F2P GL Progress

Replies

• w7qgg0b57x0y.png
    Getting close. Once I 7* Sith Marauder I’ll start farming signal data and get moving on relic levels. Still a ways away, though, because New Finn/Poe are hard nodes. Oh well!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    On April 4th I estimated 80-90 more days before I qualify for GL Rey. I had already been working on my Resistance for 2 months at that point (but they started off in very poor shape).

It's been 24 days, and I've made good progress. I'm not sure since I didn't break down my projections more finely, but I think I'm actually ahead of where I saw myself being at the end of this month

Still a LONG way to go for Hero Poe shards though (64/65 today). Getting close on the Y-Wing, which will give me 200 more energy and 25 more crystals per day when I'm done with that. I'll almost certainly use that to boost Hero Poe from 10 attempts / day up to 15/day. That leaves me with an extra 120 energy still, and that will go to gear.

So with 56-66 days left on my projection, I'm still okay. Still desperately lacking Gold Eyeballs to bring Vet Chewie up to g12, but everyone other than VC, Hero Finn & Hero Poe are g12 or g13.

For sanity more than anything else I decided to farm all the most difficult data first, up to 400 of them so I have all I need for everyone I want to promote to 7*. I'm at 395. I hate how slowly that tally increases, but I finally have my budget so now I can farm the data that doesn't increase so darn slowly, and bring all my g13 toons up to g3 in a jiffy.

So I don't have any required r7 toons yet, but I have the hardest data for all of them and have 2x the zimbiddles or whatever they are. I'll need 3 more of those + 6-7 more (I can't remember) of the special required for both r6 and r7. That's a good bit of work, but I can get that done on schedule, I think.

So far things are shaping up so that from cr@ppy Resistance (but everyone at 7* except the Hero toons) to meeting requirements is still looking like a 5 month project, given my daily crystal budget.

That won't be everyone's FtP experience, but I think it's a decent touchstone. Not many FtP folks have a daily crystal budget larger than 650. For those of you that have already qualified and/or gotten GL Rey, can you tell us how long you worked on your toons to get them up to requirements, and what shape your faction was in before you started?

@Kenkenkaden
    @0dysseusK
    @GreenGoblin96
    @MaruMaru

Your experience sounds like it aligns with the majority f2p experience. So they shouldn't just throw in the towel because it will take too long. Raid being on hold for now is great, because you can wrap it close to when it comes out. If you haven't been arena topping, you still won't be so it doesn't present a new problem either. High gp gac is shifting towards GLs though. There was none in my pools week 1-2 and one in week 3-4.

I started as soon as the first batch of requirements were announced. At that point I dropped all other things, i.e. stopped y-wing farming etc. and only g13ed the prereqs. The only exclusion to this was Wat which I recently took to g12+5. Withholding rest until I have a Rey r7. At the announcement time I had a g12 standart rez team that included a g12 holdo and none of the junk (all g7-8, cuz I'm a ****). I had no crystal pile (I never do). I didn't stop 3x 50 mod farming right away, I think that was around midway. Had to farm rose shards 3* or 4*.

I was in competition with another f2p buddy where we followed eachothers progress. He had around 65k crystal pile at the beginning and he burnt it all by the end, now he's close to unlocking ulti and left with only 3k pile. A good amount of his pile went to making Rey arena viable right away though.
  • 0dysseusK
    78 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    @MasterSeedy I can't comment on Rey prep, but for Kylo it took at least 3 months to finish reqs with 1/1 arena daily starting with about half g12+. Then to unlock it takes 2-3 weeks doing 50 and 100 crystal refreshes (halfway there now).

For F2P with lower crystal income, it could easily take 5-6 months. I'm recommending to others in my guild to pick whichever GL they want most, not try for both of them.
  • Xhedao
    209 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    dalosto147 wrote: »
    I am very close to finish Kylo requeriments; Miss one piece on Han and relics on Han (obvious), Soldier and Hux (already G13).
    Totally F2P. I hoard 70K crystals to that. Start when they announce the GLs.
    Thats cost me a lot of GAs, because I dont gear up some key toons.
    But F2Ps must do a chose and follow his plan.

