CHARACTER STRATEGIES - Poe Dameron, Finn and Rey

Prev1345
Poe Dameron
b9cekqb11xfj.png

Overview

Poe Dameron is a nice leader for a Resistance party, who are about applying the Expose debuff and bursting enemies down one at a time, so you will find the potency buff from Poe’s Ace Of The Resistance useful. Also, don’t forget his Resistance Bravado which has a chance to expose all enemies. That ability when followed by an AoE attack deals great damage.

Where to use
Resistance Bravado applies taunt on top of the AoE Expose. In features such as Light Side Battles, Poe would probably be defeated from his taunt, causing you to miss out your 3-star completion. However, it doesn’t matter in Squad Arena. Poe would be defeated, but his opponents would suffer even more.

Unit Synergy
If you are looking for the AoE attack after the AoE expose, Jedi Knight Anakin is a good one to choose. If Poe is defeated after he uses his Resistance Bravado, Righteous Fury will grant Anakin meter fill and offense buff. Then, you can use Smite to clear off all the exposed enemies and apply his on-kill offence buff to allies.

Character Shard Locations
  • Cantina Shipments

&nbsp

&nbsp
Finn
b7jalar5jsiu.png

Overview
If you are looking for a unit that’s easy to use and fits everywhere then Finn is the one to go after. Finn is simple and powerful. His Balanced Tactics provides an offense and defense buff which fits well with any party, and his Takedown ability can literally take an enemy down if both the stun and expose effects go off.

Where to use
At Light Side Stage 5, you will face Count Dooku, a powerful boss with 100% counter chance. However, even Dooku can’t counter when he is stunned. So if Finn can land his Takedown on Dooku, you are half way from beating the node.

Unit Synergy

After an enemy is exposed by Takedown, you will need someone to deliver the finishing blow. Resistance Trooper is a perfect candidate to get the job done. His Opportune Strike gets -2 turns on its cooldown if the target has any negative status effects. Using Takedown followed by Opportune Strike will give your fight a perfect start.

• Squad Cantina Battles - Mission 3E

&nbsp

&nbsp
Rey
1vu7r3usajn3.png

Overview
Rey’s style in combat is to build up her buffs with Shifting Strike and Leverage and then deliver a heavy attack with Flurry of Blows. It would take time to pull off the combo, but the payout is incredible: a 4-hit attack with the offense buff from Leverage and Focused Strikes would take down bosses quickly, as if they were a weaker enemy.

Where to use
In Light Side Battles and Squad Cantina, you will usually encounter one or two bosses with a crowd of weaker enemies. In this case, you can set up Rey’s buffs as you are taking out the weaker enemies first. When all the weaker enemies are down, chances are that Rey will be ready to deliver her Flurry of Blows and finish the boss for you.

Unit Synergy
To use Rey to her full potential, it’s important to use Leverage when she has a buff on her. Princess Leia’s Against All Odds allows her to give critical chance buff to Rey so she can skip the step of Shifting Strike, go directly to Leverage, and deliver a faster and more powerful Flurry of Blows.

• Light Side Battle - Hard Mission 6D
  • Dark Side Battle - Hard Mission 6B
Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz

Replies

• Skye
    795 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Erm... Rey is farmable in Light side 2A and Dark 5-D both hard mode... according to the find info in game
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Is Poe Dameron worth levelling?
  • Rogerfan wrote: »
    Is Poe Dameron worth levelling?

I think i am gonna switch my focus from 6 staring Daka to him, eventhough he will be nerfed within a month for sure
  • Do you think Poe Dameron has become a better tank than Chewie? Should I start leveling him up or should I keep up with Chewie?
    Thanks for the input
  • First off, excellent work EA_Jesse, this is a great piece of content here for us. Second, most have the million dollar question......"Are these guys worth upgrading???" I'd say, let the big spenders here buy and upgrade them and they'll say what their worth.

I would imagine that maybe WhipiT may buy this package since he's one of the top players and he shares information that is very detailed and useful and there are others who do the same, he came to mind first.....
  • Rogerfan wrote: »
    Is Poe Dameron worth levelling?

