Aggressive shard

Prev134
Recently started climbing in the arena and have come across some very hostile people. Is this sometime which should just be tolerated or is there something in place to prevent this happening. Why does making progress in the arena seem to make some people very angry, why can't they just welcome a new challenge?

Anyway, what level of abuse should be allowed? And is there anything in place to sort out those who are bullying other players?

Replies

• I would suggest contacting your shard on Discord/in-game and ask to join the chat. Will make your climb significantly easier. If they won't let you in, sorry to hear. But CG has no intention to change anything about that. Anyone can do whatever they want in Arena.
  • These are being very aggressive and not being nice. I think they have forgotten that this is a game.

But their actions and others like them abusing the game should face some sort of punishment or temporary ban.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    If you mean hostility in terms of getting hit, there's nothing you can do about it in terms of non-allowed actions.

But there's a lot you can actually do. This sounds like you are not aware of anyone else's payout times and just climb randomly. If that's the case, start with learning their POs using swgoh.gg. This is probably why the whole shard chat is targeting you right now. Then start climbing without hitting the ones with upcoming POs.

• AngryTalzin1
    25 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    I don't mean getting hit, can cope with that. It's the messages being rude. Demanding that you do what they say, without them telling you who you can hit. Telling you that you are not allowed in the top 30.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    If they are using abusive language in chat, you can take screenshots and send then to a moderator or CG_SBCrumb.

As far as them telling you what to do, no there is nothing in place to stop them from telling you what you can and cant do.
  • I am not in any arena chat,having said that i try to avoid hitting ppl on top of the hour,unless its my own payout ofc,so far noone messaged me ingame about anything,if they do,i am fine with it,i dont like pvp much,so ranks dont matter to me,its just something i have to do.
  • Okay, thanks for your comments. Guess I will just avoid the arena and let them have what they feel so passionate about.
  • No reason to avoid the arena. If you can get in the top ten it will help you grow. See if you can work around other folks' payout times and coordinate with them so you can rotate the top PO.
    Some of the shards request you take something other than the top 3 for x amount of weeks
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Okay, thanks for your comments. Guess I will just avoid the arena and let them have what they feel so passionate about.

no reason to avoid arena. you have options. Most would suggest trying to work with them, asking for a PO list so you can avoid players on their climb, or just expressing an interest in joining the group. others would suggest ignoring their statements and just battle it out to get as high as you can in the rankings.
  • Don't think I made myself very clear. They have demanded that I stay out of the top 30. After that they will decide if I've been a good boy and put me on a waiting list.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TBH that doesn't sound that aggressive. Aggressive shards dont let anyone in, at least they are offering you a path to get to where you want to be. (if you want to)
  • str2019
    64 posts Member
    If you stay out of top 30 like they demand of you they will have no incentive to let you in their little circle. You should just keep hitting them instead. At the very least spend all of your battles every day to climb as high as you can.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    I've never heard of a wait list to get in the top 30, that's hilariously sad of them.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    My situation is a bit unique.

I have never been in my arena shard chat. But when I got Rey and took #1, one person in the arena chat reached out to me asking me not to hit them before their payout, They explained they are Free to play. I obliged, They were polite in their request.

I have heard from him, that others in the shard chat aren't happy because I tend to snipe them or whatever. I told him, tell them tough cookies. I play when I want. I explained, he was the only one who reached out to me.
    And that when I had my GAS team and my DR team, they weren't showing me any love.

I am a whale, they know it. They know there is nothing preventing me from spending and holding #1 all day, all week all month all year. It's now them who are having to play nice. And I'm not in the shard.

My advice to you is, if you have the team to take a top spot... do it. Don't be apologetic either.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Lol.
  • Tezza23
    88 posts Member
    Names should be removed from arena so it’ll be harder for shards to work , it seems very much against the idea of pvp. If co -op was intended they should of made a duos arena .
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Tezza23 wrote: »
    Names should be removed from arena so it’ll be harder for shards to work

Which would lead to people constantly being sniped and everyone losing a ton of crystals. Great idea to make more money for CG, terrible for players.
  • Tezza23
    88 posts Member
    So what that’s the game , I’d rather that than the same people getting over and over not because they earned but because they fudged their way their.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

I have never been in my arena shard chat. But when I got Rey and took #1, one person in the arena chat reached out to me asking me not to hit them before their payout, They explained they are Free to play. I obliged, They were polite in their request.

