New player need advice.

Prev1
Saxguru
69 posts Member
I have been playing for a couple weeks and am at level 45. I am not sure if I should start over as I have been kind old aimless. This is what I have. Thank you!

3bqfhra2ujd3.jpg

Replies

• Saxguru
    69 posts Member
    I also have 5 ships. One being Executrix.
  • Skies439
    60 posts Member
    start over.
    farm phoenix. get kanan, zeb, to 7 stars. ezra 5 or 6 is fine, farm geo soldier and KRU (optional)
    get strong ally so you can get to anakin and bastilla hard node. farm those 2 plus ahsoka.
    get mace and consular to 5*.
    get grand master yoda 5* with mace, consular, ezra, kanan, ahsoka.
    now you got team of bastilla, ezra, kanan, ahsoka, gmy
    once you hit fleet, farm sun fac, and geo spy

gear up ackbar.
    arena shud be bastilla, ezra, kanan, ahsoka, gmy once anakin power is good enough replace kanan.
    fleet arena shud be ackbar, ahsoka, geo soldier, sun fac, anakin, KRU/geo spy.
  • I hate to say it, but Skies is right. Try get to level 27 on the first day, and 50 in two weeks. This nearly promises top 500 in arena (back then without the hyperdrives it's 250) Skies pretty much outlined everything you should farm. However, I don't recommend farming consular just for his ship which you'll ditch in a week and for getting GMY two weeks early. It's not worth it. Instead, don't even bother with Kanan and Consular. Go straight for Bastila, Anakin, Ahsoka, Mace, and Ezra. Fleet arena the fleet is always the geo trio plus anakin and ahsoka.
    That's the Bastila route. A newer path would be Separatists (check out Ahnald) and an older one is the Phoenix. Other possibilities include BH and First order (with Sith Trooper). I tested all of them myself and they're all fine.
  • You might indeed need to start over. But I don't think it's absolutely necessary. You're not so high yet that it's really going to affect you much in the long run. Thou you're also not far enough yet that starting over s going to affect you much either. I leave that up to you.
    Skies has pointed you to a path, but it's unfortunately an old one. I recommend watching this guide to help you along with what to focus on. Also, don't mind the time frames. If you think you can, go for it. But best of all is to play the game at your own pace.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYT_b3z7O0A
  • Skies439
    60 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    @Ichiraikou Lol u follow that ahnald guide? Both revan will be obsolete soon. Nute and dooku got no place in the end game, unless you got wat tambor to create the 3rd separatist team.
  • Skies439 wrote: »
    @Ichiraikou Lol u follow that ahnald guide? Both revan will be obsolete soon

what are you talking about? For 1 both revans are still very much viable. Not Meta anymore, but they still beat most teams in the game. 2, the revans are like focus 4 in the guide. They come pretty late in them all things considered. 3. I guess that means that any team that isn't the main meta is obsolete to you? Good luck in GA and TW with a single team then.
  • @Ichiraikou you know what ahnald does for a living? making a youtube channel about this game. do you think he spent money on this game. I bet he did. u gonna follow all the guide F2P. good luck that will take you 5-6 years.
    my path will be get geos, get padme then shaak ti and clones, grievous and droids. there i got 4 teams for GAC, TW & TB. dont need 5 toons to get 1 toon and after that 3 of them are useless like zaalbar, vao, t3m4, juhani, ordo, onassi.

then ewoks team, 3PO. after that only need assaj for GS.
    @Ichiraikou you know what ahnald does for a living? making a youtube channel about this game. do you think he spent money on this game. I bet he did. u gonna follow all the guide F2P. good luck that will take you 5-6 years.
    my path will be get geos, get padme then shaak ti and clones, grievous and droids. there i got 4 teams for GAC, TW & TB. dont need 5 toons to get 1 toon and after that 3 of them are useless like zaalbar, vao, t3m4, juhani, ordo, onassi.

then ewoks team, 3PO. after that only need assaj for GS.

