New raid???

So you have spent last 6 months promising a raid and players have spent money prepping for it and now you say you arent releasing it. I myself feel like i have been mislead and money i spent was towards a thing you have failed to deliver on.. i contacted ea and they say to reach out here on forums but it seems to be against the rules and the only links provided for refund go back to ea who again told me to post here and i do have screenshots. Anyways if you could update the link to provide a way to reach out to swgoh game devs for this issue that would be much appreciated thank you.

Replies

• TVF
    36524 posts Member
    So you have spent last 6 months promising a raid

No they didn't.

If you spent money prepping for something they never promised, and certainly for something that has no known requirements, that's 100% on you.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    So you have spent last 6 months promising a raid and players have spent money prepping for it and now you say you arent releasing it....

They didn't say they are not releasing it, just that it has been put on pause at the moment. it is still coming.
    k2crg39vlmf2.png
    ...I myself feel like i have been mislead and money i spent was towards a thing you have failed to deliver on.. .

Can I ask what you have been preparing? every raid that has been released has had some fairly unpredictable sets of teams to get through it.
    Anyways if you could update the link to provide a way to reach out to swgoh game devs for this issue that would be much appreciated thank you.

I am not sure who you spoke to, but the path to follow for a refund is listed in the Forum Guidelines and that is the correct link listed in there.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/127295/forum-guidelines

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    So you have spent last 6 months promising a raid and players have spent money prepping for it and now you say you arent releasing it. I myself feel like i have been mislead and money i spent was towards a thing you have failed to deliver on.. i contacted ea and they say to reach out here on forums but it seems to be against the rules and the only links provided for refund go back to ea who again told me to post here and i do have screenshots. Anyways if you could update the link to provide a way to reach out to swgoh game devs for this issue that would be much appreciated thank you.

maybe if you post the screenshots here someone can help
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • joshuakawlewski
    32 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    They have said on multiple occasions this raid was coming so that is them telling going back on their word thus breaking their word with players.. it was originally mentioned as possibly coming last year but with things they were working on they were expecting it first part of the year. I can go thru q and a and road aheads to try to find that or you can do your own research but it was said and has been said multiple times... anyways they failed to deliver and whos fault is it when the devs say they are working on a thing and then say they postponed it to work on another thing that may or may not even be related or have any impact on game at all? Above chat says they were working on it last year so what have they been working on this year and why wait till now to tell us? Is the new thing they are working on going to take another half year before they postpone that too?

It all leaves more questions than answers. But as a paying player i am paying for them to do what they say they will do and if they cannt or wont do that than there is no justification to be had in paying them.
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    They have said on multiple occasions this raid was coming so that is them telling going back on their word thus breaking their word with players.. it was originally mentioned as possibly coming last year but with things they were working on they were expecting it first part of the year. I can go thru q and a and road aheads to try to find that or you can do your own research but it was said and has been said multiple times... anyways they failed to deliver and whos fault is it when the devs say they are working on a thing and then say they postponed it to work on another thing that may or may not even be related or have any impact on game at all? Above chat says they were working on it last year so what have they been working on this year and why wait till now to tell us? Is the new thing they are working on going to take another half year before they postpone that too?

It all leaves more questions than answers. But as a paying player i am paying for them to do what they say they will do and if they cannt or wont do that than there is no justification to be had in paying them.

I have looked before when people try claiming this same thing. they mention starting work on a new raid in 1 Q&A from last year.

Edit: sorry, 2 Q&As where they even mention a raid, and one specifically says this:

Q: How much of the dev team that would normally work on new content for swgoh was diverted to the new project that was announced?
    A: CG_Tophat - None. I assume this is a question about the "slow down" in content. Making the Territory Battle is a pretty monumental undertaking. We have to model the new units, come up with new kits, and balance tens of combat nodes. We are also starting preliminary ideation on a raid (no promises), finishing work on the Epic Confrontation, and preparing for Episode IX. It's busy here.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

but the raid is still coming, so how are they going back on their word?
  • When is it coming tho next year now? It took them this long to not finish what they started so now they are starting something new which we can assume will take another 6 months if they complete it.. after which they than have to resume the raid so likely wont see it this year at all being realistic about the time it takes to do stuff.. and for a raid that they said could have possibly rolled out last year but were counting on first part of this year this is just not acceptable.. absolute soonest we can anticipate is last 1/4 of this year which is a half year behind the timeframe they gave but it will likely be longer...

and would be a big deal but when a raid launches we antipate launch working with current toons and rosters aka galactic legends and so than prepping galactic legend yields an immediate result but now if this raid take place next year chances are there is 0 need for either this kylo or rey and there is def no need to spend on them when we have a full year to work on them for free. And same goes for any toons that players could possibly work be working on.. when new raid launches it will simply cater to a kit of newest pay to play characters. So that timeframe does matter being you are going to have to pay to have most current roster and be prepped from the raids start.
  • Idk how many commentators are paying players but keep in mind that ppl who pay are supporting the game bringing new content. It is a different outlook if you are free to play. However if everyone was free to play than they would have no money for any new content and that is a thing apparently they are allready short money even tho the game has grossed over a billion dollars
  • I do apologize for any comments i dont mean to offend its just frustrating to see that paying players who keep the game alive and whose concerns should matter are that easilly disregarded. It can have a negative effect on not only this game but future games produced by same companies and that can lead to a day when we see nobody wanting to make star wars games because they base success off of the way this plays out.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    paying or not, this is a little hard to understand where you are coming from. There are no details about the raid, there is no date of release. Its very unclear what you used as a guideline to "get ready" and how you can put that on them.

they didn't disregard anything, or anyone.

So there is no reason to get GLs into our rosters and ready sooner than later if there is no raid coming soon? Those toons wont appear in arena, TWs,GACs, or be helpful in TBs? anyone spending to get them now isn't going to get an advantage without a raid here?
  • CamaroAMF
    1279 posts Member
    You pay for whatever you are buying, be it crystals, shards, gear, whatever. You aren’t paying for future content.
  • Odds of you getting matched up against somone with galactic legends is slim unless you have them and process of unlocking them inflates your roster to the point you all but guarantee those matchups to happen so it isnt a huge advantage in pvp, shaakti clones and padme hold their own in tb and existing raids and are more affordable have equal purpose dont require events to unlock and dont give you relic toons that are useless..

So ya if smart there is no point in paying for galactic legends anymore without a raid and without knowing what and when they are releasing as alternative.

.you do pay for what you get shards/gear but you dont pay for shards/gear without a purpose or reason unless you are just burning money. And you can either pay after or try and pay before when demand is low bit usually we have been able to guess farms we need based off current meta and content to be released. Ex tbs have required teams we knew in advance what factions were needed.. when hsith launched we knew about it and new the current meta was jtr and knew that that was likely best farm to go after.. historicallly if you go after what the game wants you to go after at that time it has a pretty quick payoff.. and in this case it just leaves you inflated gp facing similar opponents with no clear advantage in sight.