GAC 3v3 against GL rey? Instant loss....

Prev134
HJoci30
154 posts Member
I dont really like 3v3, but it is ok. On the other hand, if ,you dont have a GL, you will nost likely loose. I already met a few in 5v5. There I can manage. Im sure I will face more but In 3v3 rey will be indestructable, only Kylo will be beatable. Im not sure 3v3 is a good idea now.

Replies

• Krashxxxx
    226 posts Member
    Maybe they will let us use 3 ships against her. Oops, never mind (spoiler alert) she killed a ship in the movie.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Yeah I don’t see how this is going to end well, but who knows how powerful she will be and if she can be cheesed properly with only two other allies. Rey and RHFinn are most likely a must together, but let’s see lol
  • Yeah this might be a good one to get the trapped in carbonate portrait
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Just use GL Kylo against her...
  • Akenno wrote: »

That's assuming that GL players get matched up against each other. Doesn't always happen
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Akenno wrote: »

That's assuming that GL players get matched up against each other. Doesn't always happen
    People will find a way. They always have been able to
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Akenno wrote: »

People will find a way. They always have been able to

Before CG nerfs viable counters. This is the way
  • She can solo a JKR led comp.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • jman1234
    93 posts Member
    it would be great to find out if she can be beaten in a 3v3 before grand arena. hmmm, if only we had a sandbox mode...
  • YetiYeti
    434 posts Member
    3v3 is absolutely 'solved'. If CG roll out another 3v3, then they're just dummies. They can never roll out another 3v3 and have it anywhere close to fair with the characters that they've created.
  • YetiYeti wrote: »
    3v3 is absolutely 'solved'. If CG roll out another 3v3, then they're just dummies. They can never roll out another 3v3 and have it anywhere close to fair with the characters that they've created.

Since when have they cared about being fair?
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    YetiYeti wrote: »

Only feels unfair if you don't have them
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

Which is a gigantic chunk of the player base. Wouldn’t care too much if GL’s were only matched with GL’s but....
  • Travesty
    64 posts Member
    Ultimates might be less of a factor since it will be hard to charge them up in 3v3.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Travesty wrote: »
    Ultimates might be less of a factor since it will be hard to charge them up in 3v3.

Rey’s whirlwind though....
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member

Not true.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Oh noes, you might face a team you cannot defeat and actually have to "strategy". The horror!!! :o
  • Dal_Zuba
    189 posts Member
    jman1234 wrote: »
    it would be great to find out if she can be beaten in a 3v3 before grand arena. hmmm, if only we had a sandbox mode...
    zq6y50vtufgw.gif

• thedrjojo
    949 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Which is a gigantic chunk of the player base. Wouldn’t care too much if GL’s were only matched with GL’s but....

Would you be fine with the GL division,even the bottom person with 0/12 wins would get better rewards than a kyber in the non GL division? cause you are advocating the opportunity to get better rewards than people who will beat you in GAC...
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

And if you go up against them.

I'm at 5.5 million gp, still haven't seen one in Grand Arena. Only seen maybe two General Anakins, for that matter.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Oh noes, you might face a team you cannot defeat and actually have to "strategy". The horror!!! :o

Looks like you already have some experience in countering Rey in a 3v3 without access to a GL yourself (which this topic is about). I'd like to hear your strategy on this one as this whole thing is gonna be worse than the Malak 3v3 thing as you could still kill the people on Malaks side and then zerg him down. With GL Rey that's gonna be incredibly difficult I guess thanks to her kit that's built around survivability.
    thedrjojo wrote: »

Would you be fine with the GL division,even the bottom person with 0/12 wins would get better rewards than a kyber in the non GL division? cause you are advocating the opportunity to get better rewards than people who will beat you in GAC...

How does a person that goes 0/12 in a "GL division" gets better rewards than someone from a non "GL division" who got to kyber?

Personally I'd be totally fine with a slight adjustment to the MM system to match people according to the number of GL's they own, 0 GL vs 0 GL, 1 GL vs 1 GL and 2 GL vs 2 GL. Even if it would be only for 3v3 GAC's.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

I’m Advocating better matchmaking. I’ve seen plenty of matchups in my own division where they had no place being matched with us. It wasn’t even a contest
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »

Looks like you already have some experience in countering Rey in a 3v3 without access to a GL yourself (which this topic is about). I'd like to hear your strategy on this one as this whole thing is gonna be worse than the Malak 3v3 thing as you could still kill the people on Malaks side and then zerg him down. With GL Rey that's gonna be incredibly difficult I guess thanks to her kit that's built around survivability.
    People have been dealing with opposing squads they cannot defeat since GA began over a year ago. This is nothing new.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »

How does a person that goes 0/12 in a "GL division" gets better rewards than someone from a non "GL division" who got to kyber?

Personally I'd be totally fine with a slight adjustment to the MM system to match people according to the number of GL's they own, 0 GL vs 0 GL, 1 GL vs 1 GL and 2 GL vs 2 GL. Even if it would be only for 3v3 GAC's.

But the question is would you be ok with doing it if the people with 2 GLs who lost every battle got better rewards than the people with 0 who won every battle. Because that’s the only way it would be fair. Otherwise you are just punishing people for acquiring better characters.
  • HJoci30
    154 posts Member
    Rey is already hard to beat in 5v5. In 3v3 I dont see any way to beat her with 1 team if you dont have any GLs. Sadly I dont know the perfect sollutoin, but for now the 3v3 will be a painfull experience.
  • I might go for carbonite this time around. I just started getting tickets for a GL, so I have the relic bloat from subpar characters without the payoff. Anyone who is at the ticket stage... either ftp getting first GL, or dolpin trying to get their second, will be at a disadvantage.

In a since I think CG wants those that spent to have an advantage, It reaffirms why they spent money in the first place.