in deliverables over the years its readily apparent that they're putting their resources into their unannounced game, and using this to fund that. You've got one less customer here for that CG.

• Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Xhedao wrote: »

Exactly. We even had "bugs" going on in these promotion events in the past like the super-DoT spreading with Canderous or (even though it was "only" video footage from CG and not an actually playable event, though it served the marketing purpose) the max HP bonus dmg from chewie not working against GG in the GG vs CLS footage.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • can you tell us if new heroes are planned like:
    - The Inquisitor
    - Adi Gallia
    - Jocasta Nu
    - Even Piell
    - Etc

Thanks
  • Hello EA if you have not thought about it would you consider making a new journey guide character. Ik you are busy with the mando update but i was thinking of making jabba the hutt character for scoundrel or bounty hunter teams he cant attack so it would be like the c3p-0 character and he can generate mass assist and maybe a new leader ability. I feel this could have potential and would make a good character for journey guide heroes . I also want to see if you guys could make a luke skywalker rebel pilot as well and see if he could join wedge and biggs in ship and cantina battles. Any feedback at all??

• Will Hondo the pirate from clone wars eventually be making his way to the game?
  • LeeB
    56 posts Member
    Q: Why are packs a different prices in different regions? In Europe it seems unfair to be paying a higher price I’m what is already a stronger currency
    A: CG_Tophat - It's an exchange rate thing is the simple answer. We don't control the way those play out, but everything is pegged to USD.

This is ****, Uk = £100 but the US = 100$, if it was linked to exchange rate it would be £70
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    *checks date*
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Khalysa
    23 posts Member
    BeralCator wrote: »

You can easily finish Top 100 in Squad arena and Top 20 (or even Top 5) in Fleet arena without spending a dime; IMHO, spending thousands of dollars on Galactic Legends to "earn" an extra $20 USD in crystals a week is stupid.

The sad thing is, you can't even do that anymore, because that P2W Hyperdrive bundle exists.
  • When is the next Q&A coming? I have some questions I would like to ask.
  • BeralCator wrote: »
    When is the next Q&A coming? I have some questions I would like to ask.

Next year.
    I have a bad feeling about this.