Aggressive shard

Replies

• You could always keep poking the bear in battle and sniping them, and collect screenshots of their aggressive chat responses. If it gets to the point of harassment or intimidation you could report it with the proof. Take tips from Jeff Lowe on how to set someone up.
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Peace is a lie.
    Just hit them if have time.
  • Mitch08
    300 posts Member
    Don't think I made myself very clear. They have demanded that I stay out of the top 30. After that they will decide if I've been a good boy and put me on a waiting list.

Sounds like an issue that normal developers would care about. No luck here unfortunately.
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Mitch08 wrote: »
    Don't think I made myself very clear. They have demanded that I stay out of the top 30. After that they will decide if I've been a good boy and put me on a waiting list.

Sounds like an issue that normal developers would care about. No luck here unfortunately.

What's your proposed fix?
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    There are two types of shard chats:

1. The chill kind where people are normal humans and will move out of the way for each other so everyone can get a decent payout.

2. The kind that is full of sad, angry dingdongs who apparently have so little control over their lives that they feel the need to bully people in a mobile game so they can feel better about themselves.

Sounds like you got #2. Tough break.

Exactly. So fairest thing is not to have any as it'll mean innocent people aren't done over by #2.
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    CHFC22 wrote: »

1. The chill kind where people are normal humans and will move out of the way for each other so everyone can get a decent payout.

2. The kind that is full of sad, angry dingdongs who apparently have so little control over their lives that they feel the need to bully people in a mobile game so they can feel better about themselves.

Exactly. So fairest thing is not to have any as it'll mean innocent people aren't done over by #2.

Everyone is innocent until proven guilty.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Lysandrax wrote: »

Faulty comparison. If there's a chance it'll be a bad chat and you've no way of knowing which your shard has been lumbered with, then the fairest thing to do is to eliminate any chance of the bad thing happening. You might argue back "but what about the good things chat do" but my response woupd be that the cream would rise to the top - ie those with the strongest teams. May be equally difficult to break the top 10 or whatever, but at least I'd know it's because my team simply isn't strong enough rather than because the chat is full, or a rotten one.
  • Smidday
    134 posts Member
    Tell them to bolt, its a game. I don’t recall players in call of duty asking you to not kill them so they can win the match, unless it was those people that used to Nuke FFA with their friends and that was stamped out eventually.

What are they going to do if you can beat them? Theres nothing they can do if you keep sniping them either. Personally I’d just play when I want and how I want, you can mute and report players in game for abuse too btw. If they are threatening you or Giving abuse Just report them.
  • Pulsehammer
    158 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    I hate shard chats and their little mafia tactics. Keep climbing and PUNISH them if they try to coordinate to push you down. I've spent more than a few crystals to make the point that I'm not going anywhere and I won't yield to them
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member

I mean, sure, but CG has no real way of policing it, and even if they did, they have no incentive to do so.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Just make it like the other game that shall not be names like voldemort and keep shuffling arena shards over and over,there wont be any good way to coordinate anything like that again,simple easy fix.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    So many bad ideas in this thread.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Just make it like the other game that shall not be names like voldemort and keep shuffling arena shards over and over,there wont be any good way to coordinate anything like that again,simple easy fix.

If it had been designed like this from the beginning sure, but a major change like this to the main source of income for so many players would likely not end well for the game.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member

Again the only incentive for them would be reducing the amount of Crystal's given out each day, by making it all payouts at the same time like an actual tournament

You know what else reduces the amount of crystals paid out each day? Gangs of angrybois monopolizing shards and pushing everyone else out of the top spots. The job's already being done for them, with zero effort on their part. Why fix it if it ain't broke?
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Mitch08
    300 posts Member
    Just make it like the other game that shall not be names like voldemort and keep shuffling arena shards over and over,there wont be any good way to coordinate anything like that again,simple easy fix.

But then all the people abusing the laziness of the devs would get angry.
    Apparently that wouldn't end well.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

Why wouldn't you name another game? Doubt there's anything forbiding it.
  • YetiYeti
    434 posts Member

If your team is good enough to climb, then I've found that making an absolute nuisance of yourself will likely get you through the 'waiting list' faster.

