Aggressive shard

124Next

Replies

• Genpaku408
    119 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Recently started climbing in the arena and have come across some very hostile people. Is this sometime which should just be tolerated or is there something in place to prevent this happening. Why does making progress in the arena seem to make some people very angry, why can't they just welcome a new challenge?

Anyway, what level of abuse should be allowed? And is there anything in place to sort out those who are bullying other players?

your names not Arn52 is it?
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    CHFC22 wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    There are two types of shard chats:

1. The chill kind where people are normal humans and will move out of the way for each other so everyone can get a decent payout.

2. The kind that is full of sad, angry dingdongs who apparently have so little control over their lives that they feel the need to bully people in a mobile game so they can feel better about themselves.

Sounds like you got #2. Tough break.

Exactly. So fairest thing is not to have any as it'll mean innocent people aren't done over by #2.

Everyone is innocent until proven guilty.

Faulty comparison. If there's a chance it'll be a bad chat and you've no way of knowing which your shard has been lumbered with, then the fairest thing to do is to eliminate any chance of the bad thing happening. You might argue back "but what about the good things chat do" but my response woupd be that the cream would rise to the top - ie those with the strongest teams. May be equally difficult to break the top 10 or whatever, but at least I'd know it's because my team simply isn't strong enough rather than because the chat is full, or a rotten one.

1. You can't eliminate chats.
    2. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty

Any 'faulty comparison' there has been inflicted by your own poor choice of words

You're bringing in a legal comparison that's completely subjective anyway. I didn't do that.

You're labelling someone as innocent, seperate from the natural law that all people are innocent until found otherwise, and i am the one being subjective.
    Good to know.

It's a natural law is it? I mean it isn't, and innocent & guilty are a human invention but ok. And even if they weren't your comparison still is wrong, but crack on.

IKR, that natural law assertion might even be worse than thinking there’s free speech on a privately owned forum.

I'm from the UK where we don't even have a written constitution so I'm fine being beholden to the whims of those in charge...
  • tile
    50 posts Member
    If you want in and you don't want to run by those **** rules, you're gonna have to make a monetary investment to do it. You will not do it f2p. It's gonna cost you time and crystals in the short run. Assuming you have the team(s) that can beat folks and take #1, just power climb an hour before your PO paying for the cooldown so you don't give them a chance to train you back. Learn others POs and avoid folks who have upcoming POs. Be smart and time it so once you get to #1, you can instantly lock yourself until after PO. Do the math based on where you are that day and don't lose. If you do this NO ONE can prevent you from taking #1. Will you not get as many crystals...maybe break even during this time? Maybe. But the point you are making is that you are willing to do it. Every day. Every day!

If someone who DOESN'T have your PO snipes you then take note of that player and find his PO on gg. (If someone snipes you during their PO then you really can't get mad at that. Thats the game) You make sure during his next 2 POs you snipe him. Whether you lock him up preventing him from climbing or sniping his PO last min. You teach everyone that does that a lesson. Everyone. Then message them in game telling them why you did that and you will do that every time he does that to you. That you are more than willing to live and let live. He leaves you alone during your PO and you will leave him alone during his. That the only ppl that should care are people in your PO. Trust me...no one wants to be online in game for an hour+ watching you to make sure you don't snipe them every day.

They will figure out that you aren't going away and they will start a dialogue with you prob within a month (not that **** 3 month thing). Be nice. Offer to move to a less crowded PO time.

You're welcome.
  • Lysandrax wrote: »
    Social hierarchies are a cancer but the only way that the short comings of arena payouts could be addressed is by CG reworking the whole thing which inevitably lowers rewards because that's just what they'd do.

