Advice For a New Player

Prev13
Hi! (This is an F2P account) I'm pretty new to SWGoH, I've played for around two weeks and am at level 49. Initially I was grinding for Darth Vader but now that I've got him I'm don't really know which direction I should go in. I want to try to get Grand Master Yoda. After seeing a lot of people say go for Bastila Shan, I have started to do that, but I think it is going to be hard to get her to 5 stars with an expensive farm at 16 energy, and I regularly find myself out of energy. Any tips on the quickest and best team to use to get to Yoda? Once I eventually get Yoda I think I will farm Phoenix Squad to get Palpatine and Thrawn, but I am struggling to get to Yoda. Thanks!

Here is the link to my team: https://swgoh.gg/p/974353385/characters/

Replies

• LordGrahck
    344 posts Member
    Start on Phoenix now. Go for Ezra in the Cantina missions and Kanan in the Squad Arena store. Both are Jedi and can help unlock GMY as well as Thrawn and Palpatine. Other Jedi to farm are Ahsoka in the cantina store and luminara in the Galactic War store. With Bastila lead, you'll have a solid team of Jedi. Also, by doing this set up, you're farming Jedi from different places, so you're not using all your energy on just Bastila.
  • Thanks for the advice! I think I will do Ahsoka, Bastila, Ezra, and maybe Old Ben/Luminara and Jedi knight anakin since I am kind of close to Old Ben and I want to get to Anakin
  • Unless Kanan is better
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Kanan isn't better but he's more versatile since he will also help you unlock Thrawn, EP and Chimaera. Luminara isn't really worth it. 4 years ago she would have been, but not any more.
  • So Ahsoka, Bastila, Ezra, Kanan and Anakin. Thanks for the tips!
  • Darth_Pepé_8008
    270 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Bounty Hunters like Sebek said. You will be short on credits continually until you've been lvl 85 for a good while. So geting the credit heists done will ease this a little. And it'll get you trough the rebel roundup (better than empire imo).
  • I think I will just try to farm the characters that are easiest (like a few of the characters in Phoenix) and go from there
  • Darth_Pepé_8008
    270 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    I think I will just try to farm the characters that are easiest (like a few of the characters in Phoenix) and go from there

With phoenix you also get crew for pretty good ships. So there's that 😀
  • Thanks!
  • Sent you an ally request if you need help with some of those hard to do nodes.
  • In one of my accounts I started off exactly the same as you did. Here is what I recommend:
    The main problem with the last few suggestions is that it leaves you all over the place. If you farm Bastila, Ezra, Kanan, Ahsoka and Anakin, the only legendary you can get is Yoda. For Thrawn and Palpatine, you only have two of the required characters; and for Revan, you only have one. I'm not saying that Yoda isn't good. He's amazing. But you'll soon be outmatched in mid game (lv.70+) using only Bastila lead Jedi.
    Hence your priority should be to get all four of them (Revan, Palp, Thrawn, and Yoda) as soon as possible.
    Let me list out the requirements:
    Revan: Bastila, Jolee, T3-M4, Mission Vao, Zaalbar
    Thrawn: Hera, Ezra, Kanan, Zeb, Chopper
    Palpatine: Any five Rebels (note that all Phoenix are rebels)
    Yoda: Any five Jedi (note that Revan, Bastila, Jolee, Ezra, and Kanan are all Jedi)
    So by just farming for the first two, you'll already be able to get Yoda and Palpatine.
    All you need are 10 toons for 4 legendaries.

Early game: Concentrate on Phoenix because this gets you Thrawn and Palp. You'll need both.
    Cantina: Ezra and Hera.
    Cantina Store: Chopper.
    Galactic War store: Zeb.
    Squad Arena store: Kanan.
    Hard node farm: Sabine unlocked for her ship (I see you have already done that, great job), and Bastila

You should be able to get Thrawn and Palpatine to seven stars by level 80. Here is the link for a guide Dretzle wrote for the Thrawn event (look at the comments as well, I added some important tips): https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/116512/phoenix-strategy-your-ticket-to-thrawn-part-1-survive

Mid game (lv.70+):
    For mods, remember to look at the online guides. It's easily the most important.
    For ships, aim for the following: Ackbar lead; Ghost, Vader, Biggs starting; Phantom, Ahsoka and Ebon Hawk reinforce. When you get Chimera; replace Ackbar with it; when you get Hound's Tooth, put him on starting and let Biggs reinforce.
    After you finish the early game farms (7 star), go for these:
    Cantina: Mission, T3-M4. Carth when you finish them.
    Cantina Store: Ahsoka
    Galactic War store: Biggs and his ship
    Squad Arena Store: Ackbar
    Hard Node farm (including ship battles): Jolee, Zaalbar. Ebon Hawk when you finish them.

When you get to level 85, the Revan and Chimera events should be open. Now you can finally get Revan, Yoda, and the Chimera all at once! 4 legendaries, plus the Chimera, all in no more than 4 months.

• In one of my accounts I started off exactly the same as you did. Here is what I recommend:
    The main problem with the last few suggestions is that it leaves you all over the place. If you farm Bastila, Ezra, Kanan, Ahsoka and Anakin, the only legendary you can get is Yoda. For Thrawn and Palpatine, you only have two of the required characters; and for Revan, you only have one. I'm not saying that Yoda isn't good. He's amazing. But you'll soon be outmatched in mid game (lv.70+) using only Bastila lead Jedi.
    Hence your priority should be to get all four of them (Revan, Palp, Thrawn, and Yoda) as soon as possible.
    Let me list out the requirements:
    Revan: Bastila, Jolee, T3-M4, Mission Vao, Zaalbar
    Thrawn: Hera, Ezra, Kanan, Zeb, Chopper
    Palpatine: Any five Rebels (note that all Phoenix are rebels)
    Yoda: Any five Jedi (note that Revan, Bastila, Jolee, Ezra, and Kanan are all Jedi)
    So by just farming for the first two, you'll already be able to get Yoda and Palpatine.
    All you need are 10 toons for 4 legendaries.

