F2P GL Progress

Replies

• DaarthBrewer
    1954 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    @TheJEFFtm
    Delicious.

Absolutely. I'm a long way off. My Rose was moldering and untouched since her unlock.
    All great info and thanks.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Update

Rey g12 now. Missing 50 stun gun and i'll be rey relic 7.

I am testing g12 rey and its not OP, back to gas team until my rey r7.
  • Bkb
    22 posts Member
    Hi all,

I am a new player and almost hit level 85, working towards Kylo. Is that I need to meet all 4 requirements before I could start to earn the ticket?

Any tips to the farm order? Say, farming priority in cantina battles?

Thanks in advance!
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Bkb wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am a new player and almost hit level 85, working towards Kylo. Is that I need to meet all 4 requirements before I could start to earn the ticket?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, you need to wrap up all reqs. Farming order really doesn't matter much, but you might want to do the best of them first. Because being a superbly new player you will want to use the team you get done right away. I don't know FO well, the obvious primary team involves Hux and 2 Kylos I think. Have you checked full needs you need to meet from swgoh.gg? Trying to do this as a new player doesn't sound all that logical. You need to see the enourmous needs for gear since you never did a g13 (and you need 12 of those at high relic levels)

Ah also...you need finaliser at 5* and you need many ships to be able to play that event. This alone is another showstopper for a new player.
  • Bkb
    22 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Bkb wrote: »
    Hi all,

Thanks in advance!

Yes, you need to wrap up all reqs. Farming order really doesn't matter much, but you might want to do the best of them first. Because being a superbly new player you will want to use the team you get done right away. I don't know FO well, the obvious primary team involves Hux and 2 Kylos I think. Have you checked full needs you need to meet from swgoh.gg? Trying to do this as a new player doesn't sound all that logical. You need to see the enourmous needs for gear since you never did a g13 (and you need 12 of those at high relic levels)

Ah also...you need finaliser at 5* and you need many ships to be able to play that event. This alone is another showstopper for a new player.

Thanks for your clear explanation! Wow it's gonna take at least a year to go... :s
  • Manumicio
    291 posts Member
    I just realized, that my biggest bottleneck are the relic materials for upgrading from r6 to r7.
    To r6 i can manage quite well with the stuff i have on stock, but going from r6 to r7 for sooo many chars is quite heavy.

Any hints on farming this stuff?
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • Cajer_La
    18 posts Member
    mfx3e6f93bd9.jpeg

I’m so close. But I’ve been in and out of the gulag for so long, I’ve forgotten what’s real..
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    @Manumicio

This spreadsheet has a farming guide
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XEyP8REs38jUX9ibW00LhL0Je3kTJoNJs65ZuFuyc0w/edit#gid=28911925

But basically, I'd recommend just going to the Scavenger, looking at zinbiddle cards and figuring out what you can get easiest, and THEN click on that piece to find out where the salvage is. It shouldn't be too hard.
  • Between the two guilds from the elite F2p guild Inglorious Blasters
    US side has 5 Rey and 1 SLKR
    and the EU has 2 SLKR.
    These are the ultimate hoarders they don't do side projects unless it's a counter to the meta.
  • F2P SLK unlocked and g12, all zetas. Could be R7 tomorrow, for sure in 2-3 days.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Manumicio wrote: »
    I just realized, that my biggest bottleneck are the relic materials for upgrading from r6 to r7.
    To r6 i can manage quite well with the stuff i have on stock, but going from r6 to r7 for sooo many chars is quite heavy.

Any hints on farming this stuff?

I haven't found any gimmick to do it easier. The zinbiddles kill it. The value for conductors are actually good in the whale shop though. For zinbiddles, just go farm something out of fleet, there's no better value option.
  • Arneth2
    202 posts Member
    Does the GL gear needed that is shown in SWGOH also include the gear to relic the GL character to relic 7?
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Arneth2 wrote: »
    Does the GL gear needed that is shown in SWGOH also include the gear to relic the GL character to relic 7?

Nope, completely seperate. And checking g13 gear needs of a GL will kill you.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Just got to the ticket farming part... it sucks more than the requirements part
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    @Daishi

I've been curious about that part. How exactly does it work? Do you only get tickets from certain nodes? Or do you just farm whatever like usual, but also get a few tickets to drop here & there?

@MaruMaru
    checking g13 gear needs of a GL will kill you.

Eh. I'm not fussed. It is what it is. Eight Stun Guns and several hundred Kyros - It's no worse than gearing up 3-4 Resistance toons, and you had to gear up 12 just to unlock.

So they're just saying that instead of gearing 13 toons to get your relic GL, you need to gear 15-16 toons. After they released the first batch of requirements, the sticker shock was so bad I decided to give up caring. If I cared about how outrageous it was, I wouldn't even try.
  • TheJEFFtm
    917 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    @Daishi

I've been curious about that part. How exactly does it work? Do you only get tickets from certain nodes? Or do you just farm whatever like usual, but also get a few tickets to drop here & there?

@MaruMaru

Eh. I'm not fussed. It is what it is. Eight Stun Guns and several hundred Kyros - It's no worse than gearing up 3-4 Resistance toons, and you had to gear up 12 just to unlock.

So they're just saying that instead of gearing 13 toons to get your relic GL, you need to gear 15-16 toons. After they released the first batch of requirements, the sticker shock was so bad I decided to give up caring. If I cared about how outrageous it was, I wouldn't even try.

@MasterSeedy

All Light side (Rey)And Dark side (SLK) nodes have a chance (seems to be about 33%, haven’t seen a ton of concrete data though) to drop a ticket for their respective Galactic legend once you’ve met the prerequisites.

