Training first or getting stars first: does it matter?

So I searched the above question but didn't turn up any relevant threads.

Does it matter whether you train up uour hero first (using droids) and then get the stars later? Or is it better to get shards for him/her to get more stars, then when you train him/her the stats improve more now that you have more stars?

Any help is greatly appreciated

S.W.

Replies

• Training is easier, by far, so do that first. I recommend going to Star Wars cantina and reading their guides.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Well you move training and stars in tandem, need levels and gear to beat maps so that's more of a complex answer

But staring up chars is better than multi 3/4 stars, then focus on gear , as gear gives more power than levels alone as you need 7* to compete at high end

A lot will tell you to focus on a set of chars and star/gear/Abilities , need discipline and focus , the more chars you try to power up the longer it takes to make a good pvp squad
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Thanks for the replies so far but that wasn't really my question.

When you train, your stats go up a bit based on "modifier" scores, which are dependant on the stars on your char then. Do these stats get "locked in" upon training, such that gaining another star later will only apply the higher modifiers from that point onwards?

Option 1: On a 1 star, level 1 character, I train up to level 10, then get enough shards to make him 2 star.

Option 2: I collect shards to make the character 2 star first, then i train to level 10.

Will Option 2 have better stats at level 10, or are they the same?
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    There's zero difference in what order you do it in. This game is not like evo'ing cards in swfc or similar games where you can gimp yourself by not properly evolving.
  • Order doesn't matter. When you star up, stats are gained for each level the char has.
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • Telaan wrote: »
    There's zero difference in what order you do it in. This game is not like evo'ing cards in swfc or similar games where you can gimp yourself by not properly evolving.

Thanks Telaan!! Great to know