Will there be a major QOL update for 2020?

2Next

Replies

• Dubbstep
    15 posts Member
    I love your optimism. Right now that qol update is probably lost in the ocean of content everyone was promised.

Cant even get a forum post up about road ahead on time and it's their own schedule- its may 13th now and still no update
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Dubbstep wrote: »
    I love your optimism. Right now that qol update is probably lost in the ocean of content everyone was promised.

Cant even get a forum post up about road ahead on time and it's their own schedule- its may 13th now and still no update

What schedule?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Dubbstep wrote: »

can you please post a link to the schedule I would like to check it so I can keep tabs on what "on time" is for this post. Thank you.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    You commented on expenses as well, but were actually talking about the spelling being brilliant. Misinterpreted on my end.

Also new tools and features can be considered quality of life. The mod load outs were considered quality of life when it was introduced so guild officer tools and a sandbox test site can be considered that since it’s a subjective term. But that’s not the point, point is that CG has been saying no to new things because “expensive” which was my first comment in this thread.

alright. And what they said was it would be too expensive to make a sandbox that people probably wouldn't use much anyway and it would take away from the new things they are working on, not "no to new things bc expensive," but i see what you're saying

Well, many have said this and I will repeat it:
    Sandbox mode will probably attract more players to get involved in the game. It seems to me that the main motive for these "NOs" are because you don't have to spend money to play them (that's just my opinion). A sandbox mode is basically just a more in-depth Squad Arena, so I can't see how that can 'take away' from other game modes they are developing. The majority of the player base wants something sandbox-esque. I can guarantee you if the implemented a sandbox mode it would be one of the more played events in the game. Remember in the q&a they said they based it off of replayable events which is why they thought it wouldn't be very enticing, but that's where they got it wrong. Sandbox is not like these other replayable events, like I said before, it's a more in-depth Squad Arena with more to do, and we already know how many people take part in squad arenas.

I understand that you think so, but CG disagrees, at least so far. just sayin
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • I don't expect any updates at all anymore. That way, when anything happens, it is a pleasant surprise.
  • @CG_Doja_Fett

With about 10 weeks left in 2020 an answer to my original question would be awesome.

Will there be a major QOL update for 2020 (like there was for 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019) or has the pandemic and/or unity update closed the possibility for 2020?

Even a simple "nothing is planned" or a "possible but can't talk about it" would be great.

Thanks!
  • GJO
    172 posts Member
    Yep, it would be nice, mods are pain in the ****. Fleet pre-built squadron would be nice. 6x speed would be very nice to raids (since we can sim them).

And please, don't come with another raid, give us a sandbox mode or intra guild GAC w/o recording banners, just for fun.
    @CG_Doja_Fett

With about 10 weeks left in 2020 an answer to my original question would be awesome.

Will there be a major QOL update for 2020 (like there was for 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019) or has the pandemic and/or unity update closed the possibility for 2020?

Even a simple "nothing is planned" or a "possible but can't talk about it" would be great.

Thanks!

• I've had a few ideas....
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*