Aggressive shard

Replies

• TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Antario wrote: »
    Wow, reading all your guys talking about your shards makes me kinda grateful to be on an overly friendly shard.

Last time I counted we have over 100 active players listed on our Discord Arena chat. Accidental drops do happen daily, but usually people apologize for the mistakes done and nobody makes a fuss about it (we also have a bot to record every change in the ranking, so no one can get away with sniping). Players with GLs usually drop their mods or change teams after their PO. And people who have the same PO coordinate to take turns for the ranking. And we welcome new players as soon as they make it to the top 50 by themselves.

I think this shall be the way. No need to make other players life miserable. But looks like that is not the case everywhere.

you have over a hundred people in your shard chat, coordinating 100 payouts? or?

We have 88. I just counted.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • You are playing a mobile internet game. Expect to be playing with mobile internet gamers. They don't tend to respect, anything, except their own interests. Tend to....
  • Dropper
    110 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    TBH that doesn't sound that aggressive. Aggressive shards dont let anyone in, at least they are offering you a path to get to where you want to be. (if you want to)

So you admit there are aggressive shards? pretty sure when i clicked OK to the T&C's there was nothing about shard's being controlled by 3rd party apps? and that if it peoples pay out you cant attack? and if i dont want to be attacked in my payout i have to join them?... what am i missing? or are you going to threaten me with a ban again?
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    Dropper wrote: »
    TBH that doesn't sound that aggressive. Aggressive shards dont let anyone in, at least they are offering you a path to get to where you want to be. (if you want to)

So you admit there are aggressive shards? pretty sure when i clicked OK to the T&C's there was nothing about shard's being controlled by 3rd party apps? and that if it peoples pay out you cant attack? and if i dont want to be attacked in my payout i have to join them?... what am i missing? or are you going to threaten me with a ban again?

Shards are not "controlled" by 3rd party apps. Any control comes from the fact that players may choose to cooperate to maximize crystal payouts, but they can only operate within the structure of the game (everyone must win offensive battles to climb).
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Social hierarchies are a cancer but the only way that the short comings of arena payouts could be addressed is by CG reworking the whole thing which inevitably lowers rewards because that's just what they'd do.

On the one hand shard chats are great because it lets players work the system more efficiently to get more crystals overall.
    On the other hand a player will tend towards being inherently selfish, protecting what they have, their own payout and the shard that works for them, providing motivation to bully newcomers back out of the social barrier that they have crafted.
    A lot of the time this results in systematic harassment which should not be allowed but is impossible to counter with how the game works. Unfortunately you are only left with one option which is the following summary,

Tl;dr git gud
  • thedrjojo
    949 posts Member
    I got into my shard chat when I got ga$, share a payout with another person and basically got in by agreeing to take 2nd every day. Small shard chat, everyone is pretty chill, working together especially now with some GL. Even with being in shard chat, I'm climbing from 40's to #2 every day in my 2hr before my payout window, avoiding people with a PO within 4hrs after mine, and using leftover battles to help coordinate or lock in people if needed. Sorry your shard sucks
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Social hierarchies are a cancer but the only way that the short comings of arena payouts could be addressed is by CG reworking the whole thing which inevitably lowers rewards because that's just what they'd do.

On the one hand shard chats are great because it lets players work the system more efficiently to get more crystals overall.
    On the other hand a player will tend towards being inherently selfish, protecting what they have, their own payout and the shard that works for them, providing motivation to bully newcomers back out of the social barrier that they have crafted.
    A lot of the time this results in systematic harassment which should not be allowed but is impossible to counter with how the game works. Unfortunately you are only left with one option which is the following summary,

Tl;dr git gud

Honestly I think Crystal's should be removed from it and placed somewhere else, otherwise CG just needs to go in put everyone's payout to be at the same exact time for everyone in that shard and that would break all of the arena chats, which is great for the game. Its suppose to be a computation not a rigged system

If they make any change to it rewards will be reduced.
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member

Tl;dr git gud

Honestly I think Crystal's should be removed from it and placed somewhere else, otherwise CG just needs to go in put everyone's payout to be at the same exact time for everyone in that shard and that would break all of the arena chats, which is great for the game. Its suppose to be a computation not a rigged system

Reduced is better than having this non sense, oh we where here first so we gonna tell you what to do, it's a game around who can be the best and climb up, not a game for you 40 people get the number 20 people get the number one spot each day, imagine if it was any other competition in other games and there were 20 people that came in first place. That's just silly.

They should make the payout time same for everyone in each shard, which would make all of those shard chats go away permanently

And it would then be extremely unfair to anyone who that set time didnt work for, seeing as many people have jobs, personal lives, and dont live in the same country.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Lysandrax wrote: »

Tl;dr git gud

Reduced is better than having this non sense, oh we where here first so we gonna tell you what to do, it's a game around who can be the best and climb up, not a game for you 40 people get the number 20 people get the number one spot each day, imagine if it was any other competition in other games and there were 20 people that came in first place. That's just silly.

