Replies

• Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Don’t hold your breath. Especially if it’s “too expensive” Which is CG’s new fallback
  • Krashxxxx
    226 posts Member
    Galactic Legends increased the quality of everyone's life. No QOL update needed.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    No.
  • jman1234
    93 posts Member
    With all the new capital ships, it'd be nice if we can have a ships loadout for one. Another would be adding a levels filter for mods so i don't need to scroll to the bottom of the screen to reach my lvl 1 mods. They should also remove the cooldown for simming challenges. I never understood why you can't just sim all of it at once, especially since the cooldown is like 5 seconds, like what's the point of that. It's like adding a 5 second cooldown everytime you sim a hard node. Anyways, these are just QoL updates I would like to see this year.
  • jman1234 wrote: »
    With all the new capital ships, it'd be nice if we can have a ships loadout for one. Another would be adding a levels filter for mods so i don't need to scroll to the bottom of the screen to reach my lvl 1 mods. They should also remove the cooldown for simming challenges. I never understood why you can't just sim all of it at once, especially since the cooldown is like 5 seconds, like what's the point of that. It's like adding a 5 second cooldown everytime you sim a hard node. Anyways, these are just QoL updates I would like to see this year.

They touched on the 5 second thing a few q and a's ago. Essentially they said that's the minimum time they can put down for a ping to their server to make sure the client and their servers sync up properly so you don't get more or less attempts and therefore rewards. Also it's 20 seconds total, so not a big deal
  • jman1234
    93 posts Member
    jman1234 wrote: »

They touched on the 5 second thing a few q and a's ago. Essentially they said that's the minimum time they can put down for a ping to their server to make sure the client and their servers sync up properly so you don't get more or less attempts and therefore rewards. Also it's 20 seconds total, so not a big deal

ah ok, thanks for clearing that up. It's definitely not a big deal, just that it would be nicer to sim it all in one go.
  • Wolfcast1e
    526 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    I saw a post where they were asking what guild officers would want, let's hope we have something there .. like TB review time, TW battle history, etc, etc.

A whole roster mods loadout would be nice too, so you can change up all your mods for an event and after just hit ''reload all''.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Don’t hold your breath. Especially if it’s “too expensive” Which is CG’s new fallback

A sandbox for you to play in and Quality of Life def seems like the same thing...
    It's too expansive

If this isn’t misspelled it’s great
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

A sandbox for you to play in and Quality of Life def seems like the same thing...
    It's too expansive

Because several variations of a sandbox mode don’t cost differing amounts or require differing variations of work right? Unless you want to do what they did and just broad stroke the entire concept and hide behind the “too expensive” excuse
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »

CG said it once

It’s the forums new fallback catchphrase

Multiple times*

Same post, I’ll give you that but the biggest reason for telling us “no” on a lot of our biggest requests was that it would be too expensive, Aka, they couldn’t make enough money from it; which is the bottom line.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    remind me, what were the biggest requests by the community to CG?
  • LendersQuiz
    1161 posts Member
    We have had a major QOL update every year since the game came out. I haven't heard a single mention in 2020 so far. Does this mean that CG is stopping this yearly "tradition"?

I'm not so concerned about the details of what the updates are, just a simple answer of yes / no from an official source.
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »

CG said it once

It’s the forums new fallback catchphrase

Multiple times*

Same post, I’ll give you that but the biggest reason for telling us “no” on a lot of our biggest requests was that it would be too expensive, Aka, they couldn’t make enough money from it; which is the bottom line.

Pfft. Technicality

Cost benefit analysis doesn't line up , so don't do it. Everyone uses that as a "fallback"
  • KingOfControversy
    29 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Ultra wrote: »

Pretty sure with the amount of time you spend on the forums you already know the answer to your own question. Nice try though, I'll give you that much.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

It's too expansive

Because several variations of a sandbox mode don’t cost differing amounts or require differing variations of work right? Unless you want to do what they did and just broad stroke the entire concept and hide behind the “too expensive” excuse

not sure what this is supposed to mean. You compared a sandbox to play in to actual quality of life issues. But different sandboxes could cost different amounts? ok?

Pretty sure with the amount of time you spend on the forums you already know the answer to your own question. Nice try though, I'll give you that much.

sometimes it seems like some people are here so much it's like they are multiple people amiright?
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

It's too expansive

not sure what this is supposed to mean. You compared a sandbox to play in to actual quality of life issues. But different sandboxes could cost different amounts? ok?

sometimes it seems like some people are here so much it's like they are multiple people amiright?

