Shard swap

Are there any plans to introduce a shard swap between characters? I have shards for a heap of characters I'll never, ever use so it would make sense to swap them for ones I will.

Replies

• it would be cool. But everyone would have a full team of the strongest 7 star players in the game with in a week :/
  • moddom
    238 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    This is on the FAQ in this same sub section. Yes they are planning on allowing the exchange of excess character shards. What they will be exchanged for is unknown however.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/1271/frequently-asked-questions-12-15-2015#latest
  • You can turn them in for an IOU. :D
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Conversion to crystals seems legit to me. :)
  • I bet you can't turn in any shards unless the character is already 7*. Honestly think about it. Let's say you have 1* jawa but 380 shards. You don't want to upgrade him so the shard are setting thier, then exchange come in and now you can trade them for 380 sid shards? Makes farming and buying packs a waste of time and money as areana, GW, and cantina shards you could just exchange.

I also don't expect it to be a 1 for 1 system either. More like a 5 for 1 as your picking exactly the character you want. If you get to pick it at all, and if its shards.

Would hate it if it's for credits. Then I don't think I would even bother

• Breetai wrote: »
    I bet you can't turn in any shards unless the character is already 7*. Honestly think about it. Let's say you have 1* jawa but 380 shards. You don't want to upgrade him so the shard are setting thier, then exchange come in and now you can trade them for 380 sid shards? Makes farming and buying packs a waste of time and money as areana, GW, and cantina shards you could just exchange.

I also don't expect it to be a 1 for 1 system either. More like a 5 for 1 as your picking exactly the character you want. If you get to pick it at all, and if its shards.

Would hate it if it's for credits. Then I don't think I would even bother

That's some well-placed cynicism. Better to call it being realistic, though. Wholly agree, although I think they're smart enough not to go the credits route. That would be salt on the wound.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • There is no way they would do a 1-1 system. Then you could get any character shard from arena/cantina/GW.

Would think crystals or 5:1 type trade in might work. It would be nice if they gave a couple options.

Also is a possibility that they will up the star levels at some point. So might wanna hang on to the rarer shards.
  • From the way it sounds, the only shards you could exchange are excess ones from characters you already have 7 stars on. Won't know for sure until they actually implement this system.
  • moddom wrote: »
    From the way it sounds, the only shards you could exchange are excess ones from characters you already have 7 stars on. Won't know for sure until they actually implement this system.

Yeah. I'm kinda hoping the system will be flexible enough that, with work, you will be able to eventually get any character, including the ones only present in the store, but make it hard enough that you can't outright just get everything you want. We'll have to wait and see I guess.