The rewards for May are too suspicious

Prev1
Devian
671 posts Member
edited April 2020
Does this mean we have to morally prepare for an event which gonna require 2 galactic legend characters at the end of a month?

Replies

• TVF
    36600 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Of course not.

EDIT: Morally?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    It’s all part of Palpitine’s grand scheme... to earn more money.

Or just a nice gesture in light of COVID and May.
  • Options
    Devian wrote: »
    Does this mean we have to morally prepare for an event which gonna require 2 galactic legend characters at the end of a month?

I think you're right about it being suspicious.

But it probably has more to do with all the 1-month bans they have been handing out for TOS violations.

Thanks CG for rewarding the players that follow the rules.

...now do you censor the link to your own announcement?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/228089/reminder-to-not-buy-crystals-from-third-parties#latest
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    These are fun theories.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    I enjoy fun theories
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    I, for one, am morally prepared.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Options
    What rewards?
  • JohnLove11
    153 posts Member
    Options
    Obviously we were given Traya because we're all stuck in isolation with COVID
  • LarGe
    113 posts Member
    Options
    I think it has more to do with Disney dropping EA. But we'll see
  • thomssi
    526 posts Member
    Options
    LarGe wrote: »

They haven't. You are reading too much into the Battlefront thing.
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Options
    thomssi wrote: »
    LarGe wrote: »

They haven't. You are reading too much into the Battlefront thing.

EA and Dice have had a massive effort getting themselves out of the battlefront thing*

Respawn made a good game, battlefront 2 is now a good game.
    That is about all that has come from the star wars license.
    Tremendous waste imo.
  • Options
    I think it is probably related to the earth being flat.

Or (stick with me, this theory is out there) they just wanted to give us better rewards for a month when lots of people are stuck at home and will likely look to their game for a respite.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Flat earth seems more likely to me. If you don't think so, just look out the window.
  • Options
    My personal opinion, though I hope it doesn't prevent anyone from enjoying the month of May and the events, is that they already had most of this slated either for May 4th or StayandPlay and they decided to not make a second gift/event and say this was for both, so it looks good for one but a bit dulled down when you consider the events and double drops are the same they did in April and the login rewards are basically what they would've given in just the inbox gift of previous years diluted over a whole month. It's fine, I think it's a good gift, but my guess is that the "suspicious" part is that it's the whole month and I think that was efficiency (or laziness) on their part depending on how you look at it.
  • Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    My personal opinion, though I hope it doesn't prevent anyone from enjoying the month of May and the events, is that they already had most of this slated either for May 4th or StayandPlay and they decided to not make a second gift/event and say this was for both, so it looks good for one but a bit dulled down when you consider the events and double drops are the same they did in April and the login rewards are basically what they would've given in just the inbox gift of previous years diluted over a whole month. It's fine, I think it's a good gift, but my guess is that the "suspicious" part is that it's the whole month and I think that was efficiency (or laziness) on their part depending on how you look at it.

I think it just played out oddly, but my take away from it is that the month of May will be the best month a lot of us have had all year in game.

They decided not to announce an in box gift for the 4th this year, but that doesn’t mean they won’t give us one.

They also made a lot of players happy with the log in character, which rarely happens.

True, I was pleasantly surprised by Traya. Bit annoyed that I just unlocked her on one of my accounts after like six months, but happy I can make progress to 7 stars easier. They really picked a good one.
  • Jakdnels
    787 posts Member
    Options
    I look at it as double drops and an inbox gift on the 4th, like in previous years. EAs stayandplay includes the extra events, like last month And the extra calendar awards are CG's extra kiss to the community during a weird time in the world... maybe something relatively easy that they can control without having to go for approvals.
  • FofoBett
    137 posts Member
    Options
    I think you are just reading far too much into it - its a good package for May. We have a hard toon to get as a monthly reward, apart from Raid Han, I can't think of any other raid or challenge character being given away. The boost packages for double drops are great, yes you'll probably spend more crystals on refreshes but that's fine. If you want to buy the gear packets, then do so, no one is forcing you to pay - we all have that choice. I see packages as time savers, when I have the money and I want it, I am going to pay for it, otherwise I have to grind gear like everyone else.

So, for the record, I'm happy with what CG are doing for the Month of May...but I would have liked there to be more about celebrating 40 Years of ESB!
  • Options
    FofoBett wrote: »
    I think you are just reading far too much into it - its a good package for May. We have a hard toon to get as a monthly reward, apart from Raid Han, I can't think of any other raid or challenge character being given away. The boost packages for double drops are great, yes you'll probably spend more crystals on refreshes but that's fine. If you want to buy the gear packets, then do so, no one is forcing you to pay - we all have that choice. I see packages as time savers, when I have the money and I want it, I am going to pay for it, otherwise I have to grind gear like everyone else.

So, for the record, I'm happy with what CG are doing for the Month of May...but I would have liked there to be more about celebrating 40 Years of ESB!

That's a big part of my point, there's so much reason to celebrate in game this month: ESB, May 4th, StayandPlay. But this just feels like they had a very broad focus rather than celebrating each thing, which is fine! But a bit of an odd choice
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Battlefront 2 is now a fair and fun game, it is where I go each time swgoh makes me crazy.
    Very far from what swgoh has become with the powercreep and enormous amount of cash they trying to grab everyday
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Let's be honest, the rewards should be more suspicious.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    JohnLove11 wrote: »
    Obviously we were given Traya because we're all stuck in isolation with COVID

Hahaha. Threads done. We have a winner
  • thedrjojo
    953 posts Member
    Options
    FofoBett wrote: »

There was one month quite awhile back where General Kenobi was the login character, I will never forget after someone made a topic somehow claiming it was a ‘slap in the face’.

November 2018.
  • MooPoo
    24 posts Member
    Options
    I personally think it’s obvious next GL will be palpatine and will be a sith required one. This traya rewards are meant to boost those who don’t have 7* yet a lot closer. I’m sure their goal is by EOY to have at least 4 GL you can obtain.