On the one hand shard chats are great because it lets players work the system more efficiently to get more crystals overall.
    On the other hand a player will tend towards being inherently selfish, protecting what they have, their own payout and the shard that works for them, providing motivation to bully newcomers back out of the social barrier that they have crafted.
    A lot of the time this results in systematic harassment which should not be allowed but is impossible to counter with how the game works. Unfortunately you are only left with one option which is the following summary,

Tl;dr git gud

Honestly I think Crystal's should be removed from it and placed somewhere else, otherwise CG just needs to go in put everyone's payout to be at the same exact time for everyone in that shard and that would break all of the arena chats, which is great for the game. Its suppose to be a computation not a rigged system

If they make any change to it rewards will be reduced.

Reduced is better than having this non sense, oh we where here first so we gonna tell you what to do, it's a game around who can be the best and climb up, not a game for you 40 people get the number 20 people get the number one spot each day, imagine if it was any other competition in other games and there were 20 people that came in first place. That's just silly.

They should make the payout time same for everyone in each shard, which would make all of those shard chats go away permanently

I used to play a game where the payout time was the same for everyone. As it was thought for american players, it was 6am for me. I never played that game mode.

Summoners War by any chance? It was the same for me there. There was one payout for everyone on a global server. It was always like 5-6 AM for me, so I could almost never climb during the last hour before the payout.
  • Genpaku408 wrote: »
    i sit in a shard, and recently a guy has come in out of no where with the new toy to play with. Hitting everyone through out the day out of 1st.

I watched the shard try make contact to him, fail, to his guild and be told he doesnt want to be the in the shard.

So now I watch the shard punch this guy all the time now, and we are sure he's spending to instant refresh and more than 5 fights.

Not sure if they're stupid to not accept the joining of the shard or do more than 15 attacks in arena a day

Perfect example of the stupid mafia mindset shards have by declaring a vendetta. Congrats. People like you ruin the game.

He worked hard and invested in a team that could beat yours. But you couldn't have that, eh? He had to be punished for not joining your little club.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Genpaku408 wrote: »
    i sit in a shard, and recently a guy has come in out of no where with the new toy to play with. Hitting everyone through out the day out of 1st.

I watched the shard try make contact to him, fail, to his guild and be told he doesnt want to be the in the shard.

So now I watch the shard punch this guy all the time now, and we are sure he's spending to instant refresh and more than 5 fights.

Not sure if they're stupid to not accept the joining of the shard or do more than 15 attacks in arena a day

Perfect example of the stupid mafia mindset shards have by declaring a vendetta. Congrats. People like you ruin the game.

He worked hard and invested in a team that could beat yours. But you couldn't have that, eh? He had to be punished for not joining your little club.

The player described is climbing over everyone else randomly and hitting whoever comes to 1 all day long. As he's able to beat everyone, so does everyone able to beat him. And everyone but him is ruining the game. OK.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

This is a free for all game for your payout

If someone is going to knock you from your payout, you will knock him out in return

Asking a few friends in the same shard is no different than coordinating with a few guild members in the same shard. If you are going to declare war, there is no rule that you can't call your friends to help you fight back

I'm sure nobody would've had an issue with this guy climbing if he didn't disrupt players from their own payout, the only reason people gang up on a certain player is to make sure their payouts aren't sniped.

This mentality where its not fair for me to be ganged up on but i am going to ruin everyone else from getting 1st is the problem here

The person you quoted was open enough to share his payout with everyone else and work together with him but he's the one that is picking a fight here
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

If someone is going to knock you from your payout, you will knock him out in return

Asking a few friends in the same shard is no different than coordinating with a few guild members in the same shard. If you are going to declare war, there is no rule that you can't call your friends to help you fight back

I'm sure nobody would've had an issue with this guy climbing if he didn't disrupt players from their own payout, the only reason people gang up on a certain player is to make sure their payouts aren't sniped.

This mentality where its not fair for me to be ganged up on but i am going to ruin everyone else from getting 1st is the problem here

The person you quoted was open enough to share his payout with everyone else and work together with him but he's the one that is picking a fight here

Tribalism.

Feels good.
    Is wrong.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

Tribalism.