I think i am gonna switch my focus from 6 staring Daka to him, eventhough he will be nerfed within a month for sure

I have poe leveled up and gear 6 already. Id say he outclassed chewie. Mainly his taunt is 2 turns, has turn meter down for enemy and expose for whole enemy team. Then sidious aoe following that is just monster damage. Id say best tank right now with taunt.
  • So Poe is the new best tank beating chewie for taunts? I was looking to get Storm Han for his taunt X 2 but it sounds like this Poe Dameron may be the new thing. This might be a noob question but what is "Expose"? And the others like "Advantage, Retribution etc"? Thanks
    Can't beat POE and aren't willing to change strats to defeat him? Cry nerf lol
  • Somehow I don't see anywhere close to the same type of synergies as the first order team. What are all your thoughts?
  • What I have seen with Poe is that he does not have the same HP nor the same armor than chewie, so when i taunt with him , he tends to die faster. He doesnt have the same self healing than chewie. I dont know what do you think
  • LordYUGOLOTH
    228 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    KTroy24 wrote: »
    So Poe is the new best tank beating chewie for taunts? I was looking to get Storm Han for his taunt X 2 but it sounds like this Poe Dameron may be the new thing. This might be a noob question but what is "Expose"? And the others like "Advantage, Retribution etc"? Thanks

Retribution : from what I understand, it gives u a 100% counter for a round or more for that specific hero..i.e. Kylo Ren

Expose : shows the cracks in ur armor let's say.. Making u more vulnerable for increase damage since ur armor gets reduced (with a 2* Resistance trooper and exposed, I can do up to 5300 damage with his opportunity strike..imagine with a 6-7*.. And you can farm him missions 3-A both sides I think)

Advantage : as the name says, gives ur hero a damage boost or ability boost whenever ur health is below 50% i.e. FO tie fighter.. It's basically a mental confidence booster for ur hero :)

I was thinking of inserting Darth Maul with Poe...either that or Poe, Sid and Vader...stay tuned
  • numore wrote: »
    What I have seen with Poe is that he does not have the same HP nor the same armor than chewie, so when i taunt with him , he tends to die faster. He doesnt have the same self healing than chewie. I dont know what do you think

Read EA Jesse's post above

"Resistance Bravado applies taunt on top of the AoE Expose. In features such as Light Side Battles, Poe would probably be defeated from his taunt, causing you to miss out your 3-star completion. However, it doesn’t matter in Squad Arena. Poe would be defeated, but his opponents would suffer even more."
  • Poe seems like a good guy for pvp. Taunt then toss a couple aoes and you should be good to go. Not so useful for missions where your aiming for three stars.
  • Please release a Rey bundle. She is the star of the movie, and I am sure that many other s out there like me would spend to get her.
  • KTroy24 wrote: »
    So Poe is the new best tank beating chewie for taunts? I was looking to get Storm Han for his taunt X 2 but it sounds like this Poe Dameron may be the new thing. This might be a noob question but what is "Expose"? And the others like "Advantage, Retribution etc"? Thanks

Retribution : from what I understand, it gives u a 100% counter for a round or more for that specific hero..i.e. Kylo Ren

Expose : shows the cracks in ur armor let's say.. Making u more vulnerable for increase damage since ur armor gets reduced (with a 2* Resistance trooper and exposed, I can do up to 5300 damage with his opportunity strike..imagine with a 6-7*.. And you can farm him missions 3-A both sides I think)

Advantage : as the name says, gives ur hero a damage boost or ability boost whenever ur health is below 50% i.e. FO tie fighter.. It's basically a mental confidence booster for ur hero :)

I was thinking of inserting Darth Maul with Poe...either that or Poe, Sid and Vader...stay tuned

Uh... Are you making stuff up, or something?

Retribution is right, 1 turn of 100% counter

Expose- Next incoming attack Consumes it to take off 20% of the character's MAX health in addition to whatever damage that attack does. (EXTREMELY useful)

Advantage- Causes this character's attacks to bypass Resist/Armor. However, it is removed if you get hit twice. From what I saw, everyone who can apply it has ties to First Order (FO characters and Finn) and First Order characters get boosts on their moves (usually only the basic attack) with it.
    The 50% HP is the FO Tie Pilot's passive, he gains Advantage when an enemy drops to 50% HP or lower.
  • Coming from someone who is 14 characters shy of having all of them and all characters are gear 4 or higher, Rey is a mean attacker who complements my arena team (Darth Vader, Jedi Counselor, Emperor, Darth Maul and Rey). Depending on start of turn I use Darth Vaders crushing blow, then Emperor's demoralizing Blades, follow that up with Darth Mauls whirling blades and depending on turn meter use reys 1st attack leverage to power her up to finish whatever opponent is left with Reys flurry of blows. Now mind you I work my butt of to amass a large amount of ability mats to level up their attacks to max which helps me quite a bit. If you would like more information on a particular character shoot me an email and I would be happy to help. Merry Christmas!
  • Hmm. I have Poe at 4 star gear level 4, player level 43. The guys dies within few moves of his bravado, be in battles or arena. So far has been the most useless of all my 4-stars. Am I missing something?
  • Poe is awesome with the right team synergy

Try him with all 3 droids (IG86, IG88, HK47) and either Poggle/Lobot/ or any healer/attacker u like