So, a guy that spends his entire life learning the ins and outs of the game is a bad source of information according to you? Weird way of thinking, but ok.
    Yes, he did spend money on the game, in his main account. I wouldn't expect it otherwise. Thou his sub accounts also contain FTP accounts.
    I'm just curious how you are going to do things without the revans. I mean, Jedi Kight Revan is by far the best counter to Galactic Legends Rey we have in the game right now. So good luck when that end game hits you. And that's not even mentioning Darth Malak, who is still very present in the Arena's right now. Or the Nuke Grievous team, which T3-M4 is a big part of.
    Also curious how you are going to do the Nute mission in Dark Side Geonosian Territory battle without Nute. It's pretty much impossible. (not to mention the very annoying team with Nute, Dooku, and Nest. If you don't know what you are doing, that on eis going to kill your Grand Arena win streak)
    But hey, I guess this is just the difference between people who look at the game as a whole and at all of it's aspects, and people who can't look beyond the top 20 in (grand) arena.
    But in the end none of that matters because the start of the game is very different from the end game. Since thit is a new player asking for help and advice, we shouldn't be applying end game things they won't be encountering for a few years to them already. Thinking long game is fine, but only thinking long game is overkill.
  • Desertfox1024
    207 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Well, I'm new to the forums, but I'm not new to the game, considering that I had nine accounts the oldest one dating back to the launch of the game. Let me tell you something: the only way for F2P to actually earn a high rank this game is to go as close to the meta as possible. In this case, it's the geos and padme and general skywalker, and perhaps rebels considering the route CG is taking. As for Ahnald's guides, I have to agree with Skies. They mean well, but in the reality they just aren't what you want. Proofed not once but thrice. None of his guides allow you to get a high rank. Too slow, all of them. They aim at getting you all the characters, yes, but it'll take five years and you'll be stuck below 1500. Just not viable.
  • Ichiraikou wrote: »
    You might indeed need to start over. But I don't think it's absolutely necessary. You're not so high yet that it's really going to affect you much in the long run. Thou you're also not far enough yet that starting over s going to affect you much either. I leave that up to you.
    Skies has pointed you to a path, but it's unfortunately an old one. I recommend watching this guide to help you along with what to focus on. Also, don't mind the time frames. If you think you can, go for it. But best of all is to play the game at your own pace.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYT_b3z7O0A

And please don't send this out to anyone again. I learnt it the hard way. It just doesn't work for F2Ps who want a high rank.
  • Well, I'm new to the forums, but I'm not new to the game, considering that I had nine accounts the oldest one dating back to the launch of the game. Let me tell you something: the only way for F2P to actually earn a high rank this game is to go as close to the meta as possible. In this case, it's the geos and padme and general skywalker, and perhaps rebels considering the route CG is taking. As for Ahnald's guides, I have to agree with Skies. They mean well, but in the reality they just aren't what you want. Proofed not once but thrice. None of his guides allow you to get a high rank. Too slow, all of them. They aim at getting you all the characters, yes, but it'll take five years and you'll be stuck below 1500. Just not viable.

I supose I do have a different goal there. So this is fair.
    Well, I'm new to the forums, but I'm not new to the game, considering that I had nine accounts the oldest one dating back to the launch of the game. Let me tell you something: the only way for F2P to actually earn a high rank this game is to go as close to the meta as possible. In this case, it's the geos and padme and general skywalker, and perhaps rebels considering the route CG is taking. As for Ahnald's guides, I have to agree with Skies. They mean well, but in the reality they just aren't what you want. Proofed not once but thrice. None of his guides allow you to get a high rank. Too slow, all of them. They aim at getting you all the characters, yes, but it'll take five years and you'll be stuck below 1500. Just not viable.

Well you're right it depends... Whether you want a higher rank or more characters. But the problem is that the F2P that actually read guides or ask in the forums are the ones who want the high rank right?

Well you're right it depends... Whether you want a higher rank or more characters. But the problem is that the F2P that actually read guides or ask in the forums are the ones who want the high rank right?

I guess. Thou that is an assumption. So neither of us knows for sure. Thou I do get where you come from.
  • Saxguru
    69 posts Member
    Thank you for all of your input. I started a new account. I might drop 20 dollars from time to time. Can you guys tell me what the best bang for my buck would be? You guys rock, thank you again.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Saxguru wrote: »
    Thank you for all of your input. I started a new account. I might drop 20 dollars from time to time. Can you guys tell me what the best bang for my buck would be? You guys rock, thank you again.

Best bang for the bucks would be to buy the hyper drive bundle. By far.

I'd recommend to wait until you gain access to the squad arena at level 27, check whether you was assign to a young shard (relatively high rank) and if you are then buy the bundle. If you end up in a low rank (20k players to a full shard), I'd recommend to rinse and repeat. That will give you the best start (apart from hoarding/stalling before you cross the threshold lvl 27).
  • thomssi
    526 posts Member
    First thing a disclaimer, I have better things to do than closely monitor Ahnald's uploads so, though I am subscribed to his channel, I may have missed something.

That said, he started an FTP account to pursue Geos first. I don't recall seeing an update for a loooong time. Now, with first point in mind, what does that tell you. You would still be better looking up Warrior's guide (yes I know he packed in but the guide still is likely about the best out there).

Next point (probably cause ructions). I'd play something else. Don't get me wrong, I still like the game. I am not, like another youtuber, constantly slagging things as got the hump. However....... All games have a shelf life and this one has slowed. You are also over 4 years behind. Unless you are an intergalactic whale you will NEVER catch up or even close and the new toys that do come out will be years away not months. It will be depressing. Looks at Disney or even dragon champions or maybe lego which are newish, similar and you can still be towards the front. Coming to a game late is always hard and missing stuff or it being useless by the time you get to it is frustrating. With the Disney one, you also never know, Star Wars could come to it.