Early game: Concentrate on Phoenix because this gets you Thrawn and Palp. You'll need both.
    Cantina: Ezra and Hera.
    Cantina Store: Chopper.
    Galactic War store: Zeb.
    Squad Arena store: Kanan.
    Hard node farm: Sabine unlocked for her ship (I see you have already done that, great job), and Bastila

You should be able to get Thrawn and Palpatine to seven stars by level 80. Here is the link for a guide Dretzle wrote for the Thrawn event (look at the comments as well, I added some important tips): https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/116512/phoenix-strategy-your-ticket-to-thrawn-part-1-survive

Mid game (lv.70+):
    For mods, remember to look at the online guides. It's easily the most important.
    For ships, aim for the following: Ackbar lead; Ghost, Vader, Biggs starting; Phantom, Ahsoka and Ebon Hawk reinforce. When you get Chimera; replace Ackbar with it; when you get Hound's Tooth, put him on starting and let Biggs reinforce.
    After you finish the early game farms (7 star), go for these:
    Cantina: Mission, T3-M4. Carth when you finish them.
    Cantina Store: Ahsoka
    Galactic War store: Biggs and his ship
    Squad Arena Store: Ackbar
    Hard Node farm (including ship battles): Jolee, Zaalbar. Ebon Hawk when you finish them.

When you get to level 85, the Revan and Chimera events should be open. Now you can finally get Revan, Yoda, and the Chimera all at once! 4 legendaries, plus the Chimera, all in no more than 4 months.

I think I will grind for some crystals for some time and then get hera and Ezra to 5 stars, and then I can probably do the same with Ahsoka with the cantina tokens. Then the rest of Phoenix squad is pretty easy to get. Thanks! This is some great advice
  • ir21tiny
    70 posts Member
    Going for Revan early is not reasonable for most people. Also right now empire is not very great.
  • I'm going to get palpatine and thrawn first through Phoenix squad and then i will try to get Yoda
  • When I try to get Thrawn at tier 5, what gear level should I have phoenix at?
  • Also is there an easy way to get crystals without spending money?
  • ir21tiny wrote: »
    Going for Revan early is not reasonable for most people. Also right now empire is not very great.

Well I did it in three different accounts. Jedi Revan isn't that difficult. Darth Revan is.
  • When I try to get Thrawn at tier 5, what gear level should I have phoenix at?

Good mods are most important. They are very fast and have pre-loaded TM. Still, you want your Phoenix at least gear 8 bordering 9 to minimize frustration. Omegas on all uniques (especially chopper) and Hera's lead recommended
  • Also is there an easy way to get crystals without spending money?

Let me break down the daily crystal income:
    Daily Activities: 50 crystals
    Galactic War: 25 Crystals
    Squad Arena: depends on your rank. For F2Ps after August 2019, aim for top 500, which nets you 60 crystals.
    Ship Arena: 50 crystals for top 50, none below top fifty. Very difficult but possible if you focus on ships starting from level 20.
    Daily activities: Remember to check it out, it's an important source for early F2Ps
  • Thanks. I think if I just grind crystals this month I will have enough of any currency to at least get all of phoenix to 4 stars, with ezra kanan and zeb at 5
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    The crystal grind never ends. It's just a matter of earning as many as possible and spending them wisely (at your stage mainly energy refreshes).
  • How do i get omegas?
  • How do i get omegas?

There's the omega events, daily challenges, drops in cantina battle (rare but happens once in a while) and at 85 you get one daily from finishing your tasks. They drop in many events mythic tiers. They will be more available as you progress. But they are kinda hard to come by in the start so be smart where you place them while you progress.
  • Thanks everyone for the advice
  • For Phoenix omegas, prioritize Chopper's unique, then Zeb's unique, then Kanan's unique and Hera's lead. If you get all four and good mods the Thrawn event should be easy enough
  • Skies439
    60 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Start on phoenix. Dont need to max them. Use ezra, kanan, ahsoka, mace, consular to get 5* yoda. Then farm bastilla, anakin, and 3 geonosians to survive on ships. For 6* yoda use bastilla, ezra, kanan, ahsoka and mace.

What you need pretty much bastilla lead team with yoda, ahsoka, anakin, ezra to get geonosian brood alpha. Then geos team to get padme

x30pnvsbwbda.jpg

080l8vcazffy.jpg

Top is my 2nd account. Bottom is my first account. Anakin, ahsoka can be farm early in the game. Same with geo soldier and geo spy.

Post edited by Skies439 on
  • Desertfox1024
    207 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    So you farmed Bastila, Anakin, Ahsoka, Ezra, Kanan, and Mace, and the three geos?
  • Desertfox1024
    207 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    9 toons covering both Fleet and Arena, that's pretty efficient. How many hyperdrives did you encounter in Fleet arena by the way?
  • What are good mods to get?
    How do i get omegas?

There's the omega events, daily challenges, drops in cantina battle (rare but happens once in a while) and at 85 you get one daily from finishing your tasks. They drop in many events mythic tiers. They will be more available as you progress. But they are kinda hard to come by in the start so be smart where you place them while you progress.
    Do mythic tiers show up after you finish tier 7 or something? I haven't seen them anywhere.

• What are good mods to get?
    How do i get omegas?

Do mythic tiers show up after you finish tier 7 or something? I haven't seen them anywhere.

There's one in the upcoming Ground War, to be honest don't remember if there's any prerequisites for it. At least there's a omega battle tomorrow and then another in four days