Feels good.
    Is wrong.

Like guilds are wrong? Let's quickly campaign to abolish guilds.
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »

Tribalism.

Feels good.
    Is wrong.

Guilds operate with boundaries and are very different to a shard.
    As it is guilds already see their share of issues over how raid rewards work.

Guilds in general are different to what was mentioned, defending what you claim as yours in a 'free for all'

And yes, tribalism is bad.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

How is what they are doing any different than what that single player is doing?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Tribalism.

Feels good.
    Is wrong.

Guilds in general are different to what was mentioned, defending what you claim as yours in a 'free for all'

Ok, so 5 guild mates helping each other out in their arena shard is acceptable, but 5 random shard members helping each other out isn't? Really?
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

Tribalism.

Feels good.
    Is wrong.

Ok, so 5 guild mates helping each other out in their arena shard is acceptable, but 5 random shard members helping each other out isn't? Really?

Not what i said.
    A guild is a group that operates in a guild vs guild environment, there are rules and regulations.
    That basically surmises my acknowledgement of the 'guilds' comment which is all i ever referenced.

The environment described in the free-for-all, that is tribalism and it isnt good.
    It could very well be the best option with the tools we have, still bad and maybe shouldn't be the final product.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

Tribalism.

Feels good.
    Is wrong.

Shards are very different than a free for all too. You don't accumulate points to a rank, you knock folks out of their spot of your choosing within a range. And you do this in a timing of your choosing while others win condition differ from yours. Everyone does this against -the bank-, so their mutual behaviour changes how much the bank will pop up.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Tribalism.

Feels good.
    Is wrong.

Not what i said.
    A guild is a group that operates in a guild vs guild environment, there are rules and regulations.
    That basically surmises my acknowledgement of the 'guilds' comment which is all i ever referenced.

The environment described in the free-for-all, that is tribalism and it isnt good.
    It could very well be the best option with the tools we have, still bad and maybe shouldn't be the final product.

OK. You just said guilds were different. I give you that.

Why should guilds only operate in a guild vs. guild environment? What's wrong with 5 guild members helping each other out in their arena shard? Why wouldn't that be good? Part of the social aspects of being in a guild is to help each other out, don't you think?

(And if you agree and accept guild members helping each other in an arena shard: Why isn't 5 random members of that arena shard helping each other out acceptable too?)
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member

Tribalism.

Feels good.
    Is wrong.

Shards are very different than a free for all too. You don't accumulate points to a rank, you knock folks out of their spot of your choosing within a range. And you do this in a timing of your choosing while others win condition differ from yours. Everyone does this against -the bank-, so their mutual behaviour changes how much the bank will pop up.

If your problem is 'free for all' then quote ultra, i just discuss it after it was brought up.
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member

Tribalism.

Feels good.
    Is wrong.

Not what i said.

Why should guilds only operate in a guild vs. guild environment? What's wrong with 5 guild members helping each other out in their arena shard? Why wouldn't that be good? Part of the social aspects of being in a guild is to help each other out, don't you think?

(And if you agree and accept guild members helping each other in an arena shard: Why isn't 5 random members of that arena shard helping each other out acceptable too?)

I said nothing of what guilds 'should' do, i have no reason to defend any poisition there.
    Guilds just have regulation, not much but they have more structure than a shard, all i am doing is distinguishing them from shards as they were conflated before.

I didn't say that 5 people helping eachother out was right or wrong, what ties the 5 people together also seems irrelevant. Theyre together, guilds got brought into this in a silly way.
    I also just said "it could very well be the best option with the tools we have" so i think you've confused or conflated what i am saying with something else here.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Tribalism.

Feels good.
    Is wrong.

Not what i said.

I said nothing of what guilds 'should' do, i have no reason to defend any poisition there.

OK. You said guilds are groups that operate in a guild vs. guild environment. Well, you are wrong. Guild mates on same arena shards also help each other out. That's hardly a guild vs. guild environment.
    Guilds just have regulation, not much but they have more structure than a shard, all i am doing is distinguishing them from shards as they were conflated before.