Whoah, I have a friend with previous 60k pile who is also about to unlock the event.

I am also complete f2p and think I can unlock the event in 2 to 3 weeks, with 10k investment in missing g13 gear. Also have a stockpile of 65k crystals hoarded for that :joy:

Would consinder not tu rush kylo itself, agter the evebt is unlocked, as you need 700 kyros to get him to relic. So you can just double the time to unlock him and farm the lyros you need, e.g. 10 energy for kyros instead of 6 for garbage.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Xhedao wrote: »

Would consinder not tu rush kylo itself, agter the evebt is unlocked, as you need 700 kyros to get him to relic. So you can just double the time to unlock him and farm the lyros you need, e.g. 10 energy for kyros instead of 6 for garbage.

I ended up doing 2 extra refills to get unlocked a day earlier.

0z2vgw6mwisu.png

One of the kyro pieces and stun guns are on ds. I'm farming ls for now for 300 kyros. Given new kyro resources
    (dailies, assault battles and gac coins) stun guns will be more of a problem.

vjduzgtt1d27.png
    38n27qsm1gak.png
    y5ntffr2aids.png

I have enough of everything else.

• JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Acquired my first ten Rey shards today. I feel no sense of enjoyment. This isn’t fun anymore. :/

RIP Mace.
  • I’m almost there! I estimate I will finish all the requirements on May 9th, when the Finalizer event comes back.
    I just need to get Palpy to R7 (currently he’s at R6), and the pilot to R3.

I’m not strictly F2P I guess since I did buy one 20$ Hux pack (he’s my favorite character with Kylo). But even without that pack I think it wouldn’t have changed much when I’m going to finish the requirements, since I’m gonna have a lot of extra normal energy. My bottlenecks are fleet energy and the slow frequency of Finalizer events, not normal energy.

I had saved 20k crystals by December 2019 and spent all my resources on the requirements for SL Kylo ever since :)

3sri8sbazul1.jpeg
  • Update
    Today GL rey 220/330

I hope next double drop can help me alot for gearing her.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Acquired my first ten Rey shards today. I feel no sense of enjoyment. This isn’t fun anymore. :/

RIP Mace.

I'm having trouble connecting the first sentence to the fourth.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

RIP Mace.

I’m just going to sign any/all posts from now on with “RIP Mace” since his rework was on the long list of things the community wants that the devs chucked in the dumpster at the last Q&A.

There is a connection though. I just threw a ton of resources into a bunch of characters I don’t like to stay at the top of arena. The reason being that the crystals I make there allow me to actually have leftovers to occasionally gear up characters I actually like/want when they get reworked to a useful level. That’s how it used to be.

Now I don’t see there ever being a time F2P can do anything but meta chase if GL requirements become the norm. And even if there are drastic changes to the in game economy to ease that (doubt it), the devs don’t seem to care about anything in the game I actually want, especially the Mace rework. That is the most important thing to me in the game, and the possibility that it could happen has kept me here the past year. But they didn’t do it for LSGTB. They didn’t do it for the last season of CW. They have no plans for it any time soon. Thus, I started playing other games for the first time in years after the last Q&A. If the road ahead doesn’t impress me I’m not going to keep doing something I don’t enjoy anymore.

RIP Mace.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

RIP Mace.

I’m just going to sign any/all posts from now on with “RIP Mace” since his rework was on the long list of things the community wants that the devs chucked in the dumpster at the last Q&A.

There is a connection though. I just threw a ton of resources into a bunch of characters I don’t like to stay at the top of arena. The reason being that the crystals I make there allow me to actually have leftovers to occasionally gear up characters I actually like/want when they get reworked to a useful level. That’s how it used to be.

Now I don’t see there ever being a time F2P can do anything but meta chase if GL requirements become the norm. And even if there are drastic changes to the in game economy to ease that (doubt it), the devs don’t seem to care about anything in the game I actually want, especially the Mace rework. That is the most important thing to me in the game, and the possibility that it could happen has kept me here the past year. But they didn’t do it for LSGTB. They didn’t do it for the last season of CW. They have no plans for it any time soon. Thus, I started playing other games for the first time in years after the last Q&A. If the road ahead doesn’t impress me I’m not going to keep doing something I don’t enjoy anymore.