They should make the payout time same for everyone in each shard, which would make all of those shard chats go away permanently

I keep thinking I’ve heard the worst idea for arena shards ever, but then someone suggests something even crazier than the last!
  • dogwelder79
    1465 posts Member

Tl;dr git gud

I used to play a game where the payout time was the same for everyone. As it was thought for american players, it was 6am for me. I never played that game mode.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    If that happened to me, I'll just ignore their messages and carry on doing it.

A waiting list? That's absurd.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    If they are using abusive language in chat, you can take screenshots and send then to a moderator or CG_SBCrumb.

As far as them telling you what to do, no there is nothing in place to stop them from telling you what you can and cant do.

Not even a mute button?
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Yes aggressive shard chats DO exist. I dont understand why. Yeah as a new member joining the best thing to do is agree to take whatever the lowest available payout is available at your time slot. Once you are in the shard chat, look for another time slot with less or no active people and offer to change your payout time to that. Be careful to pay attention to shard rules and try to be vocal in chat so people remember your name.

To all those who are complaining about shard chats or think they need to go away... you do realize you are being just as angry and toxic as the shard chats you are complaining about? Those toxic shards are restricting other people's ability to get top payouts. Meanwhile those wanting to get rid of shard chats are saying in essence, "If I can't get those rewards I want to lower those rewards so nobody else can get them either".

The best solution is to create your own shard chat or be willing to do whatever is needed to join the existing shard. However dont expect being in the shard chat to guarantee a top spot. You still.must earn your spot in most shard chats.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Bottom line is that it sucks when people with big pockets or massive crystal caches monopolize the shards top spots. However there’s really nothing that can be done as it breaks no rules.

Best thing you can do is try and become a part of the discord shard chat that I’m sure they have. Aside from that you can be methodical in your climb closer to payouts and can easily take top 20. That’s what I do. I hang around top 35/30 for a bit and when it’s almost payouts I climb.

What’s your current team and the meta in your shard?
  • Abandon the "rank at payout time" concept entirely.

Hide player names to prevent both collusion and harassment.

Give rewards based on the highest rank achieved in the past 24 hours.
  • ZAP wrote: »
    Abandon the "rank at payout time" concept entirely.

Hiding player names wouldn’t prevent collusion or harassment. Mods make chars/teams unique and identifiable.

It would make it more difficult and time-consuming to figure out who someone is.

If the payout system is based on best rank over the past 24 hours there wouldn't be as much reason to try to be in contact anyway. Climb to whatever position and you're done for the day.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    ZAP wrote: »
    Abandon the "rank at payout time" concept entirely.

Hiding player names wouldn’t prevent collusion or harassment. Mods make chars/teams unique and identifiable.

It would make it more difficult and time-consuming to figure out who someone is.

If the payout system is based on best rank over the past 24 hours there wouldn't be as much reason to try to be in contact anyway. Climb to whatever position and you're done for the day.

Not really there are discord bots that work off ally codes and show player movement in shards.

A 24 hour system wouldnt stop players from not wanting to drop "too far", so they would still have a reason to organize and work together to make sure everyone got to 1, and that the group doesnt drop "too far"
  • HolyDarkblade
    267 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Thats the better thing imho.

In my shard one is not cool and the only one out of the entire shard. Being able to climb whenever id want would work around its 24/7 no life as I know when it sleeps.

Its still fun messing with its buddies and watching it switch teams to try to drop to reach me though. So for now its sufficient to see its mates work harder due to its actions.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member

This will never happen because it would massively increase the crystals paid out by CG. Either that or they'd have to nerf the amount, so no thanks, I'll keep taking my 400-500 daily.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    you have over a hundred people in your shard chat, coordinating 100 payouts? or?

It's easy with the right tools/bots.

• Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    I keep seeing this idea to have a “best position in a 24 hour period” system. There is an obvious problem with that idea that causes an even worse problem than what we have now. The problem is that being first at the end of the 24 hr period allows you to be first for the next period as well. Meaning that you’ve now created a once a day payout that covers 2 days, and is the same for everyone. So more people would be fighting harder for that one spot at the end of the period.
  • Okay, so if there's this highly coveted "one spot" at the end of the period, it would be very difficult to claim. So if your assertions are true, putting forth all that effort and all those refreshes, at a time of the day that may not be convenient, wouldn't produce great results for that many people, as the top spots are limited and it simply wouldn't be worth it for many. It would lose its appeal.

Doing it when convenient - and this is a mobile phone game, so convenience is a good thing - would be the better option for the vast vast majority.

Also, I don't know if you're addressing someone else, but I never said the 24-hour window would need to restart at the same time for everyone.