I have heard from him, that others in the shard chat aren't happy because I tend to snipe them or whatever. I told him, tell them tough cookies. I play when I want. I explained, he was the only one who reached out to me.
    And that when I had my GAS team and my DR team, they weren't showing me any love.

I am a whale, they know it. They know there is nothing preventing me from spending and holding #1 all day, all week all month all year. It's now them who are having to play nice. And I'm not in the shard.

My advice to you is, if you have the team to take a top spot... do it. Don't be apologetic either.

That can’t be right. I learned whales HATE f2p players
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    So what that’s the game , I’d rather that than the same people getting over and over not because they earned but because they fudged their way their.

Can always tell who is not in a chat. It still has to be earned every day.
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    The arena payout is essential for many free to play. I get that. And if someone like the person in my shard reaches out to me,explaining that... I will respect that to the best of my ability most the time. I clearly don't need crystals from arena payout. I have both GL's R7.... greed is ugly no matter who wears it. Why do I rank high in arena? Because that's what my team does! That's where it's level is at. That's the team I want to play.

I am not intentionally sniping anyone. I'm just playing. Again, only one person in the shard has ever reached out to me. That one person is kinda the go between for the shard and me. Still, if no one is gonna talk to me directly and tell me their PO... then why bother?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    ZAP wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

That can’t be right. I learned whales HATE f2p players

I thought it was CG that hated FTP players 🤷‍♂️

its a vicious circle of hate. but only because we all love each other so much.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Wow, reading all your guys talking about your shards makes me kinda grateful to be on an overly friendly shard.

Last time I counted we have over 100 active players listed on our Discord Arena chat. Accidental drops do happen daily, but usually people apologize for the mistakes done and nobody makes a fuss about it (we also have a bot to record every change in the ranking, so no one can get away with sniping). Players with GLs usually drop their mods or change teams after their PO. And people who have the same PO coordinate to take turns for the ranking. And we welcome new players as soon as they make it to the top 50 by themselves.

I think this shall be the way. No need to make other players life miserable. But looks like that is not the case everywhere.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    If they won’t let you in, just force your way in. Keep at it and they will get tired of you doing it and they will let you in.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Agreed. Just start hitting the other shard folks during their PO and climb. Try to avoid the nicer folks and just hammar down the others.

My shard has a few friendlies and then it has Team Instinct. Some are great, one particular player is probably so bored out of their mind they kept bumping me down 11 hours before their own PO. So I started a grand scheme of picking a few targets on their shard list and focused on making their climb more difficult . The TI person is now online when they should be sleeping trying to keep me down. Small victory when I sniped 1st for my PO cause they thought I changed my PO. They even spent crystals to try to get me back down. But even GL Rey cant beat 2 GAS teams in 2 minutes apparently.

Anyways, they should move squad rewards to GAC so the whales can duke it out amongst themselves. I dont see much cheating in GAC anyways and if I do I doubt ill throw a fit for a few losses here and there if theyre sneaky cheaters. The obvious ones will be caught with .gg
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Names should be removed from arena so it’ll be harder for shards to work , it seems very much against the idea of pvp. If co -op was intended they should of made a duos arena .

That would just be a waste of time. We are all on a separate chat and could simply screen shot our teams and get right back to business as usual.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    There are two types of shard chats:

1. The chill kind where people are normal humans and will move out of the way for each other so everyone can get a decent payout.

2. The kind that is full of sad, angry dingdongs who apparently have so little control over their lives that they feel the need to bully people in a mobile game so they can feel better about themselves.

Sounds like you got #2. Tough break.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Antario wrote: »
    Wow, reading all your guys talking about your shards makes me kinda grateful to be on an overly friendly shard.

Last time I counted we have over 100 active players listed on our Discord Arena chat. Accidental drops do happen daily, but usually people apologize for the mistakes done and nobody makes a fuss about it (we also have a bot to record every change in the ranking, so no one can get away with sniping). Players with GLs usually drop their mods or change teams after their PO. And people who have the same PO coordinate to take turns for the ranking. And we welcome new players as soon as they make it to the top 50 by themselves.

I think this shall be the way. No need to make other players life miserable. But looks like that is not the case everywhere.

you have over a hundred people in your shard chat, coordinating 100 payouts? or?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you