RIP Mace.

I don't think GLs are all we are gonna get in terms of special events frow now on and don't understand why anyone would think that will be the case.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member

RIP Mace.

RIP Mace.

I don't think GLs are all we are gonna get in terms of special events frow now on and don't understand why anyone would think that will be the case.

Never said that. Don’t understand where you got the idea I was saying that. I saved very carefully for the last 4.5 years of play, so I could: A. hoard up enough to be ready for events. B. participate in new events. C. Stay up in arena because of getting the new meta toons from said events. D. on rare occasions gear up characters I actually like with my excess. A single GL wiped out all of that for the first time.

So, going forward I will not be able to do anything but hoard for the next GL. I’m SURE there will be other events along the way. The devs said specifically there will be. I will not have resources to participate in them since I’ll be hoarding for the next GL. And I will most certainly not have the resources to do any fun, non-meta side projects anymore. And that is assuming that I’m not even going to try for the other GL. It will take twice as long to get him as it took me to get Rey( by which I mean qualify for farming Rey tickets) since I’m starting broke instead of starting with a hoard of resources.

So at current resource income levels I will do nothing but ignore everything else and hoard, and hope that no more GLs come out for 1-2 years OR the road ahead details major new game modes with big rewards.

RIP Mace.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

RIP Mace.

RIP Mace.

Never said that. Don’t understand where you got the idea I was saying that. I saved very carefully for the last 4.5 years of play, so I could: A. hoard up enough to be ready for events. B. participate in new events. C. Stay up in arena because of getting the new meta toons from said events. D. on rare occasions gear up characters I actually like with my excess. A single GL wiped out all of that for the first time.

So, going forward I will not be able to do anything but hoard for the next GL. I’m SURE there will be other events along the way. The devs said specifically there will be. I will not have resources to participate in them since I’ll be hoarding for the next GL. And I will most certainly not have the resources to do any fun, non-meta side projects anymore. And that is assuming that I’m not even going to try for the other GL. It will take twice as long to get him as it took me to get Rey( by which I mean qualify for farming Rey tickets) since I’m starting broke instead of starting with a hoard of resources.

So at current resource income levels I will do nothing but ignore everything else and hoard, and hope that no more GLs come out for 1-2 years OR the road ahead details major new game modes with big rewards.

RIP Mace.

Ok you meant the extreme needs GLs become a norm for other things as well I guess. Please let's not turn this into a general GL discussion thread.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member

RIP Mace.

RIP Mace.

RIP Mace.

Ok you meant the extreme needs GLs become a norm for other things as well I guess. Please let's not turn this into a general GL discussion thread.

I didn’t mean to. I was just clarifying/responding to someone else who commented on not understanding something I said... and then I did so again with you.

To stay on topic... I’m currently at 30 Rey shards.

RIP Mace.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    You know you can just put it in your sig instead of typing it every time, right?

Also, they didn't throw a Mace rework in the dumpster, they said not at this time.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    You know you can just put it in your sig instead of typing it every time, right?

Also, they didn't throw a Mace rework in the dumpster, they said not at this time.

At the risk of derailing the thread (too late) they gave an unqualified “no” after it was already supposed to have happened late last year/early this year. They actually backtracked. They said on a podcast it was supposed to happen with the introduction of LSGTB, but it was postponed. Then they added that there might be a good opportunity for it coming up with the released of the Clone Wars final season. And entering the last couple of weeks of the final season they come back with an unqualified “no.” Not a, “soon.” Not a, “it will happen just not now.” Not a, “we had to reschedule it again, but it’s DEFINITELY on the books.” Just a no. And announcements as to totally unrelated stuff in the near future. I’m sure they’re going to get right on it. I’ve only been waiting for 4 and a half years.

RIP Mace.

Edit:

I take it back. They “hope” they can. But still no.

• qkjerome
    21 posts Member
    Not F2P (bought crystals to get cantina refreshes for relic mats) but I can tell you that once all requirements are met and if you invest all of your regular energy + 50 crystal refreshes into event tickets then it will take two to three weeks to unlock a GL with the event.

Currently 120/330 GL Rey
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    I'm ~40 days away from having Hero Poe at 7*.

Will the gear be ready? Probably not. Following my original projections for the gear would be 53-63 more days. I'm slightly ahead of where I thought I'd be gear wise, but kyros are expensive, and I'll have to buy most of them, and I can't quit spending crystals on refreshes for Poe, so we'll see.

As of tomorrow, I will have been actively working on my Resistance faction for 7 weeks.

As of May 30, it will be 11 weeks

June 5th it will be 12 weeks, and I should be in the final stages of HeRePo farming or have just finished.

As of June 19 it will be 14 weeks and I hope to be doing the last bit of gear-up. If my original estimate on April 4th was correct, I'll start earning my first GL tickets before the start of July.

This is a bit surprising to me, because until I went back and checked on the date of the last GAS, I thought I had been working on Resistance for a couple weeks longer than I actually had been. Getting my first tickets around 15-16 weeks is much shorter than my original prediction of "5-6 months".

Well, let's see if I can keep the Kyros flowing. That's the key at this point. Everything else should be easy to get done before first of July.

It's the d@mn Kyros. It's always either stun guns or Kyros.
    Post edited by MasterSeedy on
  • TheJEFFtm
    917 posts Member
    TheJEFFtm wrote: »
    Not a true F2P, but haven’t spent since prior to second Malak event. 800-900 crystals daily from arenas, 10K in crystal stockpile (fluctuates between 8-12, but won’t drop it lower until gearing Rey herself).

Started with everybody but ReFi and RePo 7 stars, smugglers, rose, holdo, g8, everyone else g12.

Currently

75/85 RH Finn G9
    13/65 RH Poe G9

60/65 Raddus

G12+2 vet Chewie
    G12+3 Rose
    G12+5 BB8

R1 Holdo
    R1 Pilot
    R4 Poe

R5 Trooper
    R5 Finn
    R7 Scavenger
    R7 JTR

Making decent progress, I think - aiming for 3rd week of May unlock.

Making good headway, last requirement needed is RH Poe.

63/100 and ready to take to g12, still missing 46 Kyro shock prods, 72 Mk. 12 Furnaces, 61 fragmented signal data, and 2 incomplete signal data to take to R5.

Should be able to accumulate all that over the next 8 (Expected) days of farming, and comfortably make my 3rd week of May unlock (while stocking up on stun guns and kerosene for her), but the struggle is real trying to maintain top 5 arena finishes with how crowded it is getting at the top...
  • Tattz
    192 posts Member
    1bdw488k1ity.jpeg

Need 1 relic level on hux but I’m all out farming trooper now all the others are done 😁
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    Okay, it's May the 4th, and, coincidentally, exactly 1 month after my first post in this thread. Time for a MAYjor status update. get it? Get it?

Okay, here we go (old stats are from 12 days ago, last time I did a major update):
    Not yet 7*:
    Resistance Hero Finn = 13/100 g8 => 64/100, g11 + 2/6
    Resistance Hero Poe = 43/65, g6 => 18/85, g9 +4/6

All below are 7*:
    Vet Chewie = g11+4 ==> g12 +3 (one of them on right side)
    Rose = g11 +2 ==> g12 +4
    BB-8 = g12 +3 ==> g12 +4
    Trooper = g12 +5 (no movement)
    Pilot = g12 + 3 [same]
    Poe = r1 [same]
    Holdo = r1 [same]
    ScavRey = R1 [same]
    JTR = R1 [same]
    Finn = R2 ==> r5 .... and my first toon finished with his requirements, Yay!

So... Everyone is g12 or Relic except Hero Finn & Hero Poe. I'll have the gear for Hero Finn's g12 before I finish shards. Poe will go a lot quicker with 8 attempts per refresh now. It means pausing Sith Trooper and Hux for a couple days, but I'm at 93/100 on Y-wing after today's double drops (got 10 shards in 13 attempts, yes 13 because they raised the attempts per refresh after I'd already refreshed once). Just a couple more days and that frees up 200 energy and some crystals.

G12 will probably go fairly slow, since I'm out of saved up gear now, and I have to buy all those Kyros for finishers, but it's still a relief to have moved on to the next stage.