U should thank me after.. A player on my server is using this combo and imo is probably my biggest challenger to take my Arena #1 rank away (beside that obvious hacker that EA keeps avoiding the issue)
  • WarpSpeedyMcGee
    3 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Hey- sounds like you are referring to me. I've tried to take your spot 3 times and was only successful once… and you promptly took it back :smile: I don't seem to have issues with anyone else though. Poe is the key, it is a strong team.
  • I really tried Poe but there's no way I keep him on a team. He dies way too fast where Chewy seems immortal. So, my dream team (Han+Chewy) is back. No Poe anymore for me.
  • WarpSpeedyMcGee
    3 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    The reason Poe works on the droid team is because the fight is usually decided in the first two turns. His two turn taunt protects your IG-86 and IG-88 long enough to clean house. Also, the expose he applies synergizes incredibly well with this burst team (including IG-88's Adaptive Aim Algorithm passive). That being said, I'm finding I still have issues with tanky high dodge and/or stun teams. If my droids miss or are stunned, or I just don't get critical hits, I'm toast.
    Post edited by WarpSpeedyMcGee on
  • Hey- sounds like you are referring to me. I've tried to take your spot 3 times and was only successful once… and you promptly took it back :smile: I don't seem to have issues with anyone else though. Poe is the key, it is a strong team.

Yup :)

For me, ur my toughest opponent when I attack.. Ur dmg burst is quite impressive and faster than those slower heroes (aka Maul and Asajj)

Have ever tried switching Poggle for a healer like Daka or Ewok Elder?
  • I really tried Poe but there's no way I keep him on a team. He dies way too fast where Chewy seems immortal. So, my dream team (Han+Chewy) is back. No Poe anymore for me.

To each his own.. If ur more a slower tank and spank kinda guy, obviously, Poe isn't for u

But if u want to create havoc and do fast kills, Poe is a great addition.. He has great speed compared to chewie and exposes enemies.. Huge dmg boost
  • I actually have considered a healer over Poggle and it works fine in Galactic War. For Arena, You guys are so beefy that I feel like I can't lose the 50% damage boost and droid speed buff. My burst just feels way gimped without him and I can't kill your dps before they get healed.
  • ckl
    18 posts Member
    Poe needs to have a high potency and tenacity to be effective. If you are not exposing the enemy and not self healing by shaking off deteriorating effects, Poe is too weak still and needs more gear and stuff. He is meant to be good against tank/support/healer teams. Not the best choice against an attacker team.
  • DarthSLR wrote: »
    Hmm. I have Poe at 4 star gear level 4, player level 43. The guys dies within few moves of his bravado, be in battles or arena. So far has been the most useless of all my 4-stars. Am I missing something?

I'm pretty new to the game but I got Poe from the start. Third day playing and at level 30. Poe has gear level 3, I have 10 characters to utilize but having both Poe and Chewy has been a pretty decent strategy. I use Poes taunt when there's a lot of enemies and they key is to follow with AoE attacks. In Arena he is very useful. In regular fights so far he does decent damage but I don't taunt til near the end of fights or I want to use a heal. Chewy is my main tank in light side battles. But Poe has been dominant in Arena fights if you have an AoE hitter.

Early in the game I've found it useful for new players to hold your finger on everything. Detailed descriptions in fights and around the console area tell you what everything is and does. So far having the Jedi Healer and nightsister healer with chewy and Poe and an AoE clone or Jawa has been very effective in all fighting areas including the arena. Mix collecting gear upgrades with shards for one or two players you want, and then push through the light/dark levels with your remaining energy has been a solid start for me. All my peeps are at level 30 with gear level 3, halfway to getting Dooku and check the shipments in every area, cantina, arena, and regular, by nabbing shards via shipments for specific players I'm close to Sidious, Ventriss, and Ahsoka as well.

• DarthSLR wrote: »
    Hmm. I have Poe at 4 star gear level 4, player level 43. The guys dies within few moves of his bravado, be in battles or arena. So far has been the most useless of all my 4-stars. Am I missing something?

Me to I use his bravado and he DIES
  • KnightMare---So far having the Jedi Healer and nightsister healer with chewy and Poe and an AoE clone or Jawa has been very effective in all fighting areas including the arena.

Sounds pretty good but I'm not so sure the nightsister is a good idea she is pretty weak
  • How unlock characters faster
    Junoir j
  • junoirje wrote: »
    How unlock characters faster

$pend alot of money you will unlock characters faster ~
  • I think Poe has possibilities in some special synergies late game; however, I've pretty much had to put him away for almost everything because he simply does not have the HP or damage resist (or combo thereof) to withstand his own special (which is kinda ridiculous really). He is just SO squishy.

I have an idea on how to use him but boy is it dependent on having a very specific character set at 5*+ basically.