Just showing off my largest gear expendable yet - F2P mass spending gear for SLK prereqs

As the title stated, this was me being F2P and spending my gear stash of 6 months to finish the SLK prereqs, thought I'd share. Streamed it initially because some guildies wanted me to, but it turned out longer than expected due to the relic upgrade animations and a minor gear miscalculation hiccup that occurred. If anyone knows someone with a larger stash let me know cause I'll be super impressed.

Replies

• Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    @DarjeloSalas .. your wrong.. @Edward could have done this, but he’s saving for the next one..
  • I'm not sure who that is. I'm guessing a hoarder of legendary proportions? I'm intrigued lol.
  • Lots of FTP have SLKR. Not that much of a big deal
  • I dont think lots of FTP have SLKR. There are only 6 in my shards and those players are not true FTP
  • true FTP

?
  • I am on roughraptors shard and can attest he is ftp. Been in the shard chat with him for nearly 2 years I think
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Why do people need to attest to being ftp?
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Why do people need to attest to being ftp?

Because being a FTP who only spends $20/month is a virtue?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    FTP and spenders are equally important to the health of the game.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Lots of FTP have SLKR. Not that much of a big deal

Source?
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    According to https://swgoh.gg/characters/supreme-leader-kylo-ren/data/ there are roughly 2200 SLKR around in the game. I don't think that number earns the term "lots", especially out of those probably "lots" are not FTP.
  • Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    ZAP wrote: »
    Damodamo wrote: »
    @DarjeloSalas .. your wrong.. @Edward could have done this, but he’s saving for the next one..

“your wrong”

😀
    Kitten you @ZAP and kitten autocorrect :/ lol

Edit* I said da*n ??
  • FofoBett
    135 posts Member
    so how does he get so many relic toons - I have been playing for every single day for nearly 4 years now and I am no where near that many. I take it he hasn't spent anything for sixth months but he would have had to have blitzed it before - but without spending??? I'd like to see your strategies to 7* toons and then Relic them...please as I could do with some advice.
  • FofoBett wrote: »
    so how does he get so many relic toons - I have been playing for every single day for nearly 4 years now and I am no where near that many. I take it he hasn't spent anything for sixth months but he would have had to have blitzed it before - but without spending??? I'd like to see your strategies to 7* toons and then Relic them...please as I could do with some advice.

If you mean me, I have only spent $30 and it was back in early 2017 so basically 0 considering what $30 even gets you and how long ago it was. I just make sure to place as high as possible in arena (I'm usually on a 1/2 rotation but with the GLs I'm top 10/20 instead sometimes). On top of that just accumulating gear from raids/TW/TB/GAC is huge. Generally when something comes out I'll farm it with one hard node refresh a day until I'm done.
  • Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    @FofoBett im on 25 relic toons so far, 5.4mil and completely ftp, I have a list I work on, I favourite 5 toons at a time and work along them, then start the next 5 (I keep the 5s organised in squads) unless something changes or I need a specific toon for a specific reason and then I add them in. I have most toons at 7* now, but if I have any that I’m bringing up (hux and red trooper atm) they are added to the 5 that I am taking to relics at that point in time.
  • Adamklark wrote: »
    true f2p=never spend. if you buy packs here and there you are not f2p

Exactly my point,
    "True F2P" is nonsense,
    You are or you aren't.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Adamklark wrote: »

Exactly my point,
    "True F2P" is nonsense,
    You are or you aren't.

And OP apparently isn’t.
  • Scuttlebutt
    1190 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

Exactly my point,
    "True F2P" is nonsense,
    You are or you aren't.

And OP apparently isn’t.

At least he’s honest about what he spent and the fact that he spent. I’ve seen many more people claim to be f2p and never admit to spending money.

I’m essentially in the same boat. I spent about $50 in 2017, so it’s much easier to say I’m f2p than “I’ve been playing for free since 2017, but only paid $50 then. And $50 doesn’t really buy much in this game anyway.”
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Liath wrote: »

Exactly my point,
    "True F2P" is nonsense,
    You are or you aren't.

And OP apparently isn’t.

At least he’s honest about what he spent and the fact that he spent. I’ve seen many more people claim to be f2p and never admit to spending money.

I’m essentially in the same boat. I spent about $50 in 2017, so it’s much easier to say I’m f2p than “I’ve been playing for free since 2017, but only paid $50 then. And $50 doesn’t really buy much in this game anyway.”

Its also easier to say that you're a minnow instead
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    And $50 doesn’t really buy much in this game anyway.”
    $100 actually buys quite a bit if you spend it right. Too bad (?) you can only do that once.