(Hopefully above doesn't breach any rules, Star Wars is, after all, owned by Disney even if CG isn't).
  • Skies439
    60 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    @Ichiraikou
    I'm not that far in the game yet. never met GL rey team, you sound so experienced.
    what's your ally code? can i be your ally and learn from you? :smile:
    Mine's 848-692-196 and 339-246-954
    Post edited by Skies439 on
  • Saxguru
    69 posts Member
    I hate to say it, but Skies is right. Try get to level 27 on the first day, and 50 in two weeks. This nearly promises top 500 in arena (back then without the hyperdrives it's 250) Skies pretty much outlined everything you should farm. However, I don't recommend farming consular just for his ship which you'll ditch in a week and for getting GMY two weeks early. It's not worth it. Instead, don't even bother with Kanan and Consular. Go straight for Bastila, Anakin, Ahsoka, Mace, and Ezra. Fleet arena the fleet is always the geo trio plus anakin and ahsoka.
    That's the Bastila route. A newer path would be Separatists (check out Ahnald) and an older one is the Phoenix. Other possibilities include BH and First order (with Sith Trooper). I tested all of them myself and they're all fine.

Why level 27 on the first day? Do I get some kind of bonus for this or does it just give me access to more game modes and rewards faster?
  • Saxguru wrote: »
    I hate to say it, but Skies is right. Try get to level 27 on the first day, and 50 in two weeks. This nearly promises top 500 in arena (back then without the hyperdrives it's 250) Skies pretty much outlined everything you should farm. However, I don't recommend farming consular just for his ship which you'll ditch in a week and for getting GMY two weeks early. It's not worth it. Instead, don't even bother with Kanan and Consular. Go straight for Bastila, Anakin, Ahsoka, Mace, and Ezra. Fleet arena the fleet is always the geo trio plus anakin and ahsoka.

Why level 27 on the first day? Do I get some kind of bonus for this or does it just give me access to more game modes and rewards faster?

Because it's just the fastest you can progress the higher you can climb in the arena, and the first two weeks are pretty much crucial. It determines your 'starting arena position'. Afterwards climbing will only get harder and harder
  • Saxguru
    69 posts Member

Because it's just the fastest you can progress the higher you can climb in the arena, and the first two weeks are pretty much crucial. It determines your 'starting arena position'. Afterwards climbing will only get harder and harder

OK, thanks again!
  • Saxguru
    69 posts Member
    Do I need ahsoka Fulcrum or the plain ahsoka?
    @Ichiraikou
    I'm not that far in the game yet. never met GL rey team, you sound so experienced.
    what's your ally code? can i be your ally and learn from you? :smile:
    Mine's 848-692-196 and 339-246-954
    @Skies439 Tnx for that, I have been playing this game for a long while and have formed a discord group with bot my Guild and the people in my arena. So we regularly exchange strategies and findings (probably making me sound more experienced than I am, since the Jedi counter came from someone in my arena discord group). I'm not going to become your ally thou. I'm pretty full when it comes to allies and I have pretty regular contact with a lot of them so don't want to unfriend any of them. Sorry. Do appreciate the offer thou.
    Do I need ahsoka Fulcrum or the plain ahsoka?
    @Saxguru not entirely sure in which context but considering that plain Ahsoka (Galactic Republic Jedi) is useful in both Jedi mid-game and Galactic Republic end-game teams and Fulcrum Ahsoka hasn't been that useful except for the occasional off counter or rebel fill-up spot, I'm assuming regular plain Ahsoka is the one you're looking for.
  • Ichiraikou's right. The regular Ahsoka's the one you want. I rarely see anyone use Fulcrum except for specific purposes or back-up toon. She's the type that doesn't really fit in.
  • Saxguru
    69 posts Member
    Should I be sending purple credits or saving them for a store pack? Should I buy bronze spins for the 250? Thanks guys. I made level 27 in a day. Trying to spend as little as possible on my toons to get the job done and save for the ones I will level up.
  • Saxguru
    69 posts Member
    Thanks again!
  • For Crystals, always use it for energy refreshes, and in the occasional case, really really valueable packs or Arena refreshes for climbs. For the bronze pack, spam click it beaause there's nearly no other way you can spend your friend tokens.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Bronziums may drop character shards or unlocked characters. They will help you ease the grind for some of the early characters. Ewok scout, snow Trooper, Royal Guard etc. drop fairly often.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Bronziums may drop character shards or unlocked characters. They will help you ease the grind for some of the early characters. Ewok scout, snow Trooper, Royal Guard etc. drop fairly often.

In one of my accounts I seven stared snow by the time I reached 85 thanks to all these bronziums lol
  • Saxguru
    69 posts Member
    Update, I am on day three, In have Ezra at 3 stars, I will have Ahsoka tomorrow and I am almost half way on Mace. Ezra alone makes a huge difference. I will keep you guys posted and ask more noob questions soon, thanks again!

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Regarding Mace:
    Be aware, that you will unlock a 4* Mace through the fleet challenges that lead to unlocking ships. The challenge is available in the mid-late 50s before you can finaly unlock ships at level 60.