So, nothing for SW:CW Season 7?

Devian
663 posts Member
edited April 2020
Such an opportunity for Order 66 and one of the most important parts of SW history.
So many popular characters to exploit on. And yet - the only chance to replay episode 3 and we have nothing. Even small little character.
*sigh*

Replies

• Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    d7a3ae5506817d1ef60dabde37150fe9.jpg
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Lol as much as we can blame cg for things I’ll give them leeway on this.

From the finale of the Skywalker saga to Mando- CW/GR toons got pushed from to the wayside. That’s a business daddy move for sure. I can’t fault them.

Even though CW has some of the best SW content.
    Bad batch, non Jedi, lightsaber wielding, pre fulcrum Snips that we could argue about her tags like Visa.

Crime syndicate maul, Voss, etc etc. All great stuff.

I get it. They have to push forward for the “bigger things” not always the better things. Mando content was slated for September- it got pushed up.
  • CG: "lol no"

Sadly
  • In august
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Lol as much as we can blame cg for things I’ll give them leeway on this.

From the finale of the Skywalker saga to Mando- CW/GR toons got pushed from to the wayside. That’s a business daddy move for sure. I can’t fault them.

Bad batch, non Jedi, lightsaber wielding, pre fulcrum Snips that we could argue about her tags like Visa.

I get it. They have to push forward for the “bigger things” not always the better things. Mando content was slated for September- it got pushed up.

its also not like they can't come back to some of these at a later date.

many if not all of the characters in this show fall into existing factions and or story lines (tangentially at least) from other sources. at any time they could be brought in here and there.
  • I remember when CG used to release relevant content alongside big releases for the Star Wars IP. Phasma was released before Ep 7.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I remember when CG used to release relevant content alongside big releases for the Star Wars IP. Phasma was released before Ep 7.

They have for movies. Mando is the first current non movie related content they have added. its not like they are breaking some trend with this current decision.
  • I remember when CG used to release relevant content alongside big releases for the Star Wars IP. Phasma was released before Ep 7.

Sith Trooper was out before EP9.

Many of these kits have spoilers - meaning Disney won’t let them be released until an embargo is up.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Lol as much as we can blame cg for things I’ll give them leeway on this.

its also not like they can't come back to some of these at a later date.

many if not all of the characters in this show fall into existing factions and or story lines (tangentially at least) from other sources. at any time they could be brought in here and there.

Yep! That’s what I’m hoping for.
    Also I know people are screaming for content and toons. I’m kind of enjoying the chance to “catch up” or to make certain toons up to snuff.

Been playing for 4 years I’m in it till the end!
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    They let you buy GR jedi shards in the weekly shipments at 5 shards/ million credits. What else do you want?!? (sarcasm)
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    I remember when CG used to release relevant content alongside big releases for the Star Wars IP. Phasma was released before Ep 7.

They have for movies. Mando is the first current non movie related content they have added. its not like they are breaking some trend with this current decision.
    If you mean 'before' shows - then no, Mando's characters came after. If related to the shows at all - then Rogue One, Rebels.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Devian wrote: »

If you mean 'before' shows - then no, Mando's characters came after. If related to the shows at all - then Rogue One, Rebels.

I am not specifying before or after, just what the source was:

The Rogue One characters we have were released in conjunction with the movie. but yes you are correct I forgot about the characters from Rebels, but I also dont think that was along side any "big release"

Again, this current choice doesn't seem to be bucking any trend.
  • Kyno wrote: »

I am not specifying before or after, just what the source was:

The Rogue One characters we have were released in conjunction with the movie. but yes you are correct I forgot about the characters from Rebels, but I also dont think that was along side any "big release"

Again, this current choice doesn't seem to be bucking any trend.

Pretty sure the rebels characters were released in 2017, which would have been seasons 3 or 4. Considering that, and the Mando timeline, i would not expect CW content before late summer/early fall.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Same question asked when the madalorian was on ....
    Be patient.
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Same question asked when the madalorian was on ....
    Be patient.
    It's the last season and it revives memories of e3. And the answer was 'not in near future"... so...
  • Devian wrote: »
    Be patient.
    It's the last season and it revives memories of e3. And the answer was 'not in near future"... so...