I didn't say that 5 people helping eachother out was right or wrong, what ties the 5 people together also seems irrelevant.

Theyre together, guilds got brought into this in a silly way.
    I also just said "it could very well be the best option with the tools we have" so i think you've confused or conflated what i am saying with something else here.

You said tribalism is bad, remember?! I strongly disagree. I'm happy, that guilds were introduced into this game. I fully accept that guild mates help each other out. I don't see anything bad there.
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member

Tribalism.

Feels good.
    Is wrong.

Not what i said.

OK. You said guilds are groups that operate in a guild vs. guild environment. Well, you are wrong. Guild mates on same arena shards also help each other out. That's hardly a guild vs. guild environment.

I didn't say that 5 people helping eachother out was right or wrong, what ties the 5 people together also seems irrelevant.

You said tribalism is bad, remember?! I strongly disagree. I'm happy, that guilds were introduced into this game. I fully accept that guild mates help each other out. I don't see anything bad there.

Everything here is twisted.
    You're taking things and manipulating them until they fit the outlook you want to have.
    Guilds and shards are v different things.
    Guilds have restrictions and they DO operate within a guild vs guild environment. I wont engage in discussion on that.
    It doesnt matter if 5 guys all band together whether they're from the same guild or not.

I said tribalism is bad, then further clarified that it is perhaps the best thing that can be done in what a shard is.
    We know tribalism is bad, it is an inferior practice. Want to debate that? I'm all for it, good luck to you.

Maybe stick to discussing what i am putting forth rather than taking weird positions like 'i am happy guilds were brought into the game'
    Absolutely nothing to do with what has been said.
  • Genpaku408
    119 posts Member
    edited May 2020

Well your not wrong there that marfias are a bad thing.

But I am simply a bystander giving my view on a situation that has spiralled out of control because one man chooses to want 1st place 24 hours a day.

Also I've never had a problem with someone beating me. I rotate in and out of the shard because I can't keep up with the meta. So I'm very happy to share pay outs when i get back in, because the shard was willing to share payouts over the day.
  • JK_47
    41 posts Member
    I hate the fact that so many people offer joining a shard chat as an option. The entire concept of a shard chat is ridiculous and this is the single biggest issue I have with this game. Why in the world should I have to communicate with other people in a 3rd party application to not get targeted 20 times a day? The simplest solution is to just remove screen names from arena. Its a problem that has been ignored for so long. It literally goes against the spirit of the game. Its nuts
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    [...] recently a guy has come in out of no where with the new toy to play with. Hitting everyone through out the day out of 1st.

Tribalism.

Feels good.
    Is wrong.

Not what i said.

Everything here is twisted.
    You're taking things and manipulating them until they fit the outlook you want to have.
    Guilds and shards are v different things.
    Guilds have restrictions and they DO operate within a guild vs guild environment. I wont engage in discussion on that.

They also give the members possibility to coordinate and help each other out if they share an arena shard. That's not a guild vs guild environment - whether you care to discuss it or not.
    It doesnt matter if 5 guys all band together whether they're from the same guild or not.

I said tribalism is bad, then further clarified that it is perhaps the best thing that can be done in what a shard is.
    We know tribalism is bad, it is an inferior practice. Want to debate that? I'm all for it, good luck to you.

As previously said:
    I disagree with you. Tribalism is great. Not screwing with each other's payouts helps increase the total rewards earned. I don't agree with you that this is a bad thing - but feel free to discuss.
    Maybe stick to discussing what i am putting forth rather than taking weird positions like 'i am happy guilds were brought into the game'
    Absolutely nothing to do with what has been said.

You said tribalism is bad. Guilds are tribal. There's your connection. I'm amazed you don't see it. It's quite obvious.
    I'm happy that guilds were introduced and disagree that tribalism is bad.