You said that sandbox mode can’t be quality of life and also harped in its expenses. Wrong on count one, and I told you that they could do something at a much smaller price. There’s a thread you created that has dozens of posts suggesting different sandbox variants and how it could be implemented. Check there.

As to the other post you commented on, they’re not wrong. Ultra knows very well the biggest requests from the last Q&A that we were told weren’t happening anymore/anytime soon. She knows about the mace and GR Jedi reworks, reworks to the useless toons forced relic for GL’s, new raid, sandbox mode, guild challenges, live PVP, LSGeo difficulty tweaks, etc.....

That Q&A was one big “No” for a lot of what the community has been asking for, for awhile now. Like others have been saying, this next Road Ahead needs to have something amazing planned, otherwise ALOT of people are going to be ticked off that they canceled so much they said they were working on, for so little.
    When will that Road Ahead be? Soon TM. What will it contain? Gotta wait and see
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    There's still the thread asking guild officers what they want, and they even mentioned it in the q&a.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    There's still the thread asking guild officers what they want, and they even mentioned it in the q&a.

Which they were supposed to have a meeting about the week following the Q&A and then get back to us, but doubt that happened even in their end. Some new tools for guild officers would be amazing QoL to add to help take the burden off of guild officers that work extremely hard to organize many things
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

It's too expansive

You said that sandbox mode can’t be quality of life and also harped in its expenses. Wrong on count one, and I told you that they could do something at a much smaller price. There’s a thread you created that has dozens of posts suggesting different sandbox variants and how it could be implemented. Check there.

As to the other post you commented on, they’re not wrong. Ultra knows very well the biggest requests from the last Q&A that we were told weren’t happening anymore/anytime soon. She knows about the mace and GR Jedi reworks, reworks to the useless toons forced relic for GL’s, new raid, sandbox mode, guild challenges, live PVP, LSGeo difficulty tweaks, etc.....

That Q&A was one big “No” for a lot of what the community has been asking for, for awhile now. Like others have been saying, this next Road Ahead needs to have something amazing planned, otherwise ALOT of people are going to be ticked off that they canceled so much they said they were working on, for so little.
    When will that Road Ahead be? Soon TM. What will it contain? Gotta wait and see

what? iirc QOL fixes and new features are separate roll-outs. And I didn't say anything about the expenses, you talked about expenses to compare the two, no?
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    You commented on expenses as well, but were actually talking about the spelling being brilliant. Misinterpreted on my end.

Also new tools and features can be considered quality of life. The mod load outs were considered quality of life when it was introduced so guild officer tools and a sandbox test site can be considered that since it’s a subjective term. But that’s not the point, point is that CG has been saying no to new things because “expensive” which was my first comment in this thread.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    You commented on expenses as well, but were actually talking about the spelling being brilliant. Misinterpreted on my end.

Also new tools and features can be considered quality of life. The mod load outs were considered quality of life when it was introduced so guild officer tools and a sandbox test site can be considered that since it’s a subjective term. But that’s not the point, point is that CG has been saying no to new things because “expensive” which was my first comment in this thread.

alright. And what they said was it would be too expensive to make a sandbox that people probably wouldn't use much anyway and it would take away from the new things they are working on, not "no to new things bc expensive," but i see what you're saying
  • LendersQuiz
    1161 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    On my QOL wishlist we have:
    1. Fleet squads like we have for toons already.
    2. Multi-tag in the character/ship screens. For example, we can tag seppies or we can tag droids, but we can't tag seppies and droids.
    3. Lastly, to be able to sim ALL battles that we have achieved 3 stars in. ALL of them.
  • Gifafi wrote: »

alright. And what they said was it would be too expensive to make a sandbox that people probably wouldn't use much anyway and it would take away from the new things they are working on, not "no to new things bc expensive," but i see what you're saying

Well, many have said this and I will repeat it:
    Sandbox mode will probably attract more players to get involved in the game. It seems to me that the main motive for these "NOs" are because you don't have to spend money to play them (that's just my opinion). A sandbox mode is basically just a more in-depth Squad Arena, so I can't see how that can 'take away' from other game modes they are developing. The majority of the player base wants something sandbox-esque. I can guarantee you if the implemented a sandbox mode it would be one of the more played events in the game. Remember in the q&a they said they based it off of replayable events which is why they thought it wouldn't be very enticing, but that's where they got it wrong. Sandbox is not like these other replayable events, like I said before, it's a more in-depth Squad Arena with more to do, and we already know how many people take part in squad arenas.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Potato211
    473 posts Member
    I'll give you the CG answer: Too expensive.
  • Yeah the QOL will be the game ending and all of us getting out lives back