They said "not at the moment" (or something like that), when the madalorian was on, so be patient.
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    ...its also not like they can't come back to some of these at a later date.

Shocking that they assume the players will still be there though.

Can only be treated like fools for so long.

• Devian
    663 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Be patient.

They said "not at the moment" (or something like that), when the madalorian was on, so be patient.
    Q: With the new and final season of the Clone Wars coming to an end soon, can we expect in the future to see some new/returning characters introduced into SWGOH?
    A: CG_Tophat - Not in the near future.
    Q: Are there plans to rework some of the Galactic Republic jedi ?
    A: CG_Tophat - None at this time, unfortunately. We hope to circle back to them at some point.
    So at least half a year, plus with changing some stuff members and starting some new game mode... it's like probably not this year or at all(coz devs hope(which means no plans at all))
    ____
    You may ask why I add the post about rework - coz devs said previously that rework will most likely happen with new characters changing existing characters
  • CW season 7 is not even finished. They are already working on something else, releasing Mandalorian content, so we have to be patient. It doesnt mean they will never come back to CW era, they just dont have the time yet. Also, there is the Covid-19 so their productivity is impacted, they cant work normally, as most of us
    Patience, young padawan
    Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise ?
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Who cares about CW content... Where is Meetra and the rest of the KOTOR 2 content? Where is SWTOR content? I want my Emperor! :)
  • I think the prime time for them to release CW Season 7 content is July and I'll tell you why.

As they start the new quarter, they'll want something to grab our attention for the last half of the year.
    If we assume Mando content is gonna be spread almost over this whole quarter combined with some ESB love coming next month, they're obviously busy and waiting for Season 7 to end.

This means that the optimal time is the start of the quarter after this when CW will have been done for two months to let it sink in.

HOWEVER, this also means that if they miss this optimal timing, the end result of them releasing the content could possibly be "too little too late" or "why does this matter now when the new ______ is coming out?"

They're treading on very thin ice by delaying such highly anticipated content, but if they do it right it could really play well for them and push them into the back half of the year with a bang. My problem is I don't know if I can trust them to do it right at this point, and I need them to make this quarter fantastic to convince me otherwise.
  • Do we really need more characters though? I don't have anything to do with most of the ones I already have.
  • Akenno wrote: »
    Who cares about CW content... Where is Meetra and the rest of the KOTOR 2 content? Where is SWTOR content? I want my Emperor! :)

Everyone but you.
  • Shadowmaster4
    475 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    BeralCator wrote: »
    Do we really need more characters though? I don't have anything to do with most of the ones I already have.

That's another part of the problem, they need to update the content for a lot of their characters. If they focused on CW content for even a little bit, they only need to add like two or three characters (Ahsoka, Maul, Jesse the ARC Trooper, *maybe* the sisters from that arc that took way too long) and then they could focus on actual content, like an event or a new mode or a better Galactic War or something. Or they could use these new characters to beef up an underused section of the roster and give you a reason to use them.

Your point is valid, but that's exactly the problem: without new content and characters to force the meta to evolve, none of us will ever use half of the roster.
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    BeralCator wrote: »
    Do we really need more characters though? I don't have anything to do with most of the ones I already have.

That's another part of the problem, they need to update the content for a lot of their characters. If they focused on CW content for even a little bit, they only need to add like two or three characters (Ahsoka, Maul, Jesse the ARC Trooper, *maybe* the sisters from that arc that took way too long) and then they could focus on actual content, like an event or a new mode or a better Galactic War or something. Or they could use these new characters to beef up an underused section of the roster and give you a reason to use them.

Your point is valid, but that's exactly the problem: without new content and characters to force the meta to evolve, none of us will ever use half of the roster.
    Sisters - nah
    But, s7 being e3 in many ways means it's the best opportunity to add all those characters we've been missing, including key characters form s7 like Asoka and Maul.

• Devian
    663 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Hope CG watched last 4 episodes and love SW content
    Legendary Ahsoka, 'Jesse', Legendary Maul, 'Ridge'(to differentiate a helmet), Coruscant Guard would be a nice tribute.
    Post edited by Devian on