GAS still not countering correctly

Ravens1113
5215 posts Member
edited December 2020
On a full 501st team, isn’t GAS supposed to have 100% counter chance? And isn’t he supposed to counter before going into cover so long as he doesn’t have fear? Whelp that’s not happening. He’s not countering after any hits, and he’s not countering every time before going into cover.
No he does not have fear, no he is not getting hit by moves that can’t be countered on.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_TopHat a moment of your time
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    On a full 501st team, isn’t GAS supposed to have 100% counter chance? And isn’t he supposed to counter before going into cover so long as he doesn’t have fear? Whelp that’s not happening. He’s not countering after any hits, and he’s not countering every time before going into cover.
    No he does not have fear, no he is not getting hit by moves that can’t be countered on.

Team comp? Opponents?

Running this every day and not seeing any issues with counters.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    do you have the zeta lol? also I think there are some times where he doesn't counter when he gets dropped by an assist but not sure

Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    do you have the zeta lol? also I think there are some times where he doesn't counter when he gets dropped by an assist but not sure

Dude...cmon it’s GAS, of course he has all 4 zetas lol.
    And it’s not assists, he didn’t counter on BSF’s basic and then was hit by HK’s Assasin’s protocol and went into cover without countering.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    UdalCuain wrote: »

Team comp? Opponents?

GAS, 5’s, Rex, Arc and echo. The staple GAS against DR/Malak
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    UdalCuain wrote: »

Team comp? Opponents?

GAS, 5’s, Rex, Arc and echo. The staple GAS against DR/Malak

And I'm guessing you're taking into account that CBM reduces GAS to 70% counter chance if it lands?

Don't know what else to tell you. On the 2 DR teams left in my top 50 I've been countering fine.
  • Corrupt Battle Meditation applies -30% critical chance and -30% counter chance.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Corrupt Battle Meditation applies -30% critical chance and -30% counter chance.

He doesn’t have CBM on him either. No debuffs at all
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Sandbox mode so we can all test things out..oh wait....
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • KalHorn
    102 posts Member
    Something has changed. I have seen him not countering all the time in GAS mirrors. Both my GAS and opponents
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    GAS mechanics is stupid and very hard to predict. He can counter, other time he doesn’t. Before he sits he can counter attack twice, then attack himself, or do neither of those.
    He counter attacks malak twice, though each attack should put fear on him, allowing only one attack...
    It is another bad or buggy (or lazy) game design
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited May 2020
    Just tested now, and he countered just fine. Will have to wait another 7 minutes to try against a mirror team, but that was a full SE team.
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    GAS mechanics is stupid and very hard to predict. He can counter, other time he doesn’t. Before he sits he can counter attack twice, then attack himself, or do neither of those.
    He counter attacks malak twice, though each attack should put fear on him, allowing only one attack...

It's not hard at all. Just need to pay attention.

He inflicts daze fear at the end of the turn, counter attack happen during the turn, so that is WAI.

EDIT: not sure why i said daze, meant fear.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    I have seen maybe 3 or 4 times over the last few months a failed counter.

It’s rare, and always happens in the same way:

- Opponent (or my own)GAS is one hit away from kneeling
    - 5s calls GAS, they hit other GAS.
    - GAS kneels without countering.

Very rare, but I have seen it. And no, I don’t record matches, but I know for certain that this has happened.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Kyno wrote: »
    Just tested now, and he countered just fine. Will have to wait another 7 minutes to try against a mirror team, but that was a full SE team.

He inflicts daze at the end of the turn, counter attack happen during the turn, so that is WAI.

I played against GAS with drevan since GAS was released. And still it is unpredictable. As for TS. You might probably can guess, thing is other can’t...

Btw GAS still counter attacks drevan’s fear attack. Another **** counterattack mechanics. He should be feared... And no, I speak about single attack. How you can predict this, I wonder?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

He inflicts daze at the end of the turn, counter attack happen during the turn, so that is WAI.

I played against GAS with drevan since GAS was released. And still it is unpredictable. As for TS. You might probably can guess, thing is other can’t...

Btw GAS still counter attacks drevan’s fear attack. Another **** counterattack mechanics. He should be feared... And no, I speak about single attack. How you can predict this, I wonder?

Are you sure DR is not attacking again due to his unique, Villain, so the second attack would clear the fear allowing GAS to counter. because I have never seen GAS counter with fear on him.

yes it is predictable.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member

Ah! Another thing. So you say he gets debuffs after all of his counterattacks as it is still “his turn”?
    Well, first of all dooku works overwise, and
    Second, why then, when he attacks twice, he got deathmark on his first attack and then it dispelled on his second counterattack? So when is his turn?

It simply broken.

Just played a match against him. He was stroke twice by drevan. He received no buff, but decided not to counter attack before sitting... why?

May be it is you who need to be more attentive, uh?
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    edited May 2020

Are you sure DR is not attacking again due to his unique, Villain, so the second attack would clear the fear allowing GAS to counter. because I have never seen GAS counter with fear on him.

yes it is predictable.

Please, read my message again...