Just, "Hey, I want to work with you guys, but you're being unreasonable, so Ill just climb to the best of my ability."
  • YetiYeti
    434 posts Member
    The arena payout is essential for many free to play. I get that. And if someone like the person in my shard reaches out to me,explaining that... I will respect that to the best of my ability most the time. I clearly don't need crystals from arena payout. I have both GL's R7.... greed is ugly no matter who wears it. Why do I rank high in arena? Because that's what my team does! That's where it's level is at. That's the team I want to play.

I am not intentionally sniping anyone. I'm just playing. Again, only one person in the shard has ever reached out to me. That one person is kinda the go between for the shard and me. Still, if no one is gonna talk to me directly and tell me their PO... then why bother?

Honestly, in my shard, we would have been courting the hell out of you to join. The second anyone shows up with a GL, then they basically need to be brought into Shard chat ASAP, even if they have never had a top 50 finish before that day.
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member

Faulty comparison. If there's a chance it'll be a bad chat and you've no way of knowing which your shard has been lumbered with, then the fairest thing to do is to eliminate any chance of the bad thing happening. You might argue back "but what about the good things chat do" but my response woupd be that the cream would rise to the top - ie those with the strongest teams. May be equally difficult to break the top 10 or whatever, but at least I'd know it's because my team simply isn't strong enough rather than because the chat is full, or a rotten one.

1. You can't eliminate chats.
    2. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty

Any 'faulty comparison' there has been inflicted by your own poor choice of words
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member

Any 'faulty comparison' there has been inflicted by your own poor choice of words

You're bringing in a legal comparison that's completely subjective anyway. I didn't do that.
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member

You're bringing in a legal comparison that's completely subjective anyway. I didn't do that.

You're labelling someone as innocent, seperate from the natural law that all people are innocent until found otherwise, and i am the one being subjective.
    Good to know.
  • Xcrit9
    108 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Okay, thanks for your comments. Guess I will just avoid the arena and let them have what they feel so passionate about.

Don't avoid anything don't ever let someone tell you what to do especially over the internet. do what you want and hit them over and over again they will get fed up and leave you alone and probably even invite you to their shard. They're probably just passed you're messing with their payout
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • if u want to make it harder for these shard chats to have power limit the number of day per week u can use some one in pvp to 1 or 2 days a week so u need 3-4 full teams of different people to compete (not the same 5 jedi in a different order)
    they get there money so they cant complain and it adds a whole new level of team crafting and the add fun of not seeing the the same team all day every day
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    if u want to make it harder for these shard chats to have power limit the number of day per week u can use some one in pvp to 1 or 2 days a week so u need 3-4 full teams of different people to compete (not the same 5 jedi in a different order)
    they get there money so they cant complain and it adds a whole new level of team crafting and the add fun of not seeing the the same team all day every day

Wow, no thanks.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    if u want to make it harder for these shard chats to have power limit the number of day per week u can use some one in pvp to 1 or 2 days a week so u need 3-4 full teams of different people to compete (not the same 5 jedi in a different order)

This might be a new contender for worst idea ever concocted to fix the "problem" of shard chats
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member

You're labelling someone as innocent, seperate from the natural law that all people are innocent until found otherwise, and i am the one being subjective.
    Good to know.

It's a natural law is it? I mean it isn't, and innocent & guilty are a human invention but ok. And even if they weren't your comparison still is wrong, but crack on.
  • Genpaku408
    119 posts Member
    i sit in a shard, and recently a guy has come in out of no where with the new toy to play with. Hitting everyone through out the day out of 1st.

I watched the shard try make contact to him, fail, to his guild and be told he doesnt want to be the in the shard.

So now I watch the shard punch this guy all the time now, and we are sure he's spending to instant refresh and more than 5 fights.

Not sure if they're stupid to not accept the joining of the shard or do more than 15 attacks in arena a day