So power farming, you just go hard after a 6 energy node (the drop chance doesn’t scale like it does on Galactic Chases, pretty sure it is just a flat rate), or you can slow roll it with any existing farms you have going on, it just isn’t as short term efficient since you are spending more per chance to draw a ticket. Long term, of course, you are working on multiple things at once, so it can be a balancing act.
    I’m personally earning my Rey tickets on the 10 energy Kyro shock prod node since I still need a couple hundred for her. You use your own Galactic Legend in tiers 4-6, so there isn’t too much point in rushing to unlock them and then having them stuck at g8 while you farm gear and “lose” tickets (tickets cap at 144) being unable to complete the higher tiers.
    At least that is my take on it.
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    You use your own Galactic Legend in tiers 4-6, so there isn’t too much point in rushing to unlock them and then having them stuck at g8 while you farm gear and “lose” tickets (tickets cap at 144) being unable to complete the higher tiers.
    At least that is my take on it.

Ah. That is important information, thank you. That will directly alter my farming and gearing strategies.

Based on this, I'm pretty sure I won't be power farming tickets from a 6-energy node. I'll have to save up 300 Stun Guns and 600 Kyros just to get up to g12+0.

Heck, it's 200 and 400 just to get up to g11+0. And I can't save any Kyros since Kyro farming is what's actually holding me back from relic'ing the GL Rey requirement toons.

I think I can save up the stun guns and carbantis I'll need while waiting on relic'ing all the requirements, but that still means that once I hit gear 9 I need 5600 crystals per gear tier.

I probably net 520-530 or so crystals per day most days, after refreshes. I know it's well over than 400, but I don't pay strict attention, so I'm trying to back-calculate. Of course, then every once in a while you get bonus crystals from log-in, TB, TW or whatever. So I'm sure smoothed out, in addition to my 500 something, I'm pulling in enough to get 5600 crystals every 10 days.

But that still means 40 days to get GL Rey to g13. That's fricken painful. The last time I tried farming salvage from the regular nodes, the drop rate was completely horrible, and I still have Sith Trooper & Hux to get done. I don't know which way I'm better off, too, b/c I'll still have to gear Hux and ST. I don't want to put them off. I really want to put ST in my Revan squad and I really want to start using Finalizer as well.

There's just no good choice. Ah, well. At least I have panang curry to keep me happy.

So, as an aside ... What gear level does it require to beat stage 4? G11 is just a 20 day wait...
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    @Daishi

@MaruMaru

8 guns, 8 and 6 of the respective kyro pieces worth of gear. So yeah few rez/fo worth of gear is right.
  • Update :smile:

finally rey relic 7

Road way to ultimate
  • Tattz
    192 posts Member
    eby7yfi7noei.jpeg

Last req should be starting the kylo farm next week 😁
  • I did 2 x 8 farm on sith trooper shards and got 0 shard
  • Pieeater420
    231 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    z9w27abwl6b8.jpeg
    Im f2p. Didn’t really have any crystals stashed but i did have all my kru kylo foo fost fotp all g12 when word first dropped of gl kylo. As soon as hux and st hit nodes i hit it hard. The others i g13 after event requirements were released. I do get 1st in arena every day so i use crystals when i can for gear but mostly its just watching shard shop an tb store for things i need. So as u see in pic im 3 relic levels away on phasma n foo and then 5 levels away on pap an i will be ready to earn tix for event. An im only a few kyros away from being able to g13 kylo immediately upon unlock an i have 265 zetas an 350 omegas hoarded up so i will be able max him immediately.
  • Nickscott
    57 posts Member
    Finally unlocked Kylo today F2P
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    Nice work, @Nickscott !

What's your total GP and how long did it take you?
  • x1i696949dhn.jpeg
    Not strictly FTP, though I haven’t spent anything since unlocking GAS.

One relic level on Scav, then it’s just the RH duo.

I have all the gear - apart from Kyro - to take them straight to g13, so now I’m farming Kyro daily once I’ve done my attempts on those boys.

Also starting to stock up Rey’s gear. Did I see 500 stun gun salvage?!?!?!
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    x1i696949dhn.jpeg
    Not strictly FTP, though I haven’t spent anything since unlocking GAS.

One relic level on Scav, then it’s just the RH duo.

I have all the gear - apart from Kyro - to take them straight to g13, so now I’m farming Kyro daily once I’ve done my attempts on those boys.

Also starting to stock up Rey’s gear. Did I see 500 stun gun salvage?!?!?!

400 guns and 400+300 kyros.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_urZ5KDPec
  • 0dysseusK
    78 posts Member
    F2P R7 SLK yesterday. Now the long road to the ultimate...
  • Nickscott
    57 posts Member
    @MasterSeedy 5.6m and I don't know the exact day but I went all in the first day they announced requirements and have used every resource since then. I started out with a lot of first order already at g12 as well
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Update:

DONE: KRU, Kylo Ren, FO Stormtrooper, Captain Phasma, FO Officer, FO Executioner, Emperor Palpatine, FO Tie Pilot, VS Han Solo, FO ST Tie Pilot.

Still to be done:
    General Hux: XII+4
    Sith Trooper: 5* XI+4 (64/85)

Finalizer: 40/80 to unlock.

KR’s Command Shuttle is completed in time for the Finalizer event. So I’ll probably be done in 3 months, providing the gear grinding for Hux is much favourable (all remaining gears are from the ship battles.) Hopefully I’ll get Sith Trooper to XII before the hard nodes drops back to 5 per day.
  • Tattz
    192 posts Member
    fgd1oz78sdoq.jpeg

Started the shard farm today finally 😁