P.S. let me help. last but one sentence
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Ah! Another thing. So you say he gets debuffs after all of his counterattacks as it is still “his turn”?
    Second, why then, when he attacks twice, he got deathmark on his first attack and then it dispelled on his second counterattack? So when is his turn?

It simply broken.

Just played a match against him. He was stroke twice by drevan. He received no buff, but decided not to counter attack before sitting... why?

not broken.

sorry I will edit my other post, I meant to say Fear. because we were talking about Malak. The dooku reference is irrelevant. sorry for the confusion. daze does act differently according to a change a while back it is one of the few debuffs inflicted before damage to prevent counter attacks.

Malaks unique specifically states at the end of the turn. not broken, written as such and WAI.

do you have a video of this happening? it would be much easier to explain whats happening and give you a break down seeing all of what is going on. because his actions are predictable.

Very rare, but I have seen it. And no, I don’t record matches, but I know for certain that this has happened.

I suspect I know why, but if I'm right then its likely a bug.

he doesn't counter the assist, and its likely the assist is counting first as the damage that brings him to 0 protection. the second attack is then moote and not countered.

so possibly a bug, but still predictable.
  • I have seen this many times as well. Sometimes it just doesn't work.
  • KausDebonair
    1293 posts Member

It simply broken.

not broken.

sorry I will edit my other post, I meant to say Fear. because we were talking about Malak. The dooku reference is irrelevant. sorry for the confusion. daze does act differently according to a change a while back it is one of the few debuffs inflicted before damage to prevent counter attacks.

Malaks unique specifically states at the end of the turn. not broken, written as such and WAI.

do you have a video of this happening? it would be much easier to explain whats happening and give you a break down seeing all of what is going on. because his actions are predictable.

he doesn't counter the assist, and its likely the assist is counting first as the damage that brings him to 0 protection. the second attack is then moote and not countered.

This makes the most sense. If the assist damage hits first and drops him to 0, then it wouldn’t be countered. I can’t say I’ve ever noticed it, though. The question then would be “who hits first, the assist or the caller?” To which I haven’t paid attention and can’t really tell on 4x speed. Doesn’t explain him not countering DR though, I’ve never had that happen since they fixed the it the original time.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member

It simply broken.

not broken.

Nope, have no video. It happens occasionally. I see several ppl noticed that too. It’s just very weird and almost unpredictable... definitely bug, but who cares right? I already described every strange situations I noticed about GAS. Honestly, I am going to be beta-tester, besides, GAS not-counter attacking in some cases helps my team...
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    The question then would be “who hits first, the assist or the caller?”

This changes from character to character. You have to read the ability of the toon that calls the assist. For instance, Ezra clearly calls the assist first, then attacks.

Fives is interesting because it doesn't specifically use any words that specify the order of attacks for certain. However, the attacks are described in a particular order - fives first, then the assist -

Here's the language:
    Deal physical damage to target enemy and call target ally to assist...

Note that as I've said, it doesn't lay down the law about which attack has to be resolved first, but Fives' attack is described first, so the natural implication is that it will be happening first. If that ain't what's going on, then either a bug fix or clarifying wording is necessary.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Post a video because it sounds like its just corrupted battle meditation that is preventing GAS from countering all the time
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    I have had it happen at least 4 or so times now that i have noticed, been waiting to see if a thread would appear.

There is absolutely something going on with his counters.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    I have had it happen at least 4 or so times now that i have noticed, been waiting to see if a thread would appear.

There is absolutely something going on with his counters.

Dont get me wrong, it is complicated. especially when you lower it from 100% with CBM. but I have yet to see an situation that can't be explained. so not broken. are there bugs, yeah possibly, unless someone with more understanding can explain in more depth. but still it all follows "logic" (for lack of a better term), or in game mechanics (probably the better term)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

It simply broken.

not broken.

Nope, have no video. It happens occasionally. I see several ppl noticed that too. It’s just very weird and almost unpredictable... definitely bug, but who cares right? I already described every strange situations I noticed about GAS. Honestly, I am going to be beta-tester, besides, GAS not-counter attacking in some cases helps my team...

a picture is worth a 1000 words, and you have used less than 100. so a video would be worlds better. you are not describing the situation, just the particular thing you think is wrong. surprisingly there are a lot of factors that take place in a battle. so again, no not bugged, unless you want to provide more details to discuss
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    The only bug I know is that GS DOES counter the second special from sith trooper.
    Sith trooper will call himself for an assist if he has advantage. An assist can't be countered.
    Why does GS counter it if an assist can't be countered? Is it because it was ST's turn and he damaged GS?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Akenno wrote: »
    The only bug I know is that GS DOES counter the second special from sith trooper.
    Sith trooper will call himself for an assist if he has advantage. An assist can't be countered.
    Why does GS counter it if an assist can't be countered? Is it because it was ST's turn and he damaged GS?

assists can't be countered, is not the correct way to say that sorry. out of turn attacks can't be countered. if a toon attacks 2 times in its turn I believe they are both open to counter, even if calling themselves to assist.
This discussion has been closed.