On the positive side, I was doing all my hardest signal data farming up front b/c I just find it psychologically less frustrating to have a huge stockpile of the slow-farms and then flash farm the other data for quick progress. So that means that the toons sitting at r1 are going to start bumping up to their final relic levels. That actually started just a couple hours ago with bumping Finn to r5.

Good luck to everyone else. I look forward to reading your updates and May the 4th be with you!

• Tattz
    192 posts Member
    7d7jonrng4kl.jpeg

Last kylo req thankyou double drops and hard node cap increase 👍🏻
  • Do people go more for Kylo? In my shards there are 6 kylos and only 3 reys
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Do people go more for Kylo? In my shards there are 6 kylos and only 3 reys

Seems more or less equal

qtcywcru3piu.png
    cpiewvlij98p.png
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Meta report has 1336 Rey vs 963 Crunchwrap.
  • I am F2P and close to earning tickets. If the shipments offer the g12+ gear I need to finish Rose and RP, I have the crystals to buy them and start earning tickets for Rey's event right away. Worst case scenario, I would have to wait for the weekly store refresh in a few days.
  • TheJEFFtm
    917 posts Member
    Not a true F2P, but haven’t spent since prior to second Malak event. 800-900 crystals daily from arenas, 10K in crystal stockpile (fluctuates between 8-12, but won’t drop it lower until gearing Rey herself).

Started with everybody but ReFi and RePo 7 stars, smugglers, rose, holdo, g8, everyone else g12.

Currently

75/85 RH Finn G9
    13/65 RH Poe G9

60/65 Raddus

G12+2 vet Chewie
    G12+3 Rose
    G12+5 BB8

R1 Holdo
    R1 Pilot
    R4 Poe

R5 Trooper
    R5 Finn
    R7 Scavenger
    R7 JTR

Making decent progress, I think - aiming for 3rd week of May unlock.

Making good headway, last requirement needed is RH Poe.

63/100 and ready to take to g12, still missing 46 Kyro shock prods, 72 Mk. 12 Furnaces, 61 fragmented signal data, and 2 incomplete signal data to take to R5.

Should be able to accumulate all that over the next 8 (Expected) days of farming, and comfortably make my 3rd week of May unlock (while stocking up on stun guns and kerosene for her), but the struggle is real trying to maintain top 5 arena finishes with how crowded it is getting at the top...

Double drops were decent to me, got my first 10 Rey shards this morning (wasted my first 15 tickets by not paying attention to the event abilities, leading off with R2’s burn was not a good idea with 5 counter attackers... smoke = good, fire = bad, unless there is first smoke... ran R7 zzBB8, Finn at R5, zzR2 at g12+3, zzThreepio at g12+3. Solid 5 dot mods on everybody, but no arena mods.
    Smoke to avoid counters, build up stacks of translation for CD reduction, and just control the fight with TM reduction and stuns from behind the smokescreen. Didn’t take a single hit on the second run.)
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    @TheJEFFtm
    Smoke to avoid counters, build up stacks of translation for CD reduction, and just control the fight with TM reduction and stuns from behind the smokescreen. Didn’t take a single hit on the second run.)

This is great to know, thanks! Still 6-8 weeks away, based on crystal budget for buying all the dam Kyros, but I will def. use this info when it's time for me to collect Rey.

BTW: Double drops were also good to me - especially on Y-wing, which gave me 12 (I earlier said 10, but that was wrong) blueprints on 13 attempts which took me from 83/100 to 95/100. I know Y-wing isn't required, but I need it to keep up my crystal income, and now I'm at 97/100 after today's single-drop farming. With 8 attempts tomorrow, I have a good chance to finish it up and then I have more energy to devote to HeroFinn & HeroPoe farming. If not, I can't imagine I can't get those last 3 blueprints in the next 3 days (24 attempts), so... Friday at the latest I get a new influx of energy to go with the increased attempt cap.

Delicious.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Reliced Veteran Chewbacca. Now I just need Pilot’s finisher (mostly need the handle salvage now). Finn is g11, 5*, Poe is g10, 4*.

Chip, chip